View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Wow this guy tho. mind blown.
i can feel his ego popping thru my screen

That’s, uh, not his ego ...

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Getting a Copperfield license may be a bit creepy now that he’s apparently been outed as a pedo rapist

Creepy, for sure, but on the bright side the Copperfield license should also be considerably cheaper now. Remember, these guys hired JPop, so they're clearly not deterred by the potential for a bit of bad press.

Plus, there's great synergy with George H.W. Bush's recently revealed pickup line: "'David Cop-a-feel is my favorite magician."

8 months later
#1861 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All I'm hoping is that somebody steps up and makes a game about a horny monkey.

Dude, this could be a perfect retirement project for you (and a great way to get rid of that $212k that’s been weighing you down, if you didn’t already blow it on a FlowRider). Convert the garage into a factory and you’re ready to roll.

#1862 5 years ago

dupe

1 week later
#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Ms. Fonda can still do voiceovers just like Elvira!

It's funny, you don't really notice how actors' voices age until you see a project like this. Sean Connery did the voice work in the From Russia With Love videogame back in 2005. I was super-psyched about it, but boy did he sound old. Ended up wishing they'd gone with an impersonator instead. I haven't listened to Jane Fonda in a while but I imagine there might be some of the same issue.

#1906 5 years ago

Celebrity Jeopardy would be a pretty sweet theme. Would fit right in next to a Wheel of Fortune.

4 weeks later
#2000 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've also heard with the right fertilizer, it will also grow on trees.

Is that what you're working on with the avocado grove now?

#2041 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not what I meant - it’s not in the UHD spec, but it will be back in some format. UHD supports HDR, the only-slightly-less-gut-wrenching-than-motion-smoothing feature, which is this cycle’s 3D. 3D will be back eventually in some future format

What's the beef with HDR? Super vibrant colors are all good in my book. Nothing like that soap opera effect BS they set as the default on the new TVs such that you can barely watch a show at the bar anymore.

3D would be just fine if they could do it without special glasses. But has has been noted a time or two here, no one wants to wear special glasses. Maybe in 10 years when we're all wearing Google Glasses or smart contacts all the time anyway it'll be an easier sell.

4 months later
#2675 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-april-8th-2019/

Scrapped, but I wonder how much time and resources were spent on the scrapped idea. In light of them totally missing their TPF debut and no future dates announced at all.

The key difference from JPop is this guy apparently has the money to burn and is actually paying his team. So long as he doesn’t try to go the preorder route, it’s all good. Of course I hope he’ll actually ship games, but either way, at least so far it’s not on someone else’s dime.

1 week later
#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

This guy knows but he ain't tellin'.
[quoted image]

My, o-din has aged badly since quitting Pinside.

#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

And they will probably be priced at $6000 by next year. Sorry that’s not figured out.

Seems like they’re still making plenty of money and moving plenty of units, so Stern presumably views things as “fixed.” At some point Stern will price themselves out of the budget market, but it apparently hasn’t happened yet. If Deeproot applies real price competition for Stern at the low end of the market that’ll be great for buyers, but we’re not quite there yet.

#2808 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Makes me nostalgic for the days of when jpop would dazzle us with art.

At least they're not claiming JPop did the animation.

#2997 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

He’s also a good faithful family man.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If only we'd known, we wouldn't have given JPop all that grief about taking millions in deposits and failing to make good on his promises. I always say a man can rob me all he wants, just so long as he's honest to his wife and makes it to church on time.

2 weeks later
#3355 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We started out with nothing until DR came along and brought in Jpop like him or not
If one had $5k with Jpop, you get your $5k deposit with him from DR per the agreement
That’s a lot better than a poke in the eye

Isn't there also an option to just have DP pay you back your JPop deposit if they're not shipping games on-schedule??

3 weeks later
#3579 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I’d drink a beer with J-pop. Much more interesting conversation than this thread

You should look him up. I'd guess that if you're buying, he's drinking. Just leave your checkbook at home, despite outward appearances he evidently has a mesmeric power to talk people into terrible financial decisions.

#3584 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I’d drink a beer with J-pop. Much more interesting conversation than this thread

Quoted from rubberducks:

Aren't you its most frequent poster?

b46d3d6e6490def3254d6c9d43443e67fcd94c30bda7bee2bfeac0ad76b93d81 (resized).jpgb46d3d6e6490def3254d6c9d43443e67fcd94c30bda7bee2bfeac0ad76b93d81 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4083 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I could have gotten a full refund of my initial $$ paid to Jpop today

Quoted from iceman44:

You can still hate John and get paid back at the same time

I know you're waiting on deeproot to make games, but have you heard reports of anyone that took the cash back option receiving their refunds? Assuming that's happened, what an incredible outcome for them. Meanwhile you're still coming off as a dick to the people that decided to sue JPop, when you should probably be thanking them. Think deeproot would have made the offer it did if it wasn't trying to bail that deadbeat out of the legal mess he made for himself?

#4099 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ice, given your track record/experience of getting f*cked by various pinball schemes, I would think that your excitement would be held in check pending this actually happening.
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...just how many times have you been fooled Ice?

Can't Get Fooled Again (resized).jpgCan't Get Fooled Again (resized).jpg
#4117 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

we don't measure dicks here on pinside its all about how many Nibs you have unboxed......

Quoted from cosmokramer:

Cant we do both?

Kind of a mashup then?

C9532621-DB4C-4BB2-AEBD-EDDB367B4CA4.gifC9532621-DB4C-4BB2-AEBD-EDDB367B4CA4.gif
2 weeks later
#4310 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Interesting. There are a LOT of people on pinside who signed up, so they should be receiving similar payoffs soon

Assuming anyone took the payout and didn’t hold out for games - haven’t seen anyone on Pinside report that they asked for the cash yet.

#4337 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

From a PR perspective, surely now is the time for Robert to reveal more about his games?

Disagree. Assuming deeproot wants to sell games (and not just capture our collective attention for 48 hours until Stern or whoever announces the next hot title) the time to start talking again is when they're actually ready to go into production, and you can pay a distributor and get one in a month or less. Jersey Jack has said repeatedly that he's learned this expensive lesson, and won't be announcing future games until they're ready to roll.

#4341 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

deeproot chose to use Zidware's intellectual property. Given this decision, the need to shield deeproot from legal exposure from Zidware customers seems glaringly obvious to me.

Really? So you’re saying if I license technology from a company that has not honored its debts to other customers, I assume legal liability for those debts?

I interpreted the settlements with Zidware customers as a PR move to cover deeproot hiring JPop and using some of his old designs without immediately alienating 3/4 of the customer base. But I’m not following your legal argument.

#4384 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Doesnt Jpop work for DR? Didn't DR make a deal with former zidware customers? Seems like a good place to discuss.

Quoted from Fulltilt:

Totally agree. But to suggest the other members are irrelevant to the discussion is missing the forest for the trees.

The problem is that the only deeproot news at the moment is JPop bailout refunds. When deeproot starts actual production on games by other designers, they'll start getting discussed as well.

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Actually I like all 5 and you even forgot the Ferrari for a Fiat pricetag and the Sledgrhammer!

Not to mention cracking down on Pinside lawyers practicing without a license. They've been very busy.

#4427 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But, real sorry you missed out while it was raining all those Benjamins.

To be fair, it started off raining dubious settlement offers from a company no one had heard of. As it turns out deeproot is making good on its promise to cash people out if it couldn't make the games in time, but I wouldn't necessarily have bet on that back in the day when the offers went out.

#4464 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seriously, with all the retro going on in pinball right now, can anybody think of a real good reason why Sledge Hammer! would not be a great pinball theme? It's got fans now that weren't even alive when the show first aired. I was one of the ones that watched every episode when it did.

I missed Sledge Hammer! in the 80s (didn't have a TV), but all of this talk inspired me to take the plunge. Season One on eBay ran me $4.99 shipped, seemed like a tolerable risk. I saw a few reviews comparing it to Brisco County Jr., hope it lives up to the hype.

#4505 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Sees 30 new posts, enters thread. Sees same old bs, exits thread.

Sees pink penis ...

#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Noone's holding you back.

He’s better not.

3265FFC8-4BFE-4EF2-B6AC-CD7CB8CF4E90 (resized).jpeg3265FFC8-4BFE-4EF2-B6AC-CD7CB8CF4E90 (resized).jpeg
#4616 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The original design was much cleaner (better) by logo standards.

True, you could much more cleanly see the butt cheeks in their original logo.

#4694 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You mean one way promotion where the author controls the message and who is allowed to question or follow up?
It’s why people leave forums and goto twitter or blogs where they can self moderate and control who/if anyone can have an equal platform to respond to their content. It’s not a good thing - it’s a method to control the message. And Instead of just making a blog post... he sends it to Chris who has a bigger built in audience... and he knows he can swoon Chris into being his amplifier.
It’s manipulation- not progress.

Mr68 didn't call it progress or a good, he said it was a "smart move" for deeproot to stop posting on Pinside. Which it is. There's just nothing to be gained by engaging in back and forth on the forums when you can get your message out just as effectively, under much more controlled conditions, through other venues. Stern and JJP reached the same conclusion, whether it's "good" or not it is a sound business decision.

#4698 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Engagement is a good thing. - trick is it takes the right kind of people. Completely disengaging is a retreat and just hunkering down. It’s not a good thing for consumers.

Whether or not it's good for consumers, it's a smart business decision for pinball manufacturers to disengage from forums and stick to controlled media outlets. Doesn't mean you don't monitor the forums and respond to specific complaints offline if necessary. But the imbalance in the risk/reward of actively engaging seems pretty obvious.

#4701 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

spooky figured out a better way to clear

So we all thought, but then they were having clear chipping issues with TNA. Playfield integrity seems to be a struggle for everyone these days.

#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The TNA playfield issue was quickly resolved by Spooky and Charlie owned up to it. So far ACNC's playfields are only getting the highest of compliments. Which tells me if they can figure it out, then so should the big boys.

Good to hear, I had seen the pictures and complaints but hadn't heard that the TNA issues were all resolved. And agreed that if Spooky's got it nailed down, no excuse for Stern and JJP not to follow suit.

1 week later
#4766 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea, because missing deadlines and being dishonest havent been a roadmap for 3 companies crashing and burning(customers $$$ in the past 10 years) , but doesnt matter to reasonable people?

Deeproot's silly announcements and blown deadlines don't bother me -- and I suspect many other people -- because deeproot, at least so far, isn't taking preorder money. How they spend their investors' money is between them and their investors. And if they lose some sales thanks to a series of premature announcements, they've failed to lean anything from JJP but it's still not my problem. Most of us will happily take a look at what they've got if and when they get a game to market.

#4792 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You know I was with you there brother! Back then it was a little tough to out spam the "voice of reason".

Don't sell yourself short, buddy, you can out-spam just about anyone when you put your mind to it!

#4834 4 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

check out this dimpling[quoted image]

If you want to post an animated gif, you've got to use the "Original size (no rescaling)" setting.

Stephen King.gifStephen King.gif
#4867 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You should PM deeproot directly. And while you're at it, I'm sure he is willing to take more investment money to keep this project on track.

Just don't offer him any free legal advice, he doesn't care for that at all.

#4875 4 years ago
Quoted from GunsNPinball:

According to Kanedas podcast there will be a presence from deeproot at expo but there wont be any games

So we have some new banner art to look forward to? The anticipation mounts ...

#4886 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This thread is on fire!

Just culling the herd.

#4912 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Come back Nov 15/16th

For furious discussion about the new art deeproot will be debuting at Expo, since the games are evidently not to be revealed yet.

Quoted from GunsNPinball:

so it looks like there won't be a full reveal from Deeproot in November. According to Kanedas podcast there will be a presence from deeproot at expo but there wont be any games ready

#4974 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I've been asking and wondering when they'd release any info to back up their very interesting and very bold claims for months now.

The only “information” deeproot can release that will do anything positive for their company is to produce a playable game and say that it’ll be ready to ship in 2-4 weeks. If they’re not ready to do that, better to remain silent for now.

4 weeks later
#5102 4 years ago

Is there some reason we're comparing WeWork and deeproot? They don't seem to have much in common. For starters, WeWork actually has a product that you can buy and use right now in dozens of cities around the world. And their finances are at least somewhat public now, while none of us know anything about deeproot's finances other than that they're presumably still spending money, and they haven't got anything on the market that could generate revenue.

#5173 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I honestly thought you said does not equate. Posted after a glass of wine. First one in a year I might add.

Just goes to show you're out of practice and should drink more regularly.

4 weeks later
#6755 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

its not too late for DR to consider a different direction

Stern already snagged the money-maker with the OG Star Wars license. If you theme a game after the latest three SW movies you don't get that nostalgic Gen X/Boomer money that's so crucial to pinball sales. And at that point you might as well go with a different blockbuster franchise like Fast & Furious, where at least your not competing against five or six existing machines with the same basic theme (but featuring the characters that your customer base loves, not the new ones that they're less jazzed about).

#6762 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Mod team, what is the maximum # of "bumps" one can have before the post is censured? Is this posted in the rules? "Not 10, but more than 5?" Not trying to be an arse, but can anyone refer me to the "Max # of bumps" Rule?

Have they ever allowed “bumps” of non-sale threads? Especially ones that are getting multiple posts a day anyways? I can’t remember seeing it before, but then again maybe it’s rarely tried since there’s little point in bumping a thread that’s already attracting attention.

#6829 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Michael Bloomberg?

What about him? He jumping into the pin business too? At least we know he’s got the cash for it.

1 week later
#6887 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I remember getting in on BHZA in the beginning. I even flew into Chicago and visited John and he showed me mind blowing things and art that would make any pin jealous. Then he took me/us for our money. IF deeproot gave me 2x my money with a 50% off coupon i would not touch this thing with a 10 foot poll. Nothing close to the hopes and dreams he had. The only good memory of the trip was meeting up with Gweempose.

Did you get the cash back from deeproot?

1 year later
#22299 2 years ago

I stopped following the deeproot threads a while back, so sorry if this has been covered, but are the people who will be left hanging if deeproot implodes all former JPop customers who took the deeproot credit offer to drop their claims against JPop? Or did deeproot somehow convince people to send in new money at some point over the past few years?

[EDIT: Just looked at the pre-order thread and saw that people were in fact giving deeproot pre-order money within the past year. WTF?]

#22304 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Some Zidware customers paid pre-order money on top of their store credit. Thats a Jpop double tap.
I don't want to name names though.

Too cold ...

#22347 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

You could have pulled a Lumberg and taken the helm and said John, i'm gonna go ahead and take it from here. Jpop will give creative input but must shut up. You undervalued your own worth and ceded control to to him. Jpop is not everyones punching bag.

So in your little fantasy here Ben should have volunteered to play Lumberg? Who'd sign up for that? And didn't that movie end with the office going up in smoke, along with all the stolen money? That seems to be precisely where we find ourselves, and no Lumberg required!

Quoted from Yoreland:

I paid in full for Raza. I don't blame John. I honestly don't blame anyone.

And I'm sure you'll be first to receive a call for his next exciting venture!

#22349 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

I would love to work with J pop.

By all means drop him a line! I'm guessing JPop's got some time on his hands these days and would love an intern who's demonstrated that he won't raise a fuss if the checks don't clear (or never arrive in the first place).

Quoted from Yoreland:

Ben is trolling like an obsessed fan who never got a love letter back.

Meh, Ben had to put up with this bozo longer than most of us could tolerate, and ended up with his name and face plastered on a vaporware game that many people lost many thousands of dollars on. I don't see the harm in him speaking his mind now that the JPop dumpster fire appears to have reignited.

#22369 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It began a couple of months ago during a Happy Hour binge.

Another tall tale out of Texas?

#22629 2 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

outside of you appearing to be spruiking for a job I have NFI what your posts have been about

Thumbs up for “spruiking,” had to Google that one.

#22761 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Hyperbole? I thought you said "whammy" was the biggest word you knew?

He said that, but it was just hyperbole.

#23026 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As bad as it looks for Robert he didn’t set out looking to steal $58 million. At least I don’t believe that

So which wedding (or divorce) funded with investor money would you pinpoint as the moment he stepped over the line?

#23672 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Nice flex. Was this before or after you silenced people for sounding alarm bells for this and other criminal manufacturers?

Who was silenced, and when?

#23738 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Rascal H is a one-issue, one-agenda voter.
Hint: Kaneda.

I know. But I figured I’d give him the benefit of the doubt. Plus everyone knows that the only “alarm bells” Kaneda was banned for sounding are the ones that go off when you create multiple fake Pinside accounts.

#23897 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I seriously doubt he does any time

Maybe not, but if he dares to show up at a pin auction you can bet someone will take a picture of his back and post it on Pinside.

#23969 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

JPop alleged that it was his wife who had all the money in the family

A story heard in many a pinball transaction -- "I'll have to check with the wife before I pay up."

#23979 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I did some land surveying inside a women’s prison as a college intern.

Ahem.

#24008 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He’s not a bad person. He just did a bad thing.

I'm also a fan of Yelo's -- did he do something other than gamble a bunch of cash (and maintain unwavering confidence right to the end that the games would ship) that would push this from "bad investment" to "bad thing"?

#24040 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

How common is it for a plaintiff to just rip and run a guy down like this in a petition?

This reads like the work of Lexicon, Nomenclator & Thesurus.

#24252 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The five stages of FOMO

Needs more stages!

#24255 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

The War And Peace of pinball.

Quoted from Doctor6:

Which, ironically was about rich people pretending they had money but then didn't.

I thought it was about Russians and their undying love for obscure nick-names. JPop and Blobert would fit right in.

#24326 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

How does he exit this with any viable path to raise additional funds from investors or bring his reputation back to a point in which he could reasonably operate his businesses. Isn’t the best case scenario that he dodges a few bullets and withers away.

If JPop is any indication, he'll have to work harder if he wants to scare away pinball money.

#24339 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

The teacher directing….

Pants.gifPants.gif
#24606 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Hey brother just thought you might enjoy the end wall!

Do the drapes match the carpet?

#24873 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Dude I’m fully aware of myself.

950CF27A-B6E6-4F7E-ACDE-4A840FD2351F (resized).jpeg950CF27A-B6E6-4F7E-ACDE-4A840FD2351F (resized).jpeg
#25012 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

studying for my PE exam

67B952DB-9978-499C-9EE0-D6171C38049A (resized).jpeg67B952DB-9978-499C-9EE0-D6171C38049A (resized).jpeg
#25318 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hey, why am I Mr. Pink? Why can't we pick our own colors?

Tried it once, it doesn't work. You get four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Black.

#25403 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I’d be happy to buy you a couple celebratory cases of “shitty pension beer” once Robert’s in prison.

You should look into Canadian beer prices before you make that offer - brutal!

#25412 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

What is a PIA?

I prefer “PITA” myself. Easier to say.

#25648 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Do we think we will ever see another DeepRoot update or statement from RM or do we think this will now just play out in court and we will get all further updates there?

If RM is listening to his lawyers you won’t hear peep from him until any and all litigation is resolved (which will probably take years). RM is a loudmouth dumb dumb so it’s not impossible, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

#25666 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Inflammable and flammable have always meant close to the same thing (the difference being how it ignites). Non-flammable is the opposite of inflammable/flammable.

Right on. Though I wouldn't mind seeing "inflammable" retired for good. "Flammable" effectively means the same thing and is simpler and shorter. And "inflammable" just invites confusion with its "in" prefix that doesn't mean "not."

Plus, for obvious reasons, it might actually matter if someone confuses "inflammable" for "non-flammable." I doubt anyone's died or been badly burned as a result of screwing up "couldn't care less."

#25692 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Also there are slight difference being a Canadian, & the region I live in.

But you’re a broken man on a Halifax pier
The last of JPop’s privateers

#25698 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Fo sho. Very junior high up in this mo fo.

Never thought a Stan Rogers reference would put us over the line, but there you go.

#25733 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I dropped the extra B and so it's pronounced Bubblehead, but spelled with 1 less b.

You must have been a little bummed when Michael Bublé turned up a decade later. Of course you were well-positioned to seize control of his IRC fan club …

#25777 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm not required to be there but I just might fly to Chicago to witness that. Courtroom of the weird is now in session.

Will the judge be charmed by the fabled JPop charisma? Stay tuned!

#25805 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah more or less. If you want to be fancy, put a geotextile fabric down. Then weeds won't grow up in the gravel. It'll also help stop the gravel from going anywhere.

It's kind of awesome that this thread is now focused on Ben's driveway drainage, but a bit disappointing that you passed up the "deeproot" joke when discussing weed control.

1 week later
#25879 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

How much for renting two deeproot pins? (Just keeping this thread on topic.)

They're much easier to move, anyway.

#25889 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Guys, I made my RAZA model. Preorders start today.

Impressive foamcore work. PM sent.

#25907 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe he can try the "not combing your hair" defense as well!

The "Phil Spector" defense. It's not fool-proof.

#25941 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

We are at the "Eagles flying in ending" of Return of the King. We still have the Pajama Party Ending, the King coronation ending, back to the Shire Ending, Sam's Wedding Ending, Bilbo and Frodo's boat to elf heaven ending...

Woah woah, leave LOTR out of this. That project had far too much quality and integrity to have even metaphorical applicability here. "Dude, Where's My Car?" would probably be more on-point.

#25947 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I want to be the "SONY OF THE WEST".
-RM

Handshake.gifHandshake.gif
#25990 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Your cat is looking chunky. Is he on the Jpop diet?

Don’t fat-shame Ben’s cat. He’s entitled to his Kittychinos. Though I believe cats are also unshamable, so in that regard similar to JPop.

AF1504E2-61E2-4A3C-81BE-4EDDDF1CD74C (resized).jpegAF1504E2-61E2-4A3C-81BE-4EDDDF1CD74C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#26151 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Guessing he used Zidware as a way to avoid storage unit fees?

And there it is. The whole mess was just a scheme by JPop to keep his junk out of the rain rent-free.

#26201 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Some of those refunds likely were pulled back by the credit card companies further down the line in the review process.

What basis would there be to pull back the refunds? Games ordered and not delivered seems straightforward, so long as you’re within the card’s chargeback window.

#26212 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I think he's referring to you downvoting folks for what appears to be their use of curse words, regardless of the points they're trying to make.

10FADDD3-1502-4AB8-BF66-1EF331D18F71.gif10FADDD3-1502-4AB8-BF66-1EF331D18F71.gif
#26253 2 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

Downvotes? Occasionally. I give at least 20X as many upvotes as downvotes.

For what it’s worth, I find the downvotes for foul language charmingly quaint and take no offense whatsoever. Plus it’s like a fun little Easter egg for people to decode the pattern. Carry on!

2 weeks later
#26454 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I want some of what you're smoking

Spoiler alert … it’s opium.

1 week later
#26620 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Look how perfectly this would fit the PinBar.

This remains one of the great exchanges in Pinside history. Good God, that man is a moron.

#26646 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wear it in public and normies might mistake you for a butt plug salesman.

A real conversation starter!

#26701 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

No pay-um, no stay-um.

Is that Shakespeare or Dickens?

#26802 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

He also gets $20,000 from now until February 13, 2022 for his criminal defense

If he’s got a good (and therefore expensive) lawyer that won’t go too far. Maybe they take a few weeks off over the holidays?

#26966 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I miss cooking on them. Back when I was 20 and working in restaurants.

I hear now's a great time to be looking for work in the food-service sector. They could probably have you in an apron and hairnet by noon tomorrow.

#27047 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

What’s with “Recovable” Trust being on there twice? Should that not say “Revocable?” Why do I care? Help!

You may have a future career as a paralegal!

#27116 2 years ago

It's a petty point, but you've got to love a "legal" letter that uses the phrase "From here on out, you shall avoid ..."

incompetent (resized).pngincompetent (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.