• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2455 5 years ago

Kanedacast

3 weeks later
#2572 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

someone posted a link to deeproot's patent for a pinball cabinet on deadflip stream the other night. im for innovation, but im also for JUST MAKING A PINBALL MACHINE.[quoted image]

This reminds me an awful lot of Heighway Pinball design.
Look at the backbox and the cartridge for the glass.
I going out on a limb and calling BS that this has anything to do with Deeproot.

#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

it is deeproot, their name is on the patent of the full pdf.

Guess I got that one wrong (Please don't mention this to my wife )

4 months later
#4715 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The TNA playfield issue was quickly resolved by Spooky and Charlie owned up to it. So far ACNC's playfields are only getting the highest of compliments.
Which tells me if they can figure it out, then so should the big boys.

Too bad for those poor suckers that got the affected TNA playfields. The problem may be solved going forward but they are still left with affected playfields.

2 months later
#6393 4 years ago

^^^

3 months later
#8036 4 years ago

Two Turtle Doves

1 week later
#8060 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#8289 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

we have bigly themes

ROTFL

5 months later
#10549 3 years ago

That backbox is pretty cool and probably very easy to update for a different title.

#10567 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

So is a translite.

Except swapping a translite doesn't change the side stickers.

#10578 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Agreed. All of this looks like change for the sake of change.

Today it is a wrap around translite. What about a couple years down the road when flexible screens are all the rage and we have a backbox with a complete wraparound screen? That would be fnosm.

#10584 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Completely agree with you there. As paper-esque displays get more and more affordable, you'll definitely see it. We're already getting into that territory with art blades.

Good call. I dig those lighted blades.

#10627 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK now that the pointing and laughing is starting to subside lets get into pointless tech speculation:
I guess that lockdown bar/rails/glass come up in one piece like on Fireball '72? Or is that hulking monstrosity of a lockdown bar/touch screen separate?

Definitely looks like a cassette just like Full Throttle.

#10966 3 years ago

Pinbar has potential I can't wait to see it. But they need to seriously round those corners.

#10970 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Having non physical buttons on a pinball machine seems like a really bad idea. In the pic it looks like you have to touch the touchbar screen to turn on "magna save". How are you supposed to do this without having to physically look at the bar? I'm surprised with the number of experienced pinball designers and players that stuff like this was able to get through.

It looks like there is a very generous area of the touch screen devoted to activating the magna save. It would be hard for your thumb to miss it with your hand in standard playing position.

#11189 3 years ago

I gotta say:
more pinball > less pinball
more ideas > less ideas
untried ideas that succeed = 0
Just like JJP & P3 Multimorphic 10 years ago (give or take) I am stoked to see a company that is trying out new ideas.
This company is aiming for the stars not just trying to copy every other company in the business.
Without companies like JJP, P3 Multimorphic and Deeproot we would still be playing the same old tech.

Who knows which will succeed and which will fall by the wayside?
There is a ton of stuff here for us to guess and BS about. How awesome is that?

Let's give deeproot time to work out the bugs and realize their visions to the best of their abilities.
And if you only have something negative to contribute be grateful that so many spent so much of their resources to build your soapbox.

#11202 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do any of you guys really find the service buttons on your pinball machines to be "very difficult to use for simple testing, maintenance, or tasks?" I agree opening a door and using buttons can be pretty difficult if you don't have any hands, and the Pinbar (TM) will help out there as you can use your tongue or penis instead, but I just don't see this as a huge improvement when it comes to ease of use.
Reminds me of those "as seen on tv" ads where someone can't use a basic onion peeler without losing a finger or setting their kitchen on fire.

Sure it works, but just because it works doesn't mean it shouldn't be improved.
Anyone that has used the JJP sevice menu v. the standard service menu (back then) knows this was a big improvement. And what about the old 3 button setup? 4 buttons were a godsend/luxury once upon a time.

#11382 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I think it’s a great idea to implement connectivity of a cell phone with a pinball if implemented correctly. Why not use tech that can connect with zero hardware costs to a game. I feel DI integration was poor as to what it allowed you to do...nobody wants to flip flippers using the phone.
The possibilities of connecting your phone as a extra display is pretty cool idea IMO. I could see a Rudy type video character taunting you as you played displayed on your phone near your flippers or wherever else you set your phone. A countdown timer could be integrated in intense situations. A display near the flippers or off the back box that can be used to convey info to the player, not so much to the spectators. I have lots of other interactive ideas you could do with it but I feel the extra display abilities would be it’s best feature.

First time I have thought that connectivity could be a good idea. Excellent suggestions!

#11384 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Other than the PinBar I don't see anything new here that isn't purely cosmetic.

Don't forget that Steve Jobs is hearlded as a genius for making computers in a color other than tan.

#11385 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I see Stern games outselling JJP because Stern games have more interesting rules and shots. Wonkas aren't exactly flying out the door... meanwhile Stern can barely make enough JP Prems and TMNTs and Avengers to satisfy demand.
Bling doesn't always mean better.

I always assumed that Sterns outsold JJP because they come out with multiple titles a year and they are half the price. Titles like Mustang, WWF, BK and I am sure there are others in the past couple of years were probably only sold in JJP #'s.

#11390 3 years ago

Most if not all of the coders at my shop prefer apples. Being a pc guy myself I always find this interesting.

#11396 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

1) Get rid of wires.

+1

There has got to be a better way to power spotlights.

#11413 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I heard a boomer summoning?!
How may I assist you?

ROTFL

#11536 3 years ago

The virtual pin company has that vertical cab with pointyish corners. Resting your palms where they need to go in order to use the flipper buttons is unpleasant. In fact it kept me from buying one.

#11559 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Jesus man. You haven't seen anything but a poorly designed black and white text image of a movie quote and you are like "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!". Ok, I am taking preorders on several games for 2021. Amazing licenses with even more amazing movie quotes! Fuck it, I am going to take it one step further and promise these games by end of year. Take that deeproot![quoted image]

Rocky Horror?

1 month later
#13091 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Cuphead would make an excellent pin.

Just in case you haven't seen this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cuphead-home-brew-pinball

1 month later
#14163 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

According to FB, Robert and I are exactly the same age. Same birth day, same year. That's... weird.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Its funny how they are never in the same room at the same time.
N'est-ce Pas?

#14357 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If they are announcing game #2, then getting game #1 out the door and into peoples hands is just a formality.

You slay me.

1 week later
#14838 3 years ago

Who in their right mind would sign that document before laying out big $?
Well if you are buying a ride to the ISS maybe but this is a consumer good not bleeding edge adventure travel.

2 years later
#33134 5 months ago

Interesting that TP hasn't come out saying MPC isn't TP.

3 weeks later
#33245 4 months ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

I'm very suspicious and curious about what Turner claims he is patenting about a "Removeable Backbox". Does anyone else know of any prior game considered a removable backbox to conflict with this? By default any backbox can be removed, but I'm curious what exact invention you guys think he might be able to patent(?)

Any chance 'removable backbox' means it isn't needed to play the game?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=fnosm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.