Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2804 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That is a very wide aspect ratio!

Makes me think color dmd size screen like the LCDs on MBR or AFMr

#2843 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's really interesting to see a reaction like this. What is it about it that strikes you so much, out of curiosity?

I’m curious too. I found the video to be ok. Nothing amazing though or unique.

#2931 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBEAVR:

Or a cartoon monkey touching someone's butt.

I think the makers of that pinball were more offended at the monkey touching someone's butt than any customer that saw it.

1 week later
#3235 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looks like DR is planning on "delivery" starting by June 30.
I just received the "Goodwill Agreement".
"By the delivery date, DR will offer at least three different titles....."
It looks like the standard pricing on these games is going to be $5k
Very nice!
And we will have the ability to tour the factory to play and select games.

Not sure if serious

#3240 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf is not serious about it? Whether DR will deliver?

I’ll be shocked if DR announces a ready to ship pin by June 30. That’s what I was referring to.

#3242 4 years ago

Like when they said they’d ship more pins than all other manufacturers combined in 2019? :p

#3249 4 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

Tough but still feasible. All they have to do is ship 1 unit each of 12 different titles.
Robert says that would put a dent in the backlog of whitewoods but not deplete it.

The whole industry has shipped more than 12 pins. :p The way they worded it was both more unique pins AND more total pins. I just don’t think they can reach that. That’s a tough ask for any manufacturer much less a startup.

#3250 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does it matter to you? Good lord dude, you are like the guy assuming the position with a football.
You have been here for less than a year and post like a ..... so check yourself

Nice ad hominem. I’m sorry I don’t have enough “pinside street cred” to have an opinion.

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is there something wrong with you? It's non stop and you have NOTHING to do with Deeproot.

Nonstop what? This is literally the first thing I’ve ever said negative about deeproot, and you attacked me personally for some reason. It’s like you mistook me for someone else.

Also, just because I didn’t get screwed by jpop, this means I’m not allowed to have an opinion about deeproot?

#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You post non stop in about every thread re JJP and Stern and waded over here. And you don't have the experience with DR or Jpop to post an educated opinion. That's my opinon.

So you’re upset that I... post a lot on the forum? That’s what people do on forums. Post and discuss things with other people. I am also an editor here on pinside and make key posts when I see them so I read through a lot of threads even if I don’t post. I’ve been following the deeproot thread for a while. I like many manufacturers and post in many threads. Stern, JJP, CGC, spooky, AP, b/w, data east, other old pins, etc.

#3256 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok great.
You just have no clue re the history of Jpop and now DR. It shows in your snarky bs posts

I’ve read the entire history. It’s all over the place. Anyone can read all about it.

#3307 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I get what you are saying, but for a lot of us deeproot matters now and gives a lot of people a chance to be made whole from the Jpop fiasco, a huge Goodwill gesture on their part....
And hopefully pinball gets a new company with some great new innovative pins!
btw, my apologies to f3honda4me for hammering you unnecessarily

Sorry I pushed your buttons. Hopefully we get some good news from deeproot soon!

3 weeks later
#3429 4 years ago

Couldn't help but think of this haha.

OrdinaryDigitalCatbird-small.gifOrdinaryDigitalCatbird-small.gif
#3499 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

You mean like a GB that won’t turn on half the time, the two brand new premium Batman 66’s I bought that are already more dimpled than the moon and with broken mechs already, a Hobbit that’s been dead for months, a Dialed In with constant sound and rebooting problems, and a TNA with so many problems that it has kept my eningeers from engineering on deeproot stuff? Playing and maintaining a deeproot game is pretty refreshing for me thus far...
— Robert dT

What are you doing to your pinball machines that every single one has major problems. Or if you're inferring this is the norm, it's amazing how many people spend money on buying machines that never work.

#3505 4 years ago

I was rooting for deeproot until he decided to insult every other manufacturer, and I love the pins many of them make. We all own pins from these manufacturers. So to insult those pins and manufacturers also is an insult to us, your potential customers. There is room for more pins to love, but to look down your nose at everyone else is off putting.

#3618 4 years ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

Did anyone else see this in their logo?[quoted image][quoted image]

Wait, is the logo NOT meant to be a weird bird head? I thought it was a bird as soon as I saw it and couldn't figure out why the bird.

2 weeks later
#3775 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hello all! So their has been some discussion on the deeproot article after the tour, and your of course open to you’re opinion on it! There up to quite a bit they’re to, definitely peeked my interest. Planning on an article to be released on TWIP in the next couple weaks!

A2AFA653-4FF4-496B-B8D9-C5E8864BE8CA.gifA2AFA653-4FF4-496B-B8D9-C5E8864BE8CA.gif
#3823 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image][quoted image]

What's with the weird Ariel haircut with the massively high bangs? And only one ear but two red things on the same side of the head.

4 months later
#6047 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Is there maybe a Pinside "Editor" around whom can add all the vids as "Key Posts"? .... starting with the post Zach made #5771 on page 116.

I’ll make some key posts

Edit: vireland beat me to it

1 month later
#6946 4 years ago

What better way to create fake demand than hold an invitation only event nobody really wants to go to anyways. :p

1 week later
#7029 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So I've talked in length with an employee at DR who left a very good position to take a job with DR. I had genuine concerns for this person. This person has been employed with DR for approximately 18 months and through my conversations, I always ask them do they still feel confident in the move they made and the brand, and without hesitation they have answered every time with "without a doubt". So, something is happening behind those walls that has to be promising enough to keep this team intact that includes some prominent figures in the pinball industry.

Or they drank the koolaid.

8 months later
#10136 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Lets be honest, the 11am release time came from Kaneda not deeproot.

Except they had the countdown on their live stream...

#10140 3 years ago

Their stream counted down and they just turned off the stream 5 minutes after it hit 0.

#10206 3 years ago

Have we seen anything official from deeproot saying launch is delayed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.