View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3432 4 years ago

I hope Deeproot knocks its out of the park. It would be great for the pinball community as a whole.

#3441 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'd like to say and feel that I'm excited, but this feels like a worse and longer tease than trying to date an Amish woman.
I guess at least the pastries would turn out well in the end.

Not if you meet her during Rumspringa.

#3548 4 years ago

Taking into account the bravado of Deeproot I would say we will see something really great or absolutely nothing. No middle ground IMO.

#3591 4 years ago

I don’t care if Satan himself starts a pinball company. If the machines he makes are good quality, priced right and fun to play I will be in. The more quality competition in pinball the better the overall product will become.

C8976855-AA0C-4B3B-9702-32CF84E7BDAA (resized).jpegC8976855-AA0C-4B3B-9702-32CF84E7BDAA (resized).jpeg
#3636 4 years ago

And so the countdown to Deeproot begins again........in the meantime enjoy the video.

2 weeks later
#3745 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

How exactly would deeproot Capital Management benefit from if they fail? How do "sleazy accountants" make this work?

#3828 4 years ago

How about a picture of a mech. Just a little sneak peak.......

1 week later
#4036 4 years ago

If Deeproot could just step up the build quality of current machines that would be a great marketing tool to use against the other manufacturers. It would give DP a good push forward on sales IMO and probably make the other manufactures tighten up their quality issues. One can hope.....

#4039 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Have you played a JJP ?

Yes. I think JJP are the most ambitious machines we have. Question is are they being executed to a high level in quality/reliability. I would say sort of and they could be much better in that department. I think manufacturers can achieve 90;s B/W quality/reliability with JJP’s ambition.

#4047 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

HaHaHaHa.
Most people here never uncrated a NIB Williams pin from their DMD era, or even before or after.
I have.
Why would you want Jersey Jack Pinball, Stern, American Pinball, Spooky Pinball, to lower their standards and match the problems and issues of a by gone era ?
LTG : )

Well in the materials used department I will take the 90,s B/W all day long. Better wood, better metals,better plastics and better clearcoat for starters. And since this is a game of physics played with a steel ball I would say materials used matter. A pin made with stronger more durable materials will hold up better than one with lesser materials. I think the mechs where better with B/W also. I am not one to get distracted by a shiny LCD screen on the back glass. I mainly look down when playing pinball. So advances in the back glass dept mean much less to me than what is on the PF. IMO the standard for the back glass area has gone up as the standard for the PF area has gone down. Which area of the pin is more important? I have my opinion and I respect the opinions of others. Guess it just comes down to what each person is looking to get out of their pin.

1 week later
#4112 4 years ago

I’ll take a picture of the plunger at this point.....

1 month later
#4527 4 years ago

I saw 40 new post and I.......I thought something new was announced.....and.........and.......I........oh **** it.

#4577 4 years ago

Deeproot what ever you do make sure your PF’s are good. Otherwise you may be dead on arrival.

#4594 4 years ago

I,m sure DP is still lurking......

#4650 4 years ago

With all the quality issues with pins lately the door is certainly open for Deeproot to make a splash. Make a super solid pin with great quality and use that fact against your competitors.

#4652 4 years ago

Seems to me quality has taken a nosedive the last few years. And now the clearcoat issue which is a huge. Like I said.....door is open for someone.

1 week later
#4746 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Not this again. Every playfield dimples. Steel balls are harder than a wooden playfield.

Wait........did Steve Richie tell you this?

#4801 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I just want to chime in and ask where the f@ck where you guys hiding when I was fighting this dimple battle in the other threads? Well better late than never...pfft

They had to have a second major playfield issue with modern pins to accept that the manufacturers would ACTUALLY lie to them. Like you said better late than never.

1 week later
#4919 4 years ago

15 new post in one day......must mean...yes....yesss.........................oh crap

1 week later
#5041 4 years ago

As a consumer I hope Deeproot knocks it out of the park. It’s really just that pinball dream......

1 month later
#5289 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Wow, you sold out for a mere 5 translites? Sad.

That’s a little nugget of Pinside gold right there. Hilarious....

2 weeks later
#6533 4 years ago

Truth is that if most or all the manufacturers say they hate Pinside or it is useless then Pinsiders are doing exactly what they should be doing. These manufacturers hate Pinside because the pressure it puts on them makes them improve their product. What that means to the manufacturers is Pinside is cutting into their profits. It is that simple. If all these manufacturers loved Pinside all that would mean is we were allowing them to make the cheapest most profitable machines. Their hate just tells me Pinside is serving it’s purpose as a great advocate for the pinball consumers. It is a badge of honor........

#6627 4 years ago

Who actually cares what the personality of the owner of DR is? I mean really. I only care about great pins being made. Regardless of who the hell is building them.

1 month later
#6962 4 years ago

I don’t care if DR is likable
I don’t care if DR bragged
I don’t care that DR is behind where they thought they would be
I only care that there is a new pin company that could possibly make quality machines with features and mechs like the 90s B/W. I am still excited with what DR could possibly do. I mean do we ever think a company like Stern is going to make machines like the 90s B/W? Maybe companies like Spooky or CGC will keep making better and better quality pins. Imagine a pin company starts making pins and people start comparing these new games with the greats of old. That company would just take off in the pin world. The appetite is certainly there for pins with the 90s features and quality. Question is will any company figure this out and actually pull it off. I for one hope so..........good luck Deeproot!

#7011 4 years ago

Patiently waiting for RAZA

0402790F-D43E-49CD-9A06-5FBFC708BE63 (resized).jpeg0402790F-D43E-49CD-9A06-5FBFC708BE63 (resized).jpeg
#7040 4 years ago

I literally don’t care if Deeproot holds people still employed at other pin companies at gunpoint to put out great machines. In the end the machines good or bad will be all that matters. We will know either way very soon.

#7065 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Really? Seems the exact opposite to me. When Stern was basically solo the pricing was virtually flat. Now with 5-10 new players the pricing is in no way headed Down.

Agreed. I am only looking for better build quality, more mechs/features and more assets. If I got that I could accept current pricing.

#7099 4 years ago

A lot of us are watching NFL football today. Most of the owners are rich A holes. Yet we still watch and love NFL football. The product is all that matters in the end to most. I try to take all emotion out of my monetary purchases. Quality....features....gameplay...art. Repeat.

#7123 4 years ago

It is starting to grow on me......

D2D75CF1-D2F3-43A2-AFEC-8A4A31A8AD28 (resized).jpegD2D75CF1-D2F3-43A2-AFEC-8A4A31A8AD28 (resized).jpegE083FA0E-5423-49E6-AB02-469558696193 (resized).pngE083FA0E-5423-49E6-AB02-469558696193 (resized).png025C8BFB-E688-4A5E-985D-2B2D1DA8BDFB (resized).png025C8BFB-E688-4A5E-985D-2B2D1DA8BDFB (resized).png
#7179 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That's a beauty all right. Have you tried hitting it with a sledge hammer yet? Maybe follow that up with the old jack hammer slammer. I heard it was indestructible.

Doesn’t have to be indestructible. Just has to be more durable than what Stern and CGC have been putting out lately. If DR can do that it will be a win in my book.

Bottom line is these pin companies should be trying to make an all around quality machine. Especially the most important piece of every pin. The playfield. I doubt if any of these other pin companies will ever make as many pins as Stern so if they were smart they would try to compete in other ways. Better quality, more features/mechs and more assets from copyright themes is how to take customers away from Stern IMO.

Competition can be a great driver of innovation and improving quality. We will have to see how things go the next few years.

#7206 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m the second one
But got the Shasta shaft!!

They are sending you on a free trip to Jersey to talk to Deeproots accounting dept. They thought you would be more interested in the 5 Days of Numbers package. On the upside they might have Fanta and chips/salsa.

#7209 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So..
I've been offered 2 machines for the money I lost with Zidware.
Never been asked to pay a dime at this point.
Got offered airfare, accommodations and passes to the TPF.
Not a bad deal so far.

So you will get a RAZA and if there are any other DR titles at the TPF you can choose one of those? Sounds like an exciting trip to me. Good luck with it.

#7233 4 years ago
E23925EE-C466-4905-AE36-A89FDB1B6D04 (resized).pngE23925EE-C466-4905-AE36-A89FDB1B6D04 (resized).png
4 weeks later
#7424 4 years ago

Just hoping for full featured quality games here...........

3 weeks later
#7747 4 years ago
2BF8C53B-F9F1-433C-A443-C0FB179343AE (resized).png2BF8C53B-F9F1-433C-A443-C0FB179343AE (resized).png
1 week later
#7881 4 years ago

I see the new Deeproot reveal happening during the summer where they will have 3-5 titles ready for purchase.

#7970 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

These virus’s start in China.Their marketplace is a combination market and slaughterhouse.Blood and virus’s from bats rats and civet cats oh my.Something in China needs to change call me a racist!

Seems like you need a bit more info on this subject. This virus and SARS started in the wet markets of China. MERS started from camels in the Middle East. Swine flu H1N1 started in the good old USA.

#7973 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

And here in the Netherlands I've never heard anyone day 'the American swine flu'. Even though a lot of you think that'd be ok, I don't think attaching a countries name to a desease is a good thing.

Though I agree attaching a countries name to a disease is not the best idea. I do believe it is fair to discuss how the wet markets like the ones in China are more likely to produce more Coronavirus outbreaks than anywhere else in the world. This should be addressed IMO.

#8029 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Can I still get my machines?

Better check if there are post apocalyptic terms in the paperwork Deeproot gave you......

#8031 4 years ago

Yes. What DR will do for you post apocalypse. I’m sure they will take care of you and maybe have more titles for you to choose from when the time comes.

2 weeks later
#8155 4 years ago

Well Ice couldn’t show his face in the actual COVID thread due to his early comments on the subject. Figured it would come out somewhere. But the DR thread?

1 week later
#8328 4 years ago
EC302AF0-D61F-4080-B119-5754C0B52F5A (resized).jpegEC302AF0-D61F-4080-B119-5754C0B52F5A (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#8681 3 years ago

I feel a Deeproot announcement any day now.

2 months later
#9324 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ballsy claims yet again. Hope they are true!

This brought me back out of hibernation. If one company makes a better playfield it will put pressure on all companies to make better playfields. A good thing if true.

203D59DB-ED61-4CEE-A83E-6335582DF887 (resized).jpeg203D59DB-ED61-4CEE-A83E-6335582DF887 (resized).jpeg
#9343 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

All my stern games are issue free also. Had some adjustments to make on IMDN and on NST but they the other than that my games have been rock solid.
If DP really raise the bar on playfield quality that's good news but until they prove themselves they can actually produce a game and produce it in volume I could go get a bit of wood from the hardware store and pummel the fuck out of it and get the same outcome!
Frankly the play field could be made out of freaking cheese, if the ball and flippers part of the gameplay is epic I'll buy it and learn how to repair cheese. deeproot loose if they think the fight is about playfield quality rather than gameplay.

First off there is really no fixing a bad quality playfield. High quality PF should be at the top of the list for every pin company. A lot of people now don’t want to own a Stern because of quality issues. Major quality issues. If you don’t think that is a big deal you are dead wrong. IMO a great pin to own needs to have a high quality PF. It is the foundation of every pin. Stern and others should not have got away with their poor quality but fanboys with no backbone said the quality was fine when it was crap. With less people going to arcades now and probably in the future pin quality could become even more important as pinball play and ownership could move to more home use. I will play someone else’s Stern but I wouldn’t own one with such poor quality. I want fun. Not a total headache.

#9383 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If your wanting a maintenance free hobby pinball is likely Not going to be for you. Based on your listed collection your doing great.

Not looking for a maintenance free hobby. For some great build quality/materials is important. Especially because we had better in the early 90’s. There is a big difference between needing to fix your pin due to normal wear and tear and having it constantly breaking down due to poor build quality/materials. You know that you just don’t want to think about it and harsh your pin buzz. I get it. I don’t have the ability to ignore obvious issues. Wish I could.

#9473 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ballsy claims yet again. Hope they are true!

FCDBD6FC-8607-4789-9556-590C678EB5B7 (resized).jpegFCDBD6FC-8607-4789-9556-590C678EB5B7 (resized).jpeg
#9509 3 years ago
Quoted from insx:

What is retro about RAZA?

Hopefully the quality.....

#9567 3 years ago
Quoted from DrFred:

Interesting strategy. Take a shot at Stern for saying they (Stern) dominate the pinball industry. Erm... they DO dominate the industry compared to deeproot. Stern has shipped tens of thousands of games, deeproot hasn't shipped one.
I actually like RAZA a lot from a product standpoint, but I no way would I ever send them a thin dime until they prove they can actually manufacture and ship a game.

IKEA dominates the furniture industry in sales. That means they make the best furniture?

#9835 3 years ago

Are we there yet mom.......

#10126 3 years ago

What happened

#10168 3 years ago

I thought Twitch was on the side of pinball players. Lame.

#10215 3 years ago

When I checked DR pinball FB earlier today and saw no official release info I thought hmmmm that’s strange considering there is a live stream going. I should have known.

#10378 3 years ago

DR should have just made a reskin of Adams Family and we would all have been happy...........3 years ago.

1 week later
#11913 3 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

So, um.... when does the next countdown begin? Or should we just continue to bicker amongst ourselves?

Countdown to Deeproot factory tour.......woohooo.

#12020 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It should be noted the glass isn't "standard" pinball size, so you'd still have to have a sheet custom made.
Likely the same with the greatest and most bestest revolution in pinball innovation ever, the PainBar (tm).

All you care about is variety due to your lifestyle. You could care less about quality, full assets and great mechs. Any home collector would be insane to take any advice from you on buying a pin.

1 week later
#12724 3 years ago

Well that’s about a rap I am afraid. Next pin startup in 3....2.....1

1 month later
#13298 3 years ago

Looks pretty darn good....

#13523 3 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

RAZA Xtra edition. No dimples. No “orange peel”. Power under right front of cab.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Super sexy machine right there. The arcade version looks great also. If they have rock solid playfields DR may have hope yet.

#13698 3 years ago

DEEPROOT LIVES!!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.