• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#792 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Mr. Brandes,
On January 31, 2017 Pintasia by and through its President Sabrina Wei entered into a certain Confidential Settlement & Release Agreement with Zidware, Inc. that became effective February 3, 2017. I have possession of the agreement because I am an excepted party to it. It is my understanding through counsel that Zidware satisfactorily performed under the terms of the agreement, and there have been no attempts by Pintasia to claim otherwise. That agreement had very strict confidentiality covenants in which you were a intended party and therefore required to keep them. You have made multiple comments on this public platform in violation of the confidential terms of the agreement, mischaracterizing confidential terms of the agreement, and dishonestly misrepresenting performance by the parties.
You are also in violation of several of the pre-requisites to qualify under the Goodwill Terms. Rather than tell you in private and have you dishonestly report the denial publicly...your Goodwill Terms claim is hereby denied. Your claim is the first, and I hope the last, claim we have to deal with in this fashion.
--Robert J. Mueller, Esq. dT

Why is your Logo a pinball up your Ass?
Dude, your not going to sell shit!
How can you function with waking up each morning claiming your starting a pinball company?
Whomever supports or backs this company is just throwing good money into more bad pinball.
Better off investing in an Hydrofoil.
So sad your Using Andrew as your mentor!

#830 5 years ago

Now im curious.
When will we see a game from this company?

1 month later
#880 5 years ago

9 months till TPF. Tick,Tock.

#888 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Tis true... At what point should we start panicking?
-- Robert dT

Truth- If its Jan 1st and nothing is flipping yet, then panic.

#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Probably because you can't afford to F up when you are spending millions of other people's $$$
Where is the "young new design talent" that understands pinball?
Probably making more $$ doing something else.

3 weeks later
#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

How can you not root deeply for these guys after the lovable Steve Bowden was hired!

How can we not want pinball to succeed?
I do, not going to buy it. But glad this Thunderbirds is getting close after 4 years.

#1134 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I am hoping DR's Houdini becomes Copperfield upon release. I hate always having to ask the manufactures name when just talking about a game.

Copperfield is expensive!

2 months later
#1620 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's a Dyson or a Kirby !
LTG : )

How about a Rainbow vac?

#1652 5 years ago

What's a Deeproot and how does it pertain to Pinball?
Patiently waiting for a reveal of AIW!

1 week later
#1826 5 years ago

I will reserve judgement till I see the pins, in boxs, in front of me. Jpop is an idiot and dont see his future at Deeproot lasting more than a couple years.

#1828 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Should be interesting and looking forward to TX show this year. While it would take huge pinballs and deep pockets I kind of understand the full court press releasing 4 or more pins at one time. While most releases from other OEM's have a "___"% of market interest to all, releasing say 5 drastically raises the probability of swallowing the lions share of interest across the board as they only need a buyer to like at least 1 title. With the statements about modular construction, (Assuming here) the recent new product category from Mirco with laminated cabinet art, (Assuming again) and the comment about hammer proof play fields it sounds like a laminate print over wood similar to the recent Mafia release expedited production would be possible at a reduced cost. All assumed but interesting. Also a guess but I would bet after the artistic jiberesh and designs are squeezed out of Jpops head and onto paper I suspect he will be tossed aside like a used coil sleeve. As they are building this story and infrastructure with their own funds it is looking rather plausible now unlike the many pinball panzie schemers of the past. Should be interesting and no doubt a TX show not to miss.

The company might get 4 or 5 pins to the show. But release and ship is ambitious. Sure, I can show 5 games, but playable by March?
There will not be 5 different Oktoberfest's to play.

3 months later
#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Who actually owns the BTTF license anyway? Disney?

Universal Pictures/Amblin Spielberg.
And Micheal J Fox would still never sign over release of his rights, and Christopher Lloyd has also expressed no interest.

1 month later
#2457 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

For those unfamiliar with deeproot Pinball, here is a timeline for the company:
Early 2015
deeproot Tech starts its pinball division – deeproot Pinball. They contact several pinball designers and manufacturers.
Summer 2015
The deeproot team decides to shelve the pinball project until a later date.
October 2016
deeproot begins implementing their internal plan of action to start down the road to become a pinball manufacturer.
Late 2016 – 2017
deeproot begins reaching out to several pinball designers. After spending significant time weighing pros and cons, deeproot decides that pinball designer John Popadiuk (“JPop”) is the best option available. They decided this knowing there would be backlash from some in the pinball community, and knowing they would need to address John’s past mistakes with Zidware.
June 2017
deeproot begins to move forward with their plan to deal with JPop’s past and provide help to Zidware customers.
Early September 2017
Plaintiffs of the lawsuit and deeproot agree to terms on a settlement. This settlement with the Plaintiffs will be essentially the same for all other former customers of Zidware. (Details of the settlement will be revealed soon.)
September 14th, 2017
It is discovered on deeproot’s website that John Popadiuk is part of their team with the title Lead Game Development. Confidential terms of the settlement are leaked to podcasters and others in the pinball community. A thread is started on Pinside.com to inform many in the pinball community that JPop has resurfaced and is working with deeproot Pinball. Notably, Jeremy Packer (aka Zombie Yeti) makes a post which includes: “I have been asked to sign over all copyrights free and clear as if I was fully compensated. I simply refuse.” Podcasters, most notably Chris Kooluris of Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast, released podcasts with harsh criticism of deeproot. All of this, of course, caused severe negative reaction to deeproot since John Popadiuk still owed many Zidware customers refunds or machines.
September 18th, 2017
This Week in Pinball speaks to Robert Mueller, the man behind deeproot Tech, and posts “A Conversation with Deeproot“. Robert shares:
- deeproot plans to make Zidware customers whole
- Robert: “Jpop is someone that needs to be managed”
- deeproot does not plan to take any pre-order money or deposits for their machines
- deeproot may change the title or tweak the layout of John’s already designed games
- Robert believes he can build machines in a different and better way than other manufacturers are doing currently
- deeproot hopes to make a public announcement in the coming weeks, then go dark for a long time until everything is ready
October 13th, 2017
deeproot retracts its settlement offer to the Plaintiffs for reasons that will be disclosed at a later date.
October 21st, 2017
Robert Mueller and Jeremy Packer (Zombie Yeti) speak for the first time. Jeremy verbally agrees to sign over the rights to the games in exchange for undisclosed consideration.

Post #10 page 1....
Maybe these "5 days of deeproot" is like a biblical thing, each day is a year?
Games coming by 2020 TPF

3 weeks later
#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

someone posted a link to deeproot's patent for a pinball cabinet on deadflip stream the other night. im for innovation, but im also for JUST MAKING A PINBALL MACHINE.[quoted image]

That cant be real? Is that....??
What the hell telescopes out?

#2605 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This has been an unwanted and poorly
Received feature whenever it’s been tried. Making a game “swap friendly” has sold exactly
Zero extra pinball games in history.

Swappable is indeed the dumbest idea ever....Again.

2 weeks later
#3108 4 years ago

I waited, 350 posts later with flame and all you guys got is a video of Raza?

1 month later
#3461 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

June 28, 2019

By June 28th, we will provide Zidware claimants who i) filed and perfected a claim ii) within the prescribed time, and iii) signed/returned the Goodwill Agreements a choice between extending the delivery date or receiving monetary benefits as outlined in each’s agreement. All other claimants' claims or vendors' claims will thereinafter be rejected. That is the finale and extent of our self-imposed, voluntary goodwill to deal with the Zidware situation.

TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN.......

1 week later
#3673 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

BTW, I hate flying through Dallas!

Worst Airport on planet. I think it holds my record for taxing to gate after landing, miles. And my longest gate transfer every, 2 terminals and trams and miles of walking.

#3683 4 years ago

Same ol', same ol'.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

2 month old article that was already posted here by the author himself and noone notices but uses the oppotunity to post the same answer as every other tine ...

Old News, nothing new to see here.

1 week later
#3870 4 years ago

I hope the DR game is close to this Zidware layout.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I kinda think thats ugly as clown puke.

#3893 4 years ago

Ahh, the Five years of Deeproot, still waiting.
I still think it's a horrible name for a pinball company.

4 months later
#5311 4 years ago

Will see what next Monday brings.
News, info, pics. Then we can bitch about that.
Im waiting for Alice. No intrest in zombies.
Theme sounds outdated at this point.

1 month later
#7019 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I hear they poached JJP's animation guy?

Jean Paul? God No,I hope not.

#7031 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

K just retracted this on Facebook. Was never true.
[quoted image]

Of course not, it came from K-rumor broadcast.
Of which about 70% is conjecture and rumor.

2 months later
#7931 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes and no.
Of course it affects the Deeproot reveal, but it'll affect them (and the others) after that as well.
I srsly hope for DR to have some breath left, because I assume business as a whole will slow down for a while, since a lot of people have other things to take care of now.

For sure- Many, Many wont be Buying NIB for awhile.

3 weeks later
#8240 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

LOL you're kidding right!?

Was my same thought.

#8260 3 years ago

At this point Deeproot is in Deepshit.Dug themselves a deephole with delays do to arrogance and poor marketing.
Logo and name along showed that they didn't have the pulse of pinball in the 21st century.
Now Nordman skips town as a tell tale of a company similar to Highway pinball. When the money is gone, so is Dennis.

1 week later
#8405 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Saw a Game Plan Foxy Lady cocktail game yesterday that might make a good replacement for the patio table I have in my garage.

Don't, I've had 2, its a horrible game. Lol

1 week later
#8422 3 years ago

Deeproot are now officially the catfish.
Bottom feeder in the pond.
Going to be hard enough to keep the big 3 open and going over the next 18 month.
NIB pinball going to take a massive hit.
Regardless of everyone's hopes, the fears are more the reality.
Location play, taking a serious hit. Quarter drop for location will take a bit, possibly 2 years to come back to normal. Those quarters buy new pins.
Average consumer just isnt going to have excess money for a luxury hobby. Yacht and diamond sales will be down to.
RAZA is a blah game. Not bad, not a hit. Sales will be under 300.
Europe, not buying games for at least 3-5 years. Much worse across pond with smaller population and less money.
It just couldn't be a worse time to be a pinball company making machines.
Just ask Jersey Jack.

1 month later
#8524 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Should have gotten your $$$ when you had the chance. DR is in deepshit.

Always take the money back when you can, always.

#8526 3 years ago
Quoted from tech25:

whats the latest on this company??? damn..stern is destroying them. TMNT is coming out. how many more pins before they do anything??
Are they going belly up??

Id say they will go belly up even if they manage to get out a few titles.
But, this is a guess. But, 8 ball says most likely.

#8544 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Sir, I'm going to need to see your law license and proof of malpractice insurance"

Only 2 years law. It was boring. Helps in real life from time to time.
Always take the money over promises.
It really is a good moto to live by Ben.

#8560 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man it doesn’t take much to get people back into “holy shit take
My money!” Mode does it?

How soon they forget.
I will be more than happy to get a Deeproot pin when the time is right.
For me, thats when there an established company and have been around for at least 3 years. This way I know there is more substance than past talk. Reliable track record. Have made at least 2000 pins. They show that they have reliable customer service.
The list is actually endless. They have a lot to prove and live up to. I wish them luck, I really do. Im just not so optimistic at this point.

2 weeks later
#8647 3 years ago

See....you have to have faith.

Faith in Deeproot, thats roll over funny.
Cue the George Michael song.....

1 week later
#8677 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Has DeepRoot set another fate for their games? I have not followed close to the thread and the one date I know was 6/2019. They show a raza and after that I don't know much .

Thats All, your up to date.
Texas may be under some lockdowns by Monday.

Quoted from okgrak:

The most entertaining aspect of this story is going to be when deeproot blames Covid-19 for their eventual demise.

So your right here.

2 weeks later
#8760 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So it's been over three and half years...
Even Gene Cunningham managed to build a pinball machine in less amount of time...

At least Gene gave updates every once in awhile during process.

#8763 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And missed EVERY one lol.

That F'n really made me laugh. So true, just like Andrew Highway. But Gene had the game in the end for $4500.

1 week later
#8794 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Makes you wonder what really is going on under that roof.....

Robert is still sorting springs and wondering what this coil goes too.

#8817 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Fun fact: All 5 extensions go to Robert's office phone.

Should we all start leaving messages?

3 weeks later
#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does anyone really expect anything at this point?
It will be a bonus in my mind if it happens
For the sake of everybody, employees, investors, etc I hope it happens
The continuous overhead cash burn with nothing coming in isn’t a business model one would have confidence in.....for several years now
You have to wonder what the employees are thinking?
If they can’t start shipping ONE game by September after showing Raza last year and spending all that money to get to here then maybe they ought to pay Spooky or Gerry from Multimorphic to come in and get it done

If Deeproot was on the Nasdaq they would be de-listed and investigated for fraud by now.

#8931 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No.
Why would they? They‘re exactly as succesfull as when they got listed in your imagination.

Deeplorable!

#8986 3 years ago

September is in 12 days.....
Goodluck.

#9038 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Showing a pinball and shipping it to customers are 2 separate challenges. It would have been interesting had the TPF debut happened because it would have started another clock.

At this rate there will not be a TPF in March 2021....so what then?
Time to stop using pandemic as a cause to delay anything.
My bet is that the only thing to show or reveal is code update to RAZA and some new animations.
Meanwhile they may be trying to get 30-50 machines built because that's all there going to sell of this title.

#9052 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Deeproot have battery powered pinballs?

Why can't Elon Musk make pinballs??
I would buy an awesome SpaceX machine.

1 week later
#9241 3 years ago

Is it just me.....?
Everytime I see his name....jpop,
I read it as J-poop.

1 week later
#9476 3 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

What chance is there that they make their pinball cabinet so it works like the patent they took out 2 years ago?
https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2018183948A1/en?assignee=Deeproot+Capital+Management%2c+Llc

0%, but here comes 3 pages of cabinet talk.

1 week later
#9788 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can assure you, all of your wildest pinball fantasies are about to come true.

Really Levi?....
I can go down a pretty dark hole here.

#10903 3 years ago

Almost 15 pages of shit show....wow.
You mean to tell me there is no assembly line?!!
And what everyone has forgotten....its just RAZA, old news.

#11518 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

WARNING: Adult Language - Viewer Discretion Advised
TPN’s Zach spoke with deeproot Correspondent & VIP Media, Chris Chandler, about his experiences touring the deeproot facilities.
HUGE credit given to Chandler on this broadcast. Zach didn’t take it easy on him and asked the questions that needed to be asked. Chandler was not fazed and proved why he’s one of the best that TPN has to offer.
Thanks for representing The Pinball Network at the deeproot media event last week.

oh jeez- 2 Hours of podcast. Can I get the cliff notes Quibi version?

#11535 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Maybe Pinside players have weak hands? I do wonder how people use tables and countertops if they fear normal edges and corners will bloody them.

I was (pre-covid) in 3 pinball leagues.
We had 2 guys that always whore those finger cut-off gloves.
Never got that....your that intense of player?

#11537 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The Who machine sounds interesting, bands journey to find the pinball wizard?
Would this be the first adventure/story based rock band pin?
The Who are one of my favorite bands, could be good!

No, it wont be the first.
See JJP thread for details.

#11539 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If their hands sweat like mine, gloves can help maintain a grip on stainless lockdown bars while shoving the game.

Thanks, wasn't thinking sweaty palms.
Reverse my decision, post covid when league is back later in 2021 or 2022....I will wear gloves now.

#11644 3 years ago

You ever been on pinside, check a thread, read 20 posts, and wonder what thread your on?
Scroll up and check?
And then go, What The Fuck?
Love you guys.

#11828 3 years ago

I have lots of questions;
Will the Pinbar have scratch and sniff technology?
Or maybe self cleaning uv technology in this world of covid.
Will the pinbar work with a latex glove on?
What's the BOM on a machine kickstand?
What's the Bom on hydraulic playfield glass lifting device?
What the hell is a Deeproot?
Will my pinbar play space invaders?
How the Hell do you bleed $750 k a month and still not have an assembly llne?
Why Texas, when Robert could have been better off with taxes in Nevada?
Does Robert call Andrew H. for advice?

Wishing them success at this point may be fruitless. Shame.

1 week later
#12483 3 years ago

2090 days of deeproot and counting.....

#12700 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do we know when RAZA will be finalized and and available for purchase?

A year maybe...if.....nevermind old news.
Should get 3 more machines released before this one. By then most will forget about this boutique game by then.

#12755 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

The six of us that went to deeproot will be joining the Virtual Pinball Expo for a live Q&A about deeproot tomorrow evening.
We will sit and stare at the camera in silence for the entire hour.

This should be a hoot. Just reading the chat window should be interesting.
Thanks for warning us.

1 month later
#13251 3 years ago

Are people really going to this event?

Bars are open in Texas. No one is being forced to go to this.

Well said. But going to play a prototype pinball machine in a pandemic isnt really essential or safe.
Full disclosure; i also felt going to protest or attend political rallies in a pandemic was dumb to.
No one should risk there life to play a pinball machine. Especially this deepshit fiasco.
Good luck, stay safe.

#13419 3 years ago

Whats up with JPop and purple?
Call your distributor now.....oh wait. Still not ready for primetime yet?
By the time this is ready to ship we will have another election.

2 months later
#15754 3 years ago

I skipped 12 pages....
So...your telling me they cant even make a T-shirt?
Is there anybody that has a game yet, just 1, 1 person with a game?

#15833 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

DP might set a record for a ponzi scheme that lasted the longest after people starting saying it was a ponzi scheme.

If you go back 200 pages i believe ive been saying this for 2 years.
At this point I would never trust this company for a purchase.....if they could even sell something.

#15850 3 years ago

That poor Aaron Flores guy. Imagine the financial ride this dude has been taken on.

#15857 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

RE parking lots... I think Spooky is up to 30 full time employees? But that's with good sales. They made 150 AMH with like 3 people.

That would explain the cars at deeproot Ben.
3 building the machines and 15 design heads watching and making judgement calls. Wait, there is one guy doing tshirts i heard.

#15886 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol, its been sketchy since day one, and only gone done hill from there.

I heard Robert is going to get into pontoon boats next. Has Andrew on speed dial.

1 week later
#16090 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Groundbreaking mechs?!

I don't know about groundbreaking but it sure as hell going to scratch my wood floors when it comes out like that.

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yeah, and an entire playfield hanging on that pivot is a Moment Arm From Hell, and I have no idea how anyone ever expected it to work (and still cost what we sort of expect pinball machines to cost).

3 weeks later
#17047 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Should I feel guilty? His next to last post was a reply to a post I made in this thread.

No, ICE melts when things get hot.

#17098 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The pre-order thread was created Dec 17th. I think the orders closed by new years.

Ah shucks, missed pre order. Wonder if buy my spot ads will show up soon?

3 months later
#19513 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Latest DR job posting (from seven days ago). The jokes write themselves.
https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Deeproot/jobs?jk=e60a1d133280ee99
[quoted image]

You have to clean Jpop's Shower?
Going to be hard position to fill.
Really, how many showers does deeproot facilities have?

1 week later
#19994 2 years ago

6 more posts, we can do this.

#20092 2 years ago

You know how sometimes your reading 30-40 posts and you forget what tread your in?
Just me?

#20183 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ride sharing doesn’t sound like a very Texas thing to do.

Your right about that mostly because of the lack of space in gun racks.

#20519 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Homepin and Deeproot belong together.

No, Homepin makes games.
Sorry, I down voted you.

#20819 2 years ago

Exactly! Best comment in weeks.

Tomorrow is the last working day of the month.
Monday is August 2nd.
And...casual Friday at Deeproot means they might have a day off.
Didnt even get a "2 weeks" Andrew Highway response.
Hey Robert, rents due Monday too!

#20903 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

The Latest:
Dear RAZA Customer:
We are sorry for the length of time without an update. We have been contacted by a few of you within the last few weeks. The main topics were how many people took the refund offer (3), is the refund offer still available (No), and what the status of the RAZA builds are.
A legal matter affecting RAZA arose around a month ago that we did not expect. We were advised by counsel to not send out any substantive communication while they worked to resolve it amicably. We have taken that advice while patiently waiting for it to be resolved. The back-and-forth has taken much, much longer than we expected. So we are providing this brief update so you understand what the delay is about.
We cannot discuss the parties or what the complaint is about. We cannot provide a timeline. What we can say is that we are working hard to resolve/settle it and we hope will be resolved very soon. We will be able to give a meaningful update at that time. Until then...
-Robert J. Mueller, Principal
deeproot Pinball

This shit story for real?
Left Field Hail Marry I'd say.

1 week later
#21321 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

weird speech to text too instead of a human saying it

No humans left to leave a message.

#21549 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, they had a good run. Moderators, ya’ll can lock this thread.[quoted image]

Can't lock this thread till the lawsuits are complete and Ben spills the beans.

#21558 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You have no idea how litigious this Harvey Weinstein of pinball is. Hopefully was.
SCUM.

For a second there i thought you were making the Weinstien/Epstein pinball adventure.

#21774 2 years ago

OK gang, here's some red meat: Current deeproot employee publicly posts that recently (unclear if July or August) the company closed down "temporarily" (and gives no indication the company has reopened).

The only guy working is that janitor they hired last month to clean the place up.
Robert wants his security deposit back.

1 week later
#22734 2 years ago

What if Jpop is suing RM?
And if RM is having legal issues wouldn't there be a filling at a district court?
Ohh screw it, more pics of dogs please.

#23110 2 years ago

How can I get the Titanic Deeproot sinking T-shirt?
I want this.
I mean, I really want 1.

#23117 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Why is your Logo a pinball up your Ass?
Dude, your not going to sell shit!
How can you function with waking up each morning claiming your starting a pinball company?
Whomever supports or backs this company is just throwing good money into more bad pinball.
Better off investing in an Hydrofoil.
So sad your Using Andrew as your mentor!

My post from 3 years ago.
Always take the refund when offered.
Said that way back when too.

#23480 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I just realized that Magic Girl turned out to be Deeproots' biggest seller.

But someone else had to make it.

#24701 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Deeproot had serious problems from the get go. No production just a few Raza prototypes - how hard & how much time do you really think that took minus the pinbar. Guess blame that all on JPOP being slow, I bet he did not even do those. But like everything we will be mostly taking a guess until the employees come out with the true story. The only one to blame here with taking the money is Robert.
Even though the pinbar was a bad idea from the start. That idea will likely be introduced in other forms into pinball games (Stern looks like the first). Looking back the same with JPOP & Zidware with very bad money management along with other failures in the industry. You have to start manufacturing games from the start & keep going, build your sales from Day1.
JPOP & his games (pre Zidware) are likely no different in sales volume as others. Things may have been different all these years if JPOP had a proper money manager, & someone to guide him along to get goals done. Just think how history might of been different if American Pinball had done thousands of JPOP games, & at this time they were the same or better than JJP.

What the Fuck you smoking in Halifax?
It really is time to stop discrediting yourself. Close your pinside account, and stop posting.
You obviously don't get it. Repeatedly trying to explain yourself is not helping.
Take up darts, lawnbowling, some senior stuff in your town.
Just stop, no really, stop.

#24897 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I asked for better resolution pictures of the inside and this is what I recieved. If I hear anything further I will pass it along.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't make out the name of the 1 poor pinball machine left behind.
Wonder If someone just broke in over the last couple weeks and took the others.
This place has been empty for a while. This does not look like a July move out.

#25062 2 years ago

Fucking Deeproot shuts down Twip!
If your Reading this Robert M. , your a Dick!
And if your the anonymous Threatener....
Remember, like the God Father we will keep tabs on you and know what prison you go to.
(Of course I'm saying this in my Jimmy Kimmel jokester way, and it's the internet)

4 months later
#27746 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Bankruptcy docs reveals RAZA sales at most 74 units. So that's how I know.

I'm still not convinced about 20 of those weren't RM buy backs.

2 months later
#30034 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I got at least 95% of all my parts back. I'm very happy with the results.
Terry.

Who got all the shaker motors?

2 months later
#31150 1 year ago

I can't find.
"Drink your ovaltine"
Hey Robert, if this is you and your buddy.
"Go pound sand"

#31173 1 year ago

Oh, another fun bit I just remembered from the David Fix interview: our own greatwichjohn gets a shout-out as a playfield guy out there to hit up!

I had several beers and wasn't sure if I heard that correctly.
Did you know greatwichjohn will be at a pinball show at the ezpinball booth if you want to stop by. I read that somewhere.

#31178 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

And plenty of room for word searches, apparently.

Just shows you how out of touch Deeproot was and still is.
Word search is so USA Today, should have been a wordle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.