Topic Stats

• 8,746 posts
  • 652 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 705 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

zGHQb4O.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
DR.jpg
DR (resized).png
2020-06-29 (resized).jpg
555c87e7008ad (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
sucks (resized).png
FeuaWI.gif
8A0A30A4-A182-4647-BE35-0AD38A701551 (resized).jpeg
papadook (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
soundofsilence (resized).png
42DFE73E-B3EF-471C-9B8D-D66475F47E4F (resized).jpeg
20190803_181304[1] (resized).jpg
Off The Puff (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (7 months ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (7 months ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (7 months ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (7 months ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (7 months ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (7 months ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (7 months ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Going to sell $50,000 for $5,000? I can't see any way that ends badly.

#32 2 years ago

Wait, you didn't ask them why their logo looks like a butt?

#81 2 years ago

"That’s what makes doing pinball so easy for us." - Deeproot guy.

I'm sure they'll never regret that.

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

What do you think it costs to engineer a pinball machine?
What do you think it costs to engineer/design 3 pinball machines?

Except you're only getting designs. MG didn't work because it wasn't properly engineered (or finished). I don't know that the PF design for RAZA was actually finished, let alone engineered to shoot/work. And AIW is just concepts, most likely.

1 month later
#174 2 years ago

What a load of crap.

1 month later
#734 2 years ago

Logo still looks like a butt w/ plug. The Aussie slang doesn't help the impression any.

8 months later
#1968 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I just hope they are successful, in spite of any delay.
That would be way better for pinball, than if they aren't.
LTG : )

Would it? they haven't taken any consumer money, and they're paying salaries of pinball people in the meantime. If they fail and fold up before taking money OUT of the hobby, I'm not sure it makes any difference at all.

#2020 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

nobody is going to wear that. Sorry. It's the secret reason why VR is dead.

For pinball, yeah, I can't see people putting a helmet on. But the shot at VR wasn't necessary or correct.

https://www.roadtovr.com/steam-vr-user-population-usage/

10 months later
#5189 8 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This teaser will showcase a level of cinematic animation never before seen with pinball

[overly dramatic eye-roll]

1 week later
#5547 8 months ago

That display is 29" across with the frame. Given the pictures, and the size of a standard Cabinet/Head - that's bigger than what they're using.

#5675 7 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Has anybody had a chance to look under the playfield or backbox? It would be interesting to learn what kind of electronic hardware this game is based on.

It’s got to be their own stuff. There’s now way it would take this long to get one game to a ‘demo’ state if they went with a pre-existing platform.

#5677 7 months ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Super curious why this metal cutout was necessary. Im guessing choosing to have the ball return here kept hitting the sling?[quoted image]

Yeah, that’s wacky. Couldn’t get the ramp exit low enough for a controlled release? Blocked too much view?

#5700 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

not understanding why the ball is dropping in front of the left sling instead of the inlane, what benefit does that provide? One of the benefits of hitting a ramp is to score the inlane shot. Also, how much wear is that area going to see with no ability to protect it like a cliffy switch protector would. will be kind of an eyesore when it's worn to wood like you see with most switch slots over time.
looks like a cool game, but lots of unknowns right now.

It's only to 'score an inlane shot' in games designed for that. Dialed In dumps in front of the sling. Monopoly Dumps in front of the sling from the train. High speed dumps in front of the slings. Big Guns too. I'm sure there are others I'm not remembering.

#5704 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There are letters on the in/outlanes, I assume you have to collect the letters a certain number of times to activate something else, otherwise what are the letters there for?
what do you mean dialed in dumps in front of the slings? both ramps return to the inlanes.

The train/monorail/subway/whatever station drops in front of the left sling on dialed in.

There's a feed to the right inlane from some ramp - you can get your spelling done there.

#5709 7 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

with that said, clearly jpop can eek out a game if enough pushing, team support helping, and tons of funding are behind him.

The bit I don't get is: John was already working on RAZA for quite a while before deep root absorbed Zidware. The current version being shown isn't too far off from his PF back then (as shown in the side by side photo). Then tack on all the time Deep Root has been involved and a bunch of actual industry people are part of that team, and this is all they've got so far?

#5713 7 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

A few typically refers to more than 2 and less than 10. Everywhere. Also, given that this game has been worked on for nearly a decade already, this isn't a lot of time.

Lies.

- "A couple" = 2
- "A few" = 3
- "Some" = 4

#5739 7 months ago

The show has been open for 7 minutes. Shouldn't there be 8 twitch streamers broadcasting exclusive live RAZA by now?

#5764 7 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

What is going on with this? Does it spin? Does it raise up?[quoted image]

Small spinning disk.

#6049 7 months ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

For one, the ramp, what are they thinking putting only one ramp in the game, but at the same time using up so much real estate for return ramps.

How does it even get to the left return? Just a matter of which way it randomly rolls when it makes it off the top end? The only video I've seen of it being made rolled down the right return.

#6052 7 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

How does it even get to the left return? Just a matter of which way it randomly rolls when it makes it off the top end? The only video I've seen of it being made rolled down the right return.

So based on the close up from potatoloco ... There's a hole for the right return and if by some miracle you manage to JUMP OVER THAT you make it to the left return?

Holy shit is that hilarious.

#6328 7 months ago

What he talks is a lot of bluster and bullshit. Until they actually put something on the market everything he says is worthless.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 29.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 159.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 3.50
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
$ 6.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside