New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 203700)

deeproot Pinball thread

By pin2d

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,866 posts
  • 873 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 minutes ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 233 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,280 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PXL_20201203_173809334 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201202_232146 (resized).jpg
8B462B61-F08E-4419-A0BF-BAC1E783CFFD (resized).jpeg
BtbxZM-CEAEzeM3 (resized).jpg
dreampolice02 (resized).jpg
4BC74473-7C8B-4FB5-B334-BD8A99122013 (resized).jpeg
logo (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 1.09.56 PM (resized).png
E6B9A529-10EC-406E-B6C3-0D0F77BBEB81.jpeg
subway02 (resized).jpg
pinbar.gif
popcorn (resized).png
dp_topper (resized).jpg
qr (resized).png
IMG_20201124_203346 (resized).jpg
20201122_135803 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (3 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (1 year ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (1 year ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (1 year ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (1 year ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (1 year ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4625 1 year ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

"Based in San Antonio, Texas, deeproot® is a family of companies founded by financial and legal professionals with decades of combined experience in the financial markets. deeproot® designs, operates, and manages alternative private equity funds, and investment debenture funds, for accredited or non-accredited investors."
Pinball isn't even mentioned. So the parent company and other companies are making the money. Eventually Deeproot Pinball, but everyone here who thinks they are going out of business because of some simple pinball machines is wrong.
Regardless, looking forward to them turning out a pin, but they are not leaning on this division so they can take their time if they want

Thanks for telling us what we have all known, for years.

#4660 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Is there a pinside achievement for most thread ejects in a week?

Yes, the Pinside Darwin award.

2 months later
#5361 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

I hope for O-din it’s Sledgehammer Pinball tomorrow!

#5556 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

As long as they get the TV screen right, as far as pinside is concerned, the rest is minor details.

Maybe it's a 3D screen and you wear bifocals

#5557 1 year ago

Looks pretty good to me, typical Jpop in design, a bit too bright on the greens, but maybe in person it looks great.

#5747 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The pinball community seems to be one of the most polarized. Everything has to either be the "best ever" or "worst ever". Both sides are equally annoying.
EDIT: That's not quite true. As I think about it, I am slightly more annoyed by the "worst ever" group.

That's the problem with high expectations. Robert should have under-promised and over-delivered, then most would be ecstatic for a new Jpop machine, despite the history. Instead, we dissect the prototype and find that it looks strangely familiar. I'd probably buy one based on what I'm seeing, but then my expectations were pretty low with all the hubris blowing around. The best people often say nothing because they don't need to.

#5750 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, I get that. I wasn't a huge fan of how Robert came in with the whole "pinball is easy" talk. However, I look at this machine and see a lot to like, especially from a first time manufacturer.

Agree, it is looking really good. I wasn't a potential customer until now. Is there any more footage of gameplay out there?

#5765 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Small spinning disk.

Oh, right, the magnet is below the spinner.

#5819 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Damn! Haha I’m not there. I asked someone there to shoot some video on their cell phone so I could get everyone some gameplay since I wasn’t finding much online. Just trying to get everyone some video but I can’t control the filming. Put down the pitchforks you mean cruel fellow pinheads hahaha still love ya but hurt that you think I filmed that (me crying alone in a corner trying to help).

How about replacing it with a better video?

#6122 1 year ago

Eh, never mind. Check back in 6 months...

#6295 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Generic question: what have we seen revolutionary since pinball 2000 released 19 years ago? What? Big lcd screen? Wow... p3 is the only one.
DR is supposed to have the gut to try with the risk behind. We will see but they didn’t revealed anything as stated in their interview...

Not much can be revolutionary with pinball at this point. Evolutionary, yes, but it needs to retain some nostalgia as part of the experience. The 3D theater in DI shows some cool evolutionary changes, especially when the spotlight extends up into the LCD on the backglass. I wish they’d go further with connecting the playfield to the screen as a direct extension of gameplay in some modes. Alien is great with the screen in the playfield. RGB has been nice. Complexity of code. And so on. I don’t care as much about revolution, evolution, or innovation as this: is it fun? Honestly, Lebowski is very WMS like and incredibly fun to play.

Speaking of fun, how did you get the only prototype Archer by Keith Elwin?! I keep hoping Stern reboots Maiden as the original Archer.

As for RAZA, it’s too early to say. Maybe it will end up great.

#6576 1 year ago

#6732 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly, noone posted this yet? (Well, except Jeff in his article, wich you should read.)

First video where I thought hey this looks kinda fun! Thanks for posting that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
PinBoss Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 7.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside