Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 623 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 633 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3EA53E5B-1601-425F-B023-ECEB7E332F36 (resized).jpeg
h0B185B00 (resized).jpg
keep-calm-cause-my-world-is-full-of-rainbows-unicorns-and-glitter (resized).png
tenor (6).gif
tenor (5).gif
3p9g6x (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
octomom (resized).jpg
6495d0d389aff4b091945637a2eb567a1fc2a035 (resized).jpg
A772108B-9E5F-40A2-978C-60EC306A0A3C (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2020-01-17 deeproot Pinball (resized).png
F0A86AC0-DEBA-45CA-865A-978F7DAEB508 (resized).jpeg
giphy-tumblr.gif
E23925EE-C466-4905-AE36-A89FDB1B6D04 (resized).png
MV5BZTczZGM0M2MtMWRjOC00NTMxLTg2ZDYtMjczOGNjNmMxZTIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMyNjgzODE@._V1_ (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (10 months ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (3 months ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (3 months ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (3 months ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (3 months ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (3 months ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (3 months ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (3 months ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (88 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doghouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3133 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I’ve been trying to collect my thoughts about the Jpop hate in this thread. For me, I’m mostly over it and I have better reasons than most to be angry. I’m continuing along with my lawsuit against the man and I do seek justice. But at this point I’m weary of my posturing in the past and I’m especially tired of these useless, drive-by, Pinside out bursts of hate. Example the non-sequitur comment a few pages back about Deeproot needing to fire Jpop.
One of the reason I mention this is because I sense an evolution of improving attitudes here towards Jpop. It seems to me that more and more people are now speaking up in supporting John. And I get it, as I see reasons to support him and Deeproot too.
Anyway, I find the recent attitude change here interesting from where we began long ago, along with my own evolution.
Whether I collect my judgment against Jpop in time or not, I intend to purchase a RAZA or other Deeproot machine, pending inspection and production of course. - Do as you like but those are my thoughts.
Note: I still hate Whysnow. Hopefully I can maintain some street cred with that.

Hear, hear. I'm happy to hear someone articulate this. I too was a victim of JPop like many others, and I felt especially stung after feeling like we had at least a passing friendship that developed over several years. I visited with John at his shop, took him out for dinner, corresponded with him, talked with him on the phone, helped on a few issues he had early on by making suggestions which I believe he used. And I sent him lots of money like others.

After it was obvious that John was failing, I offered more help and was ignored, and finally shut down, ghosted. Never heard a word from him after that. Always expected he would re-emerge and apologize to some of us. But to the best of my knowledge, he never has apologized to anyone he burned.

And I was very pissed-off at John, and at losing the money. But with the promise of Deeproot and their pledge to make things right, I feel like any lingering hatred of John is now misplaced. Calls to fire him, or to not buy any of Deeproot's games because of John's participation seem ridiculous to me. John was surely incompetent and dishonest, but ultimately a victim of his own narcissism. More of a fool than a crook. And this is a common story in business. I've seen it a dozen times in my own career. Those like us who trust early and lay down money behind that trust in anticipation of a great innovative product often get burned.

Harboring hatred for John or Deeproot isn't going to help (or hurt) anything or anyone. It's a waste of effort. The people that hate Deeproot because John works for them are very naive. Do they also hate and/or avoid buying products from other (non-pinball) companies that knowingly hire dishonest people? Good luck with that. I'm just looking forward to getting my RAZA as promised by Robert, and letting my last bit of disgust for Jpop get lost in my enjoyment of the game.

7 months later
#6903 73 days ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I remember getting in on BHZA in the beginning. I even flew into Chicago and visited John and he showed me mind blowing things and art that would make any pin jealous.

I had a similar experience, and honestly I'm embarassed 7 years later about the drooling fanboy post I made after my visit to Zidware. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpops-magic-girl-and-zombie-adventure-shop-tour#post-530376

Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Then he took me/us for our money. IF deeproot gave me 2x my money with a 50% off coupon i would not touch this thing with a 10 foot poll. Nothing close to the hopes and dreams he had.

Just curious, not trying to stir up trouble here, but you didn't take the deal from Deeproot to get 100% credit for the money you lost to Jpop, or you sued Jpop and are ineligible?

I'm asking because personally I'm going to take the damn "free" machine Robert's offering to compensate me for the $'s I lost to Jpop and forget about all the sad bullshit I went through with John.

#6905 73 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I took the "free credit". Although it doesn't feel free and i don't really care about the $$$.

Yeah, it doesn't feel like free unless you kissed the money goodbye years and years ago like I did. Then it kinda feels "free".

Quoted from iceman44:

I want DR to succeed due to everything that is on the line with investors and people's jobs.

Absolutely. If they don't succeed it'll just be plain depressing. All that wasted talent, time and resources.... And there are dozens of factors that could cause Deeproot not to succeed as a company. The top three in my opinion: 1. The initial games are full of lots of Jpop-inspired "stuff," but just aren't any fun to play. The videos I've seen on-line of the RAZA prototypes worried me a little. Until we see/play the finished games the jury is still out. 2. The company has spent too much on start-up and can't sell enough games to recoup before they just run out of money. 3. They just can't get the hardest part right-- i.e. manufacturing the actual games.

Quoted from iceman44:

But Jpop seems like a fraud. RAZA reveal was not what i envisioned 5 yrs ago. Still seems undone.

Yeah, Jpop really does seem like a fraud. In my worldview he would now have a much different reputation if he had just admitted in public that he screwed up and didn't have any business running a company. And if he had ever apologized to ANYONE. Which to the best of my knowledge, he never has. We as human beings tend to be VERY forgiving of those that sincerely admit they screwed-up. And because Jpop never did this he will always seem to people like us, who he screwed, a true asshole and fraud.

1 month later
#7321 33 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m thinking about hosting a pre TPF kick off party on Wednesday at my house for the locals and any of the Deeproot people coming into town for that event and any other “non VIPs “ that want to come
Food, drinks and pinball! You won’t be disappointed
I’ll be in Vegas weekend before for March madness
Let’s see what kind of response I get and I’ll update later

Thanks for the invite. The wife and I will be in San Antonio for the DR reveal and looking for stuff to do that evening. Hoping to see some at least a couple of working games at DR.... My guess is RAZA and a couple of protos.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
25,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 179.99
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doghouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside