View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#998 5 years ago

Coming in here very late to this thread but it is very interesting. There are a good number of industry folk who appear to be involved. That certainly has me intrigued.

Let's assume that they do come out strong and are a serious contender. They will either join the movement of selling expensive pins or they will come in with a more aggressively price pin(s). If they do that and have great product then this could bring Stern back in line and could pose a problem for JJP.

Not sure where this will go but Christmas 2018 may be the perfect time to start selling off older titles that are still inflated at the moment... Not sure what this would do to the price point and value of my JJPOTCLE.

#1024 5 years ago

Which is why JPOP will likely be successful once again in this field, he needs to be managed. Give him creative license (within reason) and let others handle operations, ok well... everything else.

1 week later
#1025 5 years ago

Wow, did I shut this thread down with mention of JPOP?

2 weeks later
#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It might have been even stupider to put that money in Apple stock at the time, eh?

Or worse, Bitcoin.

1 week later
#1363 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Zombie Yeti being snarky:[quoted image]

Good for him, it's been a hell a ride!

1 week later
#1395 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

More tits please.

Yes please.

All of that old beautiful art was loaded with them.

7 months later
#2822 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

If RAZA and MG are made, or anything else using Jpop IP that was paid for by his Zidware customers, I hope DR reimburse these customers. If they do, more power to DR.

There appears to be a wealth of information on this subject and I believe that DP has done quite a lot on this front. There were some conditions (IE: those already involved in a law suit against JPOP would not be eligible), but others would be offered compensation based on what their previous commitment was with Zidware. Yes of course, some will see this as a 'they had to do this or no one would support DP', I don't see it that way at all. You will see, once the pins start being revealed, pinheads will flock to these. Considering that the owner was not legally obligated, I think that this can only help.

To that end, I believe that DP has already settled up on Magic Girl for some of the Zidware customers. Maybe not and I'm full of shit...

back to the thread.

1 month later
#3799 4 years ago

She is quite conservative. Need a bit of cleavage so I choose the far right one.

#3800 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It’s not like Stern ships half their product overseas or anything.

I assume by this;

"That's a shame, I am still of the opinion they could be a positive disruptor to the industry - especially around pricing. It just seems that "at this time" they won't be a disruptor with much impact outside of the U.S.A."

... that JamesUK is speaking specifically for a positive disruptor to Stern, who essentially owns the market there.

2 months later
#4743 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The TNA playfield issue was quickly resolved by Spooky and Charlie owned up to it. So far ACNC's playfields are only getting the highest of compliments.
Which tells me if they can figure it out, then so should the big boys.

Was the TNA PF issue straight chipping, no dimpling?
Our ACNC doesn't have chipping but does have a lot of dimpling and I am very disappointed with that.

I have inquired about a PF protector but there isn't one available and when I asked for an outline file to have one made, I was told no. My only option, if available, will be to order a blank PF.

So, just so that I understand, what has been figured out?

Oddly enough, my POTC LE has the clear welled up around the sling posts but has no dimples.

#4748 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That’s not true. My TSPP, no dimples, my Tron LE, no dimples. Some of the older stuff sometimes dimples but more of the new stuff dimples more severely. Seems to be luck of the draw on wood hardness. And no my TSPP and Tron have not had enough plays to have had dimples and then even’d out. They just don’t dimple. Oh and add my LOTR and Black SM to that list of no dimples. Come to think of it my Met and TWD no dimples. Though my Star Trek has some. Luck of the draw mostly but seems to be getting worse with the newer stuff.

Exactly. I currently have 20 pins and I can count on 1 hand those with dimples, the others simply don't have them.

Those that say the dimples just flatten out the playfield perfectly is full of BS. A: that is literally impossible to hit every bit of the playfield with a flying ball and B: there would be a raised edge around each insert and the areas of PF where a ball can't go, so you would see and feel that 'raised edge'.

#4754 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I seen Deeproot had several new posts, and I was hell yeah, must be some new news. Then I click and read all about dimples.

LOL the deeproot thread is the new dimple tread!

It is entirely relevant to the direction of thread discussion: DR playfields; what to expect, what is their manufacturing process? (Skip back and see for yourself)

4 months later
#7193 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So..
I've been offered 2 machines for the money I lost with Zidware.
Never been asked to pay a dime at this point.
Got offered airfare, accommodations and passes to the TPF.
Not a bad deal so far.

That seems pretty amazing to me.

2 years later
#29025 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If you read the auction rules, there isn’t exactly a hard deadline. If people are bidding near the deadline, they extend the bidding for a bit for each last minute offer. No last second snipping

a 'soft close'.

G-R-E-E-D

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=dnaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.