Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider denoument.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9474 3 years ago

What chance is there that they make their pinball cabinet so it works like the patent they took out 2 years ago?

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2018183948A1/en?assignee=Deeproot+Capital+Management%2c+Llc

#9483 3 years ago

I'm just wondering what they interpret as the value they will offer. There's not a whole lot you can justify adding value with just software or special mechs. There are already very great games with excellent software features and the value with special mechs is just the user appeal not necessary replacement cost. I was thinking maybe the value they are offering is targeted at the on-site owner. Like cost to repair or ease of repair. That patent seemed to point in that direction. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what they have to offer.

#9489 3 years ago

September 21, 2020 B[...] deeproot
"By"
"Before"
"Best of"
"Behold"

#9493 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

You missed an interesting part at the bottom soliciting distros to sell RAZA.
Goes contrary to their prior plans of doing all direct sales.
[quoted image]

You must be from the future. The site hasn't actually updated for me. It still shows the 3rd teaser.

1 week later
#10047 3 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

Is the reveal going to be live streamed?

There is something on twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/stuffyourmomhates

No clue if that is the stream or just someone trolling us.

#10301 3 years ago

So they brought in a focus group and found that the machine they made was not widely accepted. So hopefully they improve the product after the feedback...I hope there is at least some news from TWIP about whatever they had to show.

#10788 3 years ago

The cabinet they made does look like the patent they took out in 2018. I'm betting they have a hinged playfield glass and lift out playfield. I don't see any rivets on the steel around the glass.

#10819 3 years ago

I think with some tweaking they could have a nice looking pin

deeproot_r0.1 (resized).jpgdeeproot_r0.1 (resized).jpg
#10825 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I don’t know if this has been brought up but it’s strange how the art on the translite is uneven on the top .Flush to the right n drops on the left .could this be a projection from the inside ?

It looks to match the angle of the light blue line at the bottom of the backbox

#10832 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I cannot believe they went into production model with that lockdown bar.
Haven't they ever played Stellar Wars? Those hard lockdown bar angles will bruise and crush your palms with every slap save.
And looks like kids won't be able to see the flippers. Maybe a fold out step stool is another innovation.
And yes it appears to be a touch screen, as I don't see a start button anywhere.
There you go folks. Pinball innovation.

All they need to do is trim down the lockdown bar area screen so there isn't as much steel border around the touchscreen and redo the the interface with the front sides of the cabinet. It is clear to me that the lockdown bar/screen pops out first and then you can raise the playfield glass up like the hood of a car. That is why they can't have the steel go down all the way to the flipper buttons. So they just need to rethink the interaction of the lockdown bar and come up with a way for the lockdown bar to not create a lip between it and the buttons. Honestly if they have a fab shop I would think they could whip up some more prototypes in a week or two. They just have to work through the problem.

#11225 3 years ago

I want to know how they are pulling off the Omnichannel stuff. That's a pretty cool feature.

#11611 3 years ago

I wonder if the issues they need to fix are in the pictures we have not seen. Like maybe it has to deal with how the playfield lifts out or servicing the playfield. Or something to do with what is behind the head of the cabinet.

1 week later
#12591 3 years ago

Here's a challenge to deeproot programmers:

I'm picturing a convention where deeproot has multiple machines in a row and the pinbar and back box display have an animation that starts on machine 1 and ends on machine 5.

Deeproot has the makings of a scrolling marquee that could span multiple machines. There is nothing like this reported, I just think deeproot should develop/show off something like this. Would definitely wow me.

Focus on launch first...do this at some point. Maybe after the first 5 machines are released.

3 weeks later
#13037 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I got bored with the radio silence so I did a little checking. I thought they were operating with $32.2 million but it would seem that Deeproot has raised $44.9 million in two offerings. All of it back in 2015. First round was the $32.2 million in September 2015 that has been commonly discussed here. Then in December of 2015, a second round raised an additional $12.7 million.
$44.9 million, here's the link where I got that info: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/deeproot-tech/company_financials
Its been five years with no apparent income. I'm just hoping there is enough gas in the tank for the Goodwill people to get their games.

I think at today's P/E ratios they would only have to make 1 million in revenue a year at that investment level to make their investors happy.

3 weeks later
#13524 3 years ago

Anyone else notice the rollover light inserts up by Ned? I didn't see any star switches in the inserts. Never seen this in a pin. Neat.

2 months later
#15860 3 years ago

What ever happened to the pinball lift accessory deeproot was going to unveil?

I came across this:

And remembered Deeproot...

#15877 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Scrounge around Pinside. Somebody made one of these and posted pictures and instructions.
LTG : )

I think I found it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/easier-way-to-set-up-flip-a-pinball-machine#post-4817097

#15900 3 years ago

Anybody out there really interested to see what cool "ground breaking mech" Barry Oursler is planning to unveil in his Black Hole inspired game? I know I am. I hope this company does well so I get to see whatever he is planning.

I'm thinking of all the cool ways someone could open a large hole in the playfield to reveal a lower playfield.

#15949 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I have a Black Hole project pin that *maybe* I'll work on someday. It would be neat to see a new version of it.

This is one of those games I've always wanted but people warn me that they are hard to maintain and work on. Really fun to play.

#15960 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its not hard to maintain or work on. Get a Black Hole man, its a great game. Couple mods and they are pretty solid.

Well you convinced me. Now I just need to find one.

1 month later
#17535 3 years ago

I'm surprised that they are able to use multicolored cable. UL has a specific color scheme for wires that way you can look at a wire and know how to interact with it. I guess they are just getting the PCBs UL listed and not the whole pinball machine.

2 months later
#19200 2 years ago

I thought this was a deeproot thread...

#19270 2 years ago

I'd really like to see a pinball platform come out of this company with terrible PR. A Unity pinball machine from this company could be a real market differentiator. Although I really don't know much about Unity so I have no clue what benefits it would have over Spike or PROC or whatever American Pinball has in the works.

#19287 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Already been done.
https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-pinball-platform/3rd-party-developers/
“our apps are currently written in C#/mono on top of the Unity Game Engine.”

Well then never mind. I do think that if they were to actually make games, the games would sell.

3 weeks later
#20613 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here’s your 4:30 drive by report.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"939972046192e5e354ecc4d080da8168203df39c-1627430063-1800"};
//]]>

No cars in the lot. It’s late I know. Bankers hours.
I did get a peak inside at different doors. Nothing has really changed since last production reveal that I can see.
Break room/cafeteria had a bunch of pins set up. TNA right by the door.
Prototypes and part bins in the back set
up area. Had a Hobbit sitting there too.
Nobody to greet me at the “visitors entrance”.
One section completely blacked out.
Massive waste of space now. With production?
There you go

That is cool. Maybe there is something going on there. It may be a big waste of money with no expectation of profit any time soon but if they have money to burn then I guess they can spend it however they choose to.

1 week later
#21309 2 years ago

What would happen if this forum switched its attitude and had only good things to say about deeproot? Would deeproot be more open about its progress? I really doubt anyone with money on the line cares if they actually get a pinball machine at this point. I'm thinking if we're nice we increase our chances of deeproot finishing RAZA. Let's all say good things about deeproot and see if RM changes his discourse.

I'm going to start:
I know the internet is harsh but know that some people just want to see more pinball machines in the world. RAZA would be a machine with a heck of a story. And I'd love to see it someday.

#21421 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are you inferring that the pinside collective torpedoed dr, and now we may be able to save them?
Here is some constructive advice. Scrap pinball all together and focus on the pinpod(tm). Paint it, bling it up with some art from the many illustrators they had. Make it one big storage box for anything, why limit it's potential to pins? You got this RM!

If right now there is a 1 in 24 chance that RAZA gets released. Then if pinside backed deeproot collectively on the forums then maybe the odds go up to 1 in 12 chance. No data to back those numbers. I'm putting value on pinside users comments. I'm sure a lot of the success of pinball today from any company is largely due to pinside.

#21437 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Not really sure if you're trolling, but I'll bite.
Spooky sold out of all of the Rick and Morty games in a mere matter of hours without Pinside's approval.
I think they did the same with Ultraman/Halloween.
Stern doesn't get Pinside's approval for games prior to announcements. Despite constant complaints about quality between Stern and JJP on pinside, they're still moving tons of games.
Deeproot has missed umpteen million deadlines with an absolute asshat at the helm for years now, all documented on Pinside.
The assumption that if we all start perpetuating some false narrative in hopes that the rosy portrayal of DeepRoot somehow materializes games is severely flawed.

Without pinside less people play pinball. Therefore less buyers of machines. I'm not defending DR. Nor blaming pinside for its failure. I'm saying that if we wanted to advocate for RAZAs release we could. What would happen if we started dialog about releasing deeproot assets to the pinball community? Maybe nothing..but poopin' on deeproot really doesn't get us anything but a place to poop. Forgive deeproot and change the discourse to "You [DR] had a good run but turn in your cards so we can finally play the game. RM may not want us to play it but we want to so hand it over."

#21441 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

People on pinside really overestimate how much pinside contributes to buying and playing pinball. 90%+ of pinball players and owners will never see this website.

I'd still play without pinside. I don't think I've met another pinball player who doesn't also have a pinside account.

#21502 2 years ago

Other than Zidware customers did the new buyers lose much? Wasn't the down-payment $600? I think anyone with a stake in this company doesn't care if they lose it.

#21507 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Some of us have 2000 down

That sucks.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Cough, yelobird, cough. $20k up front I believe.

Wow. Mr. moneybags.

#21524 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Inventory of DR Content Zapped Thus Far (that I've noticed)

deeprootpinball.com is still up as well as their youtube videos

Also funwithbonus.com deeproot content is still up

#21887 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Bruh, look up what furlough means
They don’t go to work, don’t get paid, can’t get unemployment, and aren’t allowed to work somewhere else
It’s just a step above layoff, but at least when you’re laid off you can get unemployment checks

You can get unemployment if furloughed for 2 weeks in Missouri. No clue about Texas.

1 week later
#23485 2 years ago

I wonder what thisweekinpinball.com will be reporting on tomorrow.

#24068 2 years ago
Quoted from IMI4tth3w:

We’ll have story time soon pinside I promise

Yay!!

5 months later
#28251 2 years ago

Lock n Chase on Intellivision is like the precursor to Bomberman. Evolution would be pacman, then lock n chase, and then bomberman. Likely not true at all...just my opinion.

#28252 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

They have been surpassed in every possible way.

Atari controllers, paddle and joy stick are still really cool. Using the paddle on warlords was too cool. I wish they'd bring back the rotary encoder on controllers. I think tempest used something like that but I kinda missed out on that arcade. Have never come across one in my lifetime.

#28254 2 years ago

Lock n Chase was really fun.

#28284 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Did you say you've never seen a Tempest arcade game.

Yep. I'm younger than I pretend to be.

3 months later
#31287 1 year ago

Oh dear, this thread has reached a new low.

1 month later
#31700 1 year ago

Chris Turner is starting a pinball company. He wants to release some of the IP for the homebrew community to use. He didn't specify what IP. He wants to be open and have feedback from the pinball community about his designs. I guess he is wanting to be the GPL version of pinball and is attempting an open source business model.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider denoument.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=denoument and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.