Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5485 4 years ago

That screen size and aspect ratio is baffling?! Why would they not go with a standard easily sourced size, that just seems like a lot of additional cost for virtually no value.

1 year later
#23448 2 years ago

Does this mean this whole Deeproot cult will finally come to and end. It just went on forever and seemed like a scam right from the start. I feel a little bad for the investors that got ripped off and the people that put down deposits. It's not up to Pinside to moderate. It's just one of those weird things about the internet or life in general. People that believe, want to believe and there is nothing the non believers can say or do to help them. The internet just makes it way easier to find other people that believe what you believe and it makes it seem all the more real.

#23693 2 years ago

I haven't been following this that closely but the thing about animators is hard to imagine. These guys clearly had no idea what they were doing. Did they really hire 40+ animators for a pinball machine?!

#23865 2 years ago

I do not think they ever actually intended on getting the pin out. This just seems like a way to funnel the money out till the well ran dry. Has anyone been arrested or are they just on their way to an island somewhere with a pile of money?

#23871 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I'm sure that the people working on the game had every intention to get it out there. They probably just didn't know about all of the other things going on behind the scenes.

I am sure a few employees had genuine intentions. That being said if you had ever worked in any kind of actual production you would have known this was bullshit right away. Times are tough though and I don't fault people if they just collected the paycheque but people must have known.

#24552 2 years ago

So you are not allowed to copy art in a sketch? Its a sketch, is it for sale? He saw something and thought that looks great I want it to look like that and sketched it into what is clearly a very early prototype. Artist do this every day and it is completely normal. Girl bent over with boobs is an original work these days?

#24556 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Hey I get that. It's a mockup. If one is going to release an image online...there are methods to represent your concept work with transparency. It's not the actions of a professional.

The artist you said is the creator was born decades after this pose was painted on every plane and bomb in the War. He copied it himself, that is how art works. The guy that painted it on the plane copied it off the tattoo on his buddies arm.

P.S. What professional artist would actually need to trace that to replicate it, they could reproduce this as easily as Larnel Lewis did Enter Sandman. If you don't get the reference google it.

#24563 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I'm glad you're hear to tell me how art works. Couldn't do this without you.

Sorry but its pretty funny when you calling people thieves/pieces of shit for copying this and you think this is an original work of a guy born in 73.

#24566 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Well...if you really want to get into it. I've this this EXACT alternate composition from J Scott Campbell with the Mad Hatter standing in front of Alice. It's in one of his sketchbooks. It's NOT just the sexy girl pose. It's the entire design. Go back to your sofa.

Yeah an no one had ever done that style of a pin up girl Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter. The whole thing is an homage to other artists. Like I said the kind of thing that Artist do every day. If the guy that did the sketch is a thief and piece of shit the artist you quoted is also a thief and piece of shit. People have been doing stylized Alice in Wonderland since they commissioned an artist for the book cover.

#24571 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Again, glad you're here to tell us what "artists" do every day.

Yeah no artist ever takes inspiration from other artist work, especially things that have been part of pop culture since the 1800's. Taking inspiration for a sketch does not make you a thief and a piece of shit.

JodyG I can accept that.

#24805 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The only good thing about this back and forth Darscot is having is that he's not constantly reminding everyone he's a top game developer. It does play into his "I know everything" attitude though.

Ha ha people think I’m a broken record. I have no idea why you are so infatuated with me.

#24820 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Lol. I would have expected your "triggered" comment. The variety is appreciated.

Anyone read Choke by Chuck Palahniuk that’s the context I think of for triggered.

#24872 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I literally forgot you existed until you started telling professional artists what art is.

Yeah that is exactly what happened. Dude I’m fully aware of myself. I know I can get into it when people post shit I find stupid. I try and do better so people can discuss what the want to discuss.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#24989 2 years ago

How long would they have actually believed? The whole thing is just a complete clusterfuck. Nothing about any of this makes any sense. It honestly looks like a child pretending to be grown up. Very early on he knew the Pin was never going to happen, he just played along till the money ran out. I find it fascinating how this kinda thing happens, how no one says, ah we we have several orders of magnitude going out than could ever come in. I am a little jealous to be honest, I don't think I am capable of believing or going along like that. I remember back in the dot com days everyone I knew was at a start up and it was hysteria. I just could not do it.

#25008 2 years ago

So let me get this straight he blew 50-60 million dollars trying to make a pin that he had 50 or so preorders for? This can't be real, LOL

#25048 2 years ago

I think this was a scam from the start. I will define that as he had no idea what he was doing and just scammed people by making them think he did. I assume he could understand basic mathematics. There is no way this ever added up. So he was just playing the role and living out his little fantasy on other peoples dime until it ran out. His goal was to built a couple of prototypes and have everyone talk about him.

#25055 2 years ago

It sucks about TWIP, that is just the internet though. You really have to not let that shit not get to you but it's not easy. There is always going to be those miserable losers that spew negativity. They are so loud and it really makes you feel that you have done something wrong and people are disappointed with you. Hopefully he takes a step back and can reassess. The good people are just quieter and more peaceful, hopefully he will see that they are the reality and the vast majority.

#25091 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

"Deeproot Pinball" was never a manufacturing company because they never manufactured products to be sold on the open market. It was a prototype company. All that money was blown at the prototype design phase.

My only point was the laughability of the mathematics. You don't spend more on a prototype than even your most optimistic prediction of revenue.

#25179 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Interesting video from cary hardy

Great video, Cary just spitting truth and a nice way to end the whole Deeproot saga.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.