Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25090 2 years ago

Sounds to me like RM read "The Secret" or watched the DVD. Dunning-Kruger took it from there.

Surely, in his mind he has done nothing wrong, and so he hired two renowned(?) lawyers to throw money at. I figure defense lawyers don't get in trouble like lawyers who file frivolous lawsuits do, even when they know all their client has is a frivolous defense.

#25375 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If I make a million a year - what kind of risk is it to put $2,500 down on a pinball machine?
0.0025% of my yearly income or about 12% of 1 of my weekly paychecks - so big deal

0.0025% of a million is 25, not 2500.

I guess your million dollar a year job doesn't involve math?

#25486 2 years ago

The one that bugs me the most here these days is "manufacture," when they mean "manufacturer."

Followed closely by "use to," when they mean "used to."

As a result, I use to help me deal with people who think the past tense of "use" is "use."

Why has no one designed an app, browser extension, or whatever to correct other people's sloppy writing before you see it? On the fly, just for you, maybe optionally highlighting corrected items and showing you the original when you hover the mouse pointer over it. I'm tired of my eye-rolling muscles always being sore!

#25490 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And I'm amazed at the condescending assholes that feel the need to point out a simple mistake someone made....like they've never made a similar mistake.

Am I still a condescending asshole if I haven't? I've understood the simple concept of percentages for, oh, 50+ years now, and I see obvious errors all the time in this regard. Just today, I saw some numbnuts on Twitter saying how he needed help from two colleagues (at Reason magazine!) to figure out that the 103 maskless pedestrians and 61 with masks he saw on his scooter ride to work worked out to 37% masked.

Amazement is a good thing, anyway. Complaining about valid complaints isn't.

And by the way, it's "assholes WHO feel the need" -- assholes are people too!
Screenshot_20210823-121720 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210823-121720 (resized).png

#25694 2 years ago

Yeesh, you guys. greatwichjohn is an old-timer pinhead, from way back in RGP's heyday and probably before. He deserves some slack.

Every time he tries to clarify what he thought, a dogpile ensues. Try "whatever dude" and move on. Then he won't feel the need to keep attempting to defend himself, starting the cycle over.

Don't take out your frustration with RM, et al, on this perennial optimist. It's like a broken record echo chamber in here.

#25707 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Never thought a Stan Rogers reference would put us over the line, but there you go.

I wasn't reacting to your post specifically. It was cumulative.

3 weeks later
#26149 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wonder what the odds are his landlord took over his storage-unit/workshop and just sold all his junk in a single lot auction and tossed the rest.

Odds? At this point, either it happened or it didn't.

#26237 2 years ago

From Kulek, to Jpop, to Mueller... how can anyone ever top the third guy? It's mind blowing.

There has to be a movie script in there somewhere. "Pinball Ponzi People" maybe. Or "Pinball Pirates and Pickpockets."

What is it about pinball that attracts this type? I can think of several factors: our desire to be wowed, their desire to be admired, the substantial price of new pins, our willingness to cough up that kind of money on toys, FOMO, the surface appeal of designing a fun thing, our near adulation of past designers...

But looking at how they typically crash and burn, one cannot wonder what the hell they were thinking as time went on. Probably telling themselves that they were trying to make people happy, that they never meant to rip anyone off, that they were forced to do worse and worse things to keep the dream alive as long as possible, that they never intended to do anything but produce pinballs and fulfill their promises. No doubt RM thinks "Lookit, I bought parts and equipment, I hired pinball designers and artists, I didn't just take the money and disappear overseas."

But that's no excuse. Like they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

It's not impossible, though; look at Spooky, for instance. No one trying to get rich helps. Or acting as though they are with other people's money. They invested their own time and money and grew slowly and carefully. Gotta hand it to them.

2 months later
#27357 2 years ago

What about wriggling INSIDE of one?

1 month later
#27956 2 years ago

It occurs to me that while we all enjoy this drawn-out taking down of a scroundrel, the real pity (besides little old ladies being out their retirement nest eggs) is the pinball goodness that could have been, had it all been managed by someone with the ability to do it right.

It's insane how it's exponentially worse than Jplop, which was exponentially worse than KK.

There's got to be a book, if not a movie, worth of material in all this.

Then again, perhaps we shouldn't go there, the stink might rub off on pinball in general in the public's eyes... or noses, whatever!

Was RM all that charismatic? I've never bothered to watch any video of the guy.

1 month later
#28847 2 years ago

Heads up, I'm not sure if it's configurable by auction house or what, but every on auction run through HiBid that I can recall, once a lot is closed, the price disappears, so if you want to know what something sells for, you have to be watching when it closes (unless you are the high bidder).

Which I always thought was odd. If you place a proxy bid and aren't watching when it ends, all you know is that you didn't win, take their word for it, you have no idea what the lot wound up going for, whether you were even close, etc. And forget any curiosity you have over which lot went for the most money and such.

Maybe on this auction, someone here will step up and keep track during the frenzy and report back to us?

Perhaps it is optional, and being a bankruptcy auction the prices realized will be available this time. Beats me. I suppose someone could ask.

#28850 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Do the cool kids walk around with "Rush" shirts on??

1. A bunch of pinball nerds have a valid opinion on what or who is "cool"?

2. A bunch of adults give a shit what cool kids wear?

3. Did no one here get the memo ten years ago that ragging on Rush is no longer cool?

0ivfjhu23qm71 (resized).jpg0ivfjhu23qm71 (resized).jpg
#29037 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

On a completely unrelated note (hah), King Crimson's "Indoor Games" just might be the only song in human history to have the word "bagatelle" in the lyrics.

Um, no.

https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/bagatelle

#29299 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Everything has to be moved out in one day? Imagine 6 different crews trying to move those CNC and large equipment - ugh. Gonna drive down the price.

No, loadout is four days, 3/28 to 3/31.

Still, if they are smart, the buyers will all be there on day one, if only to decrease the odds of pilferers walking off with something important.

2 weeks later
#30357 2 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:No I think he meant spit hood! They use those to cover someones face if they are spitting on the cops trying to arrest or detain them!

... and then they puke inside it, aspirate the barf, drown in their own upchuck, and somehow it's the police's fault.

#30427 2 years ago

Great, now when the water bottles show up somewhere they'll be like $99.99!

1 week later
#30619 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:Let’s ship one to one of the investors who lost hundreds of thousands, I’m sure it will make them smile!!!

They probably already have one, which you can buy for a quarter at the garage sale they are having to raise money for food.

#30766 1 year ago

Frankly, it reminded me of the jerk who had a large part in ruining RGP.

#30775 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

My thought, exactly. Frank Furhter's real identity was never confirmed, although we all had our suspicions.

Well, now you went and made it searchable to feed his ego, but he hasn't even posted on RGP in like two years, so maybe he has met some just reward and won't get any jollies.

I always cringed from his .sig tagline, "Once upon my crank her ballpark shrank", which I always thought begged the question, "Why, because it's so small?"

...which is also cringy, my apologies.

#30813 1 year ago

What's roxanne.marquis' problem? He does look "Israel lite"!

3 weeks later
#30918 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m about to be sequestered as a juror in a criminal case. Too bad it’s not for Bobby Mueller

In case it's for an unjust law, read up about Jury Nullification first.

1 month later
#31292 1 year ago

Ironic, how these website shenanigans have been responsible for more man-hours of amusement than all the pinballs deeproot quasi-designed!

2 weeks later
#31384 1 year ago

The word "scam" implies dishonesty.

That makes such an allegation libelous. Tread lightly!

2 months later
#32052 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What is it about innocent until proven guilty that you guys don't understand?

What I don't understand is why it gets misstated all the time. The most important word of the entire concept gets excluded more often than not:

One should never say "He is innocent until proven guilty." If he "is innocent" then he didn't do anything to get proven guilty of!

The correct terminology would be "He is PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty." The presumption of innocence is the whole point of the concept. It is why our legal system puts the burden of proof on the prosecution, instead of making the accused prove their innocence.

But that's about court. No one can tell me there is any chance in hell that he, however temporarily, "is innocent" of making 60 million dollars of other people's money disappear!

I presume that clears things up for everyone?

2 months later
#32290 1 year ago

I don’t recall Bernie Madoff starting a pinball company.

Yes, this was a Ponzi scheme, in that earlier investors were being paid with money from new investors, not from returns on investments.

But why does everything have to be crowbarred into black and white with some people? There is gray here: Blobert very obviously suffered from delusions of grandeur which led him to believe he was going to revolutionize pinball, bring in tons of money, and be able to make everything right in the end. Otherwise, why spend all that money on playing pinball manufacturer? Not to excuse his behavior, but it sounds to me like he bought into some "prosperity gospel" nonsense.

#32292 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m sure the old ladies he stole $60 million from are just tickled pink that he “always intended” to actually make pinball machines.

How insightful.

#32294 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s no shades of gray there.

Yeah, there sure is no shades.

3 months later
#32597 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Stating something as serious as that without factual basis is careless, irresponsible, and could be considered libel. As a side effect, if someone actually believed you, they could potentially retaliate against him for the alleged action.

Did you not see the "or not"? I think he's covered.

#32601 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That was a later edit/addition made after my posts.

Doesn't say it was edited. Did the system behavior change at some point to only mention edits if a reason was given?

Either way, I think he's still covered now.

4 months later
#32829 8 months ago

That must be the "retro" part.

#32834 8 months ago

Speaking of zombies and turtles...

1 month later
#33080 6 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:AIW has already been done

They could always call it ATTLG...

Although, technically, it'd be "TTLGAWAFT", except AIW was technically "AAIW"... Who said pinball was easy?

#33104 6 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I highly doubt it. I also don't believe Mueller will serve any real time, which is a shame, he is a criminal and deserves to be in prison.

Gosh, I hope you are wrong there. Martha Stewart got time for some silly little insider trading, not even to make money but rather to avoid the loss of a paltry $45K.

Blobert (allegedly) made $millions of elderly folks' retirement money vanish into thin air!

#33141 6 months ago

The old saw "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" comes to mind.

I predict that this side of the case will end in the summary judgment the SEC is asking for. With no defense against the actual charges, a chance to convince a jury that he meant no wrong is moot. A jury would be instructed to simply find whether the crime being tried was committed, and the defense isn't even going to say it wasn't?

This is not the sort of situation where a jury can nullify due to a law being unjust. No brainer.

#33166 6 months ago

I thought lawyers were supposed to be intelligent enough to avoid mistakes like "its' motion". How is that pronounced, itses?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=danqverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.