View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

Couldn't care less.

3 months later
#682 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They gambled, they lost, so it goes.

Quoted from Aurich:

Good luck everyone.

... Heh.

1 month later
#770 5 years ago

Ho. Ly. Shit.

.. Wow. They have got to be kidding.

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Stretching my limited brain but I can’t recall JPop ever making a Zidware pitch on Pinside.

True, but if I recall, he put on a lot of 'presentations' at pin conventions.. Like Kulek.

#825 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

When someone buys a deeproot game they have to sign a contract to give it a perfect score on the Pinside ranking system. Further you can never make a post indicating there is anything wrong with said game. That's in the confidentiality agreement.

Wait, how would they find out you didn't? And once you HAVE the game, and posted a non-favorable review, do they come take the game back?

#845 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

But when you hire JPOP I now have a problem. He should not be working in pinball ever again...ever.

Hire JPOP..

AND go online and be completely jack-assery towards and in front of other potential customers.

Honestly, even if JPOOP wasn't hired by them, their attitude on here completely signed me off of buyin' anything from them. Yeah, Customer Service is still a thing.

5 months later
#1713 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Expo deeproot.
[quoted image]

It may be just me, but they ALL look positively depressed.

4 months later
#2450 5 years ago
Quoted from GunsNPinball:

According to a podcast.. we wont see magic girl or Alice in wonderland this year. We might see RAZA sometime in june.. womp womp

So, no "5 days" at TPF this year?

#2454 5 years ago

Ah! I missed that then. Okay!

1 month later
#3053 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If the solution doesn’t outperform the original... don’t do it.

And 'outperform' includes cost, support, and other lifecycle things. Not just 'performance' on how well it works.

1 month later
#3684 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The wait for their new games will not be “years”

Hasn't it already BEEN years?

5 months later
#5718 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Lies.
- "A couple" = 2
- "A few" = 3
- "Some" = 4

"Handful" = 5

#5862 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

No pinball company has ever required "real player" data from pinball shows while in development phase to complete a pinball machine. In house data has been just enough historically.

Er, you must be meaning 'recently', as two of my locations back in the 90's were test locations for Bally/Midway. And we gave them data.

#5885 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

What locations were they? I am interested as I love the history of pinball and we are close in location. We operate more than half the state of WV.

This was back in the 90's, down in Georgia.
Challenges Arcades (both locations at North Point Mall in Alpharetta and Duluth) and Tokens FFC in Acworth, GA.

We were to send them weekly earnings reports, any tech issues that occurred. We weren't allowed to update ROMs unless they told us it was okay. On some games (like WCS, Carnevil) they would send a rep down to go and pull some readings or make changes.

#5889 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

On vids we sent them updates. We had a full arcade redemption center at the Pittsburgh International Airport. I don't remember them ever asking for anything where they were on site for pinball but on MK, Carnevil, Area 51 and Cruis'n they certainly asked for data. If I can find it, we still have forms that they sent with the units to specify data on cruis'n based on time of day. So they wanted data prior to 5 pm and then data post 5 pm.

Yup! I don't have any of those forms now. At Tokens, we had Carnevil and .. a few other games. (I'm not a video person, can't remember which ones. Perhaps an advanced Hydro Thunder?) For Challenges, this was earlier in the decade - my TZ was a test game at this location, as well as WCS, Corvette, TOTAN, CV. At Challenges, they wanted weekend vs weekday reports. Tokens (the FFC) they wanted time of day loike you mentioned.

1 year later
#21560 2 years ago

So I've been out of this thread for over a year now..

What happened with the sledgehammer and the playfields? Are we still waiting on a test of that?

2 weeks later
#24299 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I don’t see how even the best lawyer can get him out of this. The SEC write up is incredibly damning and the fraud blatant. Had the guy simply misled investors about how he was spending the money without enriching himself and while documenting the transfers, maybe he could make a “whocouldaknown” defense. But he bought a condo in Hawaii LATE in the fraud. Its blatant and I don’t know what judge wouldn’t see that.

He's "free" if his lawyer can find loopholes, or incorrect technicalities with the charges.

#24399 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It does look like WYWH! that's from a video called "California" by a band Wax from the 90s

I recognize the Union Pacific Sheild on that door there. That dates it, really.
/geek

#24947 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

This is new: Deeproot may have more trouble filling its (still!) open positions because it appears the company's HR software account may be suspended:
https://deeproot.bamboohr.com/jobs/
[quoted image]
https://deeproot.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=118&source=other
[quoted image]
https://deeproot.bamboohr.com/ reroutes to...
[quoted image]
Whereas some other random company that uses the same software (https://phantomspace.bamboohr.com/) reroutes to:
[quoted image]

For the record, HTTP code 410 translated LS to "Gone". Meaning, page DID exist, but not anymore.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/410

2 months later
#26642 2 years ago

Ever wonder how Robert could so effortlessly pivot to discussions of gold mining in Africa?
Bobby's global investment roots run deep!
[quoted image]
I bet you Libya paid the extra thousand to have jpop assemble light propeller aircrafts in their living room.

"Bank Holdings", coming soon. Hah.

4 months later
#28599 2 years ago

Holy f*ck, I'm offline for almost 3 months, and there's 1500 new posts. Thanks to ya'll for summarizing. I'm glad I didn't really miss any crap.

#28601 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

And about 300 of them from the last 24 hours LOL

Yeah I noticed. Hah.

1 month later
#30439 2 years ago

With the auction stuff presumably hauled out, the good folks at 12621 Silicon Drive are one step closer to (though still $5.6m away from) moving on with their lives.
https://www.crexi.com/properties/452952/texas-12621-silicon-drive
[quoted image]
And they've issued a new offering memorandum from the property, freshly scrubbed of deeproot mentions.
[quoted image]
Another change that caught my eye: multiple details relevant to parties interested in manufacturing.
[quoted image]
As has was posted to this thread previously, Robert signed a lease for his manufacturing facility before determining if it would work for manufacturing (it wouldn't).
Now that we've seen a bunch of the equipment he bought, can more technically-inclined folks speak to whether any of it would have been a no-go given the property's power limitations?

Isn't a "fitness center" without equipment just a room?

2 months later
#31339 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So, what, it's an acrostic?

Maybe the first letter of each of those 20 words..
But that would be a LOT of "P"s.. Heh.

3 weeks later
#31543 1 year ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Did this guy really say "My company is not deeproot 2.0" right after he gave away a RAZA backglass?

I mean, since technically he was a part of that, AND this, it's not all new, so it's deeproot 1.5.

1 year later
#33016 7 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I prefer the turbo encabulator, far better technology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_encabulator

I want to start putting NO-BLO fuses in my pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.