Topic Stats

• 5,371 posts
  • 533 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

oh boy.gif
J-Pop_Hugs (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1075848_o.gif
3251471 (resized).jpg
2C5CC53F-0067-4765-99D7-3CE9103982E1 (resized).jpeg
1EDB4A40-5ACB-43A5-A846-93B1CA11EC50 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
CF0EDC6E-2D5C-41BA-AFAD-274D252536DF (resized).jpeg
4B2A4A78-0960-48A0-A2AC-76F7439E1568 (resized).jpeg
56A94040-8CE2-40DB-AA21-CC271249CAE4 (resized).jpeg
3e66af1798777be6fb9e0df68c1a310b593e2b29_hq (resized).jpg
3fi3yx (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
350 (resized).png
perv.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (1 year ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#687 1 year ago

What was the total price on RAZA? I'm filling out the proof of claim form for Deeproot and I don't know what to put in for the "amount I still owe Zidware" field. Doesn't it only matter how much I've put in thus far?

I paid in $4995, so what do I put in the still owe field?

#690 1 year ago
Quoted from vulture:

RAZA total was $9995, so you would still "owe" $5000.

I knew it was essentially $10K, but didn't remember the exact number. With all the grief I've been through on this ride, I'm not paying a cent more than needed. I'll keep that extra $5 thank you...

#694 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

But If you pay $5 to get to $5000, it gives you significantly more benefit in the deeproot deal if I remember right. Worth it if you're in this deep already, IMO. $5 is nothing.

I was joking, in regards to specifying how much I still "owe" to Zidware (total price of $10K vs $9995).

But you are correct that if I pay in another $5.00 I qualify for a deeproot machine.

#698 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not sure what’s scarier - JPop with a light saber (cattle prod?!?) or the height of his pants.

Or the need for a manzier. Geez...

#721 1 year ago
Quoted from Drano:

I simply entered $0 owing in that field.
Given the wording of the question and the legal at the submission point, I didn't want to state anywhere that I admit to owing anyone anything in relation to this project.
In the only text field provided, I simply stated that, "under the terms of the agreement" JPOP never lived up to his progress timeline so I don't owe him or zidware anything. Easy
Now, to go and dig up years of emails with JPOP and old carbon copies of Canadian bank transfers to zidware.

My situation was pretty cut and dried, email from John stating "You're official" and an electronic check image from my bank. Got the call a day after my submission that I'm accepted.

1 month later
#766 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Sooooo, i am guessing if this wasn't good enough and they are confused and lost with actual real proof, then write an email that's impossible to understand if it was or was not good enough, I for one am really looking forward to see what these guys are actually blowing Stern out of the water with.

I had a copy of an email string with John and an electronic notice of the cashed check from my bank, and I got approved in like 5 minutes. I'm guessing there was a mix-up with you.

2 months later
#1036 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I do not care. If Jpop is on the payroll, I will not support them. If a company emoyed someone who did harm to you, would you support them?

They are employing someone who did harm to me. JPOP screwed me out of my money for RAZA! Deeproot hired him and they are going to give me a free game for my lost money. You're damn right I'm going to support them.

Quoted from Rondogg:

Hiring JPop comes with a lot of baggage. If they offer a serious olive branch to JPops victims, it would go a long way towards putting that mess behind them. If they offer nothing then the deeproot bashing will follow them for a long time...

What's a bigger olive branch than assuming ownership of JPOP's pissed off customers, and giving them a free game?

Other than Pisiders needing something to be pissed about, I just don't get the angst here. If they hired JPOP and said F U to previous owners by asking them to buy one of his new games, I would totally get it. But that's not what they're doing. They're building games without taking money from anyone (whether that's successful or not remains to be seen) and in the process they're giving restitution to the people John screwed over. What the hell is there in that to be upset about?

3 months later
#1693 1 year ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Correction, he played a marginal role on the design team on several top 20 machines and took credit for all the work most of which wasn't even his!

Quoted from Jvspin:

Hard to know what the truth is but judging by his actions on Magic Girl and RAZA, I believe the above.

I'm one of the many that got burned directly by jpop in the Zidware fiasco, so trust me when I say I'm not looking to give him ANY undue credit. However, if he supposedly played such a minute role at Williams, then why do all his games have the same feel and all have identifiable jpop characteristics? I have no doubt that there was serious heavy lifting required by others on the Williams team to keep him reigned in, on task, and to tweak his designs to make them playable (see the pathetic geometry and failed magnet tricks on Magic Girl). We also discovered first hand during Zidware that he tries to take way more credit for the final product than he deserves. That said, to suggest he wasn't the major contributor and influence to the design of some incredibly unique games is revisionist history.

There, I'm done. Please don't make me argue this point...it hurts my soul to take jpop's side in any discussion.

#1786 1 year ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Is anyone actually going to give money to a company who hired a man that stole thousands of dollars from our community?
Are we that myopic and forgetful? Do we actually reward companies for making shit moral decisions like this?

This is such an ironic post. Speaking of being myopic, you're not mentioning that Deeproot has taken on the debt owed to Zidware customers. I'm one of them, and I'm in line to get a "free" Deeproot game. If they had just hired jpop and said F-U to the Zidware people that got screwed, I would agree with you. But they have given an out out to the people John F'd (if you weren't in the lawsuit), and I'm grateful for it. I'm not drinking the Kool-aid, and thus I'm not convinced they can pull this off, but I'm obviously rooting for them. John can piss off as far as I'm concerned, but I'm thankful for what Deeproot is offering to those of us that jpop screwed.

And as far as the debate about how the seminar should have been handled, I REALLY wish people would have booed John when he was announced. If the other designers had been applauded and John was booed, that would have awkwardly sent the message load and clear.

6 months later
#3194 6 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Things like this cardboard AIW, the actual Magic Girl, and in hind-sight 95% of what John showed on the super secret Zidware owner's group emphasizes how badly he needs oversight. I like his old 90s games (as much as some now suggest that doesn't make me a real player). But everything he's done without adult supervision is a hot mess. That AIW looks interesting, but doesn't look like it would shoot any more/better than MG. I'm hopeful that taking his batshit ideas and running them through a reality filter can create magic again.

1 month later
#3873 4 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I hope the DR game is close to this Zidware layout.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've been in on RAZA since Zidware (unfortunately), and god I hope that isn't still the layout. That game has so many bad ideas in it. Who ever thought that giant dead-end ramp was gonna be fun?

The further the design got away from the original BHZA concept (art, theme, layout, toys, etc.) the worse it got. Hopefully DR and the other quality designers provide enough oversight to help re-do RAZA from the ground up. Like everything jpop was working on post-Williams, it's all shiny things and no substance. Is there any real chance that layout would shoot any better than Magic Girl?

2 months later
#4863 63 days ago

Typically I feel people who search someone's old posts and quote everything they've ever said feel like stalkers, but I just couldn't shake the broken record feeling here. Now I know why. Who cares who designed the logo? And *obviously* they are not still planning to "release more games than any other company" this year. Give it a rest dude.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Geez, was this logo made in-house? If so it could be indicative of concerning approaches in other areas.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Was Deeproot’s logo designed in house or by an external agency?

Quoted from jonesjb:

I had posted this question before but never got a response... Was Deeproot’s logo designed in house or by an external agency?

Quoted from jonesjb:

I’ve been away from this thread for a while, but is Deeproot still committed to shipping more pins in 2019 than any other company?
I know there have been delays until November or so, so is the plan for all these different Deeproot pins to hit the market just in time for the holiday season?

Quoted from jonesjb:

Robert is on Pinside, yes? It would be good to hear whether they still plan to launch more games in 2019 than any other manufacturer.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Are they still releasing more pins in 2019 hours than any other manufacturer? I doubt they could meet this target if they only release/reveal their first pin in November 2019. I’d not, has Deeproot clarified this statement? Or walked back on this comment?

Quoted from jonesjb:

Not many more months to release more pins than other manufacturers in 2019, but could be a packed few months. Who knows?

#4895 60 days ago

Maybe all these paintings will inspire Deeproot to do a Bob Ross pinball machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.95
£ 12.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 13.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside