Topic Stats

• 5,068 posts
  • 520 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 162 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 434 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B7FE6E20-91F8-4FDF-92D4-7683F00F093C (resized).jpeg
empty-food-tray (resized).png
vid (resized).jpg
20190925_070340 (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
ohboy (resized).png
IMG_0511 (resized).png
447c8610a3b79442829d783273164d21 (resized).jpg
718b232e66758b55f5386ceaf8dbf0f8c1c8fe4f.jpg (resized).png
47DBD935-7B03-4BF0-B6ED-005843A02EB8 (resized).jpeg
claritinclear01 (resized).jpg
3axwxo (resized).jpg
47313_1_640px (resized).jpg
1816DA01-F79A-4D0A-93A8-149DB76209FA (resized).jpeg
download (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (1 year ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1560 1 year ago

Man has this thread gotten off track!

#1633 1 year ago

this is a fun thread. Everybody just posts random pictures and says silly things!

Here’s mine

The barn door only stayed open as long as it was able run...or run until cow kept rambling over

407A6A37-DDF4-4804-B9C4-7E105183B0D7 (resized).png
1 month later
#2042 10 months ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

That seems like a ton? Does stern even employ that many? If they are spending 750k now imagine how much they'll spend when they actually building machines.

I think they’ve already built thousands of ready-to-sell games and they’re just teasing us.

2 months later
#2435 7 months ago

who’s in for a nature or animal themed pin - maybe woodchucks ?

1 month later
#2659 6 months ago

I‘m rather surprised at all the negativity to the idea of swappable playfields. I guess nobody else has space problems in their game room.

So much of a pinball game would not have to be bought new - cabinet, power supply, speakers, electronic hardware (assuming no node boards), display, etc. Imagine having say four such cabinets and seven or eight playfields. Put in the playfield with a clever mechanism, plug in the game specific flash drive and off you go.

It‘s exactly what this hobby needs.

#2679 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love how people read something like this and then say:
"I can't believe you wouldn't be into a swappable playfield! It makes so much sense! Give me one reason it's a bad idea!!!"
Err...ok...

Actually I‘m kind of still waiting for somebody to give a good reason. All I‘m reading is that people wouldn‘t want it.

#2683 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah you are right. Not a single good reason has been posted stating why it's a bad idea and has consistently failed whenever tried for the past 45 years.
These pinball companies are morons! Been leaving money on the table since Nixon was president!

If you say so !

#2716 6 months ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I was at Barry Oursler's house 2 nights ago, and there is no denying this Wonka hype train!

is that photo from Mr. Oursler‘s house?

1 week later
#2995 5 months ago

The guy who designed Cirqus Voltaire needs to bring out more games. Bring 'em on, please !

#3012 5 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

The code is certainly the biggest disappointment but a casual player is almost always impressed with what people consider the JP big 3

So you‘re saying if somebody likes TOM, TOTAN and/or CV they are at best casual players? That „serious“ players would not be impressed by these games? Nice touch.

#3013 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just send him $15,000 and I'm sure he'll whip something up for you.

Sorry, man, I‘m just not ready to jump on your jpop-haters bandwagon.

1 month later
#3705 4 months ago

Grammar and spelling mistakes are an indication that people can‘t be bothered to proofread their posts.

#3788 3 months ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation notice: Please end the grammar wars. Period.
This is the Deeproot thread... but you're welcome to open a grammar thread in the "off-topic" sub-forum!

and here I was enjoying the discussions on comma placement.

2 months later
#4669 51 days ago

I‘d say a thorough discussion of the Pinside Top 100 is the best way now to keep this thread afloat.

#4679 50 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Like it or not, the top 100 is the most popular part of pinside, and I felt that before the model

Quoted from flynnibus:

And “most popular part of pinsidde”? I can’t think of anyone I know that uses it at all

The top 10 is for sure the first thing that brought me to pinside when I got into pinball. I'd estimate it was at least a year after before I "discovered" the forum and a lot longer after that before I started reading the forum regularly (and even posting).

I think the top100 is probably more accurate than people give it credit for. But mostly it's fun. Like anything in internet, you have to decide for yourself what to take seriously and what not.

#4708 49 days ago
Quoted from dc2010:

In cars for example, modern cars have water based

to my knowledge, no large series car or truck uses water-based clears for exterior. There may be a few aftermarket water-based products.

My theory would be the clearcoat is too thick. This could make the paint more susceptible to cracking under mechanical load.

#4734 47 days ago
Quoted from teekee:

OP Please change the title of this thread from Deeproot Pinball thread to Pinside Nonsense thread... thank you!

it has veered off course a bit

#4756 42 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I once had an app when the iPhone was still new, that was called pimple popper
So satisfying!!!

Are we trying to gross each other out now? There‘s an article in Huffington Post today „if your poop looks like this, you should probably see a doctor“

#4825 39 days ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I haven't seen dimpling on my ping pong table... maybe pinballs should not be steel
and we should be using ping pong balls. (of course, smaller ones)

That could be hard on the back if we have to start nudging the game upwards to influence the bouncing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Cabinet Parts
PinBoltCaps
$ 84.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 199.99
$ 35.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 25.50
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 67.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside