Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1560 5 years ago

Man has this thread gotten off track!

#1633 5 years ago

this is a fun thread. Everybody just posts random pictures and says silly things!

Here’s mine

The barn door only stayed open as long as it was able run...or run until cow kept rambling over

407A6A37-DDF4-4804-B9C4-7E105183B0D7 (resized).png407A6A37-DDF4-4804-B9C4-7E105183B0D7 (resized).png
1 month later
#2042 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

That seems like a ton? Does stern even employ that many? If they are spending 750k now imagine how much they'll spend when they actually building machines.

I think they’ve already built thousands of ready-to-sell games and they’re just teasing us.

2 months later
#2435 5 years ago

who’s in for a nature or animal themed pin - maybe woodchucks ?

1 month later
#2659 5 years ago

I‘m rather surprised at all the negativity to the idea of swappable playfields. I guess nobody else has space problems in their game room.

So much of a pinball game would not have to be bought new - cabinet, power supply, speakers, electronic hardware (assuming no node boards), display, etc. Imagine having say four such cabinets and seven or eight playfields. Put in the playfield with a clever mechanism, plug in the game specific flash drive and off you go.

It‘s exactly what this hobby needs.

#2679 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love how people read something like this and then say:
"I can't believe you wouldn't be into a swappable playfield! It makes so much sense! Give me one reason it's a bad idea!!!"
Err...ok...

Actually I‘m kind of still waiting for somebody to give a good reason. All I‘m reading is that people wouldn‘t want it.

#2683 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah you are right. Not a single good reason has been posted stating why it's a bad idea and has consistently failed whenever tried for the past 45 years.
These pinball companies are morons! Been leaving money on the table since Nixon was president!

If you say so !

#2716 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I was at Barry Oursler's house 2 nights ago, and there is no denying this Wonka hype train!

is that photo from Mr. Oursler‘s house?

1 week later
#2995 4 years ago

The guy who designed Cirqus Voltaire needs to bring out more games. Bring 'em on, please !

#3012 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

The code is certainly the biggest disappointment but a casual player is almost always impressed with what people consider the JP big 3

So you‘re saying if somebody likes TOM, TOTAN and/or CV they are at best casual players? That „serious“ players would not be impressed by these games? Nice touch.

#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just send him $15,000 and I'm sure he'll whip something up for you.

Sorry, man, I‘m just not ready to jump on your jpop-haters bandwagon.

1 month later
#3705 4 years ago

Grammar and spelling mistakes are an indication that people can‘t be bothered to proofread their posts.

#3788 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation notice: Please end the grammar wars. Period.
This is the Deeproot thread... but you're welcome to open a grammar thread in the "off-topic" sub-forum!

and here I was enjoying the discussions on comma placement.

2 months later
#4669 4 years ago

I‘d say a thorough discussion of the Pinside Top 100 is the best way now to keep this thread afloat.

#4679 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Like it or not, the top 100 is the most popular part of pinside, and I felt that before the model

Quoted from flynnibus:

And “most popular part of pinsidde”? I can’t think of anyone I know that uses it at all

The top 10 is for sure the first thing that brought me to pinside when I got into pinball. I'd estimate it was at least a year after before I "discovered" the forum and a lot longer after that before I started reading the forum regularly (and even posting).

I think the top100 is probably more accurate than people give it credit for. But mostly it's fun. Like anything in internet, you have to decide for yourself what to take seriously and what not.

#4708 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

In cars for example, modern cars have water based

to my knowledge, no large series car or truck uses water-based clears for exterior. There may be a few aftermarket water-based products.

My theory would be the clearcoat is too thick. This could make the paint more susceptible to cracking under mechanical load.

#4734 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

OP Please change the title of this thread from Deeproot Pinball thread to Pinside Nonsense thread... thank you!

it has veered off course a bit

#4756 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I once had an app when the iPhone was still new, that was called pimple popper
So satisfying!!!

Are we trying to gross each other out now? There‘s an article in Huffington Post today „if your poop looks like this, you should probably see a doctor“

#4825 4 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I haven't seen dimpling on my ping pong table... maybe pinballs should not be steel
and we should be using ping pong balls. (of course, smaller ones)

That could be hard on the back if we have to start nudging the game upwards to influence the bouncing.

2 months later
#5343 4 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Like I said I didn’t get to stay long enough to see how they were implementing the AR into the pinball machine. But I did get to use some of there prototype AR goggles and they were awesome!

Interesting. So could you actually see the pinball game through the goggles or was the ball movement digitalized and viewed virtually through the goggles ?

#5674 4 years ago

Has anybody had a chance to look under the playfield or backbox? It would be interesting to learn what kind of electronic hardware this game is based on.

#6299 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

I noticed when they popped the playfield

Wow! What did the game look like underneath? I’m so curious. Were there tons of circuit boards and bus cables or was it a “proper” pin with the electronic and driver transistors in the backbox and separate cables for the playfield features?

2 weeks later
#6846 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's the feeling I get every time I check back on this thread.

what are you talking about?? This thread is great!! It’s fun entertainment and a microcosm of the pinside world.

#6863 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What you are completely missing here is that George Gomez knows how to run a successful pinball company and Jpop doesn't.
Gomez knows reality while Jpop knows only bullshit and fairytales.
Gomez can steer a pinball company through turbulent times, Jpop can steer a company only into failure, bankruptcy, and tears.

don’t hold back - tell us what you really think about jpop.

2 weeks later
#7012 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Seems silly for Disney to have spent all that money for Star Wars and Marvel, when all they really needed was RAZA to dominate all media (and they probably could have gotten it for only 10 or 12 billion $).
I'm dumping my Disney stock now before it becomes worthless.

you should probably be giving this great advice in the Stock Market Traders? thread !

#7050 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Deeproot will never make money if the monthly burn is what Robert says it is. The investors are either forced or too dumb to care. Do the math figure out what the burn is and how many games they would have to sell a month just to break even. give them a 2k profit per machine I don't care its virtually impossible. Now add that monthly burn up for their current existence and spread it over say 10,000 machines a year...it's a joke. Msybe they will compete with the big content providers or video game developers etc lol, give me a break they cant even come close to release dates of one machine let alone the amount Robert was spewing off at the mouth. Also how many people have they pissed off that wont even look at a game or support due to negativity he projects on all other pinball companies. I have never seen a business so poorly launched in my life.

If Deeproot fails I’m going to be super pissed because of all the time and effort I’ve put into reading this thread. Is that also your concern?

#7130 4 years ago

Everybody has different priorities/prerequisites when evaluating, selecting and buying a pin. Some people think the cabinet art is super important, others place high value on ease of repair, others still will insist on buying from a company which is financially sound and will be around in 5-10 years time. All are valid.

1 month later
#7500 4 years ago

so are we saying now, that if we don’t have something interesting and insightful to post, we shouldn’t post at all?

3 weeks later
#7786 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I downvoted you complaining about downvotes. Because it’s a broken record and not necessary.

I’m considering downvoting your post because you have downvoted someone who is complaining about downvotes. And I’ll do it if you downvote me for considering to downvote you for downvoting someone who is complaing about downvotes.

3 weeks later
#8108 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The rest of us take the inflammatory statements Robert has made over the last two years as a sign of the poor character the leadership of this company has.

You probably shouldn’t speak for everybody else. I see statements coming from deeproot as a sign of being enthusiastic. This is a good thing. Pinball is in need of some innovation. There are plenty of disturbing statements being made these days - those from deeproot are not among them.

5 months later
#9514 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Avengers came out of nowhere and just blew everybody's shit

That’s quite a graphic image you paint there. I’m trying to imagine a pinball game blowing my shit. Different scenarios do come to mind. Is it strong enough to deform the shit or does it just distribute the smell. In US, there’s a pool of water in the toilet - frequently the shit is under water - it would probably get the floor real wet. Bad scene, that.

Maybe it did, though, blow my shit, I was kind of hyped for a day after the release of pictures, but alas, the wind died down fairly quickly - which is probably a good thing considering the stench.

1 week later
#10002 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

#10,000 for the Win.

sorry, that doesn't count - you did 2 in a row !

1 week later
#12174 3 years ago

I do think the pinbar as described sounds like a bit of overkill. There's probably not enough need for communication between user and game to justify it, at least on games as we know them today. But maybe Deeproot has more surprises in store regarding this. I've often thought it's a shame that pinball games don't have multiple rulesets - you have this enormous wooden box full of mechanical and electronic gizmos and there's only one way to play it more or less. I could see a pinbar opening up new ways to play a game. If I'm not mistaken, Multimorphic has already explored this with some of their games.

1 month later
#13388 3 years ago

I definitely like what I see here. Cool ramp, very interesting ball movements, pops have lots of space around them, cool toys, unusual layout. Colors and graphics are very appealing. I really like the theme. Would go well next to my Cyclone. I will be very curious to learn more about the rules. I want to understand the inner workings, repairabiliy, etc. better. I’d say it‘s been worth the wait.

I guess the jury is still out on the pinbar. Might be overkill, but seeing as more and more household appliances have a touch display, why not on a pinball machine? I‘d rather spend money on that than on a topper or on painted armour.

2 weeks later
#13946 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Deeproot have seen that pinheads love to spend money.
Expensive plastic toppers - that will be a $1000 thank you.
Strip of led lights - bargain at $400 plus.
Pinbar is clever as its conditioning players to buy stuff in the game.
Once credit card details are stored, it's a small jump to the world of DLC.
Pinbar: gateway to your daily dopamine hit

you nailed it - we pinheads are gullible simpletons who need protection from the evil pinball industry!

8 months later
#25147 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Everyone has something to hide; if you don’t, you may or may not be doing life wrong

what are you saying?? - being a mild mannered pinhead doesn‘t cut it anymore?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=branlon8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.