View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobsacamano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8480 3 years ago

It's been a while.

#8482 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Expose what? Deeproot didn’t take any preorder money and actually did quite the opposite...they returned people the money they lost through Zidware!

Anxiously awaiting the 5 Days of Deeproot!

#8489 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

How did you determine the make up of the fund?

I did not. I have zero inside knowledge as to who specifically has invested in the private equity funds.

I will go ahead and remove that, because it could be read as such, and then it will be repeated on a podcast as "BREAKING NEWS".

I was flippantly referring to one sort of investor (pension / retirement plans) that has been known to invest in private equity.

It could be all Bill Gate's money as far as I know.

3 months later
#9049 3 years ago

Deeproot? More like Deepfake.

2 weeks later
#9348 3 years ago

Deeproot has pivoted to a t-shirt company?!

"Armani quality t-shirts at Hanes pricing!"

#9408 3 years ago

Maybe they meant "Kia pricing" literally?

You can get a base model Kia for around $9.5K, cant you?

kia-pride-1 (resized).jpgkia-pride-1 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9746 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

He said between 82-88, and a juggernaut

Money Pit (1986)

money-pit (resized).jpgmoney-pit (resized).jpg
#10187 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Deeproot? More like Deepfake.

#10841 3 years ago

RAZA by deeproot
coming soon:
Christmas 10,000 AD

#11436 3 years ago

How long can a pinball company exist without selling anything?

Is there a current record dr is trying to beat?

What's the list of pins that have shipped since RAZA/BHZA was first announced back in 2013?

1 week later
#11985 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

ben heck is on the latest K podcast.
even if you are not a fan of K. you really should listen as Ben Heck lays it out. he is professional and respectful but speaks the simple truth on jpop, Robert, and deeproot.
its really worth a listen.

Is the opening bumper music "Kitten Jail"?

Because I'm not listening if it isn't...

#12088 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I was just thinking about this as I ran some errands. One of my "lockdown boredom projects" was putting an Android Auto double din touchscreen stereo in my 2006 station wagon. Before I could run my finger across six buttons, feeling them, and change stations. Now I actually have to look at it.

This makes complete sense.

Pinball is high paced action where you lose if you take your eyes off the playfield for too long or your hands off the flipper buttons.

Smashing the middle lockbar button works because it's in your peripheral view and it's a raised physical button. Likewise with the start button, I don't have to hunt or read through a list of touch screen button images to immediately start a new game.

The only benefit of multiple custom virtual buttons in a touchscreen seem to be for minigames which most people don't seem to care for and for a owner/operator menu, which would probably be better implemented as a phone app connectable though Bluetooth or web.

The touchbar is a solution in search of a problem.

#12115 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Your thinking/ scope is too narrow.
Yes your argument is correct, whereas I like the idea to be able to put an additional Magna Save etc. Button that you can activate with your thumb.
But you're thinking pinball as it is NOW.
If Deeproot really releases a pinball with "Choose your own adventure" style RPG elements spanning multiple games (wich would be a good idea to mature games out from the arcade to home use) you can manage your inventory, visit shops or other things to interact with your game.
You're allowed to hate that idea of course.
In addition, altough the touchbar may be overkill, that Stern still uses the Dot Matrix GUI from Baywatch for the systems menu is lackluster beyond belief.

Are buyers clamoring for Skryim the Pinball game?

Building RPG elements into a pinball game is interesting especially for the home buyer who pays nearly $10,000 for one single theme/game. It does seem to add value, in the sense that you could continue from a "saved game" instead of starting a new game everytime you powered it on.

At $100 million, Skyrim was pretty expensive to develop. Maybe Zork the Pinball Adventure is more attainable?

What I personally like about pinball is the speed and flow of the game. I don't see myself being that excited about waiting through long cut-scenes, or wading through endless rows of buttons/options, or my biggest pet peeve in video games... the boss battles where you have to press a sequence of buttons on the controller while it's flashing on the screen (quick time).

To each her own though...

Maybe Guitar Hero the Pinbar game would do as well as Guitar Hero the plastic instrument game?

#12122 3 years ago

Everyone is carrying around a Pinbar(tm) in their pants pocket. What reason is there to bolt one into the BOM of each game other than "oooh flashing lights"?

#12140 3 years ago

Ooooh, how about a pinball machine with a built-in Rockwell hardness tester that can connect to the internet and automatically open a support ticket on the manufacturer's website when it's time to request a new playfield?

#12149 3 years ago

Who's going to build the first adult themed pinball machine?

Deeproot always reminds me of Deepthroat.

#12259 3 years ago

I miss my econobox Dodge Omni.

I'd drive a restored one, but I'm sure they were all scrapped.

unnamed (2) (resized).jpgunnamed (2) (resized).jpg
#12452 3 years ago
50ef81ff8d0720f3aeca037fd5f2218a (resized).jpg50ef81ff8d0720f3aeca037fd5f2218a (resized).jpg
#12633 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man this thread has just trickled down to I don’t care anymore levels

Nothin' lasts forever
and we both know hearts can change.
It's hard to hold a Pinbar™
in the cold November rain.

1 week later
#12892 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Tap the PinBar(tm) to spend your DeepBucks(tm) on this Magical Rubber Duck(tm) in the Retro Atomic Doesn't Contain Any Zombies John Just Wanted to Make a Carnival Game Because He's Obsessed With Python Angelo Who Ironically Hates His Guts Adventureland!"

What is the ratio of Heck Nickels to Deep Bucks?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobsacamano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=bobsacamano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.