Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blue95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28316 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can't imagine what the RAZA game would go for. Probably a small fortune. I imagine a few enthusiasts would want it badly.
$20k? $30k? More?

How much do Magic Girls go for, would have to be at least comparable, but probably a lot more

4 weeks later
#29915 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/barry-oursler-gofundme-please-consider-a-donation/
Barry Ousler had to delay cancer treatments after losing health insurance during the Deeproot disaster.
"Barry passed away on February 21st, 2022. Kathy shared while in the midst of battling cancer in 2021, Barry abruptly lost his income and his health insurance after the Deeproot disaster. The medical bills were no longer covered and his medicare wouldn’t go into affect until February 1st. They put off as much treatment as they could until after February 1st, but the family still endured hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical bills.
On top of the grief of losing a husband, this is an overwhelming amount of debt."
So Robert Mueller and his fraud literally contributed to ending lives.

It's terrible that they cut off people's cancer treatments

#30119 2 years ago
Quoted from IMI4tth3w:

Let me be more specific. There were zero plans to have playfields swap between machines (although I suppose it could be possible with updated game code).
I’m talking about the wire harness specifically. The wires were generic with connectors on each end. One cable for each switch/solenoid/etc that would connect to a sort of “node” board. No game specific harnesses.

Automotive companies seem to do this, they use the same harness for all trim levels of the same car and there's extra little plugs here and there on different models

1 month later
#30995 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think Cornelius is a bit personally
Invested in the Jpop thing since he was also a bit of a victim of one of his many scams, and was once (still is?) enthralled in the “magic” of Jpop; he went to Vegas on his own dime and was duped into enthusiastically shilling for the original foam core box of lights Houdini, which of course just turned into another fiasco within a matter of weeks:
https://www.pinballnews.com/news/americanpinball2.html
I’m not picking a fight with you corny!! Just pointing out to folks A reason why you might still be in camp Jpop. I just don’t think there’s a lot of meat on this bone. Mueller was a criminal and thief from day 1 of the deep root scam, and for once, Jpop was just along for the ride while somebody ELSE was stealing everybody’s money.
I will say you are way off on blueberry Johnson here. He’s not “doxxing” anybody, just reporting on a public story that is publicly unfolding right before all of our eyes. Nobody forced mueller to steal tens of millions of dollars, and while there are many victims in this story he’s not one of them.
Again, I’m not trying to fight with you. I just think it’s unfair to blame someone like BJ for the “Jpop magic” not happening in 2022. He’s just reporting on what happened, the SEC is the one who put this scam down for good, not anybody here. They are the ones who let us know about this, not the other way around. Your anger, as has often happened before, is misplaced. Blame the guy who hasn’t been able to finish a game in 30 years, or the financial criminal who raised your hopes based upon $60 million in fraud and stolen money, not the guy who helped us all piece together what happened after the other shoe had already dropped.
There is no “magic” where Jpop is concerned, and there hasn’t been since about 1997. There are only lies, tears, heartbreak, and victims.

That photo in that report looks like it was taken on one of those cameras they take Bigfoot photos with

2 months later
#31580 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Things Deep Root did besides producing pinball machines:
-Dumb contest to expose Pinside hammer-proof naysayers for a t-shirt
-Flying people around the country to view non-working pinball machines
-planning tex-mex buffet
-interviews. Lots and lots and lots and lots of interviews.
-Producing lots and lots of trailers
-invented the PinPod
Things Turner Root is doing to launch new pinball company:
-dumb month long puzzle mystery contest
-17 minute long interview that doesn't reveal anything important
-RAZA backglass giveaway
-radiating sincerity
We are off to a great start!
Anybody remember when American Pinball just disappeared, hunkered down for a couple months, and announced and produced a pinball machine?

May as well just call it Phoenix pinball

#31626 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

It is, normally you start again with little to no debt.

Just like Zidware 2/Deeproot

1 year later
#33072 6 months ago

There were some random people walking around at Newcastle Pinfest the other week handing those little stickers out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blue95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=blue95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.