Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bazilblast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8923 3 years ago

It's been almost a month since I checked in on this thread . I was going to say things like Steve Bowden , David Thiel , still working there gives me a little bit of Hope , why don't they tease us with something- anything . But all of these things have been said , so there's no point in me posting anything this time

#8934 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Dennis Leary says that you can sell cigarettes in a black pack with skull and crossbones on it and label it Cancer and people would still flock to smoke them.

Skull and crossbones would be cool . Our smokes look like this and there's one with a dead guy on it , one with a fucked up mouth , one a with fucked up foot and an eyeball .

IMG20200816153247 (resized).jpgIMG20200816153247 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#9145 3 years ago

If DR eventually pump out decent games , all of this wait will be forgotten - forgiven , just like jjp .
I wish them all the best , especially for people who have money in this .

1 week later
#9416 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

As I recall, the original “Zombie Apocalypse” pin was going to be 10k on the button back in 2012. So I wouldn’t be stunned to see that price still hold. Though it was a crazy world for pinball back then.

The Aussie dollar got to over a $1.08 in 2012 , the good old days

#9503 3 years ago

I almost forgot what the game looked like .
It's a good-looking machine , I hope they keep the stainless steel .

IMG_20200911_210821 (resized).jpgIMG_20200911_210821 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9809 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe they're making a Michael Jackson pinball.

Trudeau is currently busy not picking up soap , so I don't think he will be available to design it .

#9812 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The common consensus is that MJ was framed, even the kids (back then) say that (now that they're adults).
At least he's innocent until proven guilty.

I love your enthusiasm on this thread DS .
The worldwide common consensus is , he was a paedophile , only his hardcore fans think he's innocent .
With his victims speaking out and what was found in the secret room in Neverland , it's obvious he was a sick fuck .
Don't you think it's weird he never hanged out with little girls , only little boys .
You can enjoy his music if you want but it doesn't mean he's not guilty of horrible crimes , he paid off people

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/03/10-undeniable-facts-about-the-michael-jackson-sexual-abuse-allegations

#9821 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Didn't know of that movie and depending on where you read that stuff up that "undeniable facts" aren't that undeniable.
So I just would take everything with a grain of salt.
But better do a U-turn now and get back to pinball...

If you want to defend someone like that that's up to you .
I don't care how talented he was .

#9842 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I personally would Never defend an Actual ped.

An " Actual ped "
You make me laugh .
Blinded by celebrity .
Go deeproot .

#9844 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge: Yeah back to DR

Hopefully dr will talk more about how you can customise your machine .

#9849 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That's it, we have yet to hear much about that for RAZA... interested to see if it's going to be like Pro/Premium/LE or more like Spooky with "ADD-ONS"tm ? ... two levels? ...
Six levels? Lol

Hopefully they have a list of options and colours and you go through and pick what you want .

#9853 3 years ago

Are they streaming The Launch .
Too late for me I've got to get up early for work .
Guess I will have to go through a few hundred posts tomorrow .

#9993 3 years ago

How many hours to go

#9996 3 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

About six, if the countdown on that page someone linked is correct

It's saying it bit over 6 hours to go but the post was 5 hours ago , I wonder how accurate it all is .

#9997 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

It's saying it bit over 6 hours to go but the post was 5 hours ago , I wonder how accurate it all is .

I'm an idiot , if the video is live , it doesn't matter when it was posted , it is still the time counting down

#10005 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Soon bedtime for u you see nothing nothing today. For me easy in the late afternoon after work.

You're right .
I got sucked in watching U-571 till 1am and had to get up at 5am for work .
Good movie , had to watch it till the end to see who won

#10007 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I don't expect too much today, but wouldn't it be nice if there really is something other than just the Raza. I have pretty much forgot what was shown before but it was not memorable, at least for me. Guess we will see, or not.
Having a real production line with bunches of workers and process that pumps games out like the big one is a very tall order.

It would be good if they did .
After the poor response to Raza at Houston , maybe they thought ( besides their initial comments ) under promise and over deliver and that could explain the extra 7 month delay .
Either way not long till we find out .

#10011 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

10,009 post of nothing...lol
(So where did you see wide display???)

Screenshot_2019-11-24-19-12-55-14 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-11-24-19-12-55-14 (resized).png
#10013 3 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Here is some info I saw on FB today about today’s Deeproot launch.[quoted image]

If all of that is true , a lot of people will be eating their words .

#10019 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not neccesarily. It stands and falls with "games not on the line" (and where is the line?) and their goal to deliver within 2 weeks.
Preorders will at least be more hesistant this way.

The 2-week timeline might have shifted .
Robert is aware of his reputation in this community , I doubt he would reveal all of this and still be months , years away from manufacturing them .
Obviously I don't know , just a gut feeling .

#10036 3 years ago

If Steve Bowden came out and said " relax we've got manufacturing covered " , it would give me a lot of faith .
On the other hand people are willing to wait 2 years for spooky games .

#10046 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

But Spooky has a proven track record and Deeproot does not.

A company has to start from somewhere doesn't it ?
Jjp started with woz and no one knew about them .
Apparently they've got a big 80's licence , lots of reputable people and have spent a lot of money , why do all of that if you're not going to make anything .

#10066 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

there is a lot of history and baggage associated with Deeproot that didn’t exist with other new pinball companies.

Besides taking on Jpop and trying to give his customers something ( otherwise they would have got nothing ) I don't see what deep root has done wrong , besides talking tuff .
I realise as a pinsider I should be hanging shit on them and trying to discourage them at every point but for some reason I would like to be positive and see what new games they have for us .

#10073 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I agree with what your saying but I think there is a difference between being suspect and not being positive. I’m super positive about the launch and hope it all works out and the pins are amazing, but at the same time I’m a bit suspect.

Of course you're allowed to be hopeful but a little bit suspect but a lot of people here are trying to shoot the whole company down before they've even seen anything .
I find weird how everyone here loves pinball but it seems like alot of people are hoping this company fails .

1 week later
#11864 3 years ago

Just saw Cary Hardy's video .
I really like the look of what they have done so far .
I can see what they've been doing with their time .
Only Goonies really interests me at the moment , will have to see what the other titles look like .
If you're going to do original titles do something cool that has footage available , like Pearl Harbour or the Battle of Britain .

#11925 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Someone was able to actually come up with a theme that is potentially more culturally offensive than Fire and Brimstone. Well done!

I knew the PC police would rock up , but it took longer than I thought .
Like it or not , war has been used for " entertainment " since forever , with movies , games , TV shows , books , plays , you name it .
If showing history in a game is now offensive , what about a generic goodies v baddies , trying to take over the world . With animated clips .
You could decide whether to go " The Good Guys " or " the bad guys " .
You could have lots of strategy to see who takes over the world .
Maybe it would be like Fire and Brimstone , just set in the modern world .

#11991 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's not that I'm so PC,

Sorry mate , didn't mean to offend .

Quoted from TreyBo69:

it's just an awful fucking idea to have a WW2 pin with historic footage. That's what you suggested.

I wasn't suggesting you show anyone getting hurt or killed .
There are so many ways you could do it .
Troops marching , tanks firing and rolling over Hills battleships shooting their guns , leaders giving speeches , maps with arrows and spinning newspapers with headlines , ect .

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Now you realize it's awful and are walking it back.

I'm not backing away from the idea at all .
I was just giving alternative ways of doing it .
I think it would be a much better theme and would sell a lot more , than ideas like lunch truck .
Just my opinion .

#12296 3 years ago

Fucken hilarious how this has turned into an 80s car thread , at least now it's more entertaining than sad .

#12310 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think the de-evolution (Dee Eee Vee Oh) of this thread into carguments and 80’s retro BS is just a symptom of how pissed off we are with the DR RAZA reveal.

Nothing new for this thread , over a year ago it turned into a discussion about 80s TV shows . We've got to talk about something why we're waiting for yet another reveal .

IMG_20201004_012001 (resized).jpgIMG_20201004_012001 (resized).jpg

#12338 3 years ago

One 80s American car I would want .

IMG_20201004_041338 (resized).jpgIMG_20201004_041338 (resized).jpg
#12436 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

For me it's still this, made in Australia in the 80's after DeTomaso left the US market....
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
'84 Pantera GT-5. What a way to set up a ball breaking 4V Clevo!!... Innovation, can be putting together existing stuff, in a better way!

My mates neighbour had one , it was pretty sick , it would shake the whole garage .

#12479 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Seeing the video of Steve Bowden hitting the ramp shot a few times in a row was encouraging.

What , seeing a world-class player make a ramp a few times is encouraging ?
Even pinball Adventures , a guy who couldn't make a book , has come out with a pin available to buy .
I've always tried to be positive about them but after their latest debacle , I just don't care anymore .

#12482 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

And yet, you are still in this thread.

Where else am I gonna post about how I feel about Dr , in the Guns N Roses thread which is going off because you'll be able to actually buy a cool pinball machine ?

#12484 3 years ago

I actually want them to go well but if it takes outside people to tell them their product is no good , with all their professional people , it makes me have no confidence in them .

#12487 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

His point was you said you just don’t care anymore.
Why would anyone waste their own time to post in a thread they no longer care about?
Answer...they either do actually care about deeproot being successful and are simply frustrated by all the delays, are a narcissist, or are trolling.
I believe you do care and are simply frustrated with delay after delay like myself. Hopefully all these delays pay off and deeproot gets it “right”.

I guess you're right , I've always wished them the best , look at all my previous posts .
It was the little things that got me about their reveal .
Parts not there , misaligned flippers , broken ramp .
It seemed like they didn't care , so why should I . I'm not getting my hopes up until I see an actual final product that is for sale .

#12558 3 years ago

I almost got sucked in by Dr 'S cool back box , flip up glass and pin bar .
GNR's release reminded me , all I need is a cool theme , a good layout and a great code .

#12562 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I only learned that I need more money!

I'm thinking what I could sell to get a GNR , and they only have a handful of songs that I like .
Only if Dr made something that I felt the same way about .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bazilblast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=bazilblast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.