Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheCapn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5026 4 years ago

Not everyone likes to read - so here is another option.

#5032 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A ten year playfield warranty sounds great, but who do you submit a claim to if deeproot pinball goes under in two or less after you buy a machine?

If a PF lasts two years without defects then that beats the hell out of the current choices that are delivered with defects...

Too soon?

1 month later
#5631 4 years ago

Going only by the images. Curious to see how many speculations are correct. Tomorrow we will know for sure.

#5871 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

As RM stated, a variety of conditions that can not be tested "in house" ... shipping/transport, hundereds of consecutive plays by "green" players, etc. ... as well as the invaluable random public real world feedback/reaction (not pinside).

I would agree that having green players play a game will help with highlighting possible issues. I have worked on games that I felt played great and had no issues, and then one of my kids or a non-skilled player hops on it and makes the ball do things that us more savvy players wouldn't even attempt to shoot. Then I need to bust out the tool box again. A skilled/veteran player will play naturally better than someone that 'plays every once in a while'.

#5878 4 years ago

I haven't seen that ramp shot being successfully made yet either.

1 year later
#17700 3 years ago

Hey guys. Just to be clear on my actions recently with deeproot. Lots of speculation so let me be clear:

I was fine with this company doing it's thing because it wasn't really hurting anyone, but when he took money (when specifically stating in the past he wouldn't) and seems to be failing to deliver - I felt that things needed to be brought more into the light. I understand that some of you have your hopes and that is also fine. It's just extra difficult for me to have faith in deeproot because I was at ground zero - the only other person that sounds to be right there with me is Ben Heck. I had high hopes for this company - I was expecting to be impressed and gitty with info and videos to show everyone. Sadly, this wasn't the case at all. I believe I may be going on Kaneda's show in the future to divulge more, but in the meantime I'm willing to help anyway I can - including with the floor plan some of you have interests in. For instance, the lab manufacturing area was where the video about the Pinpod took place. The recording took place about 20'' to the left of the image posted with the roll up door in the background. This wasn't where they planned to have their ''quad-manufacturing'' located. That was deeper into the facility. The (at that time) floor space for production was approximately 2-3,000 sq ft. with literally nothing but empty harbor freight workbenches (less than 10 of them). (something like this https://www.harborfreight.com/48-in-workbench-with-light-60723.html )

I'm willing to help any way I can, guys. I'll check back here every once in a while. I have been dodging this thread ever since my experience there. lol.

#17712 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What’s the purpose for waiting to divulge more information on Kenada’s podcast?
If you want to help share now....I don’t get the waiting - is this for ratings? If you are here to help please do so now.

Because everyone absorbs information differently. Some do great with the written word - others with audio and/or video. Like I stated earlier I can help here too - just ask the right questions. That is mainly why I may go on his podcast, because the questions I would get asked are some that I wouldn't think of asking myself. I don't surf this site like a lot of people do here. I just so happened to hop on here within 10 mins of you posting this comment. lol. I can help here, but there will be some lag before a response more than likely.

#17730 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

OK, in this too-small area deeper into the facility where they planned to octo-manufacture games but it was still just empty... what were their plans for getting those games onto trucks? Wheel them out the glass doors into the parking lot and hope the truck has a liftgate?

They didn't discuss that detail. But going soley by the layout they would have to bring the finished games into the lab room where the truck roll up door is at. Which means they would have to roll them passed the break area onto a lift elevator that was obviously installed for the purpose of getting items up a floor without using the stairs and it was installed within the last month or they chose not to polish out the construction of that area. Then they would have to roll them through that fab area. Quite a long trek honestly. Although there was a closer glass door exit - but wasn't designed for loading trucks.

#17743 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

<block quote cite="#6226599">Quite a long trek honestly. Although there was a closer glass door exit - but wasn't designed for loading trucks.
Not really a smoking gun considering forklifts exist
Did you see multiples of anything? More than one RAZA, a pile of boxes of the same component (like single board computers)...
Any tools? Solder stations, drills, angle cutter, drill presses... Again in multiples not for prototyping.

When I say glass door exit - I really mean NOT meant for moving big objects (including boxed games and forklifts) through or even around the area. The only place I saw to move fully boxed games with ease would be through the machine shop area.

There was only 2 RAZA's that were visible to us. One from the Houston show and the one everyone has seen via the first leaked image (a polished homebrew of RAZA). The Houston one looked to be parted out (more than likely to get the new version to be presentable). There was a row of covered machines in the same area - they were prototype games and we were not shown what was underneath them (quite a few - maybe 7-10). The cabinets were different sizes, and backbox size was different too. Maybe experimental cabinets they were building or mocks that were further revised over time? There were no boxes of parts. The only 'multiples' of anything I saw were in the machine shop area where it looked like they were making some of the metal parts for the RAZA playfield like the dirt bike ramp flap. They also had their vacuum machine for making their ramps.

#17752 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Those games that you saw that were covered up and made to look like super secret prototypes, were probably just RM's games from this picture.
[quoted image]

No, all those games were in the break area while we were there. We were able to play them during breaks between the tour and filming.

I have marked the provided image to help you guys map the place.

Red Square - the glass doors I mentioned earlier that were an exit - and not ideal for moving machine to and fro.
Green Square - Top of stairs and next to the small lift to raise machines up a story.
Blue Square - Is where the covered cabinets and the two RAZA games were setup. The proposed production area was the next room even further that direction.
The lab/machine shop is located behind that wall where all the pins are lined up.

DP break area (resized).pngDP break area (resized).png
1 month later
#18677 2 years ago

Some of you were lucky enough to have married loving parents growing up. Instead of a parent that would promise to pick you up when you get out of school on Friday so you two could have the weekend to bond, but they never showed up due to some "excuse" - and it shows! lol.

2 months later
#22134 2 years ago

I have been getting a lot of messages today. Understandable. Thought I would inform everyone that the ability to access this data from their website was acknowledged back in December of last year. This was their response when told how it was obtained:

"Thank you for letting us know. We definitely do not intend to show that information. I have passed it on to IT to promptly correct. Thank you!"

Again, December and the website is still vulnerable? I have had this data for months! My intent? Absolutely nothing. I was only obtaining it to counter a possible exaggeration of their sales of the game. Once they announced '122' I glanced at the data and assumed it to be around that amount. Then I forgot all about it. I understand why some of you would feel a violation of privacy, but please understand this wasn't meant to cause harm. I couldn't care less about this data. I forgot I even had it. For you buyers ease of mind there is no financial data available. If there was something like that I would have been a siren to make sure it got fixed, but since the data was very moderate and what I believe to be useless I didn't think to follow up (nor should I have to if they actually had an IT department). The information obtained:

Game #
First Name
Last Name
deeproot login ID (some of use your Pinside ID I noticed)
Email Address
Game Model
Serial # (all serials begin either with RZX or RZA - depending on your purchase)

I'm not releasing this information - it can die with the company. I apologize if this has caused you any worry - hopefully this post can help with your questions.

#22136 2 years ago

Robert isn't listed on any game. There are many vacant spots for game #'s though. Lists the game as "Xtra" or "Arcade" edition, but no buyer info.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Can you tell how many were bought by Robert or other company employees?
How many unique buyers were there? (Since some bought a few)

Robert isn't listed on any game. There are many vacant spots for game #'s though. Lists the game as "Xtra" or "Arcade" edition, but no buyer info.

#22149 2 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Thanks for this.
I'm Alex M, can you tell me what game # I'm not getting?
Hopefully it's #69.
I'm aware I've been screwed at this point. I don't care you have the data, but I'll change my password on other sites that match what I used on theirs cause obviously their security is shit.
Sad about the lost $. There will be no game. Acceptance phase....

You are #32!

1 month later
#25753 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I subbed to Cary Hardy.
Good lord his YouTube thumbnails are atrocious.

That cuts deep, Ben. lol. I will concede that some are bad, but the majority are decent at least.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheCapn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=TheCapn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.