Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SunKing.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2622 5 years ago

Ohhhh DeepRoot. If they are banking their entire platform on swappable playfields - yikes. I'd be worried. But, it now makes sense why they need multiple titles at launch. I guess I should wish them good luck - maybe they'll be awesome - but I can't see this system having a low entry price point.

2 months later
#3901 4 years ago

Also from the article:

"They have their production areas, though they are currently empty for the most part."

1 week later
#4097 4 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I decided to go check out the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo

WooooHoooo!! See ya there!

#4156 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

he was willing to give up his career to point out that some cops are fucking assholes.

I disagree with this, hence the downvote. I believe his career was in the shitter regardless of his political views. He didn't 'give it up' because of his cause.

...but sure, let's get back to the absence of DeepRoot updates.

7 months later
#7719 4 years ago

Unless you have a personal grudge, we all want Deeproot to succeed. Who of us wouldn't want great new pinball machines, with new innovation at below current market prices?

In less than a month, we will see what Deeproot has been promising. We will see if the hype matches the reality. It's been a long buildup to this point. I'm usually a lurker, but have been watching this with piqued interest. <b>There has been a TON of talent and $$ invested in this venture.</b> Honestly, that alone should make us pinball folk happy. But we will have to wait another few days to see if that effort will bear fruit.

My take - I'm excited to see the results, but skeptical, ...very skeptical.

1 month later
#8456 3 years ago

Website is still down. Seems any DNS issues would have resolved by now. Hmmmmm...

4 months later
#10071 3 years ago

I'm here for the announcement/reveal. Like others, I also hope we are pleasantly surprised. That said, I'm somewhat skeptical. If they are not ready to ship and ask for deposits - that's not going to go over too well I assume. Let's hope those deep pockets can last long enough to get some games out the door.

#10766 3 years ago

Well.......that was interesting.

Where's the BEEF!!

#10917 3 years ago

Has it been confirmed that is a touch screen in the lockdown? I’m thinking it may be just another monitor that mirrors the one in the back box. ...or maybe has some different content - but not a touch screen.

#11567 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Soooooo......what exactly goes down at these pinball shows I just got into the hobby and am wondering what I’ll be walking into when they open again ?

Here's a TON of pics I took from 2018 Houston Arcade Expo: http://www.bradberryman.com/HAAG_2018.html

And the 2018 Texas Pinball Festival: http://www.bradberryman.com/TPF_2018.htm

1 month later
#12964 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm sure I missed a few though.

Blinding stadium lighting comes to mind...but still a ‘mike drop’ post O-din.

1 month later
#14123 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

While we did see the manufacturing area and heard an overview of their planned production process, there was no manufacturing or production taking place when we visited.

I’m surprised nobody’s asked more questions about this. Like, was there any manufacturing equipment in this manufacturing area, or was it just a big empty space? Any semblance of a manufacturing line? What was the planned production process? What’s this ‘octo-manufacturing’ I keep hearing about?

IMHO, being able to bring these games to market is the biggest hurdle DeepRoot needs to jump.

#14215 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

good or bad, onward and upward

I’ll drink to that.

1 week later
#14849 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They will get games out the door, that's not the issue.

Really? Seems to me that’s the MAIN issue now.

I like your optimism Ice. ...keep on being nice and maybe Robert will give you that tour after all.

2 months later
#16333 3 years ago

Hey Ice, did RM ever give you the tour of their facilities as you were promised? I think he reneged on that promise when you said said some naughty things. ...if I remember that correctly - let me know if I’m wrong.

1 month later
#17857 2 years ago

Wait. Deeproot is also doing an Alien pin? How”s that gonna work with Pinball Brothers already (re)manufacturing the original Highway Alien. So David has now done audio for TWO Alien pins?

2 weeks later
#18274 2 years ago
Quoted from BladesOfSteel:

If/when Deeproot offers a refund, it will be a positive move that tries to rectify the mistakes made up until now. It shows that they intend to make good on delivering games into the future - otherwise, why spend money on a public relations move if the company doesn't have long term objectives.

To keep from being sued.

1 week later
#18388 2 years ago

I believe it’s officially ‘mid-may’ now. Wonder how long it’ll be ‘till the next update?

#18428 2 years ago

I think skipping any mention of the UL certification is the biggest red flag. If he'd completed that, you know he would have announced it in this update. And if it's not certified, how can you be 100% certain what parts you may need to order...

1 month later
#19336 2 years ago
Quoted from NicerSoul:

Lord, if being a loudmouth asshole on the internet was worthy of punishment, about 90% of Pinside would be underneath the jail.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think your name suits you.

#19365 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Friday night of a holiday weekend. God help us all.

Quoted from Mr68:

the point is moot now.

...that was quick. I was going to post pictures of the fireworks I have for the 4th...

2 weeks later
#20054 2 years ago

Hey Ice - when's your next parking lot drive by? Since everyone was AWOL Friday, I'm curious to know of anybody's back at work this week.

#20058 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If anyone gets a positve COVID test...shuts the whole thing down. Just sayin.

No - remember they're here in Texas. Doubt we will shut down much of anything again unless things get a lot worse. All hospitals in a region need to show that over 15% of all patients are for Covid - that's the (reasonable IMHO) threshold for enacting tighter restrictions here. Here's a map of the various hospital regions.

pasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).png
#20062 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They can't run the floor if they have 2-3 people out...

Yeah, I wouldn't put it past 'em to say something like that.

#20075 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

it is guys like me that HIRE guys like you. I am not pounding my chest, I am handing you a stark reality that levels the playfield

This reminds me of a buddy of mine - we were drunk on 6th street in Austin for Halloween. An officer catches him walking with a beer - asks him nicely to leave it. My drunk buddy belligerently replies with something like "I PAY your salary - you work for me!" Yeah, that didn't end up well for him.

1 week later
#20544 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Exciting it's only part 1

It's one thing when people say RM promised this and RM promised that - but it's a completely new level of cringe (for me) to hear it directly from the man himself. He's full of himself.

TWO WEEKS!! Where've we heard that before?

1 week later
#21464 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

I don't think I've met another pinball player who doesn't also have a pinside account.

MOST of the serious collectors I know in Houston avoid Pinside like the plague.

#21478 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

what guidelines define a "serious" pinball collector

Those with seriously large collections, or who make their living in coin-op. When I got into the hobby back in 2010ish, and started meeting some of these people, I always wondered why most didn’t (and still don’t) post here. Tuns out they have their own ways of communicating outside this forum, and are not interested in the daily drama and personality conflicts that inevitably play out here.

#21695 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Those are business operators, not collectors

It’s a mixture of both. No worries, I didn’t intend on ruffling any feathers with my comment about ‘serious’ collectors - excuse the phrasing if it offends you. I only meant to say that, no - not everyone that is into the hobby posts on Pinside in my personal experience.

I’m poolside enjoying a nice cold beverage with the wife, and wish all my fellow pinball friends the best. I’ve got about 100 posts in this thread to catch up, so forgive me for the diversion. Back to the failure that is Deepoop.

#22063 2 years ago

Here's Paris and Reese. One is an AKC registered German Shepherd, and the other is a rescue pup from the pound. Can you tell which is real and which is fake?

IMG_2276 (resized).JPGIMG_2276 (resized).JPG

I'll give you a clue...

IMG_2276_Dr (resized).JPGIMG_2276_Dr (resized).JPG

2 months later
#26337 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

we will help the planet with electric cars

How's that electricity generated? ...not sure it's really that more 'planet friendly' than just burning good ol' gas once you've factored in the long term cost of lithium batteries, mining of rare minerals needed to produce and near 3mile island type disposal problems once spent.

https://unctad.org/news/developing-countries-pay-environmental-cost-electric-car-batteries

https://www.prageru.com/video/whats-wrong-with-wind-and-solar

Oh, and to keep this on topic - deeproot, RM and Jpoop are thieves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SunKing.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=SunKing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.