View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SLCpunk2113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8202 4 years ago

FWIW I had heard months ago that DR wasn't making payroll at their Utah office. Second hand information so I wouldn't bet all my horses on it but had heard disconcerting info way before Covid. I'm still rooting for them! If they can pull off a launch I will absolutely be purchasing from them.

4 months later
#9262 3 years ago

I can’t understand people who shit on Stern’s build quality. My Iron Maiden has made me $18,000 dollars on location. It’s had over 20k plays. Have I replaced coil stops? Sure. Have I done much else besides cleaning it. Nope. Y’all are a bunch of babies too scared to pull the glass.

#9266 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Love the logic: mine has no issues, so all machines have no issues, and the owners know nothing about pinball repair.

I mean.... that was just one example I can say the same for several other modern Stern games.

2 weeks later
#10093 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My favorite part is how Avengers IQ is now old news, deeproot will be the topic du jour for a couple days, and then it's Guns 'n Roses turn, and then everyone is bored again.

That’s life when it comes to pinball. Always a what’s next whether you’re buying selling or trolling.

#10115 3 years ago

Time for new P!

#10460 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

A real fan stays til the end its my fate.

But... what are you a fan of?

#10477 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

TLDR:
Deeproot shit the bed. Botched launch, postponed with no future date set.

You forgot the part where six pinball “VIPs” got a look at what they were going to reveal and after them absolutely hating what they saw they decided to postpone.

#10493 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I read it as they pointed out some flaws they might want to fix before launching. To me it seems more like whatever new system they've created for holding/lifting/accessing the playfield might not be working as well as they hoped. It seems like they should have done this type of product testing with a real audience more than 2 days before an announced launch.

No way they miss a launch over minor issues. There must have been fundamental flaws with their platform. It’s clear these people don’t understand pinball.

#10977 3 years ago

I’ll buy Goonies if they can make it that far.

#11356 3 years ago

Okay so lose the Pinbar and 4.1 speakers and line price it with Stern: Are you buying a RAZA?

1 week later
#12525 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

GnR makes EVERYTHING look puny.
Stern imho more then Raza, but still Sterns games actually exist.

If anything this release validates Sterns approach. JJP is making stripped down Pro models now. The thing everyone bitches at stern for but charging 2k more for it. I’ll take two stern pro’s for the price of one JJP Bob!

#12527 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Stern NIB buyers don't even judge by the looks, since they buy blindly only by the license.

I’m sure the Deadflip streams sell a lot of pins. Gameplay is always gunna be most important. The Buffalo stream will convince people one way or the other for GnR

#12529 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

6199$ for a Stern Pro vs 6750$ for a JJP GnR Standard equals 2000$ price difference?
You funny man.

I can buy just about any stern pro for 5k right now. And let’s not forget this is an all time low price for JJP.

#12532 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

We all know how Heavy Metal plays and if you like it you buy a Star Wars Home for half the price and for the rest you attend a math class.

What does Heavy Metal, a contract pin, have to do with anything? Should we start talking about Spooky’s Jetsons too?

#12535 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not NIB from Stern.
Stop digging the hole you're sitting in even deeper.

NIB is only something that people who smell their own farts give a shit about. I’d take a Deadpool, IM, JP, or Turtles pro over any JJP SE and pocket 2k. Does that math work for you?

#12536 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Nothing, except you brought Jack up and it is the game Jack is ought to play in 3 days that has to go up against GnR.

Lol stern isn’t putting heavy metal “against” GnR. It’s a contract pin. And we already know what HM is. This isn’t a reveal.

#12539 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It works at least to make a fool of yourself comparing a used game price to a MSRP.

What are used JJP going for? Any at 5k or are they all overpriced still? POTC for under 10k? No? Didn’t think so.

#12541 3 years ago

The cheapest JJP I can find on pinside is a routed WOZ for 6k. Anyway. Wasn’t this a classic car thread?

#12543 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

And how much was that new? Now subtract that Price difference from 6750$ and you might end up with something reasonably compareable.

When WOZ came out Stern pros weren’t $6750. I don’t get how you aren’t understanding this but I’m finished banging my head against the brick wall that is your thick skull.

#12545 3 years ago

Anyway. Deeproot huh? They sure do have egg on their face.

1 month later
#13413 3 years ago

When does the Cary Hardy bash video come out? Or does he only criticize how stern launches/makes games?

2 months later
#15555 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I’m not sure it’s even designed yet, I think it needed to still be innovated some more?

The problem with the pinball industry is that everyone is completely complacent with standard button technology. This industry will die unless people wake up and rethink their relationship with buttons. The future is now and it’s buttonless.

#15573 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I think they will round up and make a total of 500 mixture of Arcade/Xtra editions of RAZA pins.

Lol not a chance.

#15634 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Is there hope that CGC's 4th pin will be RAZAr?

No.

#15638 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Explain why Magic Girl keeps reselling well above 15k.

Explain why Cosmic Carnival doesn’t.

#15640 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Is there hope that game #4 will ever be released ?
Communication from CGC is about the same as DR

CGC is certainly taking their sweet ass time but they are also a huge game manufacturer that pinball isn’t their only focus. There is no danger of if but when and what.

1 week later
#15846 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Pinball dies with the boomers and the confused of GenX like me. We're competing with sooooo many other forms of entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I want it to last for generations. I just feel like it's going to go the way of 1950s cars when older folks died off.

Lol

3 weeks later
#16484 3 years ago

Have you guys watched The Lady And The Dale on HBO. Four episode documentary mini series. Reminds me a lot of Deeproot.

#16547 3 years ago

I wouldn’t mind a touch screen service menu just put it inside the coin door. Problem solved.

#16832 3 years ago

The irony of boomers on pinside saying Viva La Raza without a glimmer of understanding what that phrase means or who it is meant to empower.

3 weeks later
#17554 3 years ago

Allegedly Magnetic Screwdriver is my next band name.

#17580 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Great. MPF is amazing for a dummy like me who just wants to buy random mechs and drunkenly use power tools to make something fun

That’s why it’s called homebrew not homewaterandtakeyourselftooseriously.

#17587 3 years ago

Yeah it’s awesome that anyone is moving this hobby forward in any way other than talking shit on the internet and being wealthy enough to purchase these big giant toys. Hats off to all the passionate people making the hobby better and to you and me, drinking and playing with power tools even though we know we will never be real pinball designers. At least we didn’t kid ourselves into starting a company.

1 week later
#17848 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
It's not over until RM stops threatening to sue people.

Germans?

1 week later
#18124 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What’s in Utah?

Deeproot’s animation studio was in Utah but I thought that was no more.

3 months later
#23318 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Every graduating class of law students has below average students.

This reminds me of one of my favorite jokes: What do you call a med student who graduates at the bottom of their class?

Doctor.

3 weeks later
#25785 2 years ago

Why is this thread not dead yet?

2 months later
#27221 2 years ago

I never saw a reason to choose sides in the P3 vs Fast rivalry but this comment is certainly enlightening.

Quoted from fastpinball:

Gerry, I think this is my first time upvoting one of your posts!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b41e1c39eb6311020f8f0560f3d311b35cece3d2-1638403710-1800"};
//]]>

I completely agree Gerry. It still bothers me that DR is listed under Game Manufacturers....
Vote Sonic Spinball... go fast... w/ FAST!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

3 months later
#28658 2 years ago

Game on the right was supposed to be Goonies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SLCpunk2113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=SLCpunk2113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.