Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11420 3 years ago

I hope these guys make it....they've come up with some great innovations.

#11428 3 years ago

People can say what they want, but the pinbar, and how u lift the play field is bad ass. On traditional games the apron is a total waste of space (ok maybe ok for rule cards, etc). Adding this feature is innovative and my guess will add a lot of value to the game. The other innovative item is how you can lift the glass on the play field. There is no arguing that way its been done for last 50 years isn't ideal. The third item is the pin armor coating, which addresses issues for companies like Stern, and JJP. Not sure its cost effective, but licensing these innovations to other manufacturing companies would be ideal

#11459 3 years ago

My hope is that these guys start pumping out great games with all the new features and technology. For the life of me I can't see any reason to bash these guys. So one employee has a failed venture...shit happens....get over it. If anything they could push other manufacturers to do better....i.e Stern and their shitty play fields.

#11464 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We ALL want them to be successful!
Hope is NOT a thing. It’s show me time
Stern and “shitty pf’s”?
You can take that hammer test and shove it
I love my FUN Stern pins. I’ve bought 4 or 5 in the past 2 years
TMNT is the only one that didn’t make the cut
Why? Don’t like the theme OR Dwight’s code since MunstersLE
Sorry but past performance has consequences for me

Never said they weren't fun. Totally agree they have great themes, designers, coders, and clearly have manufacturing down to a science. Although hard to argue your not rolling the dice when u buy a NIB game from them...show me time? Whats that even mean? They'll show when their ready to show as apparently they have patient money. I'd love to see them license their technology to the other manufacturers...not sure they could absorb the costs, but it would solve a big challenge they have on their hands (actually designing, coding, and making games).

#11469 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Not a dig but license what technology? The lockdown bar? It’s my speculation that the lockdown bar is the reason they delayed the launch. I haven’t touched one but it looks painful in its current state.

I think the PinBar is a great idea (who wouldn't want more real time information during game play), cabinet design, and play field coating .... this of course assumes they perform.

#11470 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I think people would've felt better about the "failed venture" if they thought JPop used their money responsibly, honestly trying to make their games. Instead, it seemed as though he spent his time (and their money) developing pinball parts that he could patent.

Listen I don't know the guy nor all the details, but what does this have to do with Deep root? Because they hired the guy as an employee their now a bad company....thats ridiculous

#11472 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I haven’t heard anyone say that Deeproot is a “bad company” because of JPop...except you I suppose.

Funny

#11554 3 years ago

My guess is there is no issue with the lockdown bar.....they have way too many experienced pinball designers to make a mistake like that. I love the direction their going. Its a great idea to put game information on that lockdown bar. Its a lot easier to than looking up at the screen or even a small display located somewhere else on the play field. Now the question is can they actually make games, and at what price point.

#11557 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Do they feel free to speak their minds without fear of repercussions?

A safe assumption is YES....if the bar was slicing up hands clearly they would go in another direction....the cabinet, a pinBar are great innovations. I'm excited to see if they can actually make some games.

#11563 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

No one thinks it's literally slicing hands. Just uncomfortable (or even painful) to play if you do any amount of nudging.

Have u played it? Before jumping to a bunch of negative conclusions I would wait and see if its an issue....my guess is it is not, but only time will tell. This and the cabinet redesign are great innovations for pinball collectors that are not stuck in a time warp.

#11618 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The backbox is literally a retro look....one that reminds me of those retro jukeboxes that you buy at Walmart that have dock for your smartphone. So who is in the time warp?

I wasn't commenting on the back box. I was saying that their cabinet design is pretty slick. Having the ability to access the play field without removing the glass is a great idea.

#11803 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

A good percentage of their marketing bullets are already implemented and deployed and being used by our customers today. There's not too much innovation in networking features, data collection/analysis, coding/configuration frameworks. The trick is always figuring out how best to use them to create a fun, enriched experience for those who want more than what traditional pinball gives them.
If somebody spends millions of dollars and years of dev time and delivers a fantastic, complete experience that's loved by everybody, I'll offer my congrats. I think it makes sense to get machines out, then enhance the ecosystem with more and more features as you learn what your customers connect with and what they don't, and then invest in what works and disregard what doesn't.
If anybody else has $30M they want to invest in an enriched pinball experience... yeesh... call me. Look what we've done with less than $1M.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

$30M .... where did u get that number?

#11978 3 years ago

I think this game looks awesome...I'm hoping these guys start pumping games out soon...hopefully MSRP will be in the $7K range. I think the PinBar is a great idea...jury is still out on that back box design

#12002 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I doubt $7k is going to cover it. Both the touch screen and back box display are custom dimensions. And since it doesn’t appear that the ‘pinbar’ is optional, my guess would be a couple grand north of that at least.

You might be right, but if u are they are DOA .... without a great branded theme they have almost zero chance of selling many games at $9K.

#12187 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've sold hundreds of games to first-time buyers. That's not how it works.
People come in to the showroom with their kids and they play the games. They play a few games, narrow down their interest, and buy the one they like/fits their budget.
They almost NEVER have any interest in going "under the hood." In fact, dazzling them with hydraulic struts and service menus is likely to frighten them away from a pinball purchase; the last thing you want to emphasize is the complexity of the machine and the potential service involved.
That's why you don't see see any of this stuff on stern or JJP flyers. They want to emphasize that pinball is fun. Not that you may have to open it up or noodle around in menus.
And why would a salesman have a "JJP and a Stern side by side?" like that, touting one over the other? Again, doesn't work that way. The right game is whichever one the customer likes. If I have a WOZ and a Transformers next to each other, and the customer is gravitating to the Transformers, why would I make a case that, no you don't want that, check out this sexy JJP service menu?
And trust me, ops and distributors give ZERO fucks about any of this bullshit. They could not care less. They just want to sell pinball machines and see money in the coin box.

This makes all the sense in the world to a first time buyer....its all about theme, looks, game play, lights, etc.... experienced buyers are the only ones who really care about looking under under the hood let alone the information on the back box

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.