Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1102 5 years ago

I wish Deeproot the best of success, as I do all new and existing pinball companies, because I love pinball and want it to thrive and succeed.

I am also a Jpop plaintiff and didn't go for the Deeproot offer, as it didn't amount to much, there was nothing legally binding in it that was helpful, and as a point of principle I want to see the Jpop case through to the end, even if it takes 10 years. Already that case has achieved a lot, and for pinball it puts a useful legal line in the sand.

Finally, I view pinball purchases quite simply now- I'll pay in full when the machine is about to ship, with maybe a small amount as deposit first. Beyond that, no more BS. We have surely seen it all in the last 6 years, and that's quite enough of that, thanks.

8 months later
#2806 4 years ago

If RAZA and MG are made, or anything else using Jpop IP that was paid for by his Zidware customers, I hope DR reimburse these customers. If they do, more power to DR.

2 months later
#3865 4 years ago

I wish Deep Pockets the best, genuinely. With their multi-format approach, however, I fear the pinball 'division' may be found to be the least profitable and ditched a la Pinball 2000. Personally, I don't think the world needs more screen-based games, but they are easier to make...

1 year later
#12684 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

The crazy thing...almost every decision deeproot has made for these last several years was completely boneheaded. Usually companies have a mix of good and bad, but this was like out of a Monty Python skit.

"Is this the right thread for an argument?"
"I've told you once".

1 month later
#13596 3 years ago

Learnings-

General: Don't buy a Net-connected pin.
Specific: Avoid Deeproot. More like a deep rogering...

#13600 3 years ago

You can buy modded consoles, everdrives etc with every game ever made for that console. And that's Sony and Microsoft consoles, not Mr Amateur Hour. Yes, this will be hacked, haha.

But as for Net-connected- fairly pointless. If I update that way, fine. I'll add pin wifi to my other 1,000 wifi-enabled devices. However, what I won't do with pinball wifi is pay a subscription. Deeproot clearly craves the subscription model, as you'd expect from a predatory shark. But this fish doesn't intend to be eaten.

#13704 3 years ago

Deeproot is amusing. It's like- how not to make pinball, and how not to do PR. And charging a satellite subscription amount of dough for... what? Priceless

On another matter (albeit predatory shark-related), how much stolen IP is visible in RAZA? Maybe Deeproot can pay royalties back to Jpop victims, as the former is apparently so keen on the subscription model? $100 per month per victim forever would seem fair. Plus interest and legal fees, obviously.

#13749 3 years ago

But guys, Jpop is part of this team. What could possibly go wrong?

3 weeks later
#14875 3 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

"Look, we know our head designer took thousands of dollars from you, buried it in a hole, and set it on fire. We're very, very sorry about that. We promise that nothing like that will ever happen again. Now, please give us thousands of dollars and sign this contract stating that if we DO bury your money in a hole and set it on fire, that you have no legal recourse. Also, please ignore the giant hole we're digging back there. And the cans of gasoline."

I'm probably not going to pre-order RAZA a second time, but the indemnity agreement, online requirement and DLC subscription are beginning to make this pinball machine, and indeed DR, look rather silly. Who would be willing to buy a pin under these constraints?

I would also question the legality of an agreement that is, presumably, designed to remove your consumer rights when making a purchase. In the UK, such an agreement would be ignored in court as it is illegal under the Consumer Rights Act 2015:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

I don't know what the US equivalent Act is, but I'd be fascinated in a legal analysis of the 'indemnity agreement'. It seems fallacious to me. It is also yet another PR disaster from this start-up (or is that up-start?) company.

#14880 3 years ago

The 'lifetime reverse warranty' is yet another red flag, I guess. Thank goodness they don't make cars.

And if you stop subscribing and/or stop being connected to the Internet, will it stop working?

#14883 3 years ago

I suspect the answer is- no, but they'd like you to think so.

8 months later
#23843 2 years ago

As someone who was conned by Jpop for RAZA and MG the first time round, I just want to offer my condolences and best wishes to everyone ripped off by Deeproot. It's been so sad to read about all this

#23846 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

It's why many thought he was the artist for so long and probably why some are still so infatuated with him making new games.

Absolutely. It's the artwork that sold me on MG, and so typical that Jpop faked it as his. Even his letters had doodles that weren't drawn by him, and not only did he not include attributions to the actual artist(s), but he signed it himself! Behaviour of a serial liar and con artist, I guess. And of course plagiarist, which also applies to many of his mechanistic 'inventions', which he just ripped off previous machines.

#23958 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Live look at Robturd running out of people to milk. Coincidentally the same thing he will be doing to his prison husband.
[quoted image]

He's already got the prison haircut, albeit with a bit more gel.

#24058 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The zidwarepinball.com website is still up. It lists an email CONtact as well. I wonder if JPop is getting those emails?

As both Jpop and Zidware have declared bankruptcy, shouldn't the company and website now be dissolved?

#24409 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Robert buying Pinball Life would have hurt.
Was that an attempt at 'revenge' because Spooky and Gerry blew him off?

Thank God he didn't buy Spooky, Pinball Life etc, because they would now be subsumed into the SEC case and be dissolved as assets, thereby lost to the pinball community

This is how dangerous alleged fraudsters like Dilbert, I mean Robert, are, and pinball is already a tiny industry, so doesn't need to be made even smaller by predatory sharks like him.

#24410 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Reminded me of a classic show
[quoted image]

Yes, I see a lot of similarities of RM with the amoral, decadent, womanizing CEO's son (who inherits the company) in IT Crowd. Matt Berry rocks.

"Matt Berry as Douglas Reynholm (series 2 recurring, 3–4, special main cast), Denholm's womanising son, who inherits Reynholm Industries in series 2 when his father jumps out of a window."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_IT_Crowd

cb89e3e6a3075d2c5f17d2daca81626a (resized).pngcb89e3e6a3075d2c5f17d2daca81626a (resized).pngposter,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2 (resized).jpgposter,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2 (resized).jpg
#25034 2 years ago

The Greatest Man In The World!

#25092 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

One of the best damn clips to come out that country, which has provided countless amazing clips! We screamed "NO" back when we watched the show. He was so good. Little did we know what was coming with his son. Damn these electric sex pants.

I've worked with a few scummy hedge fund types, and that narcissistic sociopathic over-sexed macho sort is well observed in IT Crowd

Relevant to Deeproot, whose very company name is a penetrative sexual innuendo? Who could possibly know...

#25363 2 years ago

Another article, this one talking about RAZA more than most. Based on the photo, a lot of people are going to think Dredd is RAZA!

https://www.expressnews.com/business/local/article/SEC-San-Antonio-lawyer-investment-funds-Deeproot-16429262.php

#25576 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

We also have the hottest prime minister, please don't forget that

Apologies in advance for this

(I'd prefer Finland to the UK though, to be fair!).

#25586 2 years ago

Deeproot needed more honesty and less law breakers. Instead, it was probably, and allegedly, the most criminal pinball company the world has ever seen.

2 months later
#26903 2 years ago

Right at the start of DR, the willingness to steal Magic Girl, RAZA and other IP from the 'investors' who were conned by Jpop was a huge red flag for me i.e. no moral compass and crooks.

#27002 2 years ago

It can't be Jpop, as it's not made out of paper and dreams.

1 month later
#27811 2 years ago

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2022/01/03/the-week-in-bankruptcies-deeproot-575-fund-llc-deeproot-growth-runs-deep-fund-ll.html

There are a lot (9) of failed Deeproot companies, including:

"deeproot Pinball LLC filed for voluntary Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection December 9, 2021, in the Western District of Texas. The debtor listed an address of 12621 Silicon Dr., San Antonio, and is represented in court by attorney Catherine A. Curtis. deeproot Pinball LLC listed assets ranging from $0 to $50,000 and debts ranging from $500,001 to $1,000,000. The filing did not identify a largest creditor".

2 months later
#28800 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've got a bridge to sell that's ripe for the investor market. It's in Brooklyn. You can't go wrong here. Opportunity of a lifetime!

Ooh, can I sell London Bridge to him too? And there's a secret passage into a disused Tube station where Q tests Bond equipment. Everything must go! It looks empty but that's invisible cars for you.

4 weeks later
#30336 2 years ago

"Can you point at Mr Popadiuk"
"Yes, that is him. Sad face".

3 months later
#31679 1 year ago

New company name- Recidivist Pinball.

3 weeks later
#31931 1 year ago

I agree with the posts- DR should have made one game. I feel the same about HP- instead of zero interest Full Throttle, they should have focused like a laser beam on one title- Alien.

Get some sales, make some money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=Pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.