• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NevadaNutJob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8556 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Good news is on the way!

Wishful thinking or is this a scoop ?

1 month later
#8815 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

This is probably irrelevant, but does this seem odd to anyone else?
From the deeproot funds website:
Phone
Please call us toll-free at (888) 316-2935. Extensions include:
Opt 1 – Fund Customer Service
Opt 2 – Sales
Opt 3 – deeproot Pinball
Opt 4 – Broker, Advisor, or Representative
Opt 5 – Executive Offices
Deeproot pinball doesn't have their own phone number?

Straw business . There’s nothing there

1 month later
#9136 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Rip Van Winkle is their first pin...

That’s a code name . Confirmed - Captain America is on the line and will be the first release !

Sorry - just having fun

#9139 3 years ago

In the blown up pic you can clearly make out a dark birds head in a macabre style . The next release will be Edgar Allen Poe’s The Raven . Case solved

#9409 3 years ago

Whether the game is good or not ( or whether it actually gets released for that matter ) I’m amazed at how many bitch about a shot that has to made w/o trapping up . Seems like the ability to shoot a moving ball would be a basic and necessary skill in a physics game like pinball . If it’s released I can’t wait to give it a try - you know - like all newly released pins .

#9411 3 years ago

You’re probably right . It’s best to condemn a pin you’ve never played or seen in person . Waiting is for suckers

#9418 3 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Price this sucker at $3500-4500!

Ohhhhhhhh yeaaahhhh !

#9421 3 years ago

If RAZA is 10 - 12 k I predict deeproot goes under . No way an unproven company who’s never produced a game , has missed release of their first by a couple years , bragged about offering value to the market , and releases during a flood of exciting new pins , - manages to sell many at the highest price point of any manufacturer ( whose machines , hardware , & software are a proven commodity by the way ) . That’s just silly .

#9607 3 years ago

Discounting the extra 1000 ( ? Probably more ) EXTRA games stern produces a year on top of their three cornerstone titles is silly . It’s thatmany more games a year they churn out . In other words - on top top of their three tier cornerstone games they also have the capacity to double all other manufacturers output just in extra boutique games . They are a manufacturing juggernaut. I like other pins as well and want all other companies to succeed but any argument saying some of what one company produces doesn’t count is just silly .

#9734 3 years ago

Thank god none of you guys are in charge of picking pin themes for production - none of that stuff sounds good .

#10258 3 years ago

On a different note - ‘Holy Shit Ballz’ would Be an excellent name for a rock band!

#11756 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Imagine DR at a bar trying to play it cool and impress the ladies. But then oops,
[quoted image]
... out comes every feature and idea for the next ten years and none of it done. Load blown and they haven’t even left the bar yet.
I want them to be successful but they really need to work on their pickup. Putting all their cards on the table like this, much of it unimplemented ideas feels like desperation to me. Why talk so much talk like all future games they will work on and have nothing to show? Not cool. And you can never go back once all this info is out.

It’s unfortunate, but this ^^^. I’m not saying they can’t recover but not even having a working proto after letting people play one 8 ( ? ) months ago and then blurting out every thought they ever had ........? Not looking good for these amateurs .

#11758 3 years ago

Probably just a matter of time before all the electronics are in the lower cab and the “backbox” is nothing more than an appropriately sized monitor on hinged , fold down bracket

#11897 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Does the thermostat on your wall at home have a temperature number or do you just add more wood still? Pretty basic technology for those that can accept change. Lol

I actually just add more wood . It doesn’t seem to be a problem .

#12041 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I contacted Pinball Armor a couple of years back about their pinball covers. They don't make their pinball covers any longer because no one bought them. That was even with Stern marketing a Stern branded version.
They put me on a list, and if the list grew enough they'd see if they could do a run. I never heard from them again.
edit: Here's a link to their sales PDF. You can bet their armor cost less and can be stored more easily, and still no one bought it.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/PinballArmorFlyer_102413.pdf

I had never seen that but really like it . That would be perfect for going to get a game you’re buying or taking your machine to a show ! Not sure how much I’d spend on it but I like it .

#12265 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

WOW... over 12,000 posts. This thread has taken a new low!
Deep Root just show us a great playing RAZA that can be purchased ASAP!
Thank You!

They would , but it doesn’t exist yet . From the sounds of it - it never will unless they con another manufacturer into building it for them .

#12604 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What does deeproot have left to "reveal"? They've blown their load.

A working , playable proto . Not for sale mind you , because they’re only able to produce one or two . But it would be nice to see a finished , operable proof of concept even if they can’t build them .

#12613 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

They are probably up to 6 or 7 free titles of their choice now.

Lol ! “ so Mr Jones , we now owe you 5 machines . So of the many concepts we’ve imagininged and the one and only individual working prototype machine we have ..... do you want it ? “

#12718 3 years ago

If this is DR related they would be foolish not to release a full size model as well . This is a good price point to get casuals to buy it , just like a One Up . So if this is an unrelated toy company - Bravo ! If they are related to a parent or sister pin company they need a full size model to usher customers towards their primary and most expensive products - pinball machines .

#12813 3 years ago

Buffering ........

#12901 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Time to add RADCAZJJWMCGBHOWPAWIHHGA to the Pinside game acronym database....

Or maybe we can abbreviate the acronym to something .....
Maybe this ? CLSTRFCK

1 week later
#12970 3 years ago

The thumbnail on my phone only showed Simon & Garfunkel before I hit the play button . I was expecting bridge over troubled water but this works equally well .

#13082 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

There once was a man from the south
Adept at running his mouth
Five days, then five years
His funds disappeared
Even deep roots dry up in a drought

You sir win the internet today. Well done !

2 weeks later
#13428 3 years ago

The lightning art that was previously more of a white stripe or something on the corner of the wrap around backbox makes no sense . I kills the whole point and turns the wrap around into separate side art even if it’s a continuation of the image . Makes no sense . Other than that the game physically looks great . Looking forward to playing it !

#13505 3 years ago

I personally love the theme and at 5k would be a buyer of the base model IF I knew I’d eventually be able to play the completed game and all modes for that price . If seeing all modes is dependent on a subscription DR just lost a potential customer .

#13506 3 years ago

Also , if people pay for this subscription you can expect to start paying for all code updates from all manufacturers . No business is gonna continue to give away what competitors charge for and profit mightily from .

#13509 3 years ago

There’s a price disparity now but ;
1) it’s not a one time $50 fee it’s $50 a month with a one year minimum.
There are no guarantees that the game is complete within a year .
2) the document said the xe or extra will be 9500 - also without complete code that you must pay to obtain .

3) don’t think for a minute their business model is to remain the cheapest guy on the block while they’re telling us they believe their product is the Ferrari of the industry .

It’s just a business model I can’t support . To each his own

#13793 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is so ass backwards. Give us a product that’s good enough to stand on its own so we don’t need to subscribe.

Fify

1 week later
#14315 3 years ago

Not saying I believe in their “ we’ll manufacture your home brew “ model but if the guy doing the Star Trek discovery goes this route I’m in !

1 week later
#14772 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I know this is getting WAY ahead of ourselves but, if deeproot were to someday make another rock band pin after The Who, what would it be?
My vote...PanterA!!! And they were from deeproot’s home state of Texas!
Can you imagine the energy during “F*cking Hostile” multiball?...”one, two, three, four!”
I realize this is a pipe dream and will never happen...oh well. What say you?

Not sure I want DR to build it but if we’re talking Texas bands I vote ZZ Top with the eliminator car or afterburner car/rocket in the backglass and - to me - the best sound track in all of pinball !

#14774 3 years ago

I’m totally lost on all the love for Goonies as a game . It may or may not be fun to play but definitely not a theme I would consider buying .

#14942 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Santas elves making the games is plausible. It would keep the workshop going after Christmas, but I think Jpop and Robert might be on the naughty list.
Don't know if Santa is keen with taking any partnerships or work from folks on the naughty list.

Well , if you watched Fatman then you know Santa needs the money - he’d probably take this on as long as RM didn’t want to bury him in prohibitive liability contracts .

1 month later
#15654 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

It is really easy to armchair quarterback this stuff, but decision after decision after decision is just baffling. They arent required to explain it to me or anyone else for that matter but it just leaves you searching for answers. For a new manufacturer why would you not 1) put RAZA in locations in several places that are still open and let people learn how good it is. Led Zepplin I think has benefited from multiple streaming events from its initial reception. 2) run game ordering for a year, I mean what the hell do you have to lose other than recouping some of your initial investment. What company says you have 30 days to order our machine from and unproven manufacturer or it disappears and you can pay another $5K more. 3) pull in the key opinion leaders and either pay them or at least offer them to do reviews on it.
So why wouldn’t you do any of this ? The only reason I can come up with is either a) you are trying to become the next Supreme or b) you know you have a dog, DOA on your hands and you want to bury it as soon as possible. If that’s true you should have moved one of your other games to the front of the line and led with that first. Even with 130 games out there if it’s a dog you are gonna have a hard time living that down. And if it’s not a dog, boy you left lots of money on the table.

I want one but this is pretty hard to argue with .

#15720 3 years ago

Actually - as we near the actual ship date the pre-order price goes up commensurate to the then 9k & 13k cost to buy from DR . Better up your game if you want one while it’s cheap .

1 month later
#17181 2 years ago

I still don’t get why Goonies is a license you’d want . Zero interest

2 weeks later
#17690 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

No context needed... Weird Al had some words on this subject.

Damn , I didn’t know weird Al was into pinball . He obviously wrote that song specifically to troll DR / RM

1 month later
#18900 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I think there are mostly realists, not haters here. And a lot of blind optimists in the pre order thread.

I don’t believe they’re blind - just optimists . They know the risks .

#19076 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

All these edgelord jokes may inspire Pinball Adventures to reconsider Punny Factory…
In my day these jokes were about dead babies, not dead hookers. Exact same setups and punchlines, which makes some really worse
What’s the difference between X and a cheeseburger? I don’t have sex with a cheeseburger before eating it.

Quoted from spfxted:

Party's gettin' bigger!!
[quoted image]

Hey , how many dead hookers does a guy gotta bring to get an invite ?

1 month later
#20309 2 years ago

We all wanted a game but instead they just kept dangling the carrot - you know - the deep root vegetable ...

#20325 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Among the unrivaled litany of funny dumb things about deeproot, I just realized one that somehow has slipped by for ridicule thus far: Boobs

You sonuvabitch , I’m in !

2 weeks later
#21303 2 years ago

He also said he would make all past preorders whole but instead seems like he stuck it to an additional 120ish EA’s

#21304 2 years ago

To be clear , this obviously wasn’t a scam - I believe he had good intentions . DR is just the definitive example of gross incompetence.

#22021 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

This is Sari the killer rabbit. Watch your back, Robert!
[quoted image]

This Rorschach rabbit LOOKS murderous !

2 months later
#26363 2 years ago

It was more incompetence than intentional scam . Intent matters to me in the final judgement - many will disagree . That’s okay .

#26367 2 years ago

I’m not saying punishment isn’t warranted . But RM believed all along ( naively) that pinball machines would somehow magically flow from his “factory” eventually . You don’t invest millions , rent facilities , hire loads of talent , and build and improve prototypes to scam a few hundred thousand . There absolutely need to be consequences but this was not a planned scam .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NevadaNutJob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=NevadaNutJob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.