Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MapleSyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

you know, i was feeling shitty today. a good laugh is so healthy for you. I'm pissing myself looking at these pics, even though I made them.

Perhaps my favourite Pinside posts of all time. So great.

7 months later
#1746 5 years ago

JPOP is totally happy. He’s around a group of people who think he’s a bumbling genius again. A bad business man, but a revolutionary pinball designer... despite all evidence to the contrary.

Nobody is going to give him any shit in person, because they’re too busy trying to get their TOTAN back Tattoo signed by the guy who had nothing to do with the art.

I REALLY hope the Derproot story has a happy ending. Unfortunately, Robert has talked a lot of gobbledygook, and corporate nonsense that simply doesn’t fly when it comes to hard manufacturing. As frolic said... we’ve seen this movie before. Dutch were going to do it better. Heighway were going to do it better. Everybody said Stern was a dinosaur that didn’t understand the market... hows that working out for them?!

I don’t know Robert, and I wish him zero ill will... but he sounds like a wealthy Foodie that has decided to buy prime real estate and open the City’s “hottest new Eatery” while knowing nothing about running a restaurant. It’s not just money.

Yes, that’s a restaurantgument!

He was a new collector, and drank the JPOP Koolade. He has thrown money hand over fist at the newest attempt to make pinball. I hope it works out. I really do. There are a lot of good people involved.

IF it works out, and we get new and fun pinball, all this nonsense will fade. I just wish they had delivered something... anything... before talking about how revolutionary they were.

But I’m just an idiot on a Pinball Forum!

1 year later
#9271 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Over/under on RAZA price versus avengers premium?

Over/Under on RAZA Reality vs Avengers Premium?

2 weeks later
#10213 3 years ago

deeproot making no announcements today will disappoint almost nobody. There are a HANDFUL of hardcore pinball nerds (Myself included) who are eager to hear this news... The Other 7.8 Billion people on the planet DO NOT CARE.

"You're wasting my time"??!! Dude, we're on a Pinball Forum. We're wasting our own time!! We don't need deeproot's help!

Bottom line is, the "Magic" IS production. It's just smoke and mirrors until they're coming off the line.

#10806 3 years ago

I've seen a couple of people say the wraparound translite is cool. Even the inimitable Benjamin Heckendorn seemed to like that light-years-from-the-present futuristic innovation... What??!!! Put your glasses back on benheck et al!

What exactly is the point of a wraparound Translite if you're going to treat it EXACTLY as you would a traditional Translite?!?

Instead of a Wood Panel breaking up the Futuristic Art Innovation, there is a vertical line of Lightning up bth sides of the front image, and then a totally disconnected image on the side of the head... ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE A TRADITIONAL PINBALL HEAD!!!

There COULD be a cool opportunity for forced perspective here, or perhaps art that actually wraps around, and incorporates the sides... This is a joke.

I have no Ill Will towards deeproot... Well, OK, that's not entirely true. I think Robert's shit talking and hubris created a ton of ill will, but I was willing to give all that a pass if they brought cool pins to market.

As it stands, I feel terrible for Steve Bowden... truly one of the nicest dudes in all of pinball. I feel bad for anybody who was anticipating being made whole by deeproot. This particular Shitshow is far from over. You can stick a fork in it if you like, but it will just keep smouldering for years!

#11448 3 years ago

Deeproot are on track to release less pinball machines this year than any pinball company in History.

6 months later
#17518 3 years ago

Well... The 5 Days of Deeproot were pretty cool!

3 months later
#21738 2 years ago

The problem isn’t that Jpop is a great designer but a bad businessman. He’s not a great designer. That’s been covered to death. Some people ignore it.

The Problem isn’t that he’s a great Artist that’s been prevented from unleashing his vision by BOM crazy pinball hating manufacturers… he’s not an artist at all! He’s been passing off other people’s art as his own.

The real problem is that a large group of people SAY they love pinball, but they desire something MORE than pinball. Call it “Magic Under Glass” TM, or Innovation, or Modernization etc etc. It’s all just code words for wanting a fantasy machine that has no bearing on reality.

Couple that with the desire to “get in early” on something designed to explode in value.

People want to buy an imaginary pin that might hypothetically triple or quadruple in value so they can flip it.

It’s a one two punch recipe for disaster.

Meanwhile, boring old Stern is cranking out “Uninspired” (Have you played JP or AIQ??! Those games are BONKERS fun) Cookie Cutter layouts (Now you’re just being willfully Ignorant) with AAA licenses (Fight me?!). Code is SUPER Deep (Munsters Aside), and REALLY well implemented.

There is ACTUAL great pinball happening from Stern, Spooky, JJP etc, but people aren’t satisfied. They want magic. They want innovation.

They don’t want pinball.

#21766 2 years ago

Ya, I’m not convinced this is the end of days for Derproot. I think they will limp along for a LONG time still. The wheels haven’t just come off the bus, the bus has been on blocks for years. It was never viable… yet, here we are.

I really wish it would just end for everybody’s sake.

It’s just a long drawn out car crash and I don’t have the self control to look away!

1 week later
#22910 2 years ago

Boom Boom…

What is it??!!

#22968 2 years ago

They’re SEC Filings at us SEC Filings at them.

#24184 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ben Heck's BIBLE FUCKING ADVENTURES!

Ben, NOBODY wants to hear what you get up to with a drill press, lube, and the Word of the Lord. This is a family game.

#24744 2 years ago

JPOP is not gone from pinball. GWJ is proof, and there are many like him, and many more who aren’t on pinside, or don’t post.

This thread is compromised of the same 30-40 people posting the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER.

JPOP will rise again with a fresh set of suckers, and they will even include many of the people who he’s already ripped off.

Not because JPOP is a genius who just needs to be managed. That’s CLEARLY not the case.

Not because JPOP holds the keys to pinball magic. Also, CLEARLY not the case.

Simply because people are idiots, and Pinside has no reach outside of us super hardcore pinheads.

I wish it weren’t so, but people want his magic SO BADLY… even after it’s been shown in a thousand ways that said magic does not exist, or didn’t come from John, or that he’s incapable of performing the trick.

There’s a sucker born every minute, and plenty were born in the 60s and 70s, and now they have cash to burn. Step right up… JPOP has a fresh book of magic matches again!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MapleSyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=MapleSyrup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.