View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

No matter what they charge, it comes down to EBIT and revenue per widget moved out of the building.
Just doing some simple math, at 750k a month going out, if they have operated at that burn rate for 6 months and will operate for 6 more months before steady revenue, that is 9 million dollars in the red.
If they make even a very generous 3k per machine they get out the door, that is 3000 games they have to sell to even recoup that cost, not counting the ongoing burn. With these numbers they have to ship 250 games a month to break even.
I think im being very generous with the 3k profit per machine too.
The math/business case on this is rough. I wonder when we will see a SaaS model in pinball.

Agree, The math for this doesn't add up.

6 months later
#5698 4 years ago

not understanding why the ball is dropping in front of the left sling instead of the inlane, what benefit does that provide? One of the benefits of hitting a ramp is to score the inlane shot. Also, how much wear is that area going to see with no ability to protect it like a cliffy switch protector would. will be kind of an eyesore when it's worn to wood like you see with most switch slots over time.

looks like a cool game, but lots of unknowns right now.

#5701 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's only to 'score an inlane shot' in games designed for that. Dialed In dumps in front of the sling. Monopoly Dumps in front of the sling from the train. High speed dumps in front of the slings. Big Guns too. I'm sure there are others I'm not remembering.

There are letters on the in/outlanes, I assume you have to collect the letters a certain number of times to activate something else, otherwise what are the letters there for?

what do you mean dialed in dumps in front of the slings? both ramps return to the inlanes. I do see it on monopoly, never played that game and didn't realize it, but at least it also has ramps that return to both inlanes.

1 week later
#6622 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fair enough just not of interest to me or my time personally. I have never really cared about any companies margins, habits, addictions, or success as it has no effect on me. Build a game, I buy a game, I am happy. If they asked for my money up front I would absolutely invest this much time into their business but no otherwise. Life is to short to care about other peoples business.

You buy a game from a company, company goes out of business...you would care.

9 months later
#10644 3 years ago

I don't understand why they spend so much time on the cabinets. It never occurred to me that cabinets needed innovation (unless you could make the games lighter somehow). the last one stern did moving the on/off switch to the head was a bust IMO. i don't need more screens, I barely can look at them when I am playing. Instead, improving playfield quality and lighting, visual keys on what to hit, reliability of mechs and some in-game whiz-bang innovations are where the focus needs to be.

#10925 3 years ago

sorry, couldn't resist...this all reminds me of...

11 months later
#23788 2 years ago

Really fascinating reading this thread. Went back just a year when discussion of the $750k/month burn rate was discussed around post 6604. The warning signs were there, but many refused to accept them. Hindsight of course is 20/20, but still, the math never really added up to me. Seems discussion of parts delays was just a red herring. What a terrible situation for just about everyone involved, hope people can recover some of their funds.

#23868 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

The discussion of "parts delays"... just to clarify that, the primary reason for the delay in delivering the parts is that they were never ordered in the first place?

That’s just it, it seems it was just a red herring. Was there ever any manufacturing going on? They built a prototype, but what else was there? How could people be working there all this time with nothing going on? Or maybe they weren’t working there anymore, but were told they couldn’t say anything. I hope deposits weren’t being taken while all these people were leaving or had left already knowing the jig was up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=Lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.