View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9645 3 years ago

Any guesses as to the ‘80s movie theme the K-man mentioned today on his podcast that Deeproot has supposedly secured the license for? He said it’s as big as Ghostbusters. That’s a pretty big theme.

#9652 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

On par with Ghostbusters would be something like ET, Back to the Future, Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop, Ferris Bueller, Die Hard and the Karate Kid.

Those are all great themes and consistent with the Ghostbusters reference. I just can’t believe those franchises would license to an unproven company like Deeproot, but, then again, what do I know about licensing?

#9656 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Heighway Pinball got Alien (trough Mr. Sharpe), so...

That’s an excellent point. I forgot about Alien and Heighway.

#9832 3 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm thinking $3500 to steal the show.

$3500? I’d be all over a RAZA for the price, but I also think it’s totally unrealistic.

#9857 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Order it now for $5k delivered would scratch my sweet spot

Totally agree. Forget $3500. They would still sell a ton of units at $5000.

#9859 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I am only expecting 250, 500, or 750 RAZA games. Robert already stated 8 months ago and that it will be limited. Since it will be limited, I expect 10k price.

Despite the chatter on a lower price, I totally agree. Raza is to make the ZidWare customers whole. I don’t really see it has a platform pin so to speak. So, I agree with your low unit number, high price assessment. I think it’s the only approach that makes any sense based on the info we have.

#10041 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

On the other hand people are willing to wait 2 years for spooky games .

But Spooky has a proven track record and Deeproot does not.

#10056 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

A company has to start from somewhere doesn't it ?
Jjp started with woz and no one knew about them .
Apparently they've got a big 80's licence , lots of reputable people and have spent a lot of money , why do all of that if you're not going to make anything .

I understand what your saying but there is a lot of history and baggage associated with Deeproot that didn’t exist with other new pinball companies. I do think there is a difference.

#10068 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

Besides taking on Jpop and trying to give his customers something ( otherwise they would have got nothing ) I don't see what deep root has done wrong , besides talking tuff .
I realise as a pinsider I should be hanging shit on them and trying to discourage them at every point but for some reason I would like to be positive and see what new games they have for us .

I agree with what your saying but I think there is a difference between being suspect and not being positive. I’m super positive about the launch and hope it all works out and the pins are amazing, but at the same time I’m a bit suspect.

#10779 3 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

want to give props to spooky

Mega props to Spooky. Rock on guys

#11265 3 years ago

After wading through the posts in this thread and reading the updated TWIP article, I agree that there is a more positive outlook. However, my question is has Deeproot issued any updated timeline? For example, RAZA just needs some tweaking and not a complete overhaul. When? When? When?

1 week later
#11968 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

If it's not cost effective to maintain well then I'm against all this fancy stuff ya know?

Amen, brother. Well said.

#11969 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

ben heck is on the latest K podcast.
even if you are not a fan of K. you really should listen as Ben Heck lays it out. he is professional and respectful but speaks the simple truth on jpop, Robert, and deeproot.
its really worth a listen.

Agreed. I didn’t know a lot about Ben Heck, but I was really impressed by him. Put it this way, he knows a lot about a lot of stuff.

#12036 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where are you going to keep this monstrosity?

If you watch the Creopack video, the crate breaks down for easier storage. With that being said, I don’t need or want the thing at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=Krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.