Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HookedonPinonics.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6159 4 years ago

I was not disappointed with RAZA when I played it. I got to play it several times and each time I walked away saying that was fun. Yes it feels like a prototype. Yes it feels like a JPOP game. It has potential. The ramp was hard to get all the way around but I made it several times and watched others do as well. It reminded me of the Katana shot on Deadpool. Had to be perfect to make it work. I am not sure if it was a flipper issue or what for I did not notice any other games on the floor that had flipper power issues due to so many games on. The staff was extremely nice. Half of them were young Engineers and were eager to hear feedback. It seemed to me that they have been working really hard on this and were excited to show it off. Steve Bowden is a great guy and knows what he is doing and I have faith that he will make this game a lot of fun. The screen was really cool. To me it was a glorified DMD. Unlike a Stern or Jersey Jack game it was easy to follow what was going on and I like the direction they are going with it. Excited to see what the final product is going to be like

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The band playing in the background of that video was pretty good. Nice garage rock vibe. Maybe we'll book them for NYCPC 2020.

CrazyLevi that band you were hearing was actually a mixture of my band and another band called Radio Cult. This was after our main set and two of their members jumped up on stage and we were just having fun and throwing songs up. That was me on drums.

#6173 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

All of the reviews are great.
Two questions that matter most. How much will it cost?
How much would you pay for that game?

If it was cheaper than a Stern Pro I would still buy a JP over it. That's just me.

1 year later
#17967 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

This is the precise reason I would only look at this adventure as a way to create a huge tax write off for whatever else this guy is flogging!

Who knows what their intentions are but I do taxes for a living and I do not understand this line of thinking of spending money to save on taxes. It doesn't make sense. Cash is king. Why would you burn $100 to save $10 in taxes? You are still out $90. The biggest headache I get at work is clients wanting to spend more money to get deductions to save money on taxes....I would rather keep cash in my pocket and pay tax than spend the cash to save money on tax. You have less money in your pocket in the end doing the latter.

#17986 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What about in cases where they are using section 179 to offset taxes by buying assets to further multiply profit? In years past/present I would generate 40% of sales just in the last month of year end for just that reason. Never made sense to me as they Could have made the purchase early in the year and offset the profits throughout that fiscal year?

Section 179 is different in that you are essentially investing in your business and getting the benefit of decreasing taxable income now rather than spreading out the benefit. Sec 179 is limited to you taxable income. You cant go into a loss with section 179. It gets carried over to future years to use up. That type of deduction is different than just throwing cash at every expense you can think of to lower your taxable income.

3 months later
#24190 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Decided to do a search for goonies license. I'm not seeing anything filed from texas, pinball related or otherwise in the last decade:
https://www3.wipo.int/branddb/en
There's a reason Robert teased "hey you guys", legally he could say that. he couldn't say "I have the goonies license"
[quoted image]
*edit: It's possible that website doesn't cover everything. I can't find any of Stern's licenses either. Anyone know where that stuff is looked up? US trademark website isn't helping either.

I knew that they didn't have the Goonies license. It was weird to me that they never officially said or wrote on that press day deal that they had the Goonies. All they had was a black picture that said "HEY YOU GUYS". If they really had the license they would have said The Goonies. Why put a line from a movie if you actually had permission to use the name of the movie?

2 years later
#33238 5 months ago

I am cracking up over here thinking about the time Robert was seriously building a theater to unveil his games in....Just wild.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HookedonPinonics.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=HookedonPinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.