Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Honch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3778 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I can understand the hatred from those who JPOP screwed. But what I dont understand is why the "ill will" towards DR? Yeah yeah the bluster comments probably could've been left out, but being excited about your own product is cool too! If they release AIW damn straight I'm ordering one. Missing deadlines .... is it really that big of a deal? I also dont see them holding anyones money hostage (excluding the JPOP mess) so not trying to be an ass but seriously ask really why all the hate? And to the haters, will you actually refuse to purchase a game even if it's majorally out of this world awesome?

I don't know if you're new here, but I can see your account is new. The hate runs very deep around here because of the laundry list of new manufacturers (scammers) that have run wild through this hobby over the last half dozen years or so. Thousands of dollars lost by many members on this forum alone, and JPOP(the delicate genius) being the biggest scumbag of them all.

There's endless threads on pinside about all of these clusterfucks and from what I've read from DR so far, they sound like they're cut from the same cloth. Big talk, but no discernible action. Maybe im wrong, since they're not holding onto anybody's money yet, but typically that's the next move. Which of course would inevitably be followed by countless broken deadlines and promises. Time will tell and its time for DR to walk the walk. Just my 2 cents

2 weeks later
#3959 4 years ago

This has all the hall marks of another trainwreck. Why are pinball manufacturers (or wannabe manufacturers) so tone deaf when it comes to the public / potential customer's perception?

#3966 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I love it in a way.
You see, we have Stern, the 'big company' getting flamed a lot and therefore they don't react on pinside anymore... they can't "win" the argument anyway.
This goes all the way to the other end, where we have Spooky and American Pinball, the 'small competitor'/ underdog, with Scott or Josh beeing incredible nice guys but therefore getting way less "shit" then Stern would get for some... things.
(Getting back to Ben, wondering why people seem to accept Oktoberfest's art package. - Many propably don't! They don't want to nay-say but that doesn't mean they're buying it because the art package looks so nice. )
And then you have Deeproot, the competitor who aims for big Player, getting shit from the getgo but shitting back full throttle!!!
For me personally I think that's kinda funny. But also hoping for an active dialogue, not holding back.

Its definitely entertaining. I just find it incredible that this exact scenario for these upstart companies keeps playing out the same way over and over again.

#3968 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It doesn't.
They didn't Show us anything to get us hooked.
They didn't even try to contact the community, wouldn't it have been for someone to notice JPop on their companies website.
They didn't Show us pretty artwork or a rad prototype to get preorders.
And of course they didn't take customers money (and said they'll only take it when they're 2 weeks from shipping).
So all I see is someone who want's basically to be left alone till all the preparations are done...
...while arguing with people around here about... basically their "intentions" (since nothing more was communicated and everything else, like their business modell or investors, or any speculation to whatsoever, is a Drama written by pinside itself).

I was referring more to their seemingly aggressive attitude and overall presence on social media. Better to just remain quiet and silence your critics with something awesome once it's ready.

The rest of that stuff you mentioned will follow in due time. It has to if they want to sell you anything. I have no idea if they're for real and I couldn't care less. I just like to see what's next and hopefully see some true "innovation ".

#3970 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm with you there but it's really hard, at least here on pinside. Whatever you do: It's wrong!
They're agressive on social media?

Their "spokesman " comes across as a little too defensive and arrogant. It's not a flattering look and if I was a primary investor I'd be giving him the hook.
If he himself is one of the primary investors, then he needs to redirect some of that money hes dropping into this project and put it into a healthy dose of self awareness.

#3985 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Where are the moderators on this one. Please end it.

Why not just use your option to drain it instead of wasting the energy being indignant?

#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why are you trying to censor Pinside? You dont like it, dont effing click on the topic. People making judgments on what other people should read or listen to stink. Do you work for DR?
Also, DR seemed like they were building up some good will, only to have that vanish and more, with one comment. Well on the way to becoming a dumpster fire!

I just saw the same thing on another thread. Some guy cant take the negativity so he pleads with the moderator to close it down. He could have Just drained the damn thing already if it bothered his fragile sensibilities that much.

#3992 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Because, he is victimized and MUST be heard. Simply taking matters into his own hands and draining/not clicking means people wont know he did it! Lives for likes and thumbsups!

Ha. Thats so true. Hes getting hes daily affirmation from Pinside. My favorite is the guys that have to tell us how outraged they are before they claim they're going to drain the thread. Those are the real heroes standing up and speaking out against negative threads wherever they may find them.
Someone should get these guys a Cape or a mask so they can look like the superheroes they are.

#3993 4 years ago

I can see it now. Finding some poor helpless woman overcome by the merciless negativity of a Pinside thread. Our hero then leaps into action.

Pinside superhero: "Is this negative thread bothering you mam"?

Helpless woman: "Yes!! This thread is on fire and even though I dont need to click on it I cant avoid it or look away from the cesspool of negativity".

Pinside superhero: "Not to worry, mam. I see this kind of garbage all the time on Pinside and its clearly killing our hobby. Any day now one of these negative threads is going to just completely shut down production at Stern and JJP simultaneously. I have no proof that this is true, but it feels good to say it will anyway".
"Allow me to make a post about my own outrage and disdain for this thread before I move it to the drain for you. Thatll teach those bastards to have an opinion different from ours".

Helpless woman: "Thanks, Pinside hero. I couldnt have continued going on Pinside looking at the countless other threads that aren't negative without your help".

#4005 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

The problem with draining it, is when there is legitimate information posted the thread will not be shown. I click every time this thread is on fire thinking there might be new information about games, but I should know better. I understand there will probably many more threads started when real information is released, but I still feel like I might miss it if I drain this thread.

Yes. Once a thread is on fire, it's like cleavage. You just cant look away. But You do realize that there's an option to IGNORE anybody you find annoying or distasteful, right??? Hit ignore and presto, their posts vanish!!

Besides, I wasn't talking about draining a thread that you may have an interest in. I'm talking about these pussies that cant take the so called "negativity" and instead of just being an adult and ignoring the thread or draining it, they plead for it to be closed.
Robin has conveniently provided alternatives for any of us who dont wish to see any of the "d-baggery" that keeps some of you Pinsiders up at night.
Honestly though, who are we kidding?? NOBODY is using those options because deep down we all like it a little dirty now and then.

#4008 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That's it! The next superhero pin will be the Pinside Avenger. We've finally identified the mysterious mid-summer release!

It would make a great pin. Especially if youd get extra points whenever your ball drains.

#4017 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Has anyone requested a refund and actually gotten one?

Good question.

2 weeks later
#4154 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I can’t imagine backing out now unless it’s a cash needed situation.

I'd take whatever I could get right now and get out. I haven't seen anything that would make me confident in ever receiving a pin. But then I've always been one to cut my losses and I would probably never get involved with a startup in the first place.

#4161 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I initially had Jpop ONLY. Why in the hell did I think that would work out is another story.
When I now look at the Deep Root team that has been assembled, I think that if this is a total disaster there will be a lot of mud on the faces.

History isnt on your side, but I wish you luck. It sounds like DR has a talented team from what I've been reading and some deep pockets too. I think most of us on this forum are very interested in seeing what they've come up with.

#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

"Magic Girl Home Edition"

This forum would implode.

1 week later
#4224 4 years ago

I think people believe that if they only make one version of a game itll be LE grade at pro prices. I hate stripped down games as much as anyone, but that's just not going to happen.

#4235 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The gods honest truth is that the kit thing has been tried many times before and it’s always a failure.
It’s a dumb idea that doesn’t work in pinball. People just don’t want swappable playfield and “kits.”

Exactly!! Plus, what looks cooler than a row of pins?? That was a rhetorical question in case you "kit" guys were thinking there was actually an alternative answer.

#4238 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

How about these pics of gamerooms of the future!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet!! But you forgot the pic of the lone cabinet in the corner.

3 weeks later
#4518 4 years ago

I dont know how anybody could maintain confidence in this company.

1 year later
#20793 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ice I am an egotist. I do think I'm better and smarter than most people. That I won't deny.
But I'm not "BHZA" kind of egotist. I would never in a million years make a game about myself. As for why John would... Well that theory is being saved for Story Time.

At least you got to be incorporated into some cool artwork. I think it looks pretty badass. Ego maniac or not , I couldn't fault you for hanging a poster of that artwork up in your own pad.

#20796 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

In addendum, I actually think John has some mental deficiencies. Not like "he's an idiot" I mean actual cognitive impairment.

Serious question. How did he get top billing for designing, CV, TOTAN and TOM? Those are 3 pretty good pins (IMHO) and he doesn't even seem capable of designing a basic pin layout from the 60's.

#20799 2 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Says the guy who constantly rage quits this forum and can't even read this post because you blocked me. Lol

You only have a few hundred posts in an 8 year period and you still, somehow managed to piss off someone enough for them to block you.

Ill give you credit you make your posts count.

#20884 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Zombie startups can go on years or even decades past their expiration date. LLCs rarely die entirely if there is any hope of investors extracting any asset out of it for not burning it to the ground. If DR does go down, the irony of RAZA being what did them in would be palpable.

I clearly understand why people want their games. But I'll never understand the obsession over wanting to own RAZA, other than its unobtainable.
Its amazing that the same title was used in two separate scans.

#21107 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s NOT an obsession. It’s just maybe getting a RAZA from Jpop finally because of DR.
Mitchell and the MG “shinys” got theirs from AP funded in part with my money. Never heard a peep out of me but if you are gonna keep throwing bombs and rooting hard that we don’t get ours then I’m gonna lob two right back at you.
Pretty simple don’t you think

I'm not rooting against you or any of the other prospective buyers, Iceman. I understand you've been through the mill for this title and think it'd be nice to see them actually delivered.
It just seems crazy to me that the incredibly long delays and the seemingly shady business practices are happening again.

1 week later
#21752 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let's go blow this guy!
I do kinda think trolling the "owner" thread is a little out of bounds. That's a safe space for those folks, if they want to come in for abuse they can come by here any time.

It is crossing the line a bit, but it is an entertaining read. There is blood in the water over there.

The "let's blow this guy" line is a classic.

#21813 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Companies buy assets from failed ventures and leave the losses behind all the time.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e0beced3a631d8ef98fb997523ed5562bc20d9d4-1628479094-1800"};
//]]>

At this point, someone buying the scraps wouldn't surprise me.
And If this game ever gets built, it'll be turned into a movie that will be turned into a theme for a pin.

#22288 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I never understood the "Stern is garbage / WMS is amazing" bullshit. Stern Jurassic Park is better than any WMS game from the 90s. Most of the things people really want is the nostalgic feeling, the "magic" of being 12 years old again and playing Addams Family for the firs time. But that's not a feeling that comes from WMS being so much better than Stern. It's a feeling that our brains generate due to novel experiences, and being 12...

I like Stern's games, but WMS, 90's pins are amazing! That's not bullshit, that's just a fact. There's a reason they're still demanding a high price and it's not just nostalgia. They are well built, well designed games with finished code, fantastic artwork, and excellent theme integration.

1 week later
#23881 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

So John signs artwork he didn’t draw? Checks out.

The fact that JPOP had everyone believe he was the artist behind all of his past "credited" designs, is one of his biggest cons. I think it is one of the main reasons he was able to get away with as much as he did when he started his own company.
I remember during the early days of Zidware, nobody was allowed to question the delicate, artistic genius because of his incredible talent.

#24199 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Virtual pinball 5 years ago.. sorta meh. 4k virtual pinball (has to be redone to take advantage of the higher resolution), beautiful. Watch this video and tell me that doesn't look good

I was never a fan of virtual pinball, as I'll always prefer the real thing. But I have to admit that thing looks great. I'd love to see one in person.

#24649 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

How many times has this been said and how many times as he gotten "back in the game" (so to speak)?
With pinball growing there are more and more people out there that don't know the history of JPOP that can fall victim to him. Hell how many in the hobby fell victim to him with DR knowing his history???

Since it happened to several people on Pinside where EVERYONE on here already knew the history, it's only safe to assume there are plenty of new victims to be had.

11 months later
#31914 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ice's comments about what it was like to walk through the building come to mind now as we see more of these photos. The scale of what was going on there is crazy. But we are talking about $50 million lit on fire.

I can see why Ice believed these games were being built. It's an incredible amount of work that was put into random game parts/samples.

6 months later
#32502 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bobby will never spend a single night in jail.
He’s a fucking Boeing exec.
Give it up gang. He’s rich, white, and has a platinum card. And he didn’t kill anybody, just stole millions of dollars. Dude is gonna skate!!!

Sadly, It's true. These guys rarely get the comeuppance they deserve and the bigger the crime the better the odds are that they'll skate. I've yet to see one banker go to prison or even be charged for the 07/08 crash.

#32503 1 year ago
Quoted from Honch:

Sadly, It's true. These guys rarely get the comeuppance they deserve and the bigger the crime the better the odds are that they'll skate. I've yet to see one banker go to prison or even be charged for the 07/08 crash.

#32509 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This wasnt a market crash, this was a targeted scam that swindled millions from old people. And a little from dumb people too boot.
I bet he does get some jail time, despite being whatever the thing is Crazy Levi said.

That market crash wasn't a scam? Let me explain something to you. The market crash of 07/08 was in fact a scam, a very big one. Maybe the biggest one ever? It was called Predatory lending and was targeted at the poor and the undereducated. That scam costs millions of people everything they had, put them on the streets and then took the rest of the economy down with it. And it All was done so that bankers could line their pockets, knowing full well that most of those loans they brokered could never be paid back. After the loan failed they'd repo the house, collect on the insurance they have backing said loans when they failed, (which they did) and then ride off into the sunset on their yacht. IDK, but it sounds like a scam to me.

So, while I don't believe Robert will suffer any consequences from his scam, I do hope that I'm wrong and that he pays dearly.

#32511 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok. Well we cant go down that hole here, but fed regs back then said you must give a loan to anyone who can breathe and fog a mirror.

Agreed, and It was obscene.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Honch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=Honch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.