View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighProtein.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1365 5 years ago

Is octo manufacturing a reference to them getting the UFC pinball license?

1 month later
#1587 5 years ago

GenXroot or Babyboomerroot?

5 months later
#2538 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

They had literally zero presence here. No booth, no seminars, no nothing. Last year the whole place was filled with their banners promoting the “5 Days of Deeproot”

LOL @ no nothing...
Thats a double negative haha.
No Nothing pinball > all boutiques!

3 weeks later
#2741 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Deeproot will be #1 in pinball soon enough. Trust me.

In what ways?

1 week later
#2955 5 years ago

Low tier voice acting means lower production costs...

#2956 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don’t you think they’d just do something else besides fuck around with primitive pinball machines?

They'd make a better digital or vr pinball and thats all...

1 month later
#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

At least they changed their "view from the toilet" logo...[quoted image]

Who is their graphic designer!?

#3652 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

You mean like a GB that won’t turn on half the time.
— Robert dT

A singular instance of gb with said problem, cool story bro.
GB is one of the most routed if not the most operated on location pinball of this decade. Therfor these games work way more time than not or there wouldnt be so many out on location.

#3653 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That isn't quite accurate.
Gary kept the doors open in the worst decade in coin op ever. Look at the year the investor came in. And the games Stern made leading up to it. They were rolling, the investor made things bigger, better, faster.
LTG : )

Correct but the Stern MVP helping Stern on many logistical fronts this decade is George Gomez.

2 weeks later
#3691 4 years ago

5000 days of deeproot coming soon!

#3720 4 years ago

Most pinball made in a year!

#3831 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Piqued your interest #grammerWars

Can Haz Moore Ture Pix!

#3832 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They really put a fucking dot in their Instagram username?
Amateur hour...

1 week later
#4018 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

10K by Christmas!

They meant most pinside posts produced this year, not pinball machines...

1 month later
#4398 4 years ago

When is the 1st of 5 days of deeproot now?

3 weeks later
#4707 4 years ago

If all deeproot game themes are to be multiplatform medias like cell game, movie, cartoon, pinball etc... part are the pros & cons?

2 weeks later
#4856 4 years ago

This is NEDry's doing...

#4857 4 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

0% chance. If Deeproot appears at the show at all, which is unlikely, they'll bring a box of lights and art that only superficially resembles a pinball machine. It will have barebones code and be essentially unplayable. This will be the last time that a Deeproot "pinball machine" will be seen in public. After 10-12 months of silence, the CEO of Deeproot will send out a press release in late 2020 explaining that "unforeseen circumstances" have prevented them from releasing any games. At this point, Deeproot will either be shuttered, or they will accept another round of investor money before the CEO sails off on a yacht. The end.

50/50 odds

1 week later
#4996 4 years ago

Yeah, so the gameplan is...

-Plan to start development of as many games as possible at the same time.
-Acquire rights to an incompleted game that preorder money has already started development of years ago to finish & produced it 1st.
-First 3 games will be non-lincsed themes.

All of this while knowing how hard selling non-licensed games was for Stern & JJP. Knowing that these companies already have a customer base, dealers, production lines, deals with makers of all parts and promotional venues. Knowing that to keep a large production pinball company only high quality licenses is profitable.

Fortunately for them pinball nerds fairytale about new machines. Unfortunately though luck can not be monitized and dreams don't have intrinsic value.

1 month later
#5727 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Overhype via outlandish and offensive claims? YES.
Did they produce a freakin’ awesome looking Jpop machine? YES!
Here are some ifs:
IF the game plays like a classic jpop, and IF the code is good, and IF the qc is good, and IF they price it right, and IF they can distribute in a timely fashion, and IF Stern will not make it right with customers that have PF issues, deeproot could be on its way to dethroning the current penny-pinching, ostrich head-in-the-sand qc modeled Stern. I really hope we can move on to higher quality matched with more affordable pricing.
IF!

LOL @ "DETHRONING"!
Just Stop...
All pinball companies that make a profit currently are fortunate to make one. Most startup pinball companies have failed this decade. Sadly their egos were bigger than their output of machines. Curb the enthusiasm but sure be delighted for new prospective games.

#5820 4 years ago

So no streaming of this game online by goood players this weekend?

#5823 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Correct, it’s “DETHRONED”
Knocking Stern off wasn’t hard because they were never in the chair

Blasphemy!

#5858 4 years ago

My one request for Houston expo was for someone
to get a fucking tripod and camera, setup right in front of the damn game and let an above average player play for 10 minutes!
Naw...
Just misc angles from cellphones...
Huuuuuuge Debut turned into a test location for 2 days and random video shots...
Obviously the pinball revolution won't be televised!
P.s...
Oh well...

#5861 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The feedback gathered from real players visiting Houston will be quite valuable for finishing the game off well, unlike the armchair feedback from pinside.

No real pinball company has ever required "real player" data from pinball shows while in development phase to complete a pinball machine. In house data has been just enough historically. Test locations are mostly an afterthought. Most prospective buyers for Deeproot games are on pinside. Pinside opinions matter alot. Also, its not armchairing anything, we must be impressed, we must get something to inspire us to devert money from many other used and new pinball buying options. Pinside is free data mining from its core customer base, so they're welcome for the intel from here hahaha.

2 months later
#7319 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Deeproot HAS been marketing for years. Robert does podcasts, he donated 5 machines to TWIP to give away (or at least the promise of 5 machines), but that was all promoted already. Top of line sponsorship of large pinball shows and tournaments.
Considering the fact that they don't have anything to sell, they've spent a ton of money already promoting their brand.

To pinball nerds that already knew about deeproot...

2 months later
#8239 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do they have a working production line?

LOL you're kidding right!?

5 months later
1 week later
#9837 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Pinball and politics... although I do think Deep Root has a lot of talent and John does great pinball artwork, even with all his faults.

No, John doesn't do great art...
That was Zombie Yeti and Matt Andrews...

2 months later
#14108 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

RAZA is a limited run game. I don’t think anyone who goes in on it will be that upside down as long as the game ships.

Correct!
The question is...
Will it ever be "vaulted" though...

#14110 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Such innovation!
1) WCS soccer target
2) Cyclone wheel that takes ball nowhere.
3) Spinning duck target no doubt stolen from some old EM
4) Static sculpt of NED! He shakes a little and has LED guns. (BTW Robert saying "LED light" is redundant)
5) Awesome static motorcycle and jet toys.
6) Hardly any inserts. So Bowen is forced to make everything about tickets and the game comes to a screeching halt (as I predicted) to make you use the PinBar.
7) No zombies anywhere because all John wanted to do was remake Cyclone but it was 2011 so he added zombies since they were all the rage at the time.

I wanted LED lit Zombies...

3 months later
#16794 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

John's made some awesome games. But at B/W with an army behind him.
Since then... Not so much. I think his ego made him believe he can do it all but we've seen the reality.

John has spent more time drinking starbucks coffee paid for by preorders than time designing games...

#16826 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, he’s not programming? All pinball companies have programmers who create the rules & then implement them along with light & sound choreography. I wonder why DR would split these duties. Could there be any logical advantage to this approach?

Its Deeproot, no deep thought is required to analyze their botch of a pinball operation...

9 months later
#27942 2 years ago

JPOP is the least productive designer from his Williams era retirement to now. Deeproot was doooooomed from the word Popaduik...

Quoted from benheck:

"Judge, you should see these games, man! They're so beautiful! Jpop is a ROCK STAR!"

If the ball fits they must aquit!

#27943 2 years ago

Seriously Deeproot could've just bought and flipped POTC, GNR and Wonka CE's etc... as a better business model!

#27944 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

IIRC John pre-sold a decent # of AIW. Maybe like 40?
It's always more fun to start projects than finish them. That's OK when noodling around your garage but it doesn't work in business. 80/20 rule... John never wanted to move past the 20.

His going to Starbucks to work ratio was too high as well...

1 month later
#28376 2 years ago

Rey Mysterio!
I want that...

LUCHAPINBALL (resized).pngLUCHAPINBALL (resized).png
#28378 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I just flipped through the photos.
I don't think I saw a single piece of used equipment.
I work in the high tech environment with companies trying to outdo each other with ridiculous benefits. I've never seen that much space devoted to a gym. That's gotta be $60,000 worth of equipment. They could have gotten a better return on investment with a literal cereal bar. How many employees did they plan on having to need that much cardio? I've seen employee photos... What were they thinking?

They might as well have had an arcade bar inside on site as well to pay some of the bills...
I'm certain some of their oh so luminary employees could do tech support
and shill rule sets of the games on the arcade floor while on the clock...

3 weeks later
#29726 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

All other things aside, when Blobert missed his June 2019 deadline and offered Zidware victims "two games if they don't take the cash out" that's when I knew the business was screwed. Hence my post about "a bird in the hand" and Blobby's infamous reply and forum rage quit.
In his mind pinball was gonna make all that money back, so it wouldn't be fraud. Again, I'm saying IN HIS MIND. He's also too stupid to do the "napkin math" that we did, how it would take over a decade just to repay the "loan" to say nothing of any return.

If he wanted to make EZ money in pinball he could've just flipped Stern and JJP LEs...

4 months later
#31658 1 year ago

ZIDWARE 3.0 & 4.0 COMING SOON?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighProtein.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=HighProtein and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.