Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3716 4 years ago

Please keep the pinball thread about pinball and not spelling or grammar. Thanks!

11 months later
#8530 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

After so many years of R&D, they have to show something. I root for them but if they don’t, it’s really sad. I don’t know why they don’t communicate better and why they seem to recognize all their competitors qualities now.... not a good sign for me.

I was hoping for something...but apparently they are having so much fun planning and talking pinball they are way too busy to sell any.!?

Meanwhile at Deeproot HQ reading pinside:

#8543 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man I just don’t get this whole thing with DR and their execution
A week away from the big reveal and now two months later and nothing because they want their “vanity reveal” with people and media
Announce and start selling
As for Jpop, the offer to the community was a chump change drop in the bucket.
Others chose to go down the legal route which is nothing but a winner for the lawyers
Why bring Jpop on board? He needed a name to raise the $35 million or so
Practically speaking, it was a terrible decision

Actually I agree with Ice on all these points...and I am not even drunk

3 weeks later
#8668 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

I inquired about this and was told that "Robert will announce what will make sense soon"
What that means I have no idea...

At this point I have no idea what the hell soon means to Deeproot ... No idea at all

2 months later
#10157 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So the Twitch stream was just a prank?

Apparently

#10237 3 years ago

Holy shitballz...

So ... the JPOP endeavor was a dumpster fire...then Deeproot has been so bad it is laughable. I have to admit, at one time (like years ago) I was interested in what they had to offer. I was thinking today maybe they could have the last laugh...but NOPE.

Honestly, why would I buy a pin from them? They have proven they can't communicate, or get anything of value to the buying public at all. If this is business as usual I don't even want to guess how bad support will be. There is no way I can buy with any confidence after all of this.

Zero credibility, I am sorry to say. Absolutely none.

#10243 3 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

“there is no such thing as BAD publicity” Just look at how much this is being discussed.

There are a few exceptions...and this is one IMO

#10266 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What exactly have they Not done or done wrong today? They said Today is the announcement. Not of what just today and TWIP said that is coming today. So what was the big miss other then some clown fake countdown video?

The miss!? Uh, the last few years, up to and including today.

https://deeprootpinball.com/

I guess the only good thing about cancelling the update today is that IF the reveal was going to be a complete disaster they made the right call postponing - again.

#10322 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am calling it now...Deeproot folds by October.

I don't think so, clearly they have enough money to not need any pinball sales. What's another few years pretending?

#10699 3 years ago

Wow! This thread is on fire. Just the kind of response you want when doing a reveal...

Oh wait....

#11092 3 years ago

I would really like to see RAZA - could be a nice pin ... maybe ? I need some good game footage with the 'innovations' to be sure...

#11609 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Ok can anyone please explain me why ALL the so called experts, legends, pinball veterans, pinball wizards that work all day every day at Deeproot could not figure out that they had to delay the launch because the machine was just not good and that a few invited people, mostly press and hobby, do in a matter of hours ?
That says something about all those industry guru's to me. Also the fact that all those years of experience do not lead a good result, even after all this tiome they have got extra with all the delays. Something is very off there at DR.

I have a few theories on it.

1. They don't feel comfortable telling Robert they aren't ready.
2. The can't see the forest for the trees and don't see the big picture of the message, only what they are working on.
3. Sometimes people value outsider opinion more than internal.

Who knows for sure, but I think they have some good ideas. I am mixed on the PinBar, but my 16 year old son thinks it is a good idea. (Not kidding)

1 week later
#12567 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I appreciate your kind words...thanks! I’m just trying to stay positive like some others here as I think they do have tremendous potential. You almost have me convinced I actually do work for deeproot!!! Well played or just in case my sarcasm went a little too far and to clarify for some (not saying you) that just skim thru the posts...I am NOT associated with deeproot in any way and was just playing along with those that thought I was!

Well....that's it - you were our last hope. Deeproot communication is indeed dead.

11 months later
#26039 2 years ago

I know he was reinventing the wheel, and making every single thing way to costly to manufacture. But I would have liked to play the final version of the game. It looks very interesting to me. But that ship has sailed and it will never come to pass.

1 month later
#26811 2 years ago

His only defense would be insanity. There is no defense for this.

1 month later
#27656 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

I could care less about the timing, I was simply looking into this story after everyone already beat themselves up over it and made an obvious statement, why didnt anyone say anything? All I see is everyone defending Steve Bowden because "he is a great guy", "he plays really good", "pinball needs someone like him", "he has incredible pinball knowledge", "his playing skills are awesome", and on and on. Seriously, who cares about any of these reasons when its about so many people getting completely ROBBED!? All of a sudden nobody has any morals, integrity, honor and any loyalty to fellow pinheads and buyers? How stupid!? Pinball must be the only industry in the world where you can just pretend you dont know anything and watch all of your peers get torched and its ok because you have killer flipper skills. Some of these people worked at Deeproot for YEARS and youre going to tell me they knew nothing? I guess screwing over people is the norm for pinball and making up idiotic excuses for the people who either did it or could have stopped it is the norm. Dont bother with telling me about how companies run or how businesses do things, I've owned and ran my own for over 24 years and looking at this mess makes me sick. Yeah, Robert was a bully and I'm sure he had everyone sign NDA's and/or more, but seriously, there is no excuse for freaking EVERYONE to just make believe it was all sunshine and lollypops and watch this shitshow unravel. SMH.

Apparently Robert was good at fooling almost everyone he ever talked to. I think that the employees just thought he was a rich dick head that wanted to make pinball machines. I am sure they learned that he was a absolute idiot, and had lots of issues - but I doubt they knew that Robert was a major league con artist.

#27744 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

False equivalency. Those are already classics that have demand.
Look at the failure of RAZA (twice). Look at the slow/low sales of Dialed In, BKSOR, Oktoberfest, Cosmic Carnival, Mafia, Full Throttle etc.
Themes = instant & consistent sales. Original = I’ll wait and see how it is. You can’t run a factory off if “I’ll wait to see how it is” buyers.

Agree. I see MB as a themed game. Dracula, wolf man, Frankensteins Monster, etc. It’s the Universal Monsters for goodness sake. MM has Monty Python written all over it. AFM isn’t themed but Martians attacking Earth is practically a whole genre.

1 week later
#27917 2 years ago

Robert needs more money!?!? Why doesn’t he just sell some of the pins he made over the last six years? Oh wait, maybe doing pinball was so f#cking easy he forgot to make any pins at all.

What an idiot. No matter how much time he spends in jail it won’t be enough.

#27968 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

maybe you should change your handle to I don't have a life outside of pin threads

Hell, maybe I should change my handle too.

Pinball is my life :/

3 weeks later
#28095 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Dennis, Steve, and now Barry are all at AP.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/barry-oursler-and-barry-engler-join-american-pinball/?fbclid=IwAR1OD6psy5Ls4FYee2N7Fw_3L9pA3xrjC6mlHk0b3ItNNTsf9cls1tBeR_w
Sorry JPOP, you're out of companies to work at. Time to find a different career.

He deserves jail time

1 month later
#29936 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

Who picked up Lot 311 - 2 pallets of pre-cut pinball boards?
I'd buy a couple from the buyer so I could practice doing inserts, etc on a playfield before I move to restoring my machines. Also, looks like it could be fun wall art for my pincade.

Finally something good to come from this mess!

#30029 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I got at least 95% of all my parts back. I'm very happy with the results.
Terry.

3 months later
#31399 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Because you keep posting in the thread dedicated to the biggest scam in pinball, reminding people you've gone bankrupt, and asking for money from people who know better.

Nailed it.

1 month later
#31857 1 year ago

I feel kinda bad for Ice and John. It reminds me of the saying ‘crazy people don’t know their crazy’

2 weeks later
#31932 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I agree with the posts- DR should have made one game. I feel the same about HP- instead of zero interest Full Throttle, they should have focused like a laser beam on one title- Alien.
Get some sales, make some money.

True.

But, the company was built on stolen money. It is probably for the best, and a small miracle of management incompetency, that not one single pin was ever produced. It is probably for the best that no one will ever own a pinball machine from deeproot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=Goronic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.