View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

build a Ferrari and sell it at KIA prices

/facepalm

5 months later
#765 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

what these guys are actually blowing Stern out of the water with.

Hot air.

1 week later
#861 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can you support Nordman, Barry and the rest of the crew?

Sure.

When they choose to seek employment with more reputable employers? Or hell, put up another Kickstarter. I'll support that before I support anything I've seen out of Deeproot up until now, which is to say more hot air than Old Faithful. If nothing else, I hope for Barry's sake this garbage turns out legit. Not like...Heighway Legit, but Chicago Gaming / Spooky / American Pinball legit.

Quoted from iceman44:

Get your arse over to Robert's office if you care that much and/or it offends you that much and call him out face to face.

The only people man enough so far are the plaintiffs that actually flew to Chicago to stick it up John's ass. Where were the other burn em at the stake cheerleaders? Podcasting?

Eh? I posted on this thread or somewhere else that I'd see if I could make a trip down there on my vacation week this summer if they wanted to give me access to some kind of proof they're a legitimate company with real, provable licences and rights to do the things they're claiming, and not simply just pissing all over people. Got no response at all. I'm not wasting my vacation on these tw--s unless I have an official invite and explanation of whatever NDAs they want me to sign upfront though...lol. I don't even have anything to do with MG/Jpop. I just think they're full of it.

5 games at once..LOL...what a beautiful way to commit business suicide. There's no way they're going to produce 5 games at once in any kind of volume all at the same time. Even Stern isn't THAT stupid. Even if you CAN do it, you're just cannibalizing your own sales.

I guess I'm not as "Kool"(uris) as Kaneda?

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You should make a trip down Frax. I’ll go over there with you to meet those guys

Have....have we ever even met in person? LOL. I'm godawful terrible trying to remember who is who on here.

#865 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m the arrogant A hole attorney

I'm pretty sure everyone has been aware of that for a long, long time.

1 year later
#6097 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

Cirqus Voltaire was indeed a flop because it has horrible rules

Horrible rules? Give me a break. It's literally the same as MM, RfM, AfM, Scared Stiff, Monster Bash, and ANY OTHER NUMBER OF GAMES that are ALL "Shoot X shot Y times to start/finish Z mode. If you don't like the weird layout, fine, but if you're bitching about the rules..... lol....well, you certainly must not like most of the most popular Williams/Bally games of the era.

#6106 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Maybe he's referring to the code when the game shipped. I bought one then and it didn't have many rules. Just a lot of animations that were cool the first time but unskippable. Well it was super shallow... let's call it that.
But the CS complete overhaul of the code made it pretty damn decent. Also fixed most of the glaring issues. I rarely get near the end of the multiple wizard modes and I wouldn't have hung on to the game all this time without it.

Ah okay, fair enough. I haven't ever played that code. But comparing the final code with other games....yeah!

I've finished Meet the Cirqus several times. That game is crazy deep, in terms of how much you have to do, but none of it is like...LOTR complicated left/right ramp alternating or whatever lol. It's pretty straighforward. Just a LOT of shots to do, especially the ringmaster.

#6112 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I think jpops Williams titles are more mode based. MM and AFM are more as you are describing. Monster bash is mode based too. I think some of the flaws are within the modes. For the casual player they are fun, my kids favorite game is Arabian Nights but once you get to a depth of rules it is much more shallow than the other consider "A" title games from the 90's. I am not a hater of any of his games, I dislike CV the most but the others are ok. TOM you can time out or in competition you would just shot the orbit (advance clock) and that's about it.
I am excited to play this game as I will judge it for myself.
I am with most here and not understanding the game being a proto at this stage but I'm happy to have another game on the road for people to play.

RFM - Shoot 4 shots to same shot to activate hurryup (mode), and bash the thing in the middle. Shoot same shot 4 times for multiball (center ramp)
MB - Shoot 4 shots to same shot to activate modes, and bash the thing in the center left a bunch of times to start multiball.
MM - Shoot 4 shots to each shot to light a multiball for each shot. Shoot the left door on the castle 3 times for multiball. Bash the thing in the center for a bunch of points.
SS - Shoot left orbit 3 times for multiball. Bash crate for multiball. Nobody else really cares about the other rules because they're wholly irrelevant and won't win you the game.
AfM - We let you pick the modes, but then make you shoot basically one of every shot in just about every mode so they're all basically the same.

I mean.....you want to say they're different. I don't see it. You're entitled to your opinion. Yes, there are more granular differences in the rules, but when it comes down to it, 90's B/W games are MULTIBALL, MULTIBALL, MULTIBALL or bust. Nobody other than IFPA top 5 players are going for wizard mode when points matter. At home is a different story, of course, but still..these games all play VERY similar, and it's really down to personal theme preference which one you would buy over the other...

3 months later
#7546 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So far as I have seen, no one has had to buy anything yet. Not from this side of the fence anyway.
So what do you have to lose? DR is taking the risk.

Better to be cautious and wary than stupid and oblivious, ESPECIALLY with the history of small pinball startups. There's a reason the term 'irrational exuberance' exists.

#7582 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The history of small pinball startups is irrelevant...this is NOT that.

You're right. They've sold thousands of games and proved they can hang with Stern and JJP.

My bad.

#7584 4 years ago

It's all crazy if you ask me. The rabid fanboy-gotta-be-first-and-throw-all-my-support-behind-a-company-I-know-literally-nothing-about is so quintessentially...American. When are people going to wake up and realize companies, the ones that want our money....they should have to earn that respect and desire. And frankly, short of for the JPOP screwed people (which you CANNOT EVER DISASSOCIATE FROM DEEPROOT NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WANT TO TRY...), what have they done so far? Nothing.

Show me physical evidence, not a bunch of hot air. I offered to travel down to their studios to see what they were about, several times, previously. Nobody wanted to take me up on it. I said I would sign legally binding NDAs. *shrug* Frankly, the only reason I even give them any good faith at all right now is ENTIRELY due to Bowden deciding to throw his lot in with them. I don't think he's an idiot, nor would do that on a whim.

I'm more than willing to give them a chance to pitch their product. I just don't understand why everyone has to turn into drooling idiots over a company that's shown LITERALLY NOTHING other then the bare minimum of what JPOP should've delivered without them? What I'm saying is that we, as a community, have been burned enough times by this ridiculous unwarranted excitement, that we should be wary of that. That's why people preordered and wasted money. And to say it's risk free just because you're not PRE ordering...well...... Good luck with that. Tell that to the Heighway game owners now.

#7589 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am no Deeproot fanboy, but I am personal friends with Barry O. and I would like him AND Deeproot to succeed. Good luck with what? No one has spent a dime on a Deeproot machine, so good luck with saving your money? You pound on the fact that Deeproot has created a buzz, but nothing to offer yet as a comparison to the other failures. Well the other failures created a buzz and took a lot of money without producing squat. As much as you and a few others feel that point is insignificant, you are completely wrong. Deeproot has asked for nothing but our attention, and they got it. You can choose to just ignore Deeproot as well, but I guess it is much more satisfying to bitch about something that has cost nothing.
Oh, BTW Deeproot owes you nothing, including your personal tour and scripted NDAs. Can you blame them for ignoring your requests?

LOL, okay. Have fun with that brownnosing.

#7593 4 years ago

Agree to disagree then. Until they have games out the door, as far as I'm concerned, they're a small time operation, regardless of how many people they throw money at. I don't care if they hired 20,000 people, if they can't actually get product out, and start up their company without talking shit about everyone else as if they're the second coming of christ. I'm actually very interested to see if they back up their mouth with proof...so far the pinball industry hasn't had a good track record of that, Stern and JJP included.

#7595 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Nothing except paying back people who they owed nothing to, legally. The fact that they paid off debts made by Zidware is enough to have me rooting for them.
Why is the same group of about 5 people who shit on every thread on pinside.

Maybe if you folks would learn to actually debate something without making it personal all the time, you'd figure out why this keeps happening. If you don't like me, put me on ignore, because I really don't give a damn. You're allowed to have your opinions to fawn all over a company that's not proven, and I'm allowed to have an opinion that until they ship product and keep the doors open, then they're suspect. Doesn't mean we have to agree, but you saying that someone is shitting on a thread just because their opinion isn't aligned with the majority opinion (WHICH BY THE WAY...I was the minority opinion on Predator, Zidware, AND Heighway...and I was right in the end....might not be here, we'll see!) is just you trying to stomp on people you don't agree with.

#7599 4 years ago

Okay, well let me restate my side, maybe this will come out better in a way more people can understand, and less confrontational. I'll try and keep it simple, and this is the last thing I'm going to say until after TPF on the matter....

I don't like the way Deeproot initially came out swinging, because it very much reminded me of how Skit-B, JPOP, and Heighway started out. I'm glad they seem to have backed off that for a good while now.

I did not DEMAND a tour..I offered to go down there and see what they were about if they were willing to let me. I said, openly, on the forums, that I would even sign a NDA if that's what they wanted. Not that I'd ever leak something given to me in confidence anyways, but I do understand they likely have some secrets they'd like to keep a lid on.

I'm VERY happy for the RAZA people that are getting something that would've otherwise been totally screwed.

What I'd like to see is their actual product, and for other people to stop with the fanboy evangelism, until they actually have a product available instead of just finishing what Jpop made a disaster out of. I want to know if they're using industry standard parts, or are going to go along with John's crazy ideas of reinventing everything that works perfectly fine. Are these machines going to be serviceable, and are they going to be able to offer up support over the years, not flame out like Heighway after two games, or not?

Most importantly: I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT WITH MY SKEPTICISM HERE. SERIOUSLY. I want the hobby to grow, and we NEED more competition for that to happen. I honestly thought JJP launching would bring down prices, and they just went even higher. I really didn't see them going off the rails into uber-boutique stuff and leaving Stern in the dust, giving them even more room to raise prices! Right now Spooky is the only one making games at a reasonable price. There are big holes in the pricing structures between Spooky, Stern, JJP.....which leaves plenty of room for new guys to play with BOM, manufacturing method, etc. to either undercut, or offer more for the same price. I already moved from an opinion of "There's no way in hell Deeproot will do anything at all." to more like "Huh, that's some interesting stuff. Hopefully they have something more than RAZA lined up behind the curtain."

These are things we should all want to know, I would hope? I just don't feel like the blind supportive fanboyism does anything useful. It doesn't answer the questions we need to know, doesn't provide any insight into the future of this company, etc.

I'm arguing from going from "blind supportive fanboyism" down a few notches to "cautiously optimisic." Let's see what they can do, when they actually have something to show, and games to ship. Let the RAZA people get their stuff. See if they can get a few games out the door in a reasonable timeframe after they're announced, and support those warranties (if they offer them). If they can do that stuff, then I'll be celebrating with everyone else. If not.....well...we all kind of lost, regardless of whether or not money was spent.

And that's all I've got to say, so whatever. Don't agree...great. Do agree...great.

#7612 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Seems to me that CGC is providing a lot of value for the money...

Goddamit. You're entirely right. I don't know why, I keep forgetting that AFMr and MBr are actually very reasonable for what they are. My brain was just so used to 8-10k prices on those games I can't get it straight.

My bad.

#7616 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

If this is sarcasm...you're doing it wrong.

No.....it wasn't sarcasm......

*edit* JFC..this is a prime example of what is wrong with this forum these days. I can't even ADMIT I'M WRONG anymore...god damn.

#7622 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well...it's really hard to tell from the way you post.
The first quote was your sarcasm, and you say the second one wasn't...

As my wife would say... "Text sucks." And she's not wrong. The difference to me is that the first one is patently ludicrous precisely because they haven't sold thousands of games or done really anything other than throw a bunch of money around yet.

#7666 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Imagine RAZA is a full premium pinball...
and then maybe there is a RAZA 'zizzle' level game for intro markets...
and then maybe there is a RAZA digital game for PCs and mobile...

This is a good point. I was hopeful that when Stern Pinball Arcade was announced that all of Sterns games going forward might be available as digital, but no such luck there. Would really like to see Deeproot go after that. And I don't mean some other game type using the theme, just a digital version of the pin.

1 month later
#8429 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

said that he'll now go radio silent till the TPF reveal.

Hey but on the upside, his ass is now covered until TPF 2021, because it's "until TPF reveal"...right?

The person I feel the worst for in all of this is Steve Bowden. I'm utterly fascinated to know exactly what they showed or told him to make him up and quit his career for a non-proven company that so far has barely managed to produce more than hot air. I wanted to believe that him going there was going to be the start of more stuff coming out for people to see but ah......nope. Same old cloak and dagger BS, don't look behind the curtains. Any faith I had that DR is legit went in the crapper when they didn't have any kind of online video after it was known TPF wouldn't be happening. Now just waiting to see who gets suckered bigtime, for the third time since I've been in the hobby.

#8431 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

We allready had that discussion: What would revealling anything be worth if you can't ship games?
Did it help American Pinball that Hot Wheels os out of the bag and excitement kinda died off allready?
STern did cancel the Heavy Metal reveal as well and you can bet their next game would usually have been allready annaounced allready.
Everyone want's to see stuff rather sooner then later but it just makes no sense at the moment.

Well, for one thing, it would shut people like me up, that just want to see if they're even PLANNING anything that I'd want to throw money down on... And they've had like...um...three years...? This isn't a coronavirus issue. It's a poor business management issue. They don't have anything to show, that's why there was no announcement. Almost guaranteed that the TPF announcement was ONLY going to cover RAZA and dick-all-else, and they've not even tried to make it seem otherwise.

I'm still looking forward to playing Hot Wheels, as I know at least one of my local places already had purchased one. If excitement has died down...it's because nobody's been able to play the damn thing, which has very little to do with AP's business decisions. That's a pretty big difference to me. I expect that AP, if they walk out the other side of this, will have games to ship and projects in development. Can't really say the same for DR.

#8433 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You have no idea what they were going to reveal, and the problem with the reveal was 100% the virus.

Ah, and which DR employee are you, again? So...what's the holdup now? We all clearly have access to this thing called the internet. I guess it's harder to wave your dick around like the Next Messiah of Pinball when you can't stand directly in front of 200 people, but that's not really what's preventing them from saying anything.

#8436 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That's impossible.

Not...really? I've been put in my place plenty of times. But it's going to take more than some fanboy of a barely-existent company to do it.

Quoted from Yelobird:

What would you like to hear them say and What would anyone actually believe?? The entire pinball world is on pause, they will or won’t make games when the world gets back to some form of normal.

Is it going to matter to you what my answer is? Should I have even the tiniest sliver of faith that I can present a coherent point on this board without it turning into a flamewar? Why would I even attempt to answer that at this point.....figure it out on your own, make your own decisions. There's definitely things they could have said that would've made sense to me, and that's as far down that road as I care to go.

Worth noting, seems like their website is down, but I did see this on their domain record:

Updated Date: 2020-04-24T00:31:17Z

Probably just taking a while for the new DNS information to propagate since the record was updated 2 days ago, but I can't access their site from PC or my phone. Wouldn't necessarily read anything into it, just presenting the information.

#8443 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Honestly I wasn’t actually Trying to be sarcastic with you. More, even if they did Say something would we Believe it. Not a question of your opinion. Your a good dude no punches for you.

All good man. Figuring out tone from text is spotty at best!

Quoted from jeep-mustang:

I’m taking a wild guess on this one, but maybe they are holding off showing anything because what they are planning on showing won’t display well unless in person.

That's an interesting idea, and would definitely be something I'd consider a fair point to delay on. I could even see why they wouldn't want to say what the delay is at that point, competitive advantage and all that jazz. Pity we're just speculating, though.

#8476 3 years ago

Good to see it was a DNS/server flub after all, I guess. Been there, done that, way back when I bothered keeping my own domain. Took like a month to get it all fixed....they then deleted my entire website a year or so later, and at that point, I was just done with having a website for anything. Don't regret getting rid of it.

#8478 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I was glad to get rid of my website too and I got incredibly lucky with it. After I sold my business I had my web designer take everything down and put up a simple, This Website For Sale, along with my email. It was a total long shot and I expected to just let it expire. But about 2-3 months later I sold it to music company for a stupid price. - I'd rather be lucky than smart.
Congrats Deeproot, you're back up and running. How about giving us a taste? Multimorphic didn't let the Coronavirus or the TPF closing stop them from coming out with their new machine, Heist.

I would've tried to sell my domain, but I was lucky that I got to own it at all.....both of them actually. I had Wizzrobe.com (Wizzrobe is an enemy from Zelda!) and olthoi.com (another video game monster from a MMO game that ran for 15 years). Either of those could've easily been taken by Nintendo or Turbine. Wasn't sure what the legality was of trying to sell them since I didn't own the copyrights, obviously, so I just let them lapse and go away.

1 year later
#19385 2 years ago

Just reading the last 10 pages of this thread is like triple deja vu.

I swear I saw this exact same pattern with Predator......then JPOP.....then Aliens....the exact same posts, in the same order, four times now....

#19430 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I want to see spirit and vigour in the next update.

It only takes one good marketing twit to project that....emails aren't going to answer that question.

1 week later
#19965 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

With the exception of the braggadocio... some recent hits:
"I am going to drink more beers than the rest of you combined..."
"Drinking beer is easy..."
"Due to the recent beer shortage, we won't be drinking any beer until sometime after the holiday..."
"Do they sell Purple beer at Starbucks?" Oops, that was a Jpop quote there...

Wait is Robert and Brett Kavanaugh the same guy?

#19972 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wait is Robert and Brett Kavanaugh the same guy?

I love the breakdown of votes on this. And the fact that some of you even felt the need to downvote such an obvious comparison joke is....well....so very Pinside of you. Thanks for the laugh, guys.

#20012 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the downvotes are for injecting politics into the thread?
Personally, I enjoy Pinside as a much needed respite from all things political.

Oh, I suppose. I wasn't thinking of it in that way to be honest. I just remember dude's testimony from his confirmation hearing where he went off on a rant about liking beer. But sure...it was political in intent.

#20017 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It’s pretty Funny really with the amount of drunk and belligerent posting the guy has done over the years, I’m honestly surprise that anyone can see his posts at all. All that said I would still have a drink with him, as long as he was buying of course!

Yeah, I mean, he hasn't even blocked ME. What's that say about you?

#20025 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

and you can actually punch them in the face if they get lippy with you

I really wish people would not say shit like this.

For one thing, it's stupid. You're going to risk an assault charge over....pinball? Okay.

Two...see above. Nobody actually DOES THIS. Lots of dick-wavers, very little men of action on Pinside. If all of you passed on punching out JPop, Heighway, and really honestly, ESPECIALLY the Predator guys?? c'mon. You ain't going to do crap, especially at TPF with 3000 other people around to see it.

#20039 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Man I hate it when people read something literally obvious and yet say shit like this...
For one thing, it was a joke.

Huh. Isn't this exactly the point I made about some other joke I posted yesterday about Robert/Brett Kavanaugh and got downvoted for? Funny how that works. Aside from that though, just the suggestion of physical personal violence as a solution to...pretty much anything that goes down on Pinside...is honestly enough for me to not give two shits whether you're joking or not. It's not funny, plain and simple.

Telling me to lighten up, that's a good one. Nowhere did I imply or say that YOU SPECIFICALLY would pop someone, but you seem to be taking my general comment pretty seriously. In fact, I EXPLICITLY STATED that nobody here is going to hit anyone! Maybe you're the one that needs to lighten up, eh?

#20140 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

rights to that photo of the band

Tineye has 51 matches for that photo. Doesn't appear to be unique, or that anyone cares.

#20141 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I'd drink to that if I could figure out how to pry my head from my ass long enough to take a swig... everyone has their own asshole they have to deal with on a daily basis, otherwise why the Toilet Paper shortages of 2020?, but here on Pinside there seems to be such an unlimited amount of assholes we have to deal with constantly that a lifetime supply of Toilet Paper wouldn't even scratch the surface.

I'm completely surrounded by

knew-i-was-surrounded-photo-u1 (resized).pngknew-i-was-surrounded-photo-u1 (resized).png
#20153 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's still copyrighted though.

I'm not disagreeing...just saying whoever owns the copyright for that photo is letting it be used all over the place.

2 weeks later
#21232 2 years ago

Lmao.....is that Colin MacAlpine in the pinPod video?

#21356 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

What would happen if this forum switched its attitude and had only good things to say about deeproot? Would deeproot be more open about its progress? I really doubt anyone with money on the line cares if they actually get a pinball machine at this point. I'm thinking if we're nice we increase our chances of deeproot finishing RAZA. Let's all say good things about deeproot and see if RM changes his discourse.

That never happened with Zidware, and it's not going to happen here. You cannot blame customers, potential customers, or bystanders for your failure to communicate effectively. And let's be honest...there's PLENTY of people that either paid for these games, or would still put down a deposit even today, that could be communicated with directly.

If you have the time as a business owner to trawl through Pinside over stuff to be butthurt about......you should probably find something better to do with your time. Stern doesn't waste theirs coming on here to hype up their stuff, and they're the most successful in the business. They didn't have to reveal trade secrets, or really do much of anything other than keep their mouths shut, but instead it's deadline after missed deadline. That's eventually going to piss people off. Radio silence or direct MEANINGFUL communication with purchasers would've been smarter, IMO.

#21418 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When your boss is a lawyer with a rep for overreaching contracts everywhere... I bet even once the doors are locked they will fear talking openly.

Yeah....and can we PLEASE not drag the guy through the mud on this? This is a general plea, not specifically for you, Flynn...just using your post as a reference. He's potentially lost a career (I guess 2 now if one of the other manuf. doesn't grab him) in the process. He didn't deserve that crap. He was offered his dream on a silver platter, and got served a steaming pile of crap under that cloche.

#21434 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

The one piece of unobtanium that can be auctioned off for very high price will be the one RAZA prototype. JPOP has outdone himself. He has achieved his goal of making the highest priced pin ever. Magic Girl was just a warm up.

The irony would be it getting yoinked via "civil forfeiture" and then sold to some old lady at an auction for 500 bucks for her grandkids.

#21444 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

I'd still play without pinside. I don't think I've met another pinball player who doesn't also have a pinside account.

Almost NOBODY in the Dallas/Ft. Worth pinball community of collectors and competitive players posts here regularly. That's at *least* 50+ people I know of off the top of my head that either do not have Pinside accounts at all, or don't use them enough for me to even know they exist. Given how much time I've spent on the boards over the years, and I *do* absolutely notice anytime I see someone from the area posting in things I'm reading. They're just simply not here. There's no need for them to be. They don't rely on other people's opinions about games, don't care, and pay techs to do their repair work. In the last decade, I've heard Pinside mentioned by someone other than Marcus (Xerico) or Ken (Pinballrebel) mentioned by another player.......exactly zero times ever.

#21488 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

In the back of my mind I always wanted DR to do ok because I wanted to buy their swinging target mech for my homebrew projects.

Good news now you can buy the Stern one from Mandolorian!

#21493 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That's more like a pendulum target. I mean like what was on Heat Wave, Space Odyssey, Black Pyramid, WCS94. The Ned toy in the back of RAZA was a swinging target.

Oh, okay, I get you. Yeah, there's not really a modern version of those, is there.

#21517 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

It's as if a different self, much less discerning, plunks down that pre-order deposit.

Thank christ my self-awareness won the day over my instinctual self when it came to Alice in Wonderland...

#21599 2 years ago

I just want to say what a goddamn delight it's been having Ben around on the boards all this time. I'm glad you came back, man. It was a shocker when you showed up here on Pinside, and it still kinda blows my mind that you waste your time with us schlubs at all.

#21653 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thanks for reminding me

Yeah let's not discuss my 4200 Tron Pro........or the 4800 Tron Pro that I bought after I sold the first one....

#21657 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You were also one of the very first to predict Deeproot failure.

Yes, there certainly weren't hordes of people that called that the day they announced their company.

Quoted from jawjaw:

Nobody knew how things will turn out and still don't.

Putting this in my post history so I can find it later. Mainly because it's funny to me that anyone thought this was ever going to succeed in the first place, much less that it will now. I mean...I'm willing to take that .0000005% chance that I'm wrong.

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Shout out to Deeproot & Zombies for a decade of free entertainment!
[quoted image]

Should be thanking your fellow collectors since they paid for it.

#21865 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That would be a tragedy. Imagine how many actually fun toys she could buy for $500.

Fair point, I concede.

#21953 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

In Texas it's not very relevant what you call it. If they aren't getting paid through no fault of their own they usually can get unemployment (which could be a very tiny portion of their former pay.) https://www.twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/eligibility-benefit-amounts
You might be thinking of some union specific requirements? Almost no union membership down here.

I'm in one, and it sucks. They're so worthless that the COVID notice on their front page of our local is dated *2017*, not kidding.

#21982 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Covid didn't exist in 2017; is that a typo or did they recycle some old flu guidance page and forget to change the dates?

You'd have to be a bigger chonker than I am to fat-finger a number 2 keys away. Like literal sausage fingers.

I don't know what they did, but whatever it was.......it was dumb.

#22122 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Left Claw North, right Claw South!!!!

It's been a LONG GODDAMN TIME since I've seen a Lobster Magnet reference.

1 week later
#22715 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The "trolls" called them out on that.

I feel called out right now.

Quoted from yancy:

This remains the single most batshit crazy thing I've read in my time on earth. Every few years I revisit it to see if it's as unhinged as I remember. Every time I rediscover an even more ridiculous detail I'd forgotten. Hard to fathom the amount of cocaine and chutzpah it took for Python to present this to Williams as a game they'd actually manufacture. And they sort of did!
If you've never read it, do yourself a... favor? Pull up a chair, crack open a cold one, cut a few lines on the mirror, and get inside Python's brain for a while.

Tagging this for when I get home..

#23978 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As bad as it looks for Robert he didn’t set out looking to steal $58 million. At least I don’t believe that

Yes, I know I'm always intending to not steal other people's money when I buy property in Maui with it.

#23992 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the only 'revelations' ben may still have will be found in his bible adventures game.

I have no idea if this was intentional or not, but that is a FANTASTIC double entendre.

#24264 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even with a mask on you can tell Colin McAlpine is thinking "Why the fuck am I here?!"

Someone needs to put a bubble on him that reads "My god, this is worse than talking to Frax." I will frame that.

5 months later
#28170 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

the intrigue of what may be discovered. Maybe a 10’ portrait of R.M. Esquire to hang over your fireplace?

That just screams for someone to do some art nouveau crap to it.....like drawing on it with their own feces.

1 week later
#28224 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So who here thinks Star Citizen / Cloud Imperium Games is gonna be the "deeproot of gaming"?

They already are.

1 week later
#28301 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I dunno. All the magic of this thread is gone for me. Now it's like watching a turd slowly slide down the side of a toilet bowl...

And then you hooked up a webcam and and a bidet with an articulating nozzle to a raspberry pi and now you don't have to see the smears when you come back.

#28600 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Holy f*ck, I'm offline for almost 3 months, and there's 1500 new posts. Thanks to ya'll for summarizing. I'm glad I didn't really miss any crap.

And about 300 of them from the last 24 hours LOL

1 week later
#28853 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm guessing they made wooden bucks out of MDF for the prototype ramps, which is why they all appear to be frosted in the game. The wood texture transposes to the plastic during thermoforming. There are ways around that, but im not giving my secrets away.

Primer and sanding is a trade secret now? =Þ

#29159 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got my eye on a few of the thousand chairs up for sale and maybe a whiteboard or two.

Fight me for those Mirras.

#29231 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Their promo video is also... something
13 whopping subscribers too!
I don't even get this system. It's like they have a checkout system for payment, but it's on the honor system? Has this guy ever worked in corporate america? There's a reason why most companies hire vending machine companies.

Um.....

I work for a top 25 company in the Fortune 500. Our snacks room (which hasn't been refilled since COVID started) is entirely the honor system. Like you just pick up the stuff, walk over to the scanner and pay at the terminal. Non-manned. You could just put something in a bag and walk out. If they even have cameras in there, it's very well hidden.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.