View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8416 4 years ago

How much were your NSF fees on that cheque?

4 months later
#9188 3 years ago

9.0.20. d.ollars MSRP

2 weeks later
#9697 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Just a few forgotten 80s classics:
Fast Times at Ridgemount High
Caddyshack
Friday the 13th
The Breakfast Club
The Lost Boys
Untouchables
Heathers
First Blood
Purple Rain
This is Spinal Tap
Robocop
Platoon
Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Thing

You forgot Annie.

#9708 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Oh dear God, that would be bad. Why not make a Tootsie pin while we're at it.

C'mon, Hard Enough Life Multiball! I can hear the Daddy Warbucks callout already.

#10225 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Who needs a countdown when you can have a countUP!
[quoted image]

Ha ha! This is awesome. You could also just post a regular clock.

#10272 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

September 21, 2020.
deeproot Pinball has spent years redesigning the pinball machine from the ground up with countless novel approaches. On this past Saturday, we had hoped to host a launch event with six well known pinball personalities. Due to technical issues and lots of feedback from our Guests, it ended up being more of a beta event. We are grateful and thankful to Lauren, Cary, Colin, Jeff, Chris, and Krystle for their invaluable feedback and involvement in refining our platform to be the best it can be.
The result is the realization that we are not as ready for launch as we had hoped. We are already working hard to fix the technical issues and implement our guests’ feedback.
So the only right decision today is to postpone the public release of our platform and our first game RAZA. We hope that you agree that releasing a well-engineered and fun-to-play RAZA is in everyone’s best interest!
We hope to update you during this process. We remain deeply committed to delivering the highest quality of gameplay and innovation to our players. We thank you for your continued trust and patience.
-- The Team at deeproot Pinball

I've seen messages like this on the internet before. Typically it's after the owners have been arrested, assets ceased and the website has been torn down.

#10289 3 years ago

I've always wanted to use this image.

bullshit-meter-2 (resized).jpgbullshit-meter-2 (resized).jpg

#10588 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I really like the head (ha.ha.ha.), but doesn't it look like the translite is already falling down? It's already slipped an inch on the left with just a little beta testing.

That is just the art you are looking at I believe. It's a slanted line. Look at the bottom right corner.

#10593 3 years ago

The game would look better with habitrails coming back down to the inlanes. The frosted return ramps are blocking the art.

#10624 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So is this pin connected to the internet?
[quoted image]

Could be a blue extension cord for all we know.

#10926 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Except from Ben Heck. There are people with cash in their hands from him "providing legal advice without a license" .
[quoted image]

Ha ha. I had forgot about this post. Gave me another great laugh.

#11379 3 years ago

I think DP should have gotten a pin or maybe even two under their belts before innovating. They could have released RAZA with the wrap-around translite as their first innovation or with the hatchback glass lift while R&D continued on their new apron screen. Then release a second pin with another innovation, and then by the time the third rolls around implement the PinBar. Slow and steady as they say.

This way they build up their manufacturing, customer base and see what works and doesn't work on their pins.

#11684 3 years ago

The PinBar kind of reminds me of what people have been doing for years now on virtual pins.

pinbar (resized).JPGpinbar (resized).JPG
#11687 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I think their pinbar idea is good ... just their implimentation is clunky, and naughties looking.
The "touch display" could be the size of original DE like Hook etc. , that would nearly fit in a conventional size lockbar. Also have a Flat Surface, no edge where the screen finishes, like modern devices. Even if it becomes a transparent insert into a metal surround. Flusshhhh!
Corners ROUNDED!
Then it would be a hit! , at the same time as not so bothersome to those prefering something less harsh and obtrusive. Minimised a bit, it would look no more out of place than a "boom" button, or whatever.
Also for redundancy, retain a flamin start button!

I like the idea. My kids think it's cool. I just don't think it's the level of innovation that they are claiming it to be. I will reserve all judgement until I have hands on experience.

#11696 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Who, in their right mind, thinks putting ANYTHING between the lockbar and the lower arch is a good idea? I want to stare at my flippers and the area in front of them, anything that gets between me and seeing my flippers is a non-starter. Pinball is a game of hand-eye coordination, but only if the eye can see the fricken ball and the hand isn’t being nerve damaged by the crease those press-brake formed edges in the stainless are leaving in my palms. My brother owns a Stellar Wars, so yeah, first hand experience speaking here.

Based on the video's posted in the last couple days, seeing the flippers and the area in front of them was a non-issue.

1 week later
#12395 3 years ago

This thread was garbage before, but the last three pages has convinced me to ignore it until December. Maybe then I'll witness a Christmas miracle.

2 weeks later
#12869 3 years ago

This thread is a self-inflicted wound. I continually punish myself by scrolling through every 100 new posts of nothingness. I hope this doesn't come up in my therapy session again.

1 month later
#13304 3 years ago

Ugh... I don't know why, but I'm having difficulties watching this.

#13356 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So my thoughts
4. That display in the backbox just kills me, even more so seeing it on a typical multi-window stream. I can't stand redundancy for no reason whatsoever in design. If anything it should be the complete opposite, each feature should have multiple functions.

I couldn't agree with you more. Why have two screens? I know the Pinbar is going to be used for Ball Save, and diagnostics, but the majority of the time it was just displaying what the backbox display was already showing. Why do I need to see the same thing twice? I really think the ball was dropped here. DR had an opportunity to display different perspectives on each display, or provide full video in the backbox, while providing instructions to the player on the Pinbar. Using it as a duplicate screen got old fast for me.

#13635 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I tried to get Ben to move on and answer some legitimate questions I had for him regarding the Pinbar. He never answered and decided to continue his attacks on JPop. His choice...I will not comment on his personal vendetta again.

I still find Ben's comments refreshing. Keep them coming Ben.

#13677 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

These are very valid thoughts. What happens when you sell the pinball, does the content passes along with it, is it attached to the machine or the subscriber, and more than anything does the pinball require an active internet connexion and can the dlc owner remove features remotely.

An active internet connection means death to most products. Look at EA's DRM release of SimCity back in 2013/2014 for a perfect example. It was a disaster.

1 week later
#13846 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Heighway and DP's mistake was trying to actually build games. Instead of trying to grift their way to retirement age.
Everyone knows the best way to lure investors is by making a fake diorama of a game that looks like Rainbow Bright vomited up Fruit Loops onto the glow-in-the-dark carpet of a bowling alley floor.

I'd be in on a Rainbow Bright pin. Lurky was the shit.

3 months later
#16440 3 years ago

I had to look up a 9/80 work schedule. Interesting concept, but my wife wouldn't approve and it doesn't give me a lot of time with the kids.

#16458 3 years ago

9/80 sounds painful. How do you get a 2-hour lunch in there? How many smoke breaks are in a 9-hour shift? I'll stick to my 7/7/7/7/5 40-hour week and use my 5 weeks vacation, 2 weeks personal leave, or 2 weeks carry-over vacation to take off every second Friday.

1 week later
#16600 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Millenials and zoomers like pinball because it's a retro relic from the past.

Millennials.

Can we talk about something more interesting? When is the Ben Heck Show revival? YouTube has been taken over by couples videos since you left.

#16709 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

that backglass is literally a rehash of TOM, replace woman with Ben.
[quoted image]

Ben needs to unbutton his shirt a bit more before I make any kind of true comparison.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=Fifty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.