View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FalconPunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

this page:
https://zidware.deeproottech.com/
is way too complicated and legalese for a non-lawyer like myself.
I have no idea what they are offering. I also see that they want proof of payments, and obviously most of us got jack shit from John for our money. He couldn't even provide statements when asked.

Surely no one paid him in cash.
So there would be paypal records, or bank statements that would prove that you paid him.

Well done @pin2d, A lot of info in there. Glad to hear that ZY has agreed to terms. Still a long long long long ride to go for everyone else though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"TWIP: What options are on the table?

dr: In the many years I worked as an attorney, I found it hard to reason or negotiate with people who don’t know what they don’t know. According to Dhaval, their attorney has been looking at our proposed documents for three months now. We would prefer they sign the reasonable docs and go about their business selling Houdini’s to their hearts content without a disruption of their business with injunctive action."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. Yes! This is the best way to launch a company. To threaten to stop ANOTHER company from producing a pin with an injunction. Yikes. What a mess.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

John's reality distortion field is truly amazing.

John "Siren" Popaduik

ˈdʒɒn sʌɪr(ə) n/
noun

In Pinball mythology, the John Siren Popaduik (Greek singular: Σειρήν Seirēn; Greek plural: Σειρῆνες Seirēnes) was a dangerous creature, who lured nearby investors with his enchanting music, unfinished playfield designs, and foamcore mockups only to shipwreck them and cause them to lose hundreds of thousands of $$.

1 month later
#265 6 years ago

I love TWIP for this article.
There is so much content in there.

Any Arrested Development fans out there? I couldn't help but to think of this when I was reading.

Obviously with all of those hires they are pretty serious about it all. I guess if American pinball can do it, then there is nothing stopping Deeproot as well. Not sure if the pinball industry is the type of industry that you came in and 'crush' your competitors. I think the buying community runs off confidence, and by mid 2019 I think there will be less than there is now.

eipugIu (resized).jpgeipugIu (resized).jpg

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Why does a company that can't manufacture games yet need 3 pinball designers? This whole thing is stranger then the "thank me for Elvira 3" nonsense.

3?
I counted 4.
As many as stern

#394 6 years ago

A reminder of what JPs Houndi looked like at expo 2016 -

1 week later
#412 6 years ago

I like the bit they wrote specifically for kaneda.
You cannot poopoo the process. Defame us on the forums or on a podcast or your claim will most likely get denied.

Didn't cointaker buy a bunch of these machines? It's a company and not an individual. So does that mean they cannot claim at all? They have to sue John? Or that they have to entire into an agreement as an individual for some legal reason?

7 months later
#1480 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Was a great read. I wonder if the cabinet will have just a big LCD screen for the head.

Like JJP? I mean that's the biggest regular size you can fit in horizontally.

2 weeks later
#1740 5 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

If that's what happened, Steve was acting very unprofessionally.
Considering the fact that Steve is also rehashing his own designs it's pretty embarassing actually.

I think he actually said 'comic game'. Not copy game

2 months later
#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

How can you give away what doesn't exist? What's next, are they going to give away air?

Are you saying air doesn't exist

*Gasp*

1 year later
#11502 3 years ago

Got sent a leaked pic of one of the testers from the failed launch.

IMG_20200924_231752 (resized).jpgIMG_20200924_231752 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#12729 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Did anyone receive their t-shirts?

I got mine a while ago.
Sign language says 5 days of f**king I think. Screenshot_20201012-234645_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201012-234645_Photos (resized).jpg

1 month later
#13902 3 years ago

It's been so many years I have forgotten what Deeproot has said.

Is this being assembled in the US? Or China?
I don't think people would have an issue with where they are being made.

There has to be a reason why they haven't shown production lines, or capabilities.

I don't care if its quad, octo, or whatever name they want to call it.
I think the industry (at least a large percentage of people anyway) is waaaaaay past putting money down for games, deposit or not, without seeing the manufacturing capabilities of a company.

5 months later
#18313 2 years ago

5 months ago
----
Is there a production line?

Are you going to show pictures of your production line?

We made the mistake of trusting the VIP’s to keep things confidential; and the supposed secret that leaked (that we had no production going, or that we have none now) are all false. So yes, there is a production line set up for the first month’s anticipated volume. And no, we are not going to show pictures. We don’t have anything to prove other than putting quality RAZA machines in boxes and delivering them to customers as quick as our production schedule anticipates.

1 month later
#19075 2 years ago

What’s the difference between JPOP and a dead hooker? JPOP still sucks

1 month later
#20507 2 years ago

Here is my deeproot shirt that I got 3 employees to sign for me at Texas Pinball festival in 2018.

I still haven't washed it

photo_2021-07-27_10-26-56 (resized).jpgphoto_2021-07-27_10-26-56 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#22518 2 years ago

Who is the never nude?

1 week later
#23991 2 years ago

I mean.... it was pretty obvious all along

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#25136 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Interesting reading all the stuff out there. Things could of been different, & a different result if other things happened. I believe if all his 3 pins were completely finished & played decently a company would of sold thousands of them. Unfortunately Deeproot Pinball had no real intention to manufacture games. They could of been running many different lines with JPOP & all the other designers at the same time.
https://popsci.tumblr.com/post/159568011538/at-16000-magic-girl-was-the-worlds-most

You actually make my gut turn circles when I read your posts.

How does someone like you exist. I feel like you have already made a deal with the devil and you are here trying to convince yourself it was a good choice.

If you are trolling it's not funny.
If you are serious get your head checked by someone please.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FalconPunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=FalconPunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.