View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drewscruis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

They will, in two weeks.

money-pit-two-weeks-two-weeks-gif (resized).pngmoney-pit-two-weeks-two-weeks-gif (resized).png

2 months later
#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Did deeproot ever mention how they were going to be making their playfields or out of what material? I remember the hammer test statements so assume their playfields won’t be made out of wood?

They will be made out of "vaporware" completely indestructible due to them not existing.

2 months later
#1600 5 years ago

Here's my vote lol

914motkvsppz (resized).jpg914motkvsppz (resized).jpg

3 months later
#2233 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

"deeproot Pinball plans to give away a FREE pinball machine for each designer to some lucky winners!! Designers include Robert Mueller, Dennis Nordman, Jon Norris, Barry Oursler, and John Popadiuk. You get a FREE deeproot machine of your choice by that designer! The designer will also help set up the machine, discuss the design process and the game, and play your game at your place of residence!! You can invite up to four friends. These giveaways will take place after deeproot Pinball officially launches!! (Reasonable restrictions apply. Subject to change.)"
Oh my.. where have we heard this before...

How can you give away what doesn't exist? What's next, are they going to give away air?

#2262 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Soooo youre saying there is a chance of jpop personaly bringing a pinball mchine to someones house?

If I win the Jpop machine, when he comes to drop it off i'll wear nothing but a g-string and make him very uncomfortable. Picture a 300lb yeti wearing butt floss lol.

3 weeks later
#2331 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Cool, glad JPop is a great office guy. Soo... are you guys going to you know.. make a pinball machine eventually?

Only thing they're making is vaporware

2 months later
#2943 5 years ago

Ya'll are a bunch of lemmings. Look a shiny new video. Woah, take my money. .....idiot's, there is no physical product yet, just a video. This is a page right out of the jpop playbook.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$#!+....

1 month later
#3594 4 years ago

Thought something important was posted, just another fart in the wind.

1 month later
#3981 4 years ago

This entire thread is nothing short of a dumpster fire

1 month later
#4644 4 years ago

Is it just me, or does wolfemaaan sound like kaneda's annoying younger sibling...

2 months later
#5109 4 years ago

My prediction is he shows up with a box of blinking Christmas lights.

2 weeks later
#5307 4 years ago

Maybe they will put jpop in a box and call it the d!¢k in a box pinball.....

1 week later
#6140 4 years ago

Looking closer at this build. I hope the 3d printed parts (Ferris wheel,atomic shop sign) are replaced with injection molded parts. This machine seems like it was rushed.

#6143 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

It's too expensive and time-consuming to mass-produce 3d printed parts. Almost certainly this was just for fast prototyping.

I get that, but the layer height on the atomic shop sign is atrocious. The ferris wheel looks like someone took the time to adjust settings properly to get a functional and decent looking part. My 9yr old can 3d print better parts.

4 weeks later
#6928 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Today has to be a dark day for Deeproot...Punny Factory is about to decimate the market after being revealed yesterday.
But in all seriousness, that clown in Canada just brought a finished game to market in a fraction of the time it has taken Robert and his dream team to show us a half finished Jpop retread.

I had to read up on this as this is the first I have seen anything about it. Interesting concept, wonder what the other established manufacturers think.

2 months later
#7647 4 years ago

I see it now, a RAZA in the background, and then a pile of tablets running their latest virtual pinball with multiple tables....

2 weeks later
#7950 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Did the Spanish get there asses kicked in 1918?

"Was it over when the Germans bombed pear harbor?"

AH quote.

1 month later
#8391 4 years ago

I'm just making a wild assumption here, but I think the real reason Robert took a shining to jpop was that he could basically use him as a slave. There was nothing jpop could do about it because of the situation he got himself into.

4 months later
#9021 3 years ago

Not to be a Debbie downer, but this company has proven time and again they fail to meet any deadline they have set. What makes this time so different?

1 week later
#9215 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

This just up!
[quoted image]

So are they trying to sell soiled underwear because they craped themselves when they realized it's going to take 25yrs to break even?

1 week later
#9604 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

just released: the 'hammer tester' audition tapes.
who do you think got the job?
===============================
1] the moonlighting maitre d'
2] iron man
3] the big wind up
4] lumberjack wannabe
5] dust in the wind

You forgot 6] Gallagher watermelon....

#9830 3 years ago

I'm going to laugh my butt off if their big reveal is a virtual pin.....

#10162 3 years ago

This reeks of kman....

#10394 3 years ago

Hmm deep root = derailed realizations... what a joke. And to all those championing this disaster. Robert just spanked on your faces, as Nelson would say Ha Ha...

#10954 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Bend over and JPOP will be happy to demonstrate for you!

Bend over, touch your toes, jpop will show you where the monster goes...

#11036 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

How is that glass system supposed to work for those who have low ceilings? I've seen some gamerooms where there is barely any room for toppers and this seems to need a lot more clearance.[quoted image]

Bally had something similar in the 70's with em pins like nip it. They abandoned that idea only after a few short years.

#11308 3 years ago

Anybody that expects this to be a sub 10k pin is sorely mistaken. With all the added glitter and glam its definitely north of 10k, how far north is anybodys guess.

#11872 3 years ago

So, um.... when does the next countdown begin? Or should we just continue to bicker amongst ourselves?

#12084 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I agree Ben!
after installing a double din touchscreen radio in my 99 Toyota truck a few years ago I realized just how much I hate touchscreens. I used to be able to blindly adjust volume or change channels. Not any more. There isn’t even a G Damn knob for The volume!!!

I just modified my factory stereo in my 86 monte ss to be bluetooth compatible for this very reason. I want the knobs and buttons.

#12287 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, that's me in my 80's Corvette! Gad!...what happened to that guy??
[quoted image]

That's a late 70's vette. Early 80's had a different front air dam and a rear spoiler, shortly after that the c4 was released in 84

#12308 3 years ago

This my contribution to the 80s cars. This is my 86 monte carlo ss.

00V0V_jS2scARIRX_1200x900 (resized).jpg00V0V_jS2scARIRX_1200x900 (resized).jpg
#12491 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe after deeproot Jpop can go work at a food truck.

Hed screw that up too. Youd order a taco and hed give you a vegan salad....

#12554 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's the wizard mode in Food Truck.

I thought wizard mode is when you get the sharts after eating the food...lol

3 weeks later
#13019 3 years ago

Hmm, how to become a millionaire at pinball manufacturing? start as a billionaire...

1 month later
#13974 3 years ago

For immediate release, deeproot would also like to announce the release of the jpop scooter..

9bf31c7ff062936a96d3c8bd1f8f2ff3 (resized).jpg9bf31c7ff062936a96d3c8bd1f8f2ff3 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#15281 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This thread is so useful?
Here is song that sums it up?
Round and round....

Are you saying this thread has a ratt problem?

3 weeks later
#15808 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Man, tonight sucked. I went down to the basement to play some pinball. No matter what game I played or how many times I played it, my scores were static. The score was the score was the score. In all the years pinball has been around, why on earth hasn’t anyone fixed this!? If only there was some “score” innovation in pinball!
After 3 hours of playing I finally just said “screw it”, and now I’m back on Pinside. Blah!

Take the glass off next time, will vastly improve your scores...lol

2 months later
#17618 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Wow, their San Antonio office seems swanky by the flyer. On site gym and cafeteria (you can see Robert's pinballs in the photo?)
[quoted image]
They can advertise the manufacturing wing as unused for the next tenant
The SLC office seems/seemed more normal and about $30/sqft based off some light googling.

I see a pin pod in the lab side, but that it. Minus the stuff in the break room.

#17737 3 years ago

I took a few classes on plant layout and material handling in college. If this is their proposed manufacturing facility it has absolutely no flow at all. Where are incoming deliveries going to br dropped at? The shipping dock? The entire design of the place is a mess, that is an office with a pack an play room for r and d....

#17747 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

college doesn't always translate to real world..........................

No, it doesn't. But I've worked in a few factories before I went back to college. I have real world experience along with college experiences. So it helps me have a better idea of what really works, and what just works on paper. In deeproots case neither do...

#17779 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Since there are going to be a lot more delays, maybe JPop can noodle on making a new promo video like yesteryear.

Now that’s entertainment

Maybe he can make Star wars episode 1 play better with less jarjar since he has so much time on his hands...lol

1 month later
#18386 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What's JPOP's obsession with coming inside your home?

My wife has purple nail polish....

2 weeks later
#18778 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Heads up, Robert: David Fix says he'll pick up the phone if you want to talk contract manufacturing for Raza with American Pinball

Last person I'd want to talk to about anything pinball....

#18780 2 years ago

Let's just say he has made quite the reputation for himself in the buffalo area. And that's all I'm going to say.

2 weeks later
#19130 2 years ago

So are we going from 5 days of deeproot, to 5 years of no deeproot?

3 weeks later
#19889 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL, how do you know i haven't already had the "tour" Ben? I'm under a very strict NDA.
But i can still take parking lot pics. Coming up right after lunch for your viewing pleasure.

Hey, it's past noon in texas right now. Don't see any pics yet.....

1 week later
#20371 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Is Robert going to keep John as a pet after all this is over?

As long as John dresses like this, Robert will keep him around...

Gimp2 (resized).jpgGimp2 (resized).jpg
#20643 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m pretty sure David Fix at AP offered it up
Here’s the thing, they haven’t actually sued anybody now have they, just gotten sued, despite the many threats you don’t just go around filing frivolous lawsuits with no basis so why would ANYONE be worried about that nonsense? They shouldn’t be
I don’t need stories to understand what’s going on

Ice, If you trust anything that comes out of dave fix's mouth, you're credibility is zilch.

1 week later
#21203 2 years ago

This was found on the deeproot bulletin board for sale...looks like they're trying to raise money to build these things after all....

img_1_1628116175276 (resized).jpgimg_1_1628116175276 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#22066 2 years ago

Hmmmmm

8d5d9a05c0291c74a1cf22854b4b0ad5fb34ff1d (resized).jpg8d5d9a05c0291c74a1cf22854b4b0ad5fb34ff1d (resized).jpg9bf31c7ff062936a96d3c8bd1f8f2ff3 (resized).jpg9bf31c7ff062936a96d3c8bd1f8f2ff3 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#23066 2 years ago

So it official now, deeproot is dead..

And iceman's credibility is now less than zero...

#23098 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He's soon to have no wives.

Oh he will have a whole new kind of wife in the klink, but they may be calling him the bitch instead...

#23142 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

the courtroom sketches would be entertaining

Only if they were done exclusively in purple crayon...lol

2 weeks later
#25529 2 years ago

So when Robert goes to prison, will hammer tested have a new meaning for him??

#25644 2 years ago

So... when do we get a photo of Bobby doing the perp walk?

#25814 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I do like foam core!

If you like foam core you should check out clowncore on youtube. You've been warned..lol

2 weeks later
#26053 2 years ago

Didn't atari pinball just put spade connectors on all their coils?

1 month later
#26918 2 years ago

Looks like the law finally caught up with jpop... lol

img_1_1636579328687 (resized).jpgimg_1_1636579328687 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#28786 2 years ago

I'm just going to throw out they fetch $100k plus for each sorta complete box of lights that may or may not work. Some people in this hobby have huge egos with even bigger bank accounts.

4 months later
#31783 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Maybe no one wants to hear a bunch of others also. I will continue to post on about Deeproot Pinball, & the sale of the remains. If you have hatred about my thread go there. Stuff was going on which I have clearly stated that I cannot publicly disclose. You want to bury it go ahead.

Considering some of your "insider info" is coming from the likes of Dave fix your clearly drinking the kool-aid...

7 months later
#32652 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wait for it…..

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAH!!!
Omg, that’s the funniest thing I’ve read on Pinside since you thought you could threaten Trailer Park Boys into giving you a license that you were incapable of building.

What the heck are they putting in that Canadian beer?

#32697 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I bet 5 well meaning pinsiders just sent blank checks to this guy...that seems to be the SOP here.

I'll offer this. Have the well meaning pinsiders pay me half of what this other nonexistent pinball will cost. I'll personally fly out to where they live, and kick them in the balls. At least they'll get something for their money.

#32723 1 year ago

Did they clear coat that play field with a foam roller???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drewscruis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=Drewscruis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.