Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1908 5 years ago

All i care about is what pins they are coming out with, but i can't seem to find a list.

Does anyone know what pinballs they are making?

4 months later
#2796 5 years ago

When was the last "confirmed" release or update info from DP?

1 month later
#3601 4 years ago

I live how every time deeproot says something random, it stirs up thousands of posts.

"The Sun is up." - Deeproot
Post, post, post, post....

2 months later
#4584 4 years ago

I am a pinballer through and through. I love all pinball and this is a great time to be a collector/player.
I wish all the success in the world to deeproot. They are the single most important reason I am going to the Houston pinball and arcade expo.
I will say, however, if they don't show or don't have playable pins...i will be hugely disappointed...probably to the point I will have to give up on them. I'm hoping that is not the case.

1 month later
#4971 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Why did Deeproot ( Robert ) go inactive a month ago?

Hopefully because they are focusing on getting RAZA up and running for HAP. They are on the game list.

1 month later
#5219 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I am with you. Every time I see 12 new posts I am like hey, must be some new news about this new pinball company, then click on it, and nothing I was expecting.

Literally what has happened to me 20 times on this thread....

This is why I am going to HAP. I want to see what's going on. No BS. No hype train. Simply what they have ready to show.

I hope.

2 weeks later
#5997 4 years ago

RAZA first impressions:

The art package looks very promising. I like the gameplay. Obviously the cab and apron are still being worked on. I'm very excited to see what animations they will be going.

Overall it looks like it could be a big hit.

#6132 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdoubleu1:

Any of you folks that have watched video and say... do these players just suck or what’s going on??? I played it at least 10 times over the weekend. This “prototype” is a heaping pile of shit. But...BUY IT NOW! Haha

Screenshot_20191118-000536~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191118-000536~2 (resized).png
#6482 4 years ago

I am truly rooting for Deeproot. As pinball collectors and enthusiasts, we should ALL be pulling for them. More pinball companies equal better options, further innovation, and potentially even pricing wars.

After playing quite a few games on RAZA, I have high hopes. It had everything to make me believe they can make it in the business. The pins need some tweaks, for sure...but they were fun to play.

I will greatly be looking forward to the showcasing of them at TPF.

1 week later
#6769 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Someone needs to make “I got Deeprooted” T-shirts

Your mama got "deep rooted"

Lol

4 months later
#8351 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Drinking? No way dudes, I’m gonna have what you are having. Roll up some tasty Doobies and fire up the crack pipe later!
Should be fun times

Hugs, not drugs

#8366 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I thought that comment was kind of interesting as well Concrete as you and i both were right there from the actual beginning of RAZA.
Just got a chance to listen to the interview on my way back home from the beach this afternoon and several things in addition to the above comment struck me as a bit strange.
I'm not sure why you would say you are going to limit RAZA sales to 500/750? This game has been in development for at least 6 years or so? When you say you don't want it to "clog your production" line that sort of baffles me. And that you want to use RAZA to "work the kinks out". It begs the question doesn't it, what exactly is the "production capability" of Deeproot? I don't think it will sell that many btw unless they did it Spooky style.
Limiting RAZA while at the same time having multiple art options and other custom items in the game? I don't get that part either.
I also don't understand the continued fascination with JPOP. Maybe John has also learned from his mistakes but i thought Kaneda had a great question regarding Magic Girl. "What was John thinking re x, y, z.....?" Does he really get it? Or is he leading everybody down the Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole?
It was good to hear they admitted the mistake on the RAZA ramp and fixing it instead of continuing to make excuses for it.
What is objectively clear is that there has been a failure of execution over the past 3 1/2 years. This is an "execution" business that is based on pinball sales, especially missing a sales time frame that was the best pinball has ever seen.
Sometimes going to the "University of Failure" and hard knocks is some of the best schooling ever! I also don't believe you can be successful going in and out of being "passionate" about what you are doing. I'd go back to a Buffet saying, "if you aren't willing to invest in a company for 10 yrs you shouldn't spend 10 minutes in it". News flash, how long has successful Stern pinball been in business? 27 years now, many ups and downs.
It does sound like he has finally gotten the needed "focus" in place on actually creating a pinball machine and getting a "win", with an all hands on deck approach. "Working for minimum wage" and "taking years of my life" is what it takes to build a successful business. Not expecting that going in seems a bit naive?
As for the "coding" approach, i don't get that either, every individual is going to work on every aspect of every game in the production line of coding versus the way Stern does it with "coding teams". I'll be interested to see how that plays out. One bad link in the chain makes them all inferior. I don't believe it's going to work well.
You can have a "Game Plan" all day long, your goals and your wishes, but it always comes down to execution and learning from your mistakes. Sometimes ego and arrogance get in the way of making sound business decisions.
We all live and learn every day. Hopefully the "learn" part sticks. To me Robert is too focused on "having his day in the sun" with some blown out media launch. He also mentioned that "prior to Covid-19, they were on pace to "break the record" of introducing 9-10 games in a given year". I assume he meant 2020. What?......
What exactly is the cadence of these future games? He mentioned we wouldn't see the big time Harry Potter type title until 2021 and that due to complexity wouldn't see Magic Girl or Alice in Wonderland beyond that? That's another major head scratcher to me.
The most difficult time is ahead for them it seems to me. Think about it, Stern has approx. 300 employees and they were up to at least 15k games per year production wise. That is called "execution".
Being able to "scale up" to meet demand, and the ebb and flow thereof, will be the biggest challenge these guys are going to face. Ask JJP.
How many pinball games need to be sold to reach breakeven?
Why did Mattel choose American Pinball over Deeproot with all of the DR resources?
People have already seen RAZA! Get it out there and start shipping it. Then you can do the vanity launch at a later date.
I wish them luck, the long road ahead is just beginning. It's time to execute. Bottom line is you just gotta get it done! GL guys

I had to split that reading up into 3 separate seatings.

#8385 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Wrong. He used plenty of line breaks.
It's the wall of texts with no line breaks that are unreadable.
I'd rather read a long thoughtful post then a one sentence critique from a nitpicking troll.
mof.

Pump the brakes, it was a joke.

#8400 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Working on a couple things for TWIP next week, one about COVID and one as a follow up to the Kaneda interview with deeproot.
For deeproot/Robert, how about an AMA reddit style? AMA = Ask Me (HIM) Anything
Post here or PM me your questions or email me at [email protected]
You guys do the interview! What could go wrong?
Get them to me by tomorrow at 7PM Eastern!
- Jeff

I would love to know when RAZA is going to be released and what other pins are supposed to be coming out.

5 months later
#10745 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

A behind the scenes aftermath documentary will likely be fascinating to watch.

Quoted from aingide:

I'd preorder that.

Screenshot_20200908-004101~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200908-004101~2 (resized).png
#11522 3 years ago

Goonies is already an "insta-buy, " but what about the combative racing license? If it is Mario Kart, then I am in trouble because I will have to come up with the funds!

Screenshot_20200924-114514~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200924-114514~2 (resized).png
#11558 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It's interesting reading the comments here on Pinside vs. comments in other pinball groups. Way more negative from the Pinside crowd that seems to want traditional pinball games with licensed themes. Nothing wrong with traditional pinball games of course, but it took other companies doing LCD screens years to push Stern in that direction, a new company needs to find a different market share and push innovation. If I'm to believe the comments people are making on Facebook pinball forums and other groups, there is actually a fair amount of excitement out there in the pinball community for alot of what's been revealed so far.

I am absolutely stoked. If they truly put out even half as many pins over the next year or two that they say, it will be a huge win.

I am tentative about their timeline and about the actual number of pins they can produce. I don't see how anyone couldn't be at this point...but a new company with fresh innovations is GREAT for pinball.

#11658 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Someone mentioned that Pinside is too negative and that the crowd on Facebook is more positive and inclusive.
That’s because Facebook is filled with people who ask questions like “my ball is stuck what now”, “how much is this Raven worth” and “why hasn’t any company printed information on the bottom of a play field before”.
Facebook is filled with people who don’t know anything about pinball. That’s why they’re so positive - they are unburdened by knowledge or experience.
Just keep that in mind.

Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean..... yeah sure. But we are a bunch of salty cunts here, too

I am on just about every pinball website, group, FB page etc...and they are all this way. In fact, it is much the same all over the net because people tend to lose their filter via the web. Anonymity allows people to act more extreme than they would otherwise. Call it being a "keyboard warrior" or whatever, but it happens across threads, forums, and sites internet wide.

1 year later
#28065 2 years ago

dc2010
Will you be attending?
Is there any online bidding?

1 month later
#28393 2 years ago

I am very interested in getting a RAZA playfield for my gameroom. If anyone happens to get ahold of one in a lot, feel free to PM me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=Daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.