Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#356 6 years ago

nevermind, dumb laws

#359 6 years ago

It is like trademarking Alice in Wonderland. It should be public domain.

#363 6 years ago

JPop's cancer spreads wherever he goes.

Also, why is Jpop's attorney representing American Pinball when he was representing Zidware and now JPop is at Deeproot? It seems like conflicts of interest doesn't it?

#387 6 years ago

My wife was once hit on by David Copperfield a few years before I met her. Fortunately, she was not interested in him.

Copperfield has had various allegations against him by women. There is enough smoke there that a huge creepy vibe comes off.

1 month later
#711 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

I am glad I held off posting something about the pants when I first saw the original picture and waited to see if someone else would say anything.

8 months later
#1959 5 years ago

Insert the old jokes about JPop and delays???

I can’t imagine him learning how to work faster than he has in the past on any of the deeproot games he is working. Dilettantism is probably hard to cure.

1 year later
#9979 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Anyone see this? Sorry if it’s already been posted.

Is that really the game? Where is the art?

#10220 3 years ago

Bd equals Before death?

#10274 3 years ago

With what we have seen in sales over the last decade it seems suicidal to do eight non-licensed games and only one licensed.

#10300 3 years ago
F53FC759-2198-48A1-88EF-EAF9CA328001 (resized).jpegF53FC759-2198-48A1-88EF-EAF9CA328001 (resized).jpeg
#10340 3 years ago
249A6231-EB0B-4D82-BAEE-93E3EC78192C (resized).jpeg249A6231-EB0B-4D82-BAEE-93E3EC78192C (resized).jpeg
#11033 3 years ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

My prediction is they will finish RAZA, sell some, not a lot, there will be headaches operating it, they will sell the company (themes and development) to another manufacturer to cut their losses.

Would they really have anything of value to sell?

#11043 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Some patents on stuff other companies probably aren't interested in. CAD files that likely won't be formatted the same way as another company's preferred system. No designers to actually explain any of the design work or where it was left off. And a bunch of software libraries written for Unity, which I don't think anyone else uses. Seems like they made plenty of concept artwork though

I have not seen any deeproot patents. They would be public if they existed.

#11050 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

They could be provisional patents which is common for new companies until they are granted. Provisionals are not published they are just timestamps on aspiring patents.

PGPubs is 18 months unless they requested non-publication of any applications for patent. Weren’t they saying they filed for patents several years ago?

#11798 3 years ago

I hear certain podcasters criticizing pinsiders for making fun of some of the licenses deeproot has announced. The only problem with that is these podcasters pretty much admitted they would not buy these crap titles either. These podcasters go on to say that any pinball to play is better than doing something that is not pinball. I am sorry but this is dumb statement because if nobody is going to buy a shitty theme it will not be available to play because they will not exist in quantity, and a shitty theme is wasting resources and hurting the pinball company’s finances. Designing a licensed/themed game people would actually want to buy would be much more likely to make the pinball company viable and result in more games for us to play.
Pinball machines are expensive. Paying $7000 for a non-licensed pinball machine seems somewhat hollow. In the days before games were so expensive, non-licensed games were more viable because the sounds and video were not as comprehensive and encompassing due to the lack of technology. Those days are pretty much over with massively coded games, lcd screens and stereo sound in combination with big price tags.

#11824 3 years ago

How can they state 5% income/payment and continue that if they are losing money? Would that be a form of a Ponzi? If not, then at what point does it become a Ponzi if it does not appear to be likely to ever be profitable?
79675954-6F96-492E-96DB-83E6DDF62FDC (resized).jpeg79675954-6F96-492E-96DB-83E6DDF62FDC (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#12904 3 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Deeproot needs A New Start[quoted image]

Anus tart

9 months later
#23149 2 years ago

What no Pinbar then?

#23152 2 years ago

What does this make it for J Pop, 0 for 22 years now?

#23157 2 years ago

Congrats to jimwe5t from this Dec. 2019 post. You appear to be the first that called Deeproot out as appearing to be a Ponzi:

Quoted from jimwe5t:

If DP doesn’t have all the markings of a Ponzi scheme, I don’t know what does.
1. Instead of Jpop messing with early adopters money: DP instead is messing with investors money. To date not Manufactering a thing, except showing an old prototype that was probably mostly done when JPop began working on RAZA 8 years ago. Can’t believe that is all they have to show for DPs 5 years of effort.
2. Working on a dozen prototypes, instead of trying to get game one done and out the door is very fishy. How can any company survive, pay all those people and building/buisness overhead and keep their head above water??? It makes zero sense in the world of business, unless investor money is just being burned through: which appears to be almost reckless abandon.
3. They had to show something to satisfy investors, so they showed a prototype game and pushed launch date back again. To date, there has only been Robert shooting his mouth off about how DP will change the industry. And now, saying he is losing interest in pinball, which smacks of a Ponzi scheme running out of things to tell people. All the while, putting their money into the hype train chain letter.
We in the pinball world are willing to believe DP is going to change pinball for the better, because DP promises more pinball, quality, etc.; all for less money. Seems to good to be true. We will find out next year, end of March, unless they move the date again.

#23173 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All that same stuff was called out years earlier when RM announced his goodwill offers with his non-sense about so many titles, mystical manufacturing abilities, improbable deadlines, etc.
The only thing really new of late is the confirmation that RM was co-mingling, confirmation that he was using the fund to fund pinball (which he never confirmed prior), and the confirmation RM was struggling to make his fund payments back to the investors. All the 'signs' about projection and impossible numbers were called out years ago... then the defenders just argued "but there is no pre-order money!!" But that too was not really accurate as RM has tried to lure people to upgrade their RAZA credit with fresh money in the goodwill deal. And then of course in 2020 he outright took pre-order money.

It was the earliest I could find with the Ponzi accusation. Some others I could find mentioned Ponzi but did not say deeproot was probably doing a Ponzi.

#23175 2 years ago

You forgot Kulek.

#23204 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Patents for sale get ur Patents
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"baa565b8368bb27b21a1125defb0e46db062ca49-1629579419-1800"};
//]]>

What patents?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=DCFAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.