• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Supposed to see 5 different model games at Texas Pinball Festival 2019 and all available for purchase with no wait time. That's my recollection and I would feel better if Robert or someone can confirm or correct me.

Ok so that is what the 5 days of Deeproot is?... a new game reveal everyday for 5 days?

1 month later
#999 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I got NOTHING but a t-shirt from Jpop.

Wait!, what? You got shirt? Some kind of favoritism going on here, I didn’t even get a shirt from JPOP.. you are one of the lucky ones

2 weeks later
#1086 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

First you have to make a PROFIT for tax write off.

Reminds me of the underwear gnome episode of South Park...

1FCDAB7C-82A1-4C2A-ABE3-88C479423759 (resized).jpeg1FCDAB7C-82A1-4C2A-ABE3-88C479423759 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#1597 5 years ago
73F407A8-0739-4AE3-83F4-3080752C2F3E (resized).jpeg73F407A8-0739-4AE3-83F4-3080752C2F3E (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#2348 5 years ago

!

Quoted from TigerLaw:

No...he did something much worse, he sued his own customers that he took money from when he failed to deliver the product.

I try not to be bitter about that little nugget of insanity I take comfort in the fact that John used our money wisely... Range Rover's, Vanity plates and 1000+ trips to Starbuck for Pinball/Macchiato brainstorming sessions.

JPOP cash burn (resized).jpgJPOP cash burn (resized).jpg

2 months later
#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Deeproot will be #1 in pinball soon enough. Trust me.

They certainly seem to have some sort of plan...

1 week later
#3038 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

People tend to reap what they sow.

Playing arts and crafts ?

You really need to read the threads when things were coming apart and people started legal proceedings. The word "good" doesn't come to mind with what was going on.
LTG : )

100% agree with LTG!

#3218 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You aren’t in the lawsuit are you Fulltilt?
Hopefully you took the credit?

Is it a printable credit or do you get a certificate in the mail?

7BA8409C-5090-4E48-B871-43970CCFA460 (resized).jpeg7BA8409C-5090-4E48-B871-43970CCFA460 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3276 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Regardless, a “credit” is worth 1000x more than some BS lawsuit

As long as your “credit” is good towards a commercial grade machine and not a Zizzle

9673C912-2032-4649-AD86-33266C752651 (resized).jpeg9673C912-2032-4649-AD86-33266C752651 (resized).jpegE20F3583-B963-42AE-9503-8C4700956665 (resized).jpegE20F3583-B963-42AE-9503-8C4700956665 (resized).jpeg

#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Sorry I pushed your buttons. Hopefully we get some good news from deeproot soon!

Quoted from iceman44:

It's all good Matt! And all on me, i acted terribly out of frustration so let's all carry on in good fun and peace brother.
Robert confirmed receipt of my Goodwill Agreement so it seems like some news is around the corner for us all. Thinking first of June after deadline of May 31st to get claims finalized?

Good form guys

1 month later
#3706 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Grammar and spelling mistakes are an indication that people can‘t be bothered to proofread their posts.

796DA2B5-6BE2-4AAF-9D72-135BB788B775 (resized).jpeg796DA2B5-6BE2-4AAF-9D72-135BB788B775 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#4118 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What do you mean there "aren't that many zidware customers getting anything from Deeproot"?
If you had spent money with John you are getting back in the form or cash or a game/games

Ice when you have a moment please post your Deeproot game unboxing pics or a picture of your refund check!?
The point is that until you can do one of these two things, you have received nothing but promises and you and I have gotten a belly full of those over the last 5 years on this journey.
D42C2D78-D0BB-44AC-B24F-DF86A025D622 (resized).jpegD42C2D78-D0BB-44AC-B24F-DF86A025D622 (resized).jpeg

#4124 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So when are these machines coming out?

#4155 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Not everyone thinks the guy is a clown because he was willing to give up his career to point out that some cops are fucking assholes.

Get this bullshit out of here! .. let’s get back to pinball, anyone have any thoughts on Octo-manufacturing?

2 weeks later
#4331 4 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I opted for a payout and have been made whole.
I won't get into details, but due to the amount of my deposit, the terms of the payout were more beneficial than taking a machine.
I have refrained from any comment to this point and opted to simply wait and see if Deeproot would 'walk the walk'.
Say what you like, but Robert has lived up to his word and, regardless of what happens next, I say his actions have earned him a seat at the table.
I will certainly be watching Deeproot more closely and, if I can support them in future, I certainly will.

Things like this make me think this company is legit, good form Deeproot!

1 month later
#4838 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Like when we furiously built model car and airplane kits as kids. Not knowing the high was the real addiction.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#5069 4 years ago

So nothing out of the Deeproot team at expo?

C67E4600-73D1-428F-83B8-7491C791A5C8 (resized).pngC67E4600-73D1-428F-83B8-7491C791A5C8 (resized).png
#5083 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Because Houston is the promise?

I thought I heard they were bringing some cabinets and maybe a white wood game to expo, I must have heard wrong.

#5106 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Let’s see what Deeproot showcases at Houston Pinball and Arcade Expo and go from there. We are all making speculation until they deliver something for us to see and play. Keep in mind many pinheads were fascinated by the white wood of TNA at TPF and there obviously was no artwork, but people really liked the design and how it played. It ended up being a huge hit for Danesi and Spooky. And it didn’t have any special mechs. It is all about how fun the game plays. If we get that from Deeproot it will not matter how it looks, but how it plays.
If Robert wants us to focus on the mechs as well as test them I think that is the right approach. He wants input from us Pinsiders. If the mechs have contraptions that do things to the ball that are revolutionary and are reliable, it will be something we all want in pinball like we experienced in the 90’s era of Williams and Bally as kids/young adults. If not, then people have valid arguments for all the statements Robert promises to deliver. I think it is a smart move to not show the finished product as of yet. They want to field test it and see people’s reactions and listen to their feedback. Then they make the improvements and modifications to manufacture the game and it will be shipped in a timely manner. Better than having a game displayed in production stage and then have complications causing delay in shipment like we experienced from other companies. If we are intrigued and mesmerized by the design and shot layout by itself, it will be safe to say the game will speak volumes when it is at its finished state.
We can express our opinions after we see what Deeproot reveals, but all this negativity towards a company promising to deliver a world under glass is disheartening. Don’t we want any pinball company to succeed so we can play more variety of games? It seems like the majority of this thread wants to see Deeproot fail! Don’t we want to see competition in the pinball market so we have better pricing, better features, and better themes that we expect from pinball companies? We spend our hard earned money on EXPENSIVE toys. We deserve to have games that wow us. Lately, we have experienced the same cookie cutter designs that are getting old and not showing any innovation. But even with the cookie cutter approach the games can still be fun to play, if the rules are set up in a way that makes us as pinball players want to have that one more game feeling to beat the game.
Now imagine if the rules are deep, but simple to understand, mechs are new designs we have never seen, artwork blows our mind, coding/animation is top notch comparable to the video game industry, and pricing is at lower costs with high quality we have a winner on our hands. That is what Robert is conveying. Let’s hope Deeproot delivers our expectations.
Here are the 5 Positive Things About Deeproot we can reflect on:
1. Robert reimbursed money lost from Popadiuk‘s business failure to people who got burned not receiving their machines.
2. Deeproot has a collaborative mindset dream team of experienced designers/engineers that made awesome games in the past that we loved as kids and enthralled us into that magical experience what got us into pinball in the first place.
3. Deeproot has Steven Bowden employed with rules and code development in a collaborative team of experts in the industry.
4. Deeproot has a huge manufacturing facility ready to produce games.
5. Deeproot has its own animation department to develop original stories and themes to go along with the games.
Let’s wait and see and reserve judgement. Then when everything is ready to go let the Pinside Forum about Deeproot become more relevant and meaningful in our conversations.
I want Deeproot to succeed and for Popadiuk to redeem himself as one of the most prolific designers in the pinball industry! For those that express disappointment for Popadiuk let’s give him another chance to wow us as kids all over again with his designs and allow Deeproot to make this happen. For the remaining designers and engineers I can’t wait to see what they imagine and make into reality. What a great time for pinball to succeed and flourish in our lifetime. Let’s focus on that!

17E8FDAF-F55B-492E-9EFD-6BA241E8B0AF (resized).jpeg17E8FDAF-F55B-492E-9EFD-6BA241E8B0AF (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#6048 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Such a Dark Knight for pinside watching all these veteran pinsiders pushing their agenda over their hard on for John

John is not a good guy! I know this from my personal dealings with him, that said I will reserve judgement on RAZA until I play it myself.

#6054 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

A few minutes of gameplay video including zombie multiball.

Your video went from good to great when the music blaring the same lyrics over and over again in the background stopped. The game looks fun to shoot, I wonder if it was suffering from the low voltage issues that are common at shows. Seems like a bit more flipper strength and the ramp shot would be makable.

#6118 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep. That was 5 years ago when it all started to crumble down after that Expo. We were right there on the front row pushing and prodding Jpop right after that debacle weren’t we.
Hard to believe 5 years have blown by since then Frolic!
Jpop, on his own, had ZERO chance to deliver anything other than a box with random shit in it.

What the hell were we thinking back then? It all seems so clear to me now

#6572 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

This place has RDS, Robert Derangement Syndrome.

More like Robert has PDS, Pinside derangement syndrome.

Disclaimer: I am an admitted member of the Pinside “sewer”

A988E980-96A1-4BC9-BEF2-23FAF96E4600 (resized).jpegA988E980-96A1-4BC9-BEF2-23FAF96E4600 (resized).jpeg
#6580 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We need a cool embroidered patch to wear at pinball events to show our membership. Like the biker gangs 1% patch.
LTG : )

Fantastic idea!

1 month later
#6954 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

How can they release RAZA when they do not own the IP?

Very interesting question/observation!

#6961 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They have the rights to use it based on the deal zidware made with deeproot ages ago.
Zidware only just recently filed for chapter 7 (nov 21)... it would be a tall order for them to go all the way back to the deeproot deal and unravel it.
Cointaker is not the largest debior according to the chapter7 filing... it's American Pinball. Their filing lists IP assets, but the first and only secured debtor is... wait for it... Deeproot.
Zidware will liquidate... and deeproot will collect their IP pieces while everyone else fights for the scraps left as they sell off JPOP's garage contents.
Look at the filing and see who is paying for Zidware's chapter 7... wait for it... it's deeproot (paying the attorney).
Full chapter 7 filing
[quoted image]

We shall see

#6980 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You are passing judgment without even understanding anything about the subject....

As are you, there is more to this story that will eventually come out and that is all I can say at this time.

1 week later
#7095 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I remember the podcast quite well and I also noticed when he mentioned his own money and it was not investor money, thought this was a bit strange.

K-Man just reposted the original podcast

#7106 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Kaneda asked, "How are the investors feeling right now? Are they on board for the long run?"
RM replied: "There are no investors in pinball. It's company money, it's my money.
There's additional verbiage in that one minute segment by each, but that's the meat of it. Personally, I found it ambiguous and now understand the confusion.
Go to the 53 minute mark and listen for yourself.
https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/re-airing-deeproots-robert-mueller?fbclid=IwAR3S3mY-2CkEmnJJhf7_KMMymNyxMnX8I276-FZcGcScWWEHWJipI-tHmw4

I wonder if this means that RM paid for JPOP’s bankruptcy out of his own pocket?

1 week later
#7276 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here is my pledge right now.
If i want a DR game in the future i'll buy one myself.
I want my $4950 that i lost to Jpop, refused to file a lawsuit against him, and got a credit from DR, to go to pinball charity guys, Ken Cromwell et al
Send a game or the $$$ if DR will agree to it. I see the airfare, hotel rooms etc. going to deserving people but i'd like to give my lesser amount to charity versus airfare, hotels and whatever else
Can we make that happen?

Your the man Ice!

2 months later
1 week later
#8360 3 years ago

I just listened to K-mans interview, I thought it was good but I take issue with Roberts statement that Deeproot created RAZA from nothing. I was an original RAZA buyer who gave JPOP my hard earned money and received nothing in return. I was in the owners blog for years and watched RAZA develop, there are plenty of things used from the original design that were funded by us JPOP customers and are now being used by Deeproot.

#8378 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Except that they didn't just hire a designer, they also bought and used his designs...designs which had been financed (some would say via fraud) by others.

Exactly!

#8382 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

To the point they created a settlement offer for zidware customers (including cash layout offers) to get people to 1) drop any lawsuits against zidware (and thus clean up the air around DR's absorption of the assets) and 2) become the first faithful cheering DR on. Maybe some of this was supposed to make DR look like a White Knight in the hobby and thus garner positive customer sentiment... but I think it was 95% about getting the stink off JPOP so DR could move forward with JPOP and Zidware assets 'free and clear'.
Problem was... not everyone took the offer. The anchors on Zidware still exist to this day.

Very good post! The only thing I would add is that I was never offered a settlement (free game) from Deeproot to drop out of the lawsuit, from what I saw only those not in the lawsuit were offered a free game.

5 months later
#12008 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

John proudly gave me a Bally Pinball Wizard t-shirt he'd faithfully reproduced. Between that and the couple nice Zidware shirts he gave me over the years, seems like dude missed his calling.

If JPOP’s calling was to be a T-shirt manufacturer I think he would of found a way to screw that up too!

I often wonder how many Frappuccino’s and Macchiatos John bought at starbucks with the money I sent him.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#14485 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

RAZA didn’t end up being what we expected 8 yrs later but hey it looks like fun to me and I’m excited to get it
I’m really interested in what they have coming down the road
Yukon Yeti and Food Truck
Iron out the kinks for big seller in Goonies!

The LE model looks really cool, hopefully when the pinball shows start again I will be able to play one.

#14504 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you find yourself near Chicago next year my home arcade will be open anytime you wish. Hope you are doing well and have a great holiday with family.

Doing ok here Dave, just taking things day by day.

My wife has family in Chicago, if I ever make it there I promise you that I will take you up on that offer!

Happy holidays to you and your family & thanks for all the great mods you make!

2 months later
#16157 3 years ago

Edit: Already posted

#16166 3 years ago

I remember talking to JPOP many years ago as he was making his sales pitch to me on RAZA. John made the comment that as the first Zidware customers it was the Magic Girl buyers that were “Wearing the hardhats“ for the construction of his new company and of their games (MG).
Now it appears that those hardhats have been passed on to the RAZA 2.0 buyers, I very much hope that in the end it works out better for them than it did for us Zidware customers. I believe that the DR customers will get their games, it’s just gunna take time.
I wish DR success, as they now have in their possession the hard earned money of this community.

#16168 3 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

I am tired of posting every time somebody walks into this thread and says "What's the big deal?" or "Why so negative?", so I went ahead and created a little "Starter Pack" for those that need to play catch up. Hope this helps! It has already been UL and CE certified so we're good to go!!!
Hope Zidware customers get their games.
[quoted image]

LMAO! Not sure why this can to mind...

#16278 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I wasn't a buyer obviously so didn't have the details. Was John serious about the "in house install" thing? Was it actually a $1000 option?
It's either a joke or John has the business acumen of a 5 year old. Doesn't he have bills, a checkbook etc? Can he MATH?

I think the DIY option would’ve been awesome! I was ready on my end with a case of Shasta and a full selection of deli meat for you guys when you showed up at my house to build my game.

2 weeks later
#16730 3 years ago

I was thinking, if I would’ve Bought bitcoin back in 2013 with my $4750 instead of sending it to JPOP so he could use it to pay for Frappuccino‘s and his Land Rover I could’ve bought 47 bitcoins which at today’s value would be $2.6 million dollars.

#16733 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's the kind of thinking that will drive you insane and it's pointless.
I mean, if I had bought some bitcoin in 2013 instead of that shitty $500 toledo project I dragged back from Allentown and ended up dumping at a loss I'd be way ahead of the game too. So what?

Just let me punish myself Levi, stupid should hurt!

1 week later
#17082 3 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I liked your joke. This thread has surely devolved into a deep root canal level of pain, though.

You were digging ™Deep on that one!

#17101 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Caveman lockdown bar
Bally unitized glass lift
Such innovation!

67E785E9-B453-44E7-B0DD-3A14B2BEFBCC (resized).png67E785E9-B453-44E7-B0DD-3A14B2BEFBCC (resized).png
#17105 3 years ago

Looks like another 2 weeks and everything will be back on track

IMG_0054 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#17336 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Lemme know when I've stolen a million bucks from the community.
My "mediocre" game (granted, it ain't the best) launched Spooky who now employ 30 people and make 1K games per year.
I rip on JPOP (the fraud hack) because I've accomplished what he was too busy slurpling Starbucks to do - roll up my sleeves and get a game DONE.

08EC05EE-EEE0-4D34-9CF6-D112F52ABEBF.gif08EC05EE-EEE0-4D34-9CF6-D112F52ABEBF.gif
4 weeks later
#18079 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:I had a distant second cousin who died by the belt... can you imagine his poor wife opening up the garage door to find him swinging from the rafters, porn laid out in a circle around him, pants around his knees, and his flag pole at full mast. I was 15 close to 16 and we are on the way to the funeral and my mom looked over the back of the front seat at all of us three siblings and says, "you might as well hear this from me, your cousin died of autoerotic asphyxiation" and went on about what it was and how he was found by his wife. Color me gobsmacked.

Sheezus

1 week later
#18279 2 years ago

Deleted I’m bitter at John but never mind.

#18367 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

FWIW , for ALL of the crazy stupid that is Deeproot, they have more or less kept up with communications since taking people's money (6 months or so ago now!).
They have not gone super secret radio silence, and their communications usually contain some really surprising bits. So good job there I guess.
And given all the crazy stupid, it is easy to lose sight of Robert and JPoP being true pinheads. They are a lot of other things (none of which include being rockstar pinball manufacturers). As noted earlier the stuff they care about seems to be the stuff us crazy pinheads in theory care about. Art, rules, custom themes etc... shame they seem to have so many personality quirks that they have let their pure pinball passion get in the way of delivering a viable pinball manufacturing business to date.

You lost me at FWIW

1 month later
#19083 2 years ago

Sheesh getting a little macabre in here! Some of you guys kinda remind me of Keith Morrison from Dateline (Real Life Crimes)

2 weeks later
#19384 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe it’s back on now but without that PPP money they don’t get this far.
The payroll and rent are their expenses.
And that’s AFTER chopping down the Utah office of waste once they got it.
In the end, the fact that they dropped that ridiculous money pit in Utah and can focus on just making games is a good thing now

Sounds like Ice has been day drinking again

1 week later
#19658 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The LCD makes that game along with many others now. TBL, Alien, STH, EHOH, GNR, Wonka. Just going down my rows.

Congrats on the size of your “Rows” and wallet Ice

#19984 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You've blocked all of the funny people.

LMAO not saying I’m one of the funny guys around here but good grief, I wanted to ask him a quick RAZA question so I went to shoot him a PM and BAM! Someone is a bit thin skinned I guess.

24B1A12F-7082-4A53-925F-C3492FB41364 (resized).jpeg24B1A12F-7082-4A53-925F-C3492FB41364 (resized).jpeg

#20016 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Me and Ice have taken shots at each other but I'm still unblocked. Maybe because it was clear it was nothing personal. I'd still have a drink with the guy...as long as he's buying of course Non blocked by Ice gang gang reporting in!

It’s pretty Funny really with the amount of drunk and belligerent posting the guy has done over the years, I’m honestly surprised that anyone can see his posts at all. All that said I would still have a drink with him, as long as he was buying of course!

#20030 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I really wish people would not say shit like this.
For one thing, it's stupid. You're going to risk an assault charge over....pinball? Okay.
Two...see above. Nobody actually DOES THIS. Lots of dick-wavers, very little men of action on Pinside. If all of you passed on punching out JPop, Heighway, and really honestly, ESPECIALLY the Predator guys?? c'mon. You ain't going to do crap, especially at TPF with 3000 other people around to see it.

It’s funny because as much as I love playing pinball to me the best part of going to a show would be meeting all of you. I think what we would all find is that even the people that we thought we didn’t care for here are actually good people who we would get along with very well. The problem with posting here is the same problem with texting or emailing, something is lost in translation when you are not speaking face-to-face with a person.

#20051 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh! Thanks! I.... Never clicked that before [quoted image]

3A6DCAD4-3CDF-48F7-A57F-1138CBA95D5D.gif3A6DCAD4-3CDF-48F7-A57F-1138CBA95D5D.gif
#20095 2 years ago

Ok that’s some next level shit right there!

#20206 2 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

If the building is for sale, why doesn’t Ice call and make a appointment to view it, and see if it fits his needs?

It may not be big enough for his ego

2 weeks later
#21546 2 years ago

Hmmm something is missing in here, I can’t quite put my finger on it, oh I got it...
Paging Iceman

DCC0A698-9AC5-44DD-9E44-41F56CF3A3C5.gifDCC0A698-9AC5-44DD-9E44-41F56CF3A3C5.gif
#21610 2 years ago

I want to go on record and say that RobT was the JPOP Nostradamus, I still have his PM from 8 years ago warning me not to get involved with John. I reached out to Rob before I sent JPOP my money asking for his advice on whether I should get in on the RAZA project as Rob was one of the original “owners” who brilliantly asked John for his money back and got it. Rob sent me a detailed 6 bullet point message (which turned out to be exactly what happened) on why I should not get in on the project. I thought about it for a while and like a dumb ass and with a lot of hype from Iceman who also had access to the top secret (NDA) owners blog and had seen the current progress of the project and said “go for it its awesome” I went for it. Once I sent my money and was give the top secret code and secret handshake to get into the NDA protected super top-secret owners blog i saw that John had a bunch of foam core renderings, lots of macchiato‘s from Starbucks, a range rover and eventually a much larger shop that ended up being more like a storage unit for him, I was like oh shit I’m screwed!

I will summarize by saying that if I would’ve listen to Rob I wouldn’t of lost $4750 and that me losing that money is in no way Iceman‘s fault. I am a grown man and make my own decisions, but I did weigh both of their opinions heavily before sending my money as they both had access to the private owners blog and could see what the current state of the project was.

#21617 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just wish that you held on to the Tron LE that you bought from me. That sucker is worth twice as much now!

Thanks for reminding me

#21618 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Anyone wanna go back and search rec.games.pinball? I’m pretty sure I said Jpop would fail on the day of the $16,000 Magic Girl announcement. I said the financials made zero sense. Who would be paid to program? Compose music? Create animation? Build? When RAZA was announced I said “what about the first game?!?!” It was clearly a Ponzi scheme to get more money to finish MG. Then Alice was announced…I could not believe anyone would keep sending this guy money. That’s why this is so crazy that people did it AGAIN!!!! Fool me once…but four times?!?!

Sadly frankfurter or whatever the hell that idiots name was drove me off that sight years ago.

#21694 2 years ago

With Deeproot apparently in fail mode with RAZA it got me thinking about things. I was going back over all my old JPOP/Ziware/RAZA contracts, lawsuit stuff, PM’s emails, Owners blog posts, owners package, NDA agreements, emails from RM and Wilhelm on RAZA 2.0 ect and I can’t believe that after almost 10 years this is happening all over again and good people in this hobby may be losing their hard earned money on this game again, it makes me f’in sad!

RAZA #54 (me) is hoping that all you DR customers get made whole and that after this JPOP and RM are out of this hobby forever!

BEE06841-CDFE-47E6-B861-B141D1C160F5 (resized).jpegBEE06841-CDFE-47E6-B861-B141D1C160F5 (resized).jpeg

#21703 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

@ Concretehardt - Who is Wilhelm - right hand man of RM or the company spokesperson or something - What was his title or role with DR ?

I believe Wilhelm is or was customer relations rep for DR from what I can figure.

6 months later
#28659 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'd settle for an old style 60 Minute ambush interview. I love those wide-eyed, fight-or-flight reactions.

Maybe an old school Dateline interview after he gets sentenced.

F40BFECD-5E64-4E95-A8B9-AE2376B64192.gifF40BFECD-5E64-4E95-A8B9-AE2376B64192.gif
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=Concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.