View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Compy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10560 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

That backbox is pretty cool and probably very easy to update for a different title.

So is a translite.

#10572 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

or the side art on the cabinet on this.

Agreed. All of this looks like change for the sake of change.

#10581 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Today it is a wrap around translite. What about a couple years down the road when flexible screens are all the rage and we have a backbox with a complete wraparound screen? That would be fnosm.

Completely agree with you there. As paper-esque displays get more and more affordable, you'll definitely see it. We're already getting into that territory with art blades.

#10585 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Also... are those screens in the inside sides of the cabinet (where people sometimes install mirror blades)?

I believe its brushed stainless.

#10629 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So is this pin connected to the internet?
[quoted image]

They were on a LAN at the Houston show and the entire display system was running Unity3d. Network connectivity comes standard on most COTS setups, so just run a jack to the cabinet.

10 months later
#21425 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

If right now there is a 1 in 24 chance that RAZA gets released. Then if pinside backed deeproot collectively on the forums then maybe the odds go up to 1 in 12 chance. No data to back those numbers. I'm putting value on pinside users comments. I'm sure a lot of the success of pinball today from any company is largely due to pinside.

Not really sure if you're trolling, but I'll bite.

Spooky sold out of all of the Rick and Morty games in a mere matter of hours without Pinside's approval.
I think they did the same with Ultraman/Halloween.

Stern doesn't get Pinside's approval for games prior to announcements. Despite constant complaints about quality between Stern and JJP on pinside, they're still moving tons of games.

Deeproot has missed umpteen million deadlines with an absolute asshat at the helm for years now, all documented on Pinside.

The assumption that if we all start perpetuating some false narrative in hopes that the rosy portrayal of DeepRoot somehow materializes games is severely flawed.

1 week later
#22666 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

What I am posting is still not saying who the new groups are, what their plans are later this year or into 2022. They WILL actually produce games, more than the 2 prototypes that Deeproot has shown over the years.
Deeproot has not shown any production info. That is all anyone knows here. So we continue to try & guess what is (or not) being done there.
There is lots of room for more players in the pinball market if they know what is involved around the world. But you got to have a well thought out business plan. Start of small & slowly work your way up. Not come out guns drawn & say you are going to dominate the pinball world production yourself.
Here is a early 2016 picture from the camera I still use. Even a 1 person operation (myself) over 5 years with the help of contractors got hundreds of playfields & backglass done.
[quoted image]

My hat's off to what you've been able to accomplish single-handedly. I'm curious, what is it that you wanted to "do" at Deeproot? Help with production supervision/management? I wasn't able to glean that information from the cold contact form email you posted. Given how Robert is (what we can publicly see and deduce by listening to his interviews, employees, etc), he literally thought he could dictate everything as if he were some brilliant fucking Steve Jobs of pinball. Barry and Dennis are great guys and tend to run pretty open/free flowing design teams. John most definitely needed to be dictated to (if not taken out back), but that doesn't work for everyone, especially when the guy calling the shots has literally never done anything in pinball before. I've worked with most of the pinball/amusement companies out there as a contractor, and they ALL have their own struggles. It's a complicated product with very complicated market forces and a very subjective consumer base. This is even before you get into the obvious lack of management/operating infrastructure at DR.

More room? Sure, if games are flying out the door and no MFG can make them quickly enough, I can imagine some opportunists out there wanting to dive in. But let's see who ships and supports their games.

So to repeatedly tell yourself you could've righted the ship I think will lead to undue torment on your end.

#23032 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Could anyone at Deeproot go to jail over this?

Robert. The SEC will finish their civil case to reclaim as much as they can for the investors, then at that point they can refer it to the FBI.

3 months later
#27216 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Hi Gerry,
I don't want RAZA to win. Sonic Spinball in my opinion is a far superior & more innovative game.
If RAZA doesn't belong in the category of Homebrew, then what category should it be assessed in? The game never made it to production.
Stuart

"Most purportedly innovative games dreamt of by a gaggle of assholes" among many others come to mind. (and by gaggle, I mean two)

#27288 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are these the original "palm hole" bleeder bars with the 90 degree angle pain-inducers, or the new and improved never-revelaed production pinbars with rounded edges?

Rounded edges are only available in the extra edition.

They were Robert's own personal design.

(Patent pending)

1 year later
#32545 1 year ago

Oh for fucks sake already.

6 months later
#33131 6 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Had a crazy thought.. Turner pinball's website is registered in tempe, arizona (do a whois):
turnerpinball.com
Arizona is kitty corner to colorado, which is where the "mystery pinball company" envelopes were postmarked from. It's entirely possible he has family in colorado (or he lives in colorado and his webmaster is registered in arizona). It would make the most sense for Turner pinball to team with JPOP since they worked for the same company. Chris's Ninja game had very rough artwork (and we haven't seen any updates), but he has the programming skills. If he really did hire JPOP, jokes on him.

The domain's whois is kept private by Domains By Proxy. If you look, the Tempe address is the GoDaddy building. Definitely an interesting notion though!

2 weeks later
#33200 6 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Which page are you refreshing?

That's the docket report page, what lists all docket entries. Indeed, PACERs fee structure is insane.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Compy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=Compy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.