View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bryan_Kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2367 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I definitely get the anger and hate, I personally lost a lot to the whole ordeal.
However, I don't think JPop should continue to be chastised so much. He definitely screwed up, and obviously has issues, but he's never thrown his hands up and said fuck it. He's continued to look for some kind of solution to get what he's promised done. He could have very easily just done what SkitB, Heighway, VonnieD, and Dutch have done and just walked away. He continued to try to get the games built though, to the point of getting two different, new pinball manufacturers involved.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

Sorry, Rob, but the way I see it, the Deeproot thing is nothing but a job. Nothing more, nothing less. What other job opportunities does jpop have? He needs to pay his bills and feed his family.

I don't feel he's trying to make anything right with past customers.

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I think you're missing most of the story then Bryan. JPop got American Pinball to build Magic Girl. Deeproot has contracted with many JPop customers to make them whole on their game deposits. Deeproot is likely building Magic Girl, RAZA, AIW, and others, likely with the system JPop developed.
I don't see how anyone could objectively look at everything and conclude he did nothing but simply took a job.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

We shall agree to disagree, Rob.

6 months later
#4493 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Saw this today. Thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image]

There appears to be a pink penis.

1 week later
#4665 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

That's one thing I think should be fixed by Pinside. There shouldn't be any ratings lower then a 3. Anyone rating games under this is either just trying to manipulate the games rating or just trying to be a horses a$$.

But then wouldn't a 3 become the same as a 1?

2 months later
#5714 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The bit I don't get is: John was already working on RAZA for quite a while before deep root absorbed Zidware. The current version being shown isn't too far off from his PF back then (as shown in the side by side photo). Then tack on all the time Deep Root has been involved and a bunch of actual industry people are part of that team, and this is all they've got so far?

That's why I don't understand why a manufacturer would show anything BUT they're finished product.

Nothing but a shit ton (and that's a lot) of speculation by showing the game at this point.

#6365 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

He's not wrong. I've never seen a bigger collection of people who seem to hate pinball on a pinball forum.

I don't think it's Deeproot people dislike as much as they do Robert and the way he goes about things.

1 month later
#7303 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m thinking about hosting a pre TPF kick off party on Wednesday at my house for the locals and any of the Deeproot people coming into town for that event and any other “non VIPs “ that want to come
Food, drinks and pinball! You won’t be disappointed
I’ll be in Vegas weekend before for March madness
Let’s see what kind of response I get and I’ll update later

Wish I we're coming in a day earlier.

1 year later
#18196 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just a daily reminder, Spooky was started with around 50k total investment and the "break even don't go out of business" floor for AMH was 100 units.
Robert spent $20m+ and sold 130.

Maybe Robert could have done better had he relocated to Benton WI?

3 months later
#25461 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I am amazed at how many reasonably educated individuals struggle with expressing decimals and percentages. It's not even math, it's basic arithmetic....

And I'm amazed at the condescending assholes that feel the need to point out a simple mistake someone made....like they've never made a similar mistake.

#25526 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I wanted to confirm that iceman44 held to his word and provided a $1000 donation to the charity today. It is appreciated by the charity to help support our operations. Thanks.

Say what you will about ice, he was kind enough to donate $2000 to Team G's JDRF fund raiser a couple of years ago.

2 months later
#26979 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Didn't he show interest in trying to buy spooky early on?

That and Pinball Life.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bryan_Kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=Bryan_Kelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.