View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 672.
#4851 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I see that you're quite the optimist.

I've heard of glass half full versus glass half empty, but that's glass half full of crap, contents poured out and the glass smashed.

#4852 4 years ago

3a7q71 (resized).jpg3a7q71 (resized).jpg

Who the heck only fills a glass halfway anyway?

#4853 4 years ago
Screenshot_20190910-175736_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190910-175736_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4854 4 years ago

download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg

#4855 4 years ago

Godammit. Showing off art in lieu of something physically operational is so jpopian it's sad.

#4856 4 years ago

This is NEDry's doing...

#4857 4 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

0% chance. If Deeproot appears at the show at all, which is unlikely, they'll bring a box of lights and art that only superficially resembles a pinball machine. It will have barebones code and be essentially unplayable. This will be the last time that a Deeproot "pinball machine" will be seen in public. After 10-12 months of silence, the CEO of Deeproot will send out a press release in late 2020 explaining that "unforeseen circumstances" have prevented them from releasing any games. At this point, Deeproot will either be shuttered, or they will accept another round of investor money before the CEO sails off on a yacht. The end.

50/50 odds

#4858 4 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Showing off art in lieu of something physically operational is so jpopian it's sad.

I'm not sure showing off is the correct phrase.

#4859 4 years ago

Wasn't this the same art as their short RAZA YouTube video from six months ago?

#4860 4 years ago

Still no news after 300 post.

#4861 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Still no news after 300 post.

Why would you expect any until Nov 15/16 weekend?

#4862 4 years ago

Not many more months to release more pins than other manufacturers in 2019, but could be a packed few months. Who knows?

#4863 4 years ago

Typically I feel people who search someone's old posts and quote everything they've ever said feel like stalkers, but I just couldn't shake the broken record feeling here. Now I know why. Who cares who designed the logo? And *obviously* they are not still planning to "release more games than any other company" this year. Give it a rest dude.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Geez, was this logo made in-house? If so it could be indicative of concerning approaches in other areas.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Was Deeproot’s logo designed in house or by an external agency?

Quoted from jonesjb:

I had posted this question before but never got a response... Was Deeproot’s logo designed in house or by an external agency?

Quoted from jonesjb:

I’ve been away from this thread for a while, but is Deeproot still committed to shipping more pins in 2019 than any other company?
I know there have been delays until November or so, so is the plan for all these different Deeproot pins to hit the market just in time for the holiday season?

Quoted from jonesjb:

Robert is on Pinside, yes? It would be good to hear whether they still plan to launch more games in 2019 than any other manufacturer.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Are they still releasing more pins in 2019 hours than any other manufacturer? I doubt they could meet this target if they only release/reveal their first pin in November 2019. I’d not, has Deeproot clarified this statement? Or walked back on this comment?

Quoted from jonesjb:

Not many more months to release more pins than other manufacturers in 2019, but could be a packed few months. Who knows?

#4864 4 years ago
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#4865 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Typically I feel people who search someone's old posts and quote everything they've ever said feel like stalkers, but I just couldn't shake the broken record feeling here. Now I know why. Who cares who designed the logo? And *obviously* they are not still planning to "release more games than any other company" this year. Give it a rest dude.

Nah, I’ll keep asking, as I feel. Even more so when I don’t see an answer. I’ve posted many times, and I have yet to hear anything that clarifies or retracts the 2019 pinball gusto.

#4866 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Nah, I’ll keep asking, as I feel. Even more so when I don’t see an answer. I’ve posted many times, and I have yet to hear anything that clarifies or retracts the 2019 pinball gusto.

You should PM deeproot directly.

And while you're at it, I'm sure he is willing to take more investment money to keep this project on track.

#4867 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You should PM deeproot directly. And while you're at it, I'm sure he is willing to take more investment money to keep this project on track.

Just don't offer him any free legal advice, he doesn't care for that at all.

#4868 4 years ago

Closing in on 100 pages of nothing

#4869 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Well, that's not true.

Bunch of very attractive People here.

#4870 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Actually, DS_Nadine recapped the last deeproot announcement.

#4871 4 years ago

Announcements pretty much equate to nothing or close to it. Heck, o-din has posted as much useful substance as anybody.

Not holding my breath any more.

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see them get a line going and actual games in production, but I am not convinced it will happen. A lot of time has gone by already. Have to be skeptical.

#4872 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Not holding my breath any more.

You were holding your breath? If so you would at the very least have brain damage or more likely no longer be with us.

#4873 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

You were holding your breath? If so you would at the very least have brain damage or more likely no longer be with us.

No - I'm just a normal pinsider now.

#4874 4 years ago

so it looks like there won't be a full reveal from Deeproot in November. According to Kanedas podcast there will be a presence from deeproot at expo but there wont be any games ready

#4875 4 years ago
Quoted from GunsNPinball:

According to Kanedas podcast there will be a presence from deeproot at expo but there wont be any games

So we have some new banner art to look forward to? The anticipation mounts ...

#4876 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Heck, o-din has posted as much useful substance as anybody.

I'm working on starting up my own investment company.

Just send me your dream themes and your money, and I will put together the best team of cartoon artists in the neighborhood I can find.

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif

#4877 4 years ago

@ o-din

Could your group do Sledgehammer ? A really hot Dori Doreau would be good too. Not sticker book crap, but really good cartoon art.

#4878 4 years ago

We're workin' on it.
trust-me (resized).jpgtrust-me (resized).jpg

#4879 4 years ago

20 new posts, I knew DR twitted a new illustration before opening the thread !

#4880 4 years ago

Damn.. I gotta’ unfollow this thread...

#4882 4 years ago

me 2.

#4883 4 years ago

Drain the sombitch!

#4884 4 years ago

This thread is on fire!

#4885 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This thread is on fire!

We don't need no water let the mf burn, burn mf, burn.

#4886 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This thread is on fire!

Just culling the herd.

#4887 4 years ago
whereispaulfaris01 (resized).jpgwhereispaulfaris01 (resized).jpg
#4888 4 years ago

Soo, now we know. DR is a digital art museum. Saweeet, ready to take down Stern all day

#4889 4 years ago

"We will ship more art in 2019 than any other pinball manufacturer ever!"

#4890 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Soo, now we know. DR is a digital art museum. Saweeet, ready to take down Stern all day

Perhaps others should share their art here? I’ll start. Here’s an Impressionism oil painting I did in Central Park recently.

B74B1E85-ABE4-4581-BB77-64236ADC673C (resized).jpegB74B1E85-ABE4-4581-BB77-64236ADC673C (resized).jpeg
#4892 4 years ago
tumblr_a5d8336bcc7ca97f35debcb54018f73e_3c617b40_400.giftumblr_a5d8336bcc7ca97f35debcb54018f73e_3c617b40_400.gif
#4893 4 years ago

"winky-dink and you" was the pioneer in interactive programming. The core of the program was children sent away for a kit. The kit had a plastic screen that stuck to the TV tube with static electricity. Crayons were used to draw on the screen. When a character needed special help, children would be asked to draw on the screen, give assistance and free the character from trouble. If a character needed to cross a river with no bridge, the viewer would draw a line so a crossing could be made and escape trouble. Jack Barry, the host, emphasized inviting a friend over to watch the program; sharing in the drawing of assistance was also important. Everyone watched and helped winky-dinky in his adventures and HAD FUN.

#4894 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Here’s an Impressionism oil painting I did in Central Park recently.

cool.

heres another by Canadian John Saarniit from 1966 titled "Koduteel". the sheep remind me of

artsaarniit (resized).jpgartsaarniit (resized).jpg
#4895 4 years ago

Maybe all these paintings will inspire Deeproot to do a Bob Ross pinball machine.

#4896 4 years ago

Actually getting a line going and producing something would make for happy little pinball machines

#4897 4 years ago

My hope is that Deeproot has 4 games ready on reveal and does a special discount offer for Operators and Home use buyers if they buy all 4 games!! Do it boys!! You will raise millions over night!

#4898 4 years ago

Or a military discount for being produced in Military City...

#4899 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

My hope is that Deeproot has 4 games ready on reveal and does a special discount offer for Operators and Home use buyers if they buy all 4 games!! Do it boys!! You will raise millions over night!

Is this ACTUALLY a positive comment towards Deeproot?!

Robert's offering the "cash out" to Zidware buyers was that they could take the cash or accept to delay the delivery date 1 year... with the comment that "launch will be prior with multiple titles". I doubt I will have the opportunity to tour the facility as he offers to those that choose to wait, but I'm going to hold out for the additional time with expectation that the "multiple titles" holds true. If not.. I will take another "cash out" offer if it is presented.

#4900 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

"winky-dink and you" was the pioneer in interactive programming. The core of the program was children sent away for a kit. The kit had a plastic screen that stuck to the TV tube with static electricity. Crayons were used to draw on the screen. When a character needed special help, children would be asked to draw on the screen, give assistance and free the character from trouble. If a character needed to cross a river with no bridge, the viewer would draw a line so a crossing could be made and escape trouble. Jack Barry, the host, emphasized inviting a friend over to watch the program; sharing in the drawing of assistance was also important. Everyone watched and helped winky-dinky in his adventures and HAD FUN.

I had the winky-dink kit. It was the progenitor of what would become the video game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/98?hl=gunsnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.