• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 669.
#4701 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

spooky figured out a better way to clear

So we all thought, but then they were having clear chipping issues with TNA. Playfield integrity seems to be a struggle for everyone these days.

#4702 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Whether or not it's good for consumers, it's a smart business decision for pinball manufacturers to disengage from forums and stick to controlled media outlets. Doesn't mean you don't monitor the forums and respond to specific complaints offline if necessary. But the imbalance in the risk/reward of actively engaging seems pretty obvious.

Just because these companies suck at it.. doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be done. Companies as big as Microsoft and others have ambassadors that get engaged and interact.

Pinside is its own worst enemy at times... encouraging trolling and driving the same crap over and over again instead of actively funneling traffic to the buckets it belongs.

#4703 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Whether or not it's good for consumers, it's a smart business decision for pinball manufacturers to disengage from forums and stick to controlled media outlets. Doesn't mean you don't monitor the forums and respond to specific complaints offline if necessary. But the imbalance in the risk/reward of actively engaging seems pretty obvious.

Never get into an argument with a moron. They'll bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Engagement may be good, but no manufacturer would be wise "engaging" here from the looks of things.

#4704 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Robert was basically destroying his brand by coming on here and having a dialog. There is literally no way to win an argument in an open forum, and he was posting on his own without anyone advising him. Pure catastrophic posts that I will indeed miss. But his company/chances are much improved now that he has woken up and realized he is in a no-win scenario in this thread.

It's not about winning arguments.

It's about winning over and engaging with prospective customers. Plenty of vendors on Pinside do an outstanding job representing their brand.

They all follow a pattern: respect competitors (or at least don't trash talk them), avoid making legal threats even as a joke, treat people with respect, ignore the trolls, demonstrate excitement and passion for pinball.

I do wish they'd release at least some information about their upcoming showing of multiple titles this November. That's just a few weeks away, surely they must have something they can share!

#4705 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Pinside is its own worst enemy at times... encouraging trolling and driving the same crap over and over again instead of actively funneling traffic to the buckets it belongs.

Yes, I find that very disappointing. There are many clever ways to control trolls and broken records that don't seem to be in use here. I've overseen their implementation on highly charged political forums and seen great success.

#4706 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

its also possible its still wood but they have a better process. spooky figured out a better way to clear. my guess is there are better water based clearcoats that bite, or perhaps its 2 different clears. one to bite into the wood, and one that adheres to that first clear better (and hardens faster) so you dont have posts smooshing the soft top layer. its not like car manufacturers are clearing the body and waiting a week for it to dry before they finish assembling all the exterior pieces.

No, it's the actual multi clear process

In cars for example, modern cars have water based , and are very thin , Even some are base and clear mixed, traditional base coat -clear coat requires minimum 2coats base and clear, on vintage or high end restorations, I do 4coats, and with clear especially you don't do it all at once, it needs time to cure,

Companies like stern are always looking at the bottom line, so a multi stage muti clear setup is costly, and production schedules are demanding

But if deeproot is reading, I have experience...

#4707 4 years ago

If all deeproot game themes are to be multiplatform medias like cell game, movie, cartoon, pinball etc... part are the pros & cons?

#4708 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

In cars for example, modern cars have water based

to my knowledge, no large series car or truck uses water-based clears for exterior. There may be a few aftermarket water-based products.

My theory would be the clearcoat is too thick. This could make the paint more susceptible to cracking under mechanical load.

#4709 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

If all deeproot game themes are to be multiplatform medias like cell game, movie, cartoon, pinball etc... part are the pros & cons?

The only pro I can think of is that if they do it right, it's megabucks.

Some cons are having to focus on too many things at once (this is a classic entertainment failure path, from Chris Roberts to Michael Eisner), massive cost, the impossibility of synchronizing product launches across categories. I don't believe they have the budget to pull this off, or the experience for that matter.

My hope: dp studio's webpage is more aspirational and that they're purely focused on delivering one, just one, pinball machine.

#4710 4 years ago

just don't put on 35 coats of clear

#4711 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

just don't put on 35 coats of clear

My rule of thumb , 2 on modern, 4 on classic

#4712 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So we all thought, but then they were having clear chipping issues with TNA. Playfield integrity seems to be a struggle for everyone these days.

The TNA playfield issue was quickly resolved by Spooky and Charlie owned up to it. So far ACNC's playfields are only getting the highest of compliments.
Which tells me if they can figure it out, then so should the big boys.

#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The TNA playfield issue was quickly resolved by Spooky and Charlie owned up to it. So far ACNC's playfields are only getting the highest of compliments. Which tells me if they can figure it out, then so should the big boys.

Good to hear, I had seen the pictures and complaints but hadn't heard that the TNA issues were all resolved. And agreed that if Spooky's got it nailed down, no excuse for Stern and JJP not to follow suit.

#4714 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The TNA playfield issue was quickly resolved by Spooky and Charlie owned up to it.

Indeed! The clearcoat and wood was the best I have seen on any newer game. That wasn't what caused the problem. Not sure it's my place to say what it was.

#4715 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The TNA playfield issue was quickly resolved by Spooky and Charlie owned up to it. So far ACNC's playfields are only getting the highest of compliments.

Too bad for those poor suckers that got the affected TNA playfields. The problem may be solved going forward but they are still left with affected playfields.

#4716 4 years ago

I put on many coats for a restore, until I get a "sheet of glass" look. After thousands of plays, I do not get dimpling or pooling. I use a 2 part urethane 4.2 VOC Euro Class, which is what the guy at my paint store recommended when I told him what I was doing. Very happy with the results I have.

#4717 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I‘d say a thorough discussion of the Pinside Top 100 is the best way to keep this thread afloat.

Well then, to keep this thread on-topic, how many games does deeproot currently have in the Pinside top 100?

Quoted from o-din:

The clearcoat and wood was the best I have seen.

I believe a clear coat was part of the Emperor's new clothes, which allowed everyone to see when he had wood.

#4718 4 years ago

2019-08-28 18_09_09-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-08-28 18_09_09-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#4719 4 years ago

Not too sure I like the style BUT it certainly looks different and fresh for pinball.

#4720 4 years ago

I hope they make it but seeing what deeproot is doing and how long it is taking, they really seem to follow blindfully the jpop path...

It’s Like the story and characters are more important than the actual machine, very strange indeed!
I don’t know if you can convince people to play a machine this way, especially to attract newbies or casuals...

#4721 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not too sure I like the style BUT it certainly looks different and fresh for pinball.

Looks like the mean Queen in Alice in Wonderland?

#4722 4 years ago

Even the worst of character designs start out as a sketch.

#4723 4 years ago
aiwsketch (resized).jpgaiwsketch (resized).jpg
#4724 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

[quoted image]

Should I feel bad that my first thought when I saw this pic was to shake the hell out of it?

#4725 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Should I feel bad that my first thought when I saw this pic was to shake the hell out of it?

Same with me. The song Shake It Up by The Cars came to mind.

#4726 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Even the worst of character designs start out as a sketch too.

And some sketchy pinball designers get jobs, making sketches.

#4727 4 years ago

Why do I keep clicking this thread....

#4728 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Cause you want to!!!

#4729 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cause you want to!!!

It's like rubber-necking to look at that interstate pileup...

#4730 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Because it's a Cinderella story from out of nowhere

#4731 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Thinking the same thing! I keep thinking I better check to see if there is some important news regarding DR... guess what? NOPE! Just Pinside nonsense.

OP Please change the title of this thread from Deeproot Pinball thread to Pinside Nonsense thread... thank you!

#4732 4 years ago

So, well, any games been revealed yet? Quite long since 5 days of Deeproot aint it?

#4733 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So, well, any games been revealed yet?

Since there are no new threads on any individual titles, that is a negative.

#4734 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

OP Please change the title of this thread from Deeproot Pinball thread to Pinside Nonsense thread... thank you!

it has veered off course a bit

#4735 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

it has veered off course a bit

Back on track!

500px-SH_SW629_02 (resized).jpg500px-SH_SW629_02 (resized).jpg
#4736 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Back on track![quoted image]

They aren't making Sledgehammer lol

#4737 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

They aren't making Sledgehammer lol

How would you know?

From where I'm sitting they haven't made anything yet. Except a few drawings like girls in my kindergarten class used to do.

#4738 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How would you know?
From where I'm sitting they haven't made anything yet. Except a few drawings like girls in my kindergarten class used to do.

Agreed, that style of artwork wouldn't work on SH ...besides I'm not aware of Jpop being a fan of SH...

I was kidding ya you know...

#4739 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

It's like rubber-necking to look at that interstate pileup...

The thing is, its not a pile up yet. They still havent asked for pre-orders and have paid some people back for jpoops misdeeds, so Im still keeping an open, and hopeful mind!

#4740 4 years ago

I'm hoping Sledge is a Barry Oursler or Dennis Nordman game.

#4741 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The thing is, its not a pile up yet. They still havent asked for pre-orders and have paid some people back for jpoops misdeeds, so Im still keeping an open, and hopeful mind!

I could have taken the cash but instead I opted for 2 Deeproot machines for my lost funds with Jpop. I'm told I get to "choose" 2 plus shipping cost.

Without saying I'm a fan for what they are going to offer.

#4742 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm hoping Sledge is a Barry Oursler or Dennis Nordman game.

One pin I could see working with that style of art, Back to the Future, based on the tell tale game art, but using the movie sequences and voices.....I'd like to see that actually

#4743 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Was the TNA PF issue straight chipping, no dimpling?
Our ACNC doesn't have chipping but does have a lot of dimpling and I am very disappointed with that.

I have inquired about a PF protector but there isn't one available and when I asked for an outline file to have one made, I was told no. My only option, if available, will be to order a blank PF.

So, just so that I understand, what has been figured out?

Oddly enough, my POTC LE has the clear welled up around the sling posts but has no dimples.

#4744 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Our ACNC doesn't have chipping but does have a lot of dimpling and I am very disappointed with that.

Not this again. Every playfield dimples. Steel balls are harder than a wooden playfield.

#4745 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Not this again. Every playfield dimples. Steel balls are harder than a wooden playfield.

That’s not true. My TSPP, no dimples, my Tron LE, no dimples. Some of the older stuff sometimes dimples but more of the new stuff dimples more severely. Seems to be luck of the draw on wood hardness. And no my TSPP and Tron have not had enough plays to have had dimples and then even’d out. They just don’t dimple. Oh and add my LOTR and Black SM to that list of no dimples. Come to think of it my Met and TWD no dimples. Though my Star Trek has some. Luck of the draw mostly but seems to be getting worse with the newer stuff.

#4746 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Wait........did Steve Richie tell you this?

#4747 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Wait........did Steve Richie tell you this?

He did tell me I should play better.

#4748 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That’s not true. My TSPP, no dimples, my Tron LE, no dimples. Some of the older stuff sometimes dimples but more of the new stuff dimples more severely. Seems to be luck of the draw on wood hardness. And no my TSPP and Tron have not had enough plays to have had dimples and then even’d out. They just don’t dimple. Oh and add my LOTR and Black SM to that list of no dimples. Come to think of it my Met and TWD no dimples. Though my Star Trek has some. Luck of the draw mostly but seems to be getting worse with the newer stuff.

Exactly. I currently have 20 pins and I can count on 1 hand those with dimples, the others simply don't have them.

Those that say the dimples just flatten out the playfield perfectly is full of BS. A: that is literally impossible to hit every bit of the playfield with a flying ball and B: there would be a raised edge around each insert and the areas of PF where a ball can't go, so you would see and feel that 'raised edge'.

#4749 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

You apparently haven't owned or are familiar with a playfield cleared by Kruzman. Dimples are NOT normal.

And for the other folks saying Robert should keep quiet - I do absolutely 100% fully disagree. I think he should be giving updates. Who cares if he misses so called dead lines. Being up front and honest about progress "or lack thereof" makes no difference to those who are reasonable. He's human and some things are just out of anyone's control. Honesty and sincerity will bring the people. However making a product, charging an arm and leg for it and have it falling a part and not owning it and fixing it will drive the masses away. Still rooting for AIW.

#4750 4 years ago

Deleted so I don't stir the pot in the wrong thread.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.