Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 672.
#4601 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not sure what you're going on about but it was changed some time ago. Here is their current logo.[quoted image]

Reminds me of this.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4602 4 years ago

Exactly

#4603 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How could I forget. You could make a big sandwich in the back of a Pacer.

I actually had one of these in College, but it was longer, the Station Wagon....Looked much better as Mine had Green Paint with Wood Trim. LOL

#4604 4 years ago
DD56C43F-EECC-4C39-B6B2-2CB1B70D2681 (resized).jpegDD56C43F-EECC-4C39-B6B2-2CB1B70D2681 (resized).jpeg
#4605 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My dream theme is Sledge Hammer!, and I hope that's one of the second games you have to choose from.

I loved this show, and I know it may have started as a joke that this should be a theme, but DAMN I am on board!

#4606 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I loved this show, and I know it may have started as a joke that this should be a theme, but DAMN I am on board!

Hmmm.... Dirty Harry Re-Theme!

#4607 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Hmmm.... Dirty Harry Re-Theme!

No. I already have a Dirty Harry.

That would be like owning a WNBJM and one of those other games made with it's leftover parts.

#4608 4 years ago

True. This is a thread about nothing that pretends to be a thread about something.

This is the true thread completely about nothing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-tom-issues-1

#4609 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not sure what you're going on about but it was changed some time ago. Here is their current logo.[quoted image]

pinocchio (resized).JPGpinocchio (resized).JPG
#4610 4 years ago
20190823_185625 (resized).jpg20190823_185625 (resized).jpg
#4611 4 years ago

All I can say is.....Beep, Beep, Boop!

#4612 4 years ago

Yeah it’s very clear Pinball is mice nuts on what Deeproot does as a whole. They have a pretty impressive staff of animators for TV, Movies, etc and very little for the Pinball part.

So they can turn out Pinball in 2026 or never as they have many other revenue streams

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah it’s very clear Pinball is mice nuts on what Deeproot does as a whole. They have a pretty impressive staff of animators for TV, Movies, etc and very little for the Pinball part.
So they can turn out Pinball in 2026 or never as they have many other revenue streams

They have no revenue streams, remember.

You're talking about potential revenue streams. Competition is also rather more cuthroat in gaming than pinball, even if potential sales and profitability are on a completely different scale.

#4614 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The original design was much cleaner (better) by logo standards. People on here trashed it so badly that they changed it. Listening to pinside is a sign of weakness. Grow a set, Deeproot!

#4615 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

People on here trashed it so badly that they changed it. Listening to pinside is a sign of weakness. Grow a set, Deeproot!

Somehow I don't think Robert gives a tinkers what Pinside thinks of their logo.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4616 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The original design was much cleaner (better) by logo standards.

True, you could much more cleanly see the butt cheeks in their original logo.

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They have no revenue streams, remember.
You're talking about potential revenue streams. Competition is also rather more cuthroat in gaming than pinball, even if potential sales and profitability are on a completely different scale.

Actually you’re wrong, look at their studios page. There main business is not gaming, it’s video & animation. For TV commercials, movies. Gaming is probably next and pinball is a very small portion based on their roster

#4618 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The original design was much cleaner (better) by logo standards. People on here trashed it so badly that they changed it. Listening to pinside is a sign of weakness. Grow a set, Deeproot!

This. The new logo is too messy for the wide variety of uses it will need and it scales very poorly. Very amateur logo work. I can't believe an agency did it. It looks very DIY.

#4619 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Actually you’re wrong, look at their studios page. There main business is not gaming, it’s video & animation. For TV commercials, movies. Gaming is probably next and pinball is a very small portion based on their roster

You are once again late to the party and way I’ll informed. Don’t count sister company,s work as deeproot pinball work and revenues.

#4620 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You are once again late to the party and way I’ll informed. Don’t count sister company,s work as deeproot pinball work and revenues.

Once again, you come with not facts nor even to bother looking at their site. Since you are unable, I brought it to you to make it easy for you. They are Deeproot Studios and Pinball is only 1 of the divisions

F3650673-4F3F-4CFF-AF1F-7ADC7FFDB99D (resized).pngF3650673-4F3F-4CFF-AF1F-7ADC7FFDB99D (resized).png
#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

What revenue?

#4622 4 years ago

"Based in San Antonio, Texas, deeproot® is a family of companies founded by financial and legal professionals with decades of combined experience in the financial markets. deeproot® designs, operates, and manages alternative private equity funds, and investment debenture funds, for accredited or non-accredited investors."

Pinball isn't even mentioned. So the parent company and other companies are making the money. Eventually Deeproot Pinball, but everyone here who thinks they are going out of business because of some simple pinball machines is wrong.

Regardless, looking forward to them turning out a pin, but they are not leaning on this division so they can take their time if they want

#4623 4 years ago

Whoops wrong thread Lol ...

#4625 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

"Based in San Antonio, Texas, deeproot® is a family of companies founded by financial and legal professionals with decades of combined experience in the financial markets. deeproot® designs, operates, and manages alternative private equity funds, and investment debenture funds, for accredited or non-accredited investors."
Pinball isn't even mentioned. So the parent company and other companies are making the money. Eventually Deeproot Pinball, but everyone here who thinks they are going out of business because of some simple pinball machines is wrong.
Regardless, looking forward to them turning out a pin, but they are not leaning on this division so they can take their time if they want

Thanks for telling us what we have all known, for years.

#4626 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Once again, you come with not facts nor even to bother looking at their site.

Because we know more than just what goes into big claims on a website? Why don’t you do yourself a favor and go back to the very start... he’ll even just read the news articles if you want the tidy versions, and get educated.

I’m not “coming with facts” all listed out and organized for you because I’m not your freaking hand maid. I don’t have to make a case because This is all research and knowledge accumulated years ago and common knowledge now. But once again, you come strolling in late, and telling everyone they are wrong because you simply don’t have the baseline understanding Of what is going on.

Go start and learn where deeproot’s money, and leadership come from. It’s selling insurance and investment funds. They started businesses under the deeproot name umbrella. These are startup projects (including their animation group) - not established cash generating businesses.

You seem to be a sucker for big bold claims on a website (Roberts favorite type of customer!). Go try finding the portfolio of clients and past projects of “deeproot studios” instead.

Here... I’ll give you a running start... one piece for you.. https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-update-plus-interview-new-hire-new-building-new-creative-studio-new-licenses-and-help-offered-to-those-who-lost-money-on-pre-orders-from-other-companies/

Then go back and start with the reading on deeproot’s history and money.

#4627 4 years ago

What did you say? Raza has a robot
How original!
gettyimages-618795424-2048x2048 (resized).jpggettyimages-618795424-2048x2048 (resized).jpg

Almost as original as the heron up the ars logo

#4628 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

How original!
[quoted image]
Almost as original as the heron up the ars logo

At least they're trying unlicensed themes.

#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because we know more than just what goes into big claims on a website? Why don’t you do yourself a favor and go back to the very start... he’ll even just read the news articles if you want the tidy versions, and get educated.
I’m not “coming with facts” all listed out and organized for you because I’m not your freaking hand maid. I don’t have to make a case because This is all research and knowledge accumulated years ago and common knowledge now. But once again, you come strolling in late, and telling everyone they are wrong because you simply don’t have the baseline understanding Of what is going on.
Go start and learn where deeproot’s money, and leadership come from. It’s selling insurance and investment funds. They started businesses under the deeproot name umbrella. These are startup projects (including their animation group) - not established cash generating businesses.
You seem to be a sucker for big bold claims on a website (Roberts favorite type of customer!). Go try finding the portfolio of clients and past projects of “deeproot studios” instead.
Here... I’ll give you a running start... one piece for you.. https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-update-plus-interview-new-hire-new-building-new-creative-studio-new-licenses-and-help-offered-to-those-who-lost-money-on-pre-orders-from-other-companies/
Then go back and start with the reading on deeproot’s history and money.

Oh, I didn’t realize your were the CFO of Deeproot and know where they are getting money from.

So do you really think they have no money? Is that large talented staff hanging around for popcorn?

Pinball isn’t their primary business.

#4630 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

We're supposed to have glue guns too...

What classic quotes, starting at about 14:15... skipping all the other filler.

#4631 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

We're supposed to have glue guns too...
What classic quotes, starting at about 14:15... skipping all the other filler.

Id buy that machine. In that condition, better than most Sterns NIB

#4632 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Oh, I didn’t realize your were the CFO of Deeproot and know where they are getting money from.
So do you really think they have no money? Is that large talented staff hanging around for popcorn?
Pinball isn’t their primary business.

Read what was posted - not make up your own stories. I didn't say 'they have no money' - in fact they had lots of money up front. They setup these pinball and digital creative studios with their investment funds... I'm sure they are trying to shop their digital studio for more work as well, but they aren't an established business able to float this thing.

You are under this misimpression that this is some umbrella of companies that decided to start a pinball side biz. That's incorrect. You have a money man who had a business setup to do investment schemes and had made money in prior ventures... who setup this new scheme with some undisclosed seed money. Outsiders do not know who the investors are.

#4633 4 years ago

Are they still releasing more pins in 2019 hours than any other manufacturer? I doubt they could meet this target if they only release/reveal their first pin in November 2019. I’d not, has Deeproot clarified this statement? Or walked back on this comment?

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Pinball isn't even mentioned. So the parent company and other companies are making the money

Have you any evidence of this, like deeproot financial statements or tax returns? You are making this claim and asking other people to prove they aren’t making money. Essentially asking others to prove a negative.
It’s as absurd as claiming god exists and asking other people to prove he doesn’t. Ah nevermind. I just realized 90% of the population has this warped thinking.

#4635 4 years ago

They've gone radio silent....

#4636 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Read what was posted - not make up your own stories. I didn't say 'they have no money' - in fact they had lots of money up front. They setup these pinball and digital creative studios with their investment funds... I'm sure they are trying to shop their digital studio for more work as well, but they aren't an established business able to float this thing.
You are under this misimpression that this is some umbrella of companies that decided to start a pinball side biz. That's incorrect. You have a money man who had a business setup to do investment schemes and had made money in prior ventures... who setup this new scheme with some undisclosed seed money. Outsiders do not know who the investors are.

So are you under the impression Deeproot is a Ponzi Scheme and an illegitimate umbrella of companies? I'm confused on what point you're trying to make here.

#4637 4 years ago

Insert Beat Dead Horse gif, please....

#4638 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I have always wanted a Ferrari but I don’t have a lot of patience !

644E98A9-F436-4FDD-AE13-7601FE9EDB94 (resized).jpeg644E98A9-F436-4FDD-AE13-7601FE9EDB94 (resized).jpegEC544079-3BFF-4632-A627-EC1E3C660209 (resized).jpegEC544079-3BFF-4632-A627-EC1E3C660209 (resized).jpeg
#4639 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So are you under the impression Deeproot is a Ponzi Scheme and an illegitimate umbrella of companies? I'm confused on what point you're trying to make here.

I said no such thing and am tired of your repeated failures to comprehend or follow basic information. Deeproot pinball and staydio are startups from investment money - that's what is important.

They shown themselves to be well funded to date.

#4640 4 years ago

This will be Wolfemaaan’s next post.

Quoted from flynnibus:

They shown themselves to be well funded to date.

You said earlier that Deeproot hasn’t made any money and now you’re saying they have? Make up your mind.

#4641 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You said earlier that Deeproot hasn’t made any money and now you’re saying they have? Make up your mind.

Right? What exactly is this guys point other than to continue to argue about some point nobody seems to be able to figure out.

Curious why these guys have a vendetta for a brand new company who is using their creative studios to do lots of interesting ventures one of which happens to be pinball. I see this negative talk about the owners as well even though they haven’t did any business with anybody here.

So if you just came here wish these guys failure, disappear and go somewhere else. Otherwise the rest of us are looking forward to see what this company is going to turn out

#4642 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Curious why these guys have a vendetta for a brand new company who is using their creative studios to do lots of interesting ventures one of which happens to be pinball. I see this negative talk about the owners as well even though they haven’t did any business with anybody here.

If you are asking a sincere question, the answers are in this thread. Extreme hubris. Disparaging of the existing pinball companies and products (that we all enjoy now). Blown self-imposed deadlines which erode confidence. Weird legal threats for pinside posts. Hiring of a pinball pariah who harmed a ton of pinheads (only some of which are made whole from the deeproot deal - a minority and certainly not all). Following the well-worn path of all pinball start ups to talk big, and then as deadlines fall to start dribbling out things like art which after the "pinball is easy" talk will create doubt in anyone.

That is my sincere answer to your sincere question.

#4643 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If you are asking a sincere question, the answers are in this thread. Extreme hubris. Disparaging of the existing pinball companies and products (that we all enjoy now). Blown self-imposed deadlines which erode confidence. Weird legal threats for pinside posts. Hiring of a pinball pariah who harmed a ton of pinheads (only some of which are made whole from the deeproot deal - a minority and certainly not all). Following the well-worn path of all pinball start ups to talk big, and then as deadlines fall to start dribbling out things like art which after the "pinball is easy" talk will create doubt in anyone.
That is my sincere answer to your sincere question.

Ok, I get that and appreciate the sincere answer. These items you mentioned are valid and you are entitled to be distrusting in them as they appear to have missed some promised delivery timelines. I wont argue with that. For me though, I have seen them pay back people they didn't have an obligation to, which have been confirmed here. That goes a long way in my book. And I haven't lost a penny personally watching Deeproot miss deadlines to turn out (we hope) to be spectacular machines. That I am hoping for. But IMO (and MO only) I don't feel at this point they've done anything to jump ship and count them out. But surely should that day come, I wont we spending 8 months here expressing that over an over. Ill just be like "Peace out Deeproot, was nice you tried but I have other pinball machines to buy and enjoy" and then never look back. But im hoping they get machines out.

But I hear you, Deeproot should have better communication with their potential audience or they are going to lose customers such as yourself.

#4644 4 years ago

Is it just me, or does wolfemaaan sound like kaneda's annoying younger sibling...

#4645 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Did you miss those key words "investors" and "investment"?

Making money and having money are not interchangeable concepts. I said they were well "funded" which means money they had access to. Nothing in the same discussion about "making money".

"Funded" is money coming from investors - not customers

#4646 4 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Is it just me or is wolfemaaan sound like kaneda's annoying younger sibling...

He's annoying and has nothing but run-on posts. Your theory has some basis.

#4647 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

They're posting pics and clips...

Just not here.

Why would that be? *rolleyes*

#4648 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They're posting pics and clips...
Just not here.
Why would that be? *rolleyes*

Gee Wally I have no idea...lol

#4649 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did you miss those key words "investors" and "investment"?
Making money and having money are not interchangeable concepts. I said they were well "funded" which means money they had access to. Nothing in the same discussion about "making money".
"Funded" is money coming from investors - not customers

I fully understand and agree with you. Reread the first sentence of my post.

#4650 4 years ago

With all the quality issues with pins lately the door is certainly open for Deeproot to make a splash. Make a super solid pin with great quality and use that fact against your competitors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.