Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 672.
#4551 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

BTW ya derp...

Stop talking to yourself.

But I'd like a My little Pony machine...

derpy-hooves-derpy-hooves-mlp-fim-30859604-1024-768 (resized).pngderpy-hooves-derpy-hooves-mlp-fim-30859604-1024-768 (resized).png
#4552 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Indeed last time I checked pinball is a 3D game. Taking pinball to the next dimension? ... how ironic Lol

"Jetting you back to the 80s" sounds kind of ironic coming from someone that said they would not be outdated like the rest of the industry.

As long as Sledge Hammer! is in the works, I can let that slide. Only if.

Nimblepin brought over his box set and we watched the pilot episode the other night. Good stuff!
I'm not sure if some of that humor would fly on TV today.

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not sure if some of that humor would fly on TV today.

Recently watched an episode of the "Prince from Bel Air" and wouldn't know/ remember why I ever watched that show and/ or thought it's funny.

Sledge Hammer is a parody on 'hard cop' movies, but for me beeing a tidbit to young to have seen the movie genre SH makes fun of back then, SH always defined itself for me as an original show.
So my perception of it didn't change at all, I like it as much as I did back then.

#4554 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Liked Sledgehammer but of all 80's ish Shows I'd pick Knight Rider.

If this thread has turned into 80s TV shows we liked while we're waiting for DR info , we never got Sledgehammer over here but I used to love Night Court and Greatest American Hero

#4555 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If this thread has turned into 80s TV shows we liked while we're waiting for DR info , we never got Sledgehammer over here but I used to love Night Court and Greatest American Hero

Uh, I feel for you.

But regarding "over here" I still insist that The Munsters ran over here completely (re)colored one specific channel, since it first aired here decades later and you could not show B/W anymore.
And no I don't mean the movies/ specials.

And yes it aired also in B/W but on other channels. So like, they licensed the show but not the colorization that the channel before made?

Itsamystryandnoonecares...

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Recently watched an episode of the "Prince from Bel Air"

I saw that one. lol.

In that Sledge Hammer! loudener clip that was posted a few pages back, you can clearly see him flipping the bird as he rubs his eye. All kinds of little things like that sometimes take a second watch to notice.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I saw that one. lol.
In that Sledge Hammer! loudener clip that was posted a few pages back, you can clearly see him flipping the bird as he rubs his eye. All kinds of little things like that sometimes take a second watch to notice.
[quoted image]

I meant the show with Will Smith.

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

38gqo8 (resized).jpg38gqo8 (resized).jpg
#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

What if I told you I knew that you knew what I meant?

#4560 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

What if I told you I knew that you knew what I meant?

IMG_7139.GIFIMG_7139.GIF
#4561 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

[quoted image]

Deeproot Bill & Ted confirmed?

#4562 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Deeproot Bill & Ted confirmed?

Yep. That and every other game you ever wanted, for close to peanuts in cost!

#4563 4 years ago

And I just bought a Ferrari for the price of a Fiat.

download (4) (resized).jpgdownload (4) (resized).jpg

#4564 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

I think they might have ripped you off.

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I think they might have ripped you off.

Fierrari lol

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Recently watched an episode of the "Prince from Bel Air"

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

kool and the gang will help you complete the shows title.

#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Stop talking to yourself.
But I'd like a My little Pony machine...[quoted image]

Of course you would. I mean, why wouldn't you pivot away from my posting of whitewood(completely invalidating your argument), pre release. The fact that its jpoop, who is running the show at dr, is just that much more ironic.

Anyway, so do you or DR have some semblance of a release plan?? You act like you are in the know.

#4568 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

SuperSick!

#4569 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Errr.. Toyota.

#4570 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Errr.. Toyota.

is better than both those pieces. lol

I'm not going to go back through 92 pages of nothing to find what Italian sports car deeproot is trying to sell us. From what I understand they don't even have a dealership or a showroom yet.

#4572 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Of course you would. I mean, why wouldn't you pivot away from my posting of whitewood(completely invalidating your argument), pre release. The fact that its jpoop, who is running the show at dr, is just that much more ironic.
Anyway, so do you or DR have some semblance of a release plan?? You act like you are in the know.

Why not get some happiness from playing pinball instead of insanely ridiculous trolling?

#4573 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Why not get some happiness from playing pinball instead of insanely ridiculous trolling?

h2E63134A.gifh2E63134A.gif
#4574 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

is better than both those pieces. lol
I'm not going to go back through 92 pages of nothing to find what Italian sports car deeproot is trying to sell us. From what I understand they don't even have a dealership or a showroom yet.

Not Italian sports cars, I thought more along the lines of a Smart Car or Yugo. Remember the Pinto and Pacer ? Those were gorgeous and wonderfully engineered.

Dealership or showroom ?? Factory has no line to put anything together. Not that there is anything to build. At least no push back from the UAW union.

#4575 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Errr.. Toyota.

Err.. Fiat X19

#4576 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Remember the Pinto and Pacer ? Those were gorgeous and wonderfully engineered.

How could I forget. You could make a big sandwich in the back of a Pacer.

#4577 4 years ago

Deeproot what ever you do make sure your PF’s are good. Otherwise you may be dead on arrival.

#4578 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Deeproot what ever you do make sure your PF’s are good. Otherwise you may be dead on arrival.

Nah. If it is somebody's "dream theme", they will buy it sight unseen with joy and piles of cash. And then save the bitching for later on pinside. Probably still won't stop them from buying another.

#4579 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nah. If it is somebody's "dream theme", they will buy it sight unseen with joy and piles of cash. And then save the bitching for later on pinside. Probably still won't stop them from buying another.

Yeah, that's what I did with Zidware.

My "dream theme" will be to get my RAZA and a second machine DR is giving me for the money I lost with Jpop.
Not a bad offer from a company that has already send cash to "former" Zidware customers.
They are promising a show of RAZA machines at the Houston show in November. Patience grasshopper....
There should be about 2000 more irrelevant posts in the thread by then.

#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

My "dream theme" will be to get my RAZA and a second machine DR is giving me for the money I lost with Jpop.

My dream theme is Sledge Hammer!, and I hope that's one of the second games you have to choose from.

#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My dream theme is Sledge Hammer!, and I hope that's one of the second games you have to choose from.

What no Highlander ?

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

What no Highlander ?

Highlander is a cool movie, but there have been enough fantasy themed games lately, and humor is what is really missing.

What was the last game that had a good sense of humor besides those making them laughing all the way to the bank and at those that think they deserve new playfields ?

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Highlander is a cool movie, but there have been enough fantasy themed games lately, and humor is what is really missing.
What was the last game that had a good sense of humor besides those making them laughing all the way to the bank and at those that think they deserve new playfields ?

No, there have been enough music pins lately,

If we're going to discuss Slede Hammer or Matrix etc.... Why not Highlander?

#4584 4 years ago

I am a pinballer through and through. I love all pinball and this is a great time to be a collector/player.
I wish all the success in the world to deeproot. They are the single most important reason I am going to the Houston pinball and arcade expo.
I will say, however, if they don't show or don't have playable pins...i will be hugely disappointed...probably to the point I will have to give up on them. I'm hoping that is not the case.

#4585 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

No, there have been enough music pins lately,
If we're going to discuss Slede Hammer or Matrix etc.... Why not Highlander?

You just answered your own question. A Highlander would have to have music by Queen and that would make it another music pin with a fantasy theme. Same thing.. But you are free to discuss anything. Noone's holding you back.

There is a reason Medieval Madness is maybe the most beloved game since the DMD era began and it's not that pissed off ugly king on the translite. One major thing sets it apart.

Humor

#4586 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You just answered your own question. A Highlander would have to have music by Queen and that would make it another music pin with a fantasy theme. Same thing.. But you are free to discuss anything. Noone's holding you back.
There is a reason Medieval Madness is maybe the most beloved game since the DMD era began and it's not that pissed off ugly king on the translite. One major thing sets it apart.
Humor

Touche!

It would have to have Queen!

However, I'm referring to music only theme, but you made my point in calling me out as well, manufacturers usually release a genre we want but not necessarily the theme , they can't please all the people all the time, simply not possible, as much as I think there has been enough music pins made by stern in recent years, if JJP or someone else makes GNR iill strongly consider buying NIB

Quoted from Daditude:

I am a pinballer through and through. I love all pinball and this is a great time to be a collector/player.
I wish all the success in the world to deeproot. They are the single most important reason I am going to the Houston pinball and arcade expo.
I will say, however, if they don't show or don't have playable pins...i will be hugely disappointed...probably to the point I will have to give up on them. I'm hoping that is not the case.

They are the Reason I'm going as well, although I'm confident we will be playing Raza for the first time, but if not like you I'll be colossally disappointed!

#4587 4 years ago

@ o-din

Dream themes could include one music pin that nobody would dare build - Lawrence Welk the music pin ! Imagine a bubble machine inside the playfield. A one a and a two a multiball. Good night theme song playing at game over. I've pitched this theme to one of my contacts at a major pin manufacturer. The boss just won't give it a go. It would look great sitting next to my Beatles pin.

#4588 4 years ago

deeproot
"Big trouble in little China" is my dream theme, so much potential. However I know it's not for everyone, and extremely unlikely..
So I'll just keep on dreaming

#4589 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Nice, but not as nice as my hybrid Subaru Baha. Efficiency in the front, storage in the back.

B88C0097-5DD6-45C5-9413-B1AEDEA858F1 (resized).jpegB88C0097-5DD6-45C5-9413-B1AEDEA858F1 (resized).jpeg
#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Noone's holding you back.

He’s better not.

3265FFC8-4BFE-4EF2-B6AC-CD7CB8CF4E90 (resized).jpeg3265FFC8-4BFE-4EF2-B6AC-CD7CB8CF4E90 (resized).jpeg
#4591 4 years ago

Another casualty of Pinside?
zzzzzzzzzzDeeproot (resized).pngzzzzzzzzzzDeeproot (resized).png
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/deeproot/forum

#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Another casualty of Pinside?[quoted image]

I heard he got caught disseminating legal advice without a license.

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

In my experience, usually it's the user's own doing. One way or another.

#4594 4 years ago

I,m sure DP is still lurking......

#4595 4 years ago

They haven't donated to pinside since 2015, so it's about time. We don't take their brand of punishment for free.

#4596 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I heard the goatse guy was suing him over the use of their logo.

#4597 4 years ago

I had posted this question before but never got a response... Was Deeproot’s logo designed in house or by an external agency?

There's an incredible amount of skill and nuance that goes into creating logo design, things that aren't obvious to the non-graphic designer. Some might say that designing a logo is easy, but thinking it's that simple could be considered an example of the Dunning Kruger effect:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
Wasn't there an earlier version of the logo with a gear in it that then changed? That to me suggests that someone else thought the original version wasn't considered effective enough to keep. I'm not saying that is the case here, and I bring no malice, just trying to understand. I really wish great things for Deeproot Pinball, and am excited to see the innovations they bring to the industry. It's disappointing to see they will no longer be able to meet the 5 days of Deeproot event at Texas, I just hope they haven't over promised and I hope we're not seeing the Dunning Kruger effect applied to pinball creation.

#4598 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Oh boy. There ought to be a lot of meaningful update discussion on here now....

#4599 4 years ago
38o5g6 (resized).jpg38o5g6 (resized).jpg
#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I had posted this question before but never got a response... Was Deeproot’s logo designed in house or by an external agency?
There's an incredible amount of skill and nuance that goes into creating logo design, things that aren't obvious to the non-graphic designer. Some might say that designing a logo is easy, but thinking it's that simple could be considered an example of the Dunning Kruger effect:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
Wasn't there an earlier version of the logo with a gear in it that then changed? That to me suggests that someone else thought the original version wasn't considered effective enough to keep. I'm not saying that is the case here, and I bring no malice, just trying to understand. I really wish great things for Deeproot Pinball, and am excited to see the innovations they bring to the industry. It's disappointing to see they will no longer be able to meet the 5 days of Deeproot event at Texas, I just hope they haven't over promised and I hope we're not seeing the Dunning Kruger effect applied to pinball creation.

Not sure what you're going on about but it was changed some time ago. Here is their current logo.

zzzzzzdeeproot-Pinball-Logo (resized).pngzzzzzzdeeproot-Pinball-Logo (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/92?hl=gunsnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.