Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 672.
#4451 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Which November

#4452 4 years ago

Today I learned: there is a moderator on Pinside who is unaware that deeproot was offering refunds. Isn't this general knowledge at this point?

#4453 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Today I learned: there is a moderator on Pinside who is unaware that deeproot was offering refunds. Isn't this general knowledge at this point?

i guess even some moderators have a hard time sifting through 90 pages of nothing.

#4454 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That show had a laugh track?!

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Oh yeah, I have all of the original episodes which was unfortunately only 2 seasons before they got cancelled.. But the original English version has the obnoxious laugh track. I wish they would have dumped it when the re-released the episodes for DVD.

Anchor Bay copies of SH has Alan Spencer on camera specifically stating that they removed the laugh track so fans can laugh when they want to as opposed to where they “should.”

thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image1 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image2 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image2 (resized).jpg
#4455 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anchor Bay copies of SH has Alan Spencer on camera specifically stating that they removed the laugh track so fans can laugh when they want to as opposed to where they “should.”[quoted image][quoted image]

Dang.. Good info. I might have to pick up a copy...!

#4456 4 years ago

Seriously, with all the retro going on in pinball right now, can anybody think of a real good reason why Sledge Hammer! would not be a great pinball theme?

It's got fans now that weren't even alive when the show first aired. I was one of the ones that watched every episode when it did.

#4457 4 years ago

I watched it live when it aired too.

I like the episode where he qualifies at the range and he uses a "loudener" on his gun blowing huge holes in all the targets.

#4458 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I watched it live when it aired too.
I like the episode where he qualifies at the range and he uses a "loudener" on his gun blowing huge holes in all the targets.

Didn't he talk to his gun like it was alive?

#4459 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Not only did he talk to it, but he slept with it too and it had it's own pillow!

And count me as an original week to week watcher when it first aired too.

O-din, thanks for posting that. I will have to hunt down that release and pick it up. I bought the DVD sets when they first came out and the laugh track is still there on mine.

#4460 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

O-din, thanks for posting that.

You can thank Nimblepin who is still on hiatus. I just watched the show. Turns out he is one of the FANatics. But for me, in the wasteland that was 80s TV, it was the best.

#4461 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Hell, sometimes it even talked to him!

#4462 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anchor Bay copies of SH has Alan Spencer on camera specifically stating that they removed the laugh track so fans can laugh when they want to as opposed to where they “should.”[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, we’re really looking to lure Deeproot out of hiding with all this Sledgehammer talk

#4463 4 years ago

Just all part of the 90 pages of nothing

#4464 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seriously, with all the retro going on in pinball right now, can anybody think of a real good reason why Sledge Hammer! would not be a great pinball theme? It's got fans now that weren't even alive when the show first aired. I was one of the ones that watched every episode when it did.

I missed Sledge Hammer! in the 80s (didn't have a TV), but all of this talk inspired me to take the plunge. Season One on eBay ran me $4.99 shipped, seemed like a tolerable risk. I saw a few reviews comparing it to Brisco County Jr., hope it lives up to the hype.

#4465 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I saw a few reviews comparing it to Brisco County Jr., hope it lives up to the hype.

Not fair; that's setting it up for failure. It's a funny show that was made for around Tree-fiddy an episode, and Brisco is like the greatest single season show ever.

#4466 4 years ago

A little research shows it aired Thursday night on ABC at 8:OO PM. It looks like it might have originally went up against Cosby on NBC and Simon and Simon on CBS. I didn't really care for either one of those, so Sledge was on at the perfect time. My roommate and I were 24 and 25, and it was the perfect humor for the likes of us.

Later CBS put the new Twilight Zone in the same time spot and I've been wondering why I never watched it. Now I know, but I've been taking it all in on MeTV now. Some pretty good episodes of that one.

#4467 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I missed Sledge Hammer! in the 80s (didn't have a TV), but all of this talk inspired me to take the plunge. Season One on eBay ran me $4.99 shipped, seemed like a tolerable risk. I saw a few reviews comparing it to Brisco County Jr., hope it lives up to the hype.

I'm looking forward to your review! I gotta borrow nimblepin's and watch it all again too. I've taken in a bit on youtube, but that isn't the same.

#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Later CBS put the new Twilight Zone in the same time spot and I've been wondering why I never watched it. Now I know, but I've been taking it all in on MeTV now. Some pretty good episodes of that one.

First season is decent due to heavy hitters involved, then it falls off huge. Even Season 3 when J. Michael Straczynski writes a bunch they are still mediocre.

#4469 4 years ago

Not sure what We are even talking about at this Point.

RAZA ? Any updates on that.

Any updates on Deep Root? I had considered applying for a software developer job over ther a few months back. Probably missed the train on that one.

#4470 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:First season is decent due to heavy hitters involved, then it falls off huge. Even Season 3 when J. Michael Straczynski writes a bunch they are still mediocre.

I watched one last night where the space cargo ship had to jettison a teenage girl stowaway. The one where the Vietnam vet took the war to a diner was the bomb.

#4471 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I watched one last night where the space cargo ship had to jettison a teenage girl stowaway. The one where the Vietnam vet took the war to a diner was the bomb.

Dammit I missed that one, William Friedkin directed! Did you just watch that? I didn;t think METV had swung back around to season 1 yet...I've been waiting.

#4472 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dammit I missed that one, William Friedkin directed! Did you just watch that? I didn;t think METV had swung back around to season 1 yet...I've been waiting.

I think it started with season one a month or so ago when I saw it. Yeah they are in the later seasons now.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Not sure what We are even talking about at this Point.

Deeproot's the one that first mentioned Sledgehammer, not me.

#4473 4 years ago

Loved that show.

#4474 4 years ago

Liked Sledgehammer but of all 80's ish Shows I'd pick Knight Rider.

#4475 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Liked Sledgehammer but of all 80's ish Shows I'd pick Knight Rider.

I was a little too old to take that show seriously at the time. I can see how it amused the kids though. It was kind of like Hardcastle and Fuckstick, or whatever it was called.

#4476 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was a little too old to take that show seriously at the time. I can see how it amused the kids though. It was kind of like Hardcastle and Fuckstick, or whatever it was called.

I was 7 and it was like my prayers had been answered. A talking car that flies?

SIGN ME UP!!!

#4477 4 years ago

I was all about MacGyver though.

On the west coast it came on right after Monday Night Football, and in many cases it was better than the game we had just watched.

I even thought about taking a "Bring On MacGyver!" sign to a Monday night Rams game to hang over the railing near the end of the game.

#4478 4 years ago

One of Terry Bradshaw's first TV roles after football beside those Zerex antifreeze ads he did was on Hardcastle and McCormick. He got shot and killed in like the first 5 minutes. lol.

#4479 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was all about MacGyver though.
On the west coast it came on right after Monday Night Football, and in many cases it was better than the game we had just watched.
I even thought about taking a "Bring On MacGyver!" sign to a Monday night Rams game to hang over the railing near the end of the game.

At the young age of 5 I spent Thursday night trying to convince my older sisters to turn on Sledge Hammer! Sunday or Monday night was all about MacGyver, I was obsessed. I even remember being sad when I missed an episode or some TV special pushed them out of there normal schedule. Both would make good pinball.

#4480 4 years ago

The Coyote from H&M was at least a sweet looking car.

Quoted from o-din:

One of Terry Bradshaw's first TV roles ...

Quoted from fosaisu:

I saw a few reviews comparing it to Brisco County Jr., ...

TB's crowning achievement, besides the 4 SBs, was the series finale' of Brisco, Harbaugh also on it.

#4481 4 years ago

"loudener" clip...

ref post # 4457

#4482 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

At the young age of 5 I spent Thursday night trying to convince my older sisters to turn on Sledge Hammer!

They probably wanted to watch Cosby. Total chick show of it's time. No cool dudes I knew watched it.

--------

"I'm going to be a big star someday!"

The dude even had some hair left on top at that time.
H+M (resized).jpgH+M (resized).jpg

#4483 4 years ago

What's that Fred?

#4484 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

What's that Fred?

Works for me! lol.

Near the end, his partner looked like she might have had a substance abuse problem or something.

#4485 4 years ago

My apologies to Stepfanie Kramer.

A little research shows she kept on being productive well after Hunter. Perhaps at the time she just looked a little stressed is was I noticed.

#4486 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

i guess even some moderators have a hard time sifting through 90 pages of nothing.

Nice to see you back!

#4487 4 years ago

Saw this today. Thoughts?

FB_IMG_1566049433346 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566049433346 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190817-094348_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190817-094348_Facebook (resized).jpg
#4489 4 years ago

2019-08-17 08_53_12-deeproot Studios - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-08-17 08_53_12-deeproot Studios - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#4490 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

My thoughts:
- It's a drawing, not a pinball game
- Things are taking way longer than expected (well....expected by some)
- I can't believe Deeproot can ever make up for all of the costs they're making
- I hope things will turn out well for the employees (designers, audio, etc) of Deeproot. And for pinball enthusiasts it would be nice if Deeproot will produce some great games at a reasonable price

Are those the thoughts you're asking for?

#4491 4 years ago

I think I'm looking forward to the Houston Expo in November.

#4492 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Saw this today. Thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image]

Boring.
Lets see some tiny winy piece off pinball playfield from one Deeproot design.
Instead of this crap.

#4493 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Saw this today. Thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image]

There appears to be a pink penis.

#4494 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

#4495 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

oh my gosh. It cannot be unseen.

#4496 4 years ago

A little quick history behind the JetStar Roller Coaster name that is used in RAZA. This was the roller coaster that hurricane Sandy took and dumped into the sea at Seaside Hieghts,NJ. I was able to name this back when I was involved in RAZA and it’s good to see they might kept the name. Hopefully they can do the coaster some justice now that it’s disassembled and long gone.
3CD54505-850B-4254-BAF3-BC33E51C7213 (resized).jpeg3CD54505-850B-4254-BAF3-BC33E51C7213 (resized).jpeg

#4497 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Hard to say. What does the rest of the game look like ?

Art work like that looks great. I hope the game is great too.

LTG : )

#4498 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Quoted from frolic:

oh my gosh. It cannot be unseen.

First there was hairdick, now there's pinkdick.

#4499 4 years ago

Seems to be the cycle:
A drawing is shared and then it feed this thread for a week.

But...
Where is the pin? What is the art? How it plays? ....

Tired of this kind of communication.

#4500 4 years ago

Sees 30 new posts, enters thread. Sees same old bs, exits thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.