Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 672.
#4401 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On the first day, Deeproot created hype and it was good.
On the second day, they announced they were bringing several old designers out of retirement and it was sorta good.
On the third day, they announced they would be bringing more games to market than the rest of the industry and it was real good
On the forth day, they announced they would not be outdated like the rest of the industry, and it was not so good
On the fifth day, they started sending out piles of money and again it was good....
Stay tuned for the next five days...

Actually I like all 5 and you even forgot the Ferrari for a Fiat pricetag and the Sledgrhammer!

#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Actually I like all 5 and you even forgot the Ferrari for a Fiat pricetag and the Sledgrhammer!

I only had five days to work with....

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not to mention cracking down on Pinside lawyers practicing without a license. They've been very busy.

#4404 4 years ago

On Day 7, Deeproot gives out free pinball machines to the people not complaining about Deeproot for 1 day

#4405 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

On Day 7, Deeproot gives out free pinball machines to the people not complaining about Deeproot for 1 day.

Not surprisingly, it doesn't cost them much at all.

#4406 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

and the Sledgrhammer!

On the sixth day, deeproot announced they had secured a most desired license from the 1980s and it was super good.

51FRMGBD7VL (resized).jpg51FRMGBD7VL (resized).jpg
#4407 4 years ago

And all this time I thought it was Columbo

6527168B-7E75-4E21-A3DD-83CC89A09B75 (resized).png6527168B-7E75-4E21-A3DD-83CC89A09B75 (resized).png
#4408 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The secret litigation group have NOTHING except wasted legal fees as I advised yrs ago
I feel bad for Bruce Z because he’s a lawyer and at least gave it a shot
The other nameless dopes that led people down the wrong path should be ashamed of themselves

4 days to go

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On the sixth day, deeproot announced they had secured a most desired license from the 1980s and it was super good.[quoted image]

I loved that show and it's music!

#4410 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On the sixth day, deeproot announced they had secured a most desired license from the 1980s and it was super good.

But Pinsiders bitched because the pin was based too much on Season 2 and they thought Season 1 was better.

#4411 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

But Pinsiders bitched because the pin was based too much on Season 2 and they thought Season 1 was better.

Hopefully it will have a wizard mode with the never shown until later show finale.

#4412 4 years ago

Thanks for the video. I guess MG has been talked to death, but if deeproot is releasing MG, I hope they keep the playfield artwork, music, voice acting and chuck everything else.

Especially the skittles-vomit LED GI - washes out the playfield instead of illuminating it. For the love of god don't ship a game without white GI.

#4413 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On the sixth day, deeproot announced they had secured a most desired license from the 1980s and it was super good.[quoted image]

Too bad this is only a joke as this would actually be a grail theme for me if it was really made! My buddies and I used to watch Sledgehammer religiously. The laugh track drove me crazy, but the show itself was great!

#4414 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

This would actually be a grail theme for me if it was really made! My buddies and I used to watch Sledgehammer religiously. The laugh track drove me crazy, but the show itself was great!

That show had a laugh track?!

Guess they dumped that in the dubbing. XD

#4415 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That show had a laugh track?!
Guess they dumped that in the dubbing. XD

Oh yeah, I have all of the original episodes which was unfortunately only 2 seasons before they got cancelled.. But the original English version has the obnoxious laugh track. I wish they would have dumped it when the re-released the episodes for DVD.

#4416 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Oh yeah, I have all of the original episodes which was unfortunately only 2 seasons before they got cancelled.. But the original English version has the obnoxious laugh track. I wish they would have dumped it when the re-released the episodes for DVD.

Oh my gosh, ok. I only know the dubbed version... wich is allready kinda 'cheap'. (But somehow that fits.)
While we were talking about it yesterday I watched an episode where Hammer got some Highschool gangers to use their bullying for good and join the police.

#4417 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Too bad this is only a joke as this would actually be a grail theme for me if it was really made! My buddies and I used to watch Sledgehammer religiously. The laugh track drove me crazy, but the show itself was great!

I'm hoping it's not a joke. It would be my first pinball purchase.

#4418 4 years ago

I loved that show as a kid, but there is no way it would ever be made. Too obscure.

For those that don’t know, the character Sledgehammer was basically a take on Seargent Tackleberry of the Police Academy movies and Dirty Harry.

#4419 4 years ago

Will be interesting to see how the market changes when deep root brings it. Lots of people already unloading games cheap for Stern Jurassic Park...

#4420 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I loved that show as a kid, but there is no way it would ever be made. Too obscure.

Well, if it ends up being Full House or Family Ties, I aint buying it.

Quoted from tbutler6:

Lots of people already unloading games cheap for Stern Jurassic Park...

Pretty standard. Next they will be unloading that one for Elvira, then Elvira for Reo Speedwagon, and so on and so on....

Lotta short attention span in this hobby.

#4421 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

For those that don’t know, the character Sledgehammer was basically a take on Seargent Tackleberry of the Police Academy movies and Dirty Harry.

It was a general humerous take on "hard cop" movies, wich they totally overdid at that time.

#4422 4 years ago

Can anyone point me to a form or contact I should reach out to for a refund on my deposit with JPOP for BHZA? I've tried to scan this thread but not doing a good job. Thank you in advance. If easier please PM me.

#4423 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Can anyone point me to a form or contact I should reach out to for a refund on my deposit with JPOP for BHZA? I've tried to scan this thread but not doing a good job. Thank you in advance. If easier please PM me.

If you didn’t get in on the goodwill offer long long ago... that opportunity is long gone. The deeproot offer was like 1-2years ago

#4424 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Will be interesting to see how the market changes when deep root brings it. Lots of people already unloading games cheap for Stern Jurassic Park...

Yep, the best time to buy used is when the next hot new toy is released.

#4425 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you didn’t get in on the goodwill offer long long ago... that opportunity is long gone. The deeproot offer was like 1-2years ago

Wait, we put on man on the moon?

Never received a reach out. So pissed by what happened I stopped opening threads on the topic to keep my blood pressure stabilized. Crap.

#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

So pissed by what happened I stopped opening threads on the topic to keep my blood pressure stabilized. Crap.

It's like a soap opera, man.

But, real sorry you missed out while it was raining all those Benjamins.

#4427 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But, real sorry you missed out while it was raining all those Benjamins.

To be fair, it started off raining dubious settlement offers from a company no one had heard of. As it turns out deeproot is making good on its promise to cash people out if it couldn't make the games in time, but I wouldn't necessarily have bet on that back in the day when the offers went out.

#4428 4 years ago

Yeah, I was pretty sure Sledge Hammer! would have been done long before that due date.

As far as payouts, as long as the money was coming from other investors and not pinsiders, I had total faith.

#4429 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Lol?

If you're, well... not trolling, I feel for you man.

#4430 4 years ago

Why has everything always gotta be about trolling around here when you disagree or don't believe someone.

#4431 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If you're not trolling, I feel for you man.

Quoted from o-din:

Why has everything always gotta be about trolling around here when you disagree or don't believe someone.

Ironically, when Nadine is fishing by drawing baited lines through the water (either behind a moving boat or by slowly winding the line in when fishing from shore) he doesn't call it trolling.

#4432 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

It's not so hard to sent a PM to Robert or an email. Get a direct answer.

#4433 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Ironically, when Nadine is fishing by drawing baited lines through the water (either behind a moving boat or by slowly winding the line in when fishing from shore) he doesn't call it trolling.

Of course I troll/ pull a joke, when I can not resist.
But that's usually not the case (I think).

I just can't believe that someone after all this months didn't hear the ongoing "deadline for claims is by".

Then again that said I'm the perfect person to mess something like this up myself.

#4434 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I just can't believe that someone after all this months didn't hear the ongoing "deadline for claims is by".

Even I haven't been glued to this thread as much as you have.

#4435 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Even I haven't been glued to this thread as much as you have.

Ah, ok so statements like this (neiteher constructive or funny, just accusing) are better then "trolling", even after the person you talk to is backpedalling.
I'll remember that! (And by the way, that argument is invalid, since you were on hiatus. )

But to the issue it self:
Yes, it is not far fetched to believe that someone who has a horse in this race (meaning: lost a lot of money) would keep an eye out for his options;
wich is not only here but with deeproot itself, the other claimants, Newssites like TWIP etc.

I mean thaere are lot's of people here that have nothing to do with this whole affair and still loudly say here what they'd do all the time.
And *drummroll*, that's not me. I'm just intrigued what comes out of the whole deeproot endeavour.

Edit:
And just to be sure you get it I repeat myself in other, simpler, words!
I can't believe it! I hope he is shitting us. - But if not: Oh my gosh, that's sad!
But as allready said: Just ask. You can't get more then a "no".

#4436 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If you're, well... not trolling, I feel for you man.

I'm not smart enough to troll. A friend texted my cell and told me he read on this thread refunds were offered. He's a moderator and didn't know either.

Quoted from Fulltilt:

It's not so hard to sent a PM to Robert or an email. Get a direct answer.

Who's Robert? I'm not reading anything on this stuff. Please appreciate, after Predator and BHZA I walked away from these threads. Too many emotions on getting burned so bad. Sometimes, better not to read then focus on all the negative. In this case, looks like I missed out.

#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Who's Robert? I'm not reading anything on this stuff. Please appreciate

Skim this thread and PM to DeepRoot. That’ll go to Robert and likely get you an answer to to your question.

#4438 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

In this case, looks like I missed out.

Correct. Since you did not read the whole thread, you missed out on a free machine.

#4439 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm not smart enough to troll.

Didn't mean to offend you...

Quoted from badbilly27:

A friend texted my cell and told me he read on this thread refunds were offered. He's a moderator and didn't know either. Who's Robert? I'm not reading anything on this stuff. Please appreciate, after Predator and BHZA I walked away from these threads. Too many emotions on getting burned so bad. Sometimes, better not to read then focus on all the negative. In this case, looks like I missed out.

I can totally unterstand that.

Ok. Problem ist that you'r friend ist a bit late since there was a deadline to file your claim (or ewhatever this is called in english) wich ended recently, so now people are getting their money back.

To put this easy and since you really need the info:
"Robert" is the boss of Deeproot. Deeproot hired JPop. Deeproot got some shit for that. Deeproot offerd to make peole whole again, so they can finally get their (a) game or a refund if the retraict from dragging JPop to court. Games were not ready in time, so some people opted to get their (some, not the same amount of) money. There was a deadline you've missed for that. That's why I "wondered".

"By June 28th, we will provide Zidware claimants who i) filed and perfected a claim ii) within the prescribed time, and iii) signed/returned the Goodwill Agreements a choice between extending the delivery date or receiving monetary benefits as outlined in each’s agreement. All other claimants' claims or vendors' claims will thereinafter be rejected. That is the finale and extent of our self-imposed, voluntary goodwill to deal with the Zidware situation."

Fulltilt is one the guys who took no money yet but wants to see what Deeproot is about to release.

So as he said just private message deeproot !

As I understand it Robert is a lawyer so a deadline is a deadline. Then again, despite getting all kinds of shit all over this thread he is not ill willed.
So try your luck!

I'm sincerely (deep)rooting for you!

Edit:
See, me no troll!

#4440 4 years ago

I would reach out to them anyways, you never know they might still honor your deposit and give you something back.

#4441 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm not smart enough to troll. A friend texted my cell and told me he read on this thread refunds were offered. He's a moderator and didn't know either.

You are getting half information and getting crossed most likely.

What has happened recently is some zidware customers that had entered into an agreement with Deeproot back when deeproot went public have recently gotten payouts from Deeproot as they opt'd to not wait any longer for the deeproot products they were going to get as part of the arrangement.

Basically deeproot offered zidware customers the opportunity to get credit towards future deeproot games based on the amount they had in with zidware) if they agreed to settle their claims against zidware. Those deeproot games were to be made available to the claimants by a fixed date, or deeproot would offer the claimants a cash settlement if deeproot failed to deliver.

That promised date passed this summer. Deeproot offered people the opportunity to wait longer, or cash out now. Several people have taken the cash out route.. and have gotten their checks.

There are no 'new refunds' going on... this is people exercising their options from the agreement they entered in with deeproot a long ways back.

#4442 4 years ago

badbilly27 Just ignore him (he's allways that positive) and ask, there's nothing to loose.

#4443 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Just another way for you to contact Deeproot and get a direct and correct answer to your question.
http://deeproottech.com/
Scroll down to the contact information at the bottom.
The initial claims process was in Jan-Feb of '18 so the window is indeed closed. That doesn't mean you can't explain your case and rationale for making a claim now.

#4444 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

badbilly27 Just ignore him (he's allways that positive) and ask, there's nothing to loose.

That made me lol.

#4445 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

http://deeprootpinball.com/

I'm sorry but the June 28th deadline says you will get the buzzer for any current claim.

#4446 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Never received a reach out.

Robert offered a reach-around with his “5 Days of Deeproot” promise. Doesn’t that count?

#4447 4 years ago

“Several RAZA prototypes to play at the Houston Expo” in November.

5781336C-B60E-4CAD-A104-B3ADF6E8E037 (resized).jpeg5781336C-B60E-4CAD-A104-B3ADF6E8E037 (resized).jpeg

#4448 4 years ago

Which November

#4449 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

“Several prototypes to play at the Houston Expo” in November.
[quoted image]

What’s new?

#4450 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

What’s new?

Nothing I know of. “Several” prototypes in 2 months and no leads as to what?

Pinball is held tighter than news leaks from the White House.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.