• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 669.
#4351 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I personally see it as goodwill on their part as it would be easier to avoid any previous designs.

Srsly, I'd bet money they do both. In a way the allready did and have to.
JPops "Designs" are not working, so they have to be mostly re-done anyway.
We've allready seen a lot of new assets for Raza and I am not too sure they keep the playfield artwork from Magic Girl, more keeping the design of the character (blue haired girl) and that's it.

We'll see...

#4352 4 years ago

I thought about taking the cash, but what I signed up for was a pinball machine. That's what I'm wanting to receive.

#4353 4 years ago

Gotta admit, I thought you guys would never get refunded.
I was wrong, and very happy to see that I was.
Great news for those involved!
Hope DR keeps moving in a positive direction.

#4354 4 years ago

Makes sense if you think about it. It would be political suicide to launch a machine with this monkey on your back. I'd venture a guess DR will be announcing games very shortly because the monkey no longer exists. Being on AIW!

#4355 4 years ago

My friend also received his full refund today... pretty amazing!

#4356 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Really? So you’re saying if I license technology from a company that has not honored its debts to other customers, I assume legal liability for those debts?
I interpreted the settlements with Zidware customers as a PR move to cover deeproot hiring JPop and using some of his old designs without immediately alienating 3/4 of the customer base. But I’m not following your legal argument.

He bailed jpop out by making takers agree to absolve jpop and zidware of their claims.

How do you get jpop to work for you and behave how you want? You bail him out. The agreement frees up the zidware assets to be freed up to be used (transfered, etc) without future concerns,

#4357 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He bailed jpop out by making takers agree to absolve jpop and zidware of their claims.
How do you get jpop to work for you and behave how you want? You bail him out. The agreement frees up the zidware assets to be freed up to be used (transfered, etc) without future concerns,

And the question certainly remains... “why???”

#4358 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I thought about taking the cash, but what I signed up for was a pinball machine. That's what I'm wanting to receive.

Why not use the money from the refund to buy a machine that you can get your hands on now?

People who see the refunds as validating deep roots ability to make games, well, I disagree. Refunds simply are a transfer. A transfer to Jpop’s investors (zidware game buyers) from deeproots wealth management investors. Just another dollar owed from a big pile of dollars owed.

I’m sure people will be bitching in a wealth management forum years from now about DP was pinball doodling instead of getting 6% or better in a stock market index fund.

#4359 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Why not use the money from the refund to buy a machine that you can get your hands on now?
People who see the refunds as validating deep roots ability to make games, well, I disagree. Refunds simply are a transfer. A transfer to Jpop’s investors (zidware game buyers) from deeproots wealth management investors. Just another dollar owed from a big pile of dollars owed.
I’m sure people will be bitching in a wealth management forum years from now about DP was pinball doodling instead of getting 6% or better in a stock market index fund.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4360 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

My friend also received his full refund today... pretty amazing!

It is very cool and nice to see. I wonder what the breakdown is between those who took cash and those who opted to wait for a machine. My gut tells me most would have taken the machine but it's likely we'll never know.

Well done, Deeproot.

#4361 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think it makes a huge difference. How many other manufacturers could offer such a payment before their first production? To me, this shows they are very far from insolvent, which means we're very likely to see at least one title, possibly more.

I don't think it shows this at all. It likely means they're solvent currently, but start ups with no revenue flow established rarely have a gigantic pot of gold that will last them for years. They rely on a continuous flow of fund raising and loans.

With the kind of overheads, payroll burden and investments that Robert has talked about, it almost certainly means that financing is an ongoing job, and a very important one at that.

They could well be on the cusp of incredible things in pinball and / or gaming (or not). But that doesn't mean the whole thing won't end if the taps get turned off. That's why the length and scale of delays is potentially so bad. They look like they're going to be launching on the cusp of a major slowdown, if not outright recession. Aside from constrained demand, investors will be tightening their belts, and banks looking very carefully at their loan books. Timing, both in the market and the economic cycle are frequently make or break for many businesses.

Don't think that because they can afford this goodwill gesture it'll all be rosy. Though hopefully it will be.

#4362 4 years ago

Nice some folks got cash, but yep - still skeptical about the whole thing succeeding and games getting produced on the level of a prime pinball manufacturer.

Nothing to get excited about until a full factory line is active and churning out games.

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And the question certainly remains... “why???”

Robert clearly thinks JPOP is some mastermind that just needs the right environment to produce... so he built that.

#4364 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Robert clearly thinks JPOP is some mastermind that just needs the right environment to produce... so he built that.

speechless.

#4365 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I’m glad they did. Help or not, I love Jpops games.

#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I’m glad they did. Help or not, I love Jpops games.

Everything seems to want to revolve around Jpop.
There are other people on the team, unless I missed the exit announcements.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4367 4 years ago

Much more interested in what Nordman comes up with.

Better designer

#4368 4 years ago

Praise to Deeproot for giving people their money back!,
Still Jpop would worry me as an employee, but hey .. people can change.
He makes fun games/themes.

Hope they will make great pins!
Would be good for pinball in general.

Wish they had some pics of their production lines and factory, or some more teasers.

#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Better designer

Exactly.

#4370 4 years ago

JPOP works okay at best with a team and management, but perhaps the pressure to fulfill his deal with Robert will set him straight knowing if he screws up this time, there's no more bailouts.

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Wish they had some pics of their production lines and factory, or some more teasers.

Whatever they show us, unless the games are built, playable on the show floor and ready for purchase, they can only loose when they post ANYTHING here. They allready teased much more with Raza as they said they'd do, wich may be an allowed exception, since Raza is a known title to be in their start lineup.

I still hope there will be a lineup of more then one game when they reveal the title.
But if not I'd bet my arse by now they'll have Raza ready for sale when they manage to reveal it in November.
I am not aware of their financial planning whatsoever but in general it makes more economic sense to roll out one game and generate income, then none (because you want to wait for the other 4 games you have planned for reveal). Also it'd be easier to get the line started.

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

Who is the blurred out one in the back?

#4373 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Who is the blurred out one in the back?

It’s not a person. It’s part of the playfield. Check the right side of the picture, other PF’s blurred out too.

#4374 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

It’s not a person. It’s part of the playfield. Check the right side of the picture, other PF’s blurred out too.

Did see that before, but your right, looks like 2 standard pf blurred side by side, and a widebody Whitewood with maybe a large area cut out toward lower pf?

#4375 4 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Better designer

Exactly. They are not even in the same league. They will need people like Dennis to finish off Jpop's non functional cardboard mock-ups and make them actual playing machines; otherwise they will be working on fifteen games at the same time and releasing none.

#4376 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

The discussion was on 'why bother with the zidware liabilities and jpop'.

All the people deeproot brought in besides jpop... were not tied into the zidware mess... so they aren't really relevant to the discussion.

Robert wanted to extra some value from the zidware/jpop stinkpile... reasons he's sold everyone on 'good will'... which is lawyer speak for 'pre-emptive strike'

#4377 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The discussion was on 'why bother with the zidware liabilities and jpop'.
All the people deeproot brought in besides jpop... were not tied into the zidware mess... so they aren't really relevant to the discussion.
Robert wanted to extra some value from the zidware/jpop stinkpile... reasons he's sold everyone on 'good will'... which is lawyer speak for 'pre-emptive strike'

Definetly would have taken the cash!!

#4378 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All the people deeproot brought in besides jpop... were not tied into the zidware mess... so they aren't really relevant to the discussion,

Last I looked this was a DeepRoot discussion thread. Not a Zidware solvency/resolution thread.

#4379 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Whatever they show us, unless the games are built, playable on the show floor and ready for purchase, they can only loose when they post ANYTHING here. They allready teased much more with Raza as they said they'd do, wich may be an allowed exception, since Raza is a known title to be in their start lineup.
I still hope there will be a lineup of more then one game when they reveal the title.
But if not I'd bet my arse by now they'll have Raza ready for sale when they manage to reveal it in November.
I am not aware of their financial planning whatsoever but in general it makes more economic sense to roll out one game and generate income, then none (because you want to wait for the other 4 games you have planned for reveal). Also it'd be easier to get the line started.

I know, just hoping someone sneaks in there and takes pictures of the production line
But boy the whole situation of them paying the people they prommissed is certanly looking good.

#4380 4 years ago

Seems like this last batch of releases has made used game pricing relax a bit. If Deeproot comes online used games might come into a realistic range again. For that reason alone I look forward to what they bring and hope they are successful. I am not a NIB purchaser for financial reasons but even used games are a stretch these days.

#4381 4 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Better designer

Barry Oursler...

#4382 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Last I looked this was a DeepRoot discussion thread. Not a Zidware solvency/resolution thread.

Doesnt Jpop work for DR? Didn't DR make a deal with former zidware customers? Seems like a good place to discuss.

#4383 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Doesnt Jpop work for DR? Didn't DR make a deal with former zidware customers? Seems like a good place to discuss.

Totally agree. But to suggest the other members are irrelevant to the discussion is missing the forest for the trees.

#4384 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Quoted from Fulltilt:

Totally agree. But to suggest the other members are irrelevant to the discussion is missing the forest for the trees.

The problem is that the only deeproot news at the moment is JPop bailout refunds. When deeproot starts actual production on games by other designers, they'll start getting discussed as well.

#4385 4 years ago

I gotta say compared to Tesla, Deeproot is looking like quite the investment opportunity right now. Must be getting time to liquidate all that gold.

#4386 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

What's your point?

You inserted yourself in a threaded discussion on a matter without respect for the context or the discussion going on.. and now want to play topic police?

Get off your high horse... hate to break it to you, but JPOP is part of the deeproot story.. as is zidware as deeproot are looking to use material that was sourced from zidware. So yes, 'why did deeproot engage zidware customers' is part of the story and its all relevant to a deeproot conversation.

You should do more work before any 'last checks' it seems.

#4387 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Relevant to deeproot - yes

Relevant to the chain of posts you inserted yourself into ignoring the rest of the posts? No

You can't cherry pick posts in isolation. Well.. you can.. and look stupid.

#4388 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well.. you can.. and look stupid.

Ok, thanks. I’ve been called worse.
I don’t cherry pic. I’ve been in it from day 1.

#4389 4 years ago

I just watched a 10 minute video of magic girl. 10 minutes of just nothing exciting, no multi balls (none), crappy "repetitive" audio sounds like a 70's clown sound of a straw with water in it being blown across and lazer sounds. It's like almost everything on the pf is bash toy.
It's really the first time I've ever really looked at/into this machine. This is kind of a crappy game honestly. I sure as hell hope they're planning on redoing this machine or the value better be ~ that $5000 mark. Seriously I think Cosmic Carnival is better than this. I've always enjoyed JPOP titles but this is a real Cleveland steamer. A good looking Cleveland steamer but a steamer none the less.

#4390 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I just watched a 10 minute video of magic girl. 10 minutes of just nothing exciting, no multi balls (none), crappy "repetitive" audio sounds like a 70's clown sound of a straw with water in it being blown across and lazer sounds. It's like almost everything on the pf is bash toy.
It's really the first time I've ever really looked at/into this machine. This is kind of a crappy game honestly. I sure as hell hope they're planning on redoing this machine or the value better be ~ that $5000 mark. Seriously I think Cosmic Carnival is better than this. I've always enjoyed JPOP titles but this is a real Cleveland steamer. A good looking Cleveland steamer but a steamer none the less.

Don't you think that the game being incomplete, as in, not even close to done, has a bearing on it being good or bad?

#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Don't you think that the game being incomplete, as in, not even close to done, has a bearing on it being good or bad?

Not only is it incomplete, its got shots to no where and shots that cant be made. American Pinball dumped jpoop quick, why DR stuck with him, remains to be seen.

#4392 4 years ago

got my check on saturday, deposited it today. hats off to deeproot for holding up to their contract. i hope their games are awesome and do well. if they are good i will get one.

#4393 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Certainly can't help the cause that's for sure. But it still looks pretty uninspiring to me. I certainly hope AIW is better than that - that's the one I'm hoping for.

#4394 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I just watched a 10 minute video of magic girl.

Link?

#4395 4 years ago
Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Art, Lights, Music and Callouts are amazing.

The actual game is just non-existent and broken.

JPop is a great art director. Not so much a game designer and by no way in hell a businessman.

#4398 4 years ago

When is the 1st of 5 days of deeproot now?

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

#4400 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

On the first day, Deeproot created hype and it was good.

On the second day, they announced they were bringing several old designers out of retirement and it was sorta good.

On the third day, they announced they would be bringing more games to market than the rest of the industry and it was real good.

On the fourth day, they announced they would not be outdated like the rest of the industry, and it was not so good.

On the fifth day, they started sending out piles of money and again it was good.

Stay tuned for the next five days...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/88?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.