• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 669.
#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

it is a shame there are so few pinball playing purists here. the majority come across as just art and toy collectors. its as if they are playing an entirely different game, hoping not to get stuck with a forgery.
[quoted image]

Yeah I find it odd that really fun games get slammed because of the poor animations or opinions of poor animations buy some people. I don't know one player who watches the back glass animations while they're playing the game . Maybe these people have eyes in their forehead and can look up and down at the same time I don't know. It's like a race car when people say it doesn't look like a show car. What is the point of the car it's to race down the track or around the track not to win car shows same thing with pinball. They are to be played and have fun not to look at and worry about video animations that do not affect gameplay.

#4052 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Well in the materials used department I will take the 90,s B/W all day long. Better wood, better metals,better plastics and better clearcoat for starters. And since this is a game of physics played with a steel ball I would say materials used matter. A pin made with stronger more durable materials will hold up better than one with lesser materials. I think the mechs where better with B/W also. I am not one to get distracted by a shiny LCD screen on the back glass. I mainly look down when playing pinball. So advances in the back glass dept mean much less to me than what is on the PF. IMO the standard for the back glass area has gone up as the standard for the PF area has gone down. Which area of the pin is more important? I have my opinion and I respect the opinions of others. Guess it just comes down to what each person is looking to get out of their pin.

I literally always agree with you and this time is no different. I think comparing a JJP to an old BW is almost disgraceful. Look at 30 year old machines and how long they've lasted and now look at the new machines. I'm not speaking of fun factor, I'm talking about reliability and longevity. It's a embarrassment that these companies are putting out products that are shelling out and literally from POOR design/quality and then stick the customers for replacing their screw ups. We need a system like the vehicle recall system. These manufacturers need to be held liable for their screw ups. It's bad enough to have a crap playfield and have to either fix it yourself or pay someone to do it, but it's quite another than you also have to eat the replacement part cost?
Thorin - you call that a fair trade?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#4053 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The minute I laid my hands on my NIB WOZ, it felt like I was touching my old STTNG, heavy, solid with bats that don’t shake the whole cabinet when they flip and the sturdy sound that was distinct of the 90s Superpins.
I think JJP should be the standard of build quality, it’s surely unmatched in modern production.

I agree with the build quality with JJP. Very solid machine.
My first JJP experience was with the initial WOZ release. The company handled the tragic lamp board problem miraculously IMO.
I had little to no other problems. They have proceeded to make beautiful solid machines.

Now back to what the DeepRoot machines will be. This is a Deeproot thread.
I just mailed back my "modified" agreement for 2 DeepRoot machines. Quality is a concern for me... thank you very much.

#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I just mailed back my "modified" agreement for 2 DeepRoot machines.

Do you know what games you'll get ?

I hope they are amazing and please you.

LTG : )

#4055 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

HaHaHaHa.
Most people here never uncrated a NIB Williams pin from their DMD era, or even before or after.
I have.
Why would you want Jersey Jack Pinball, Stern, American Pinball, Spooky Pinball, to lower their standards and match the problems and issues of a by gone era ?

I have uncrated every game since Pinbot. I will say Stern still is the champs at packing a game into a box. I have seen one NIB roll off of a semi truck at a freight terminal. Hit the ground. Roll. Game was still perfect. JJP seem to pack really well too. Spooky could use some work in this area. Multimorphic has improved a lot from the start when I got the first unit until now. Heighway was not good at packing. Dutch was not great either. Funny but I've never unboxed a CGC, you would have to ask one of our techs.

I remember a few issues with 90s games coming out of the box, nothing major. I've probably opened over 100 Williams games. Plus a lot of the populated fields for early ss held up well also.

What is your experience Llyod?

#4056 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do you know what games you'll get ?
I hope they are amazing and please you.

Me too Lloyd.
I don't know how there is any negative. I was offered my money back from Zidware deposits or gamble on another potential game manufacturer.
It's my choice. Heck, I'm the gambling type it seems.
I don't think we will know until the titles are released by DR or someone leaks out reliable information.

#4057 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Unboxing Gottlieb, early solid state Stern, Bally, Williams. I've probably opened in excess of 150 pinball machines. The Williams DMD era it seemed each pin had a few days tweaking to get things right and working. Occasionally missing parts, etc. Usually minor inconvenience, only a couple dead in the water. Not counting a prototype Jackbot that probably got used for test, crated and shipped, more likely a mix up at the factory.

I don't have experience with Stern SPIKE games. Stern Whitestar and SAM games had the 90's Williams beat on out of the box quality. No experience on Multimorphic, Spooky, American Pinball, Heighway or Dutch.

For me Jersey Jack Pinball and PPS/CGC games out of the box has been excellent. Since I usually get early JJP games, a few had updates. Hobbit ball trap guard for in front of pop up characters, Pirates a change on Black Pearl pivot brackets. Bear in mind I work for both companies, so take what I post with a grain of salt.

#4058 4 years ago

we don't measure dicks here on pinside its all about how many Nibs you have unboxed......

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unboxing Gottlieb, early solid state Stern, Bally, Williams. I've probably opened in excess of 150 pinball machines. The Williams DMD era it seemed each pin had a few days tweaking to get things right and working. Occasionally missing parts, etc. Usually minor inconvenience, only a couple dead in the water. Not counting a prototype Jackbot that probably got used for test, crated and shipped, more likely a mix up at the factory.
I don't have experience with Stern SPIKE games. Stern Whitestar and SAM games had the 90's Williams beat on out of the box quality. No experience on Multimorphic, Spooky, American Pinball, Heighway or Dutch.
For me Jersey Jack Pinball and PPS/CGC games out of the box has been excellent. Since I usually get early JJP games, a few had updates. Hobbit ball trap guard for in front of pop up characters, Pirates a change on Black Pearl pivot brackets. Bear in mind I work for both companies, so take what I post with a grain of salt.

Very cool Llyod. Thanks for sharing. Part of my job as a kid was to play them after I unboxed them, I never had much issues with things working and never had one that was missing parts. Very neat to here your perspective. I remember hearing that betson once had a junkyard missing parts but that was never our experience. I do remember thinking it was such a big deal to unbox these games. Now I could care less about it but my kids are always so excited. There circle is complete, my dad would laugh about me being so excited and say "it's not a fun thing, were in the business of bringing fun. The fun comes after it's paid" lol.

#4060 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

My first JJP experience was with the initial WOZ release. The company handled the tragic lamp board problem miraculously IMO.

JJP charged everyone $799 and told them to complete a very complicated upgrade operation on their brand new machines. The only thing "miraculous" was that it didn't result in a class action lawsuit.

#4061 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I have uncrated every game since Pinbot. I will say Stern still is the champs at packing a game into a box. I have seen one NIB roll off of a semi truck at a freight terminal. Hit the ground. Roll. Game was still perfect. JJP seem to pack really well too. Spooky could use some work in this area. Multimorphic has improved a lot from the start when I got the first unit until now. Heighway was not good at packing. Dutch was not great either. Funny but I've never unboxed a CGC, you would have to ask one of our techs.
I remember a few issues with 90s games coming out of the box, nothing major. I've probably opened over 100 Williams games. Plus a lot of the populated fields for early ss held up well also.

AP’s packing has them all beat. Take off the top, game slides out on 2 skids with handles so you can pull everything by hand. Ridiculously simple. Stand on end, cut 2 heavy duty ties, legs, power, balls, you’re playing a game.

#4062 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

JJP charged everyone $799 and told them to complete a very complicated upgrade operation on their brand new machines. The only thing "miraculous" was that it didn't result in a class action lawsuit.

When I was having the board problems, I received 2-3 replacements and then never had issues before the machine was finally sold. The customer service I received was always prompt and direct.
I agree that having to purchase a $799 "fix" would not be considered miraculous.

#4063 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

When I was having the board problems, I received 2-3 replacements and then never had issues before the machine was finally sold. The customer service I received was always prompt and direct.
I agree that having to purchase a $799 "fix" would not be considered miraculous.

I've purchased thousands of flawed simple products. I've purchased hundreds of complex flawed products because nothing is perfect. (Grrrrr Apple and their "Apple care"). Only cars offer 'recall fixes' because they're forced to do it. I'm extremely appreciative of JJP's behavior on this issue. They didn't have to do anything. The components they purchased were defective. If they were a bigger company with more clout, the component manufacturer would have been liable. Anyway, they didn't have to offer the kit at all. They didn't have to offer it 'at cost'. I can think of few companies that have behaved better by me. I hope they make new games for the next 25 years. JJP are a beacon of light in this hobby.

#4065 4 years ago

prev (resized).jpgprev (resized).jpg

#4066 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Stay out of it Ben. I consider your comment to be providing legal advice without a license.
—Robert

You are supposedly an attorney? This is complete nonsense. Unless I am missing the sarcasm?

#4067 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You are supposedly an attorney? This is complete nonsense. Unless I am missing the sarcasm?

No, I believe he actually meant it. If it would have been you or I, I would think he was joking, but since Ben has a history with Jpoop, it was a real threat.

#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No, I believe he actually meant it. If it would have been you or I, I would think he was joking, but since Ben has a history with Jpoop, it was a real threat.

And apparently it worked. I haven’t seen Ben posting too much around these parts recently. Too bad

#4069 4 years ago

Is this a deeproot thread? I feel like I'm in the wrong place.

#4070 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is this a deeproot thread? I feel like I'm in the wrong place.

We're just filling the awkward dead-air time...

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

After rowing back the historic launches, a new line of hyperbole needed to be established.

#4072 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Stay out of it Ben. I consider your comment to be providing legal advice without a license.
—Robert

Stay out of it Robert. I consider your comments to be providing shitty human behavior without a license!

#4073 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Stay out of it Robert. I consider your comments to be providing shitty human behavior without a license!

Robert obviously is clueless on the PR front Billy. I agree, he should keep his mouth shut

Yes he had his IP lawyer, my old friend’s firm, call me a few yrs ago to tamp down the online rhetoric

I don’t take it personal and could care less

What they did was offer a lifeline to all the Jpop survivors

I and many others will be made whole

The litigators will NOT. EVER. Thx to a stupid strategy they took

I have chosen to roll my measly $4500 into a game instead of taking the cash

So I don’t care if he’s a dick or not. It’s not personal

#4074 4 years ago

The secret litigation group have NOTHING except wasted legal fees as I advised yrs ago

I feel bad for Bruce Z because he’s a lawyer and at least gave it a shot

The other nameless dopes that led people down the wrong path should be ashamed of themselves

#4075 4 years ago

I rolled the dice and deiced to wait it out (agreement signed). I'm originally out $4,750, however, Robert & Co. have some cool things on the horizon.
So... I'm in on the the 2nd round.

#4076 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I and many others will be made whole

That is what I hope for. You and the others get great games for your money and for your wait.

#4077 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I rolled the dice and deiced to wait it out (agreement signed). I'm originally out $4,750, however, Robert & Co. have some cool things on the horizon.
So... I'm in on the the 2nd round.

Smart move. And we had a CHOICE didn't we?

#4078 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is what I hope for. You and the others get great games for your money and for your wait.

Well i had written it off a few years ago Lloyd. Thx for the well wishes.

I could have gotten a full refund of my initial $$ paid to Jpop today, like everyone else

That's a pretty damn good deal imho

#4079 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The secret litigation group have NOTHING except wasted legal fees as I advised yrs ago
I feel bad for Bruce Z because he’s a lawyer and at least gave it a shot
The other nameless dopes that led people down the wrong path should be ashamed of themselves

I'm going to reframe this.

The litigation group WON their judgment against John. He's the deadbeat who won't pay, and countersued them. John deserves all the jeers he gets at any pinball show he appears at.

The lawsuit was with Zidware and John, not deeproot. John lost.

My RAZA game order is with Zidware. John spent all of my money and lied to me about the progress until it was too late. I didn't sue him, but he still deserves all the jeers he gets at any pinball show he appears at on behalf of customers like myself who lost their money that was paid to him in good faith.

There's only one person who should be ashamed of themselves. Not the victims.

#4080 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The litigators will NOT. EVER. Thx to a stupid strategy they took

Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from iceman44:

We can take care of ourselves. Not sure what business it is of yours nor your obsession over other people's dealings.

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm going to reframe this.
The litigation group WON their judgment against John. He's the deadbeat who won't pay, and countersued them. John deserves all the jeers he gets at any pinball show he appears at.
The lawsuit was with Zidware and John, not deeproot. John lost.
My RAZA game order is with Zidware. John spent all of my money and lied to me about the progress until it was too late. I didn't sue him, but he still deserves all the jeers he gets at any pinball show he appears at on behalf of customers like myself who lost their money that was paid to him in good faith.
There's only one person who should be ashamed of themselves. Not the victims.

Have to disagree with you Frolic

The point is Deeproot gave Jpop people a lifeline

If you didn’t take it you have NOtHING

If people were butthurt because they hired John then so be it. At least they tried to make us whole

You can still hate John and get paid back at the same time

#4082 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The best revenge is living well...

#4083 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I could have gotten a full refund of my initial $$ paid to Jpop today

Quoted from iceman44:

I know you're waiting on deeproot to make games, but have you heard reports of anyone that took the cash back option receiving their refunds? Assuming that's happened, what an incredible outcome for them. Meanwhile you're still coming off as a dick to the people that decided to sue JPop, when you should probably be thanking them. Think deeproot would have made the offer it did if it wasn't trying to bail that deadbeat out of the legal mess he made for himself?

#4084 4 years ago

All anyone has gotten so far lies somewhere between Jack and Squat.

From reports there’s not that many zidware customers getting anything from Deeproot. If the offer was meant to rehabilitate John’s reputation some way it will be about as successful as John rehabbing his reputation from shipping magic girl.

Just my opinion.

#4085 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I know you're waiting on deeproot to make games, but have you heard reports of anyone that took the cash back option receiving their refunds? Assuming that's happened, what an incredible outcome for them. Meanwhile you're still coming off as a dick to the people that decided to sue JPop, when you should probably be thanking them. Think deeproot would have made the offer it did if it wasn't trying to bail that deadbeat out of the legal mess he made for himself?

Well, this has been YEARS in the making and the raft of shit that i and others have taken over Jpop spills over the edges every now and then. It's the longest running and most toxic drama arguably in pinball history. A lot of shit has been said and slung over the years.

It's rooted in personal past discussions and many prior comments directed my way and the "dickish" comment was aimed at really just one person, based on that entire history and body of dialogue!

I am EXCITED and HAPPY for everybody that will get restitution.

As for receiving actual funds, the form that everybody received gave us the option on how to receive it if we chose that option, bank wire, check etc...

Elections have to be in by the end of the month i think.

#4086 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

From reports there’s not that many zidware customers getting anything from Deeproot. If the offer was meant to rehabilitate John’s reputation some way it will be about as successful as John rehabbing his reputation from shipping magic girl.

What do you mean there "aren't that many zidware customers getting anything from Deeproot"?

If you had spent money with John you are getting back in the form or cash or a game/games

#4087 4 years ago

Ice, that's not entirely true!

#4088 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What do you mean there "aren't that many zidware customers getting anything from Deeproot

Robert in a this week in pinball interview had mentioned that there hadn’t been that many applications. We know that the lawsuit group is not included and then we also know that people like myself who chose not to sign legal forms when nothing had been shown. And still nothing shown And the offers ended last year.

All I’m suggesting is there’s not enough people included to make a difference. Just like how the 50 people that received Lebowski’s don’t make a difference for the rest that didn’t.

#4089 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We know that the lawsuit group is not included and then we also know that people like myself who chose not to sign legal forms when nothing had been shown. And still nothing shown And the offers ended last year.

Why would you not sign up with nothing to lose?

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ice, that's not entirely true!

Well Billy, your situation is certainly somewhat unique!

At least we will actually see a RAZA game at completion after all this time?

#4090 4 years ago
75ACC86B-914E-4FC7-B55F-19BF0F575532.jpeg75ACC86B-914E-4FC7-B55F-19BF0F575532.jpeg
#4091 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why would you not sign up with nothing to lose?

No doubt! Congrats to those who are getting their money back or future games. And to those who didn't take advantage of this rare opportunity... only one person to blame for that and its not JPop.

#4092 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

and the "dickish" comment was aimed at really just one person

I know you didn't intend to but you just admitted that you're a troll and a Pinside bully. Not a shock to most of us and you're probably the last to find out.

So why don't you man up and take it private rather than play childish games involving all of Pinside.
Screenshot to account for the editing and comment deleting that you're so famous for.
Pinside  Screenshot Troll admission. (resized).pngPinside Screenshot Troll admission. (resized).png

#4093 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I know you didn't intend to but you just admitted that you're a troll and a Pinside bully. Not a shock to most of us and you're probably the last to find out.
So why don't you man up and take it private rather than play childish games involving all of Pinside.
Screenshot to account for the editing and deleting that you're so famous for.
[quoted image]

Glad I am not the only one that sees this crap day in and day out on here.

#4094 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Glad I am not the only one that sees this crap day in and day out on here.

I just used the ignore feature so I don’t have to

#4095 4 years ago

This thread is proof:
History repeats itself!

We have the same discussion every 2 weeks.

#4096 4 years ago

Amidst all the negativity I have a bit of good news. I decided to go check out the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo this year for the first time, in part because I hope there'll be a RAZA prototype there that isn't made out of foam core. I thought about it and was like, what the heck, Let's go. So, I am. Unrelated, but due to a busy October this'll be the first time in ~15 years I haven't attended Pinball Expo, so I also feel like this fills that gap. When I looked into it yesterday I found everything (airfare/lodging) to be surprisingly affordable so why not!

#4097 4 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I decided to go check out the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo

WooooHoooo!! See ya there!

#4098 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I am EXCITED and HAPPY for everybody that will get restitution.

Ice, given your track record/experience of getting f*cked by various pinball schemes, I would think that your excitement would be held in check pending this actually happening.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...just how many times have you been fooled Ice?

#4099 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ice, given your track record/experience of getting f*cked by various pinball schemes, I would think that your excitement would be held in check pending this actually happening.
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...just how many times have you been fooled Ice?

Can't Get Fooled Again (resized).jpgCan't Get Fooled Again (resized).jpg
#4100 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He's a lawyer, he's gotta advise his clients of the best possible outcome for his clients. In terms of pinball, he is the client!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.