• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 669.
#4001 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Why not just use your option to drain it instead of wasting the energy being indignant?

The problem with draining it, is when there is legitimate information posted the thread will not be shown. I click every time this thread is on fire thinking there might be new information about games, but I should know better. I understand there will probably many more threads started when real information is released, but I still feel like I might miss it if I drain this thread.

#4002 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Congratulations !!!
You have reached the 4000th Post in this thread !!

10K by Christmas!

#4003 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Congratulations !!!
You have reached the 4000th Post in this thread !!

As a reminder, this is how it all started as per the thread URL: twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution

Discuss...

#4004 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

The problem with draining it, is when there is legitimate information posted the thread will not be shown. I click every time this thread is on fire thinking there might be new information about games, but I should know better. I understand there will probably many more threads started when real information is released, but I still feel like I might miss it if I drain this thread.

FOMO is real

#4005 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Yes. Once a thread is on fire, it's like cleavage. You just cant look away. But You do realize that there's an option to IGNORE anybody you find annoying or distasteful, right??? Hit ignore and presto, their posts vanish!!

Besides, I wasn't talking about draining a thread that you may have an interest in. I'm talking about these pussies that cant take the so called "negativity" and instead of just being an adult and ignoring the thread or draining it, they plead for it to be closed.
Robin has conveniently provided alternatives for any of us who dont wish to see any of the "d-baggery" that keeps some of you Pinsiders up at night.
Honestly though, who are we kidding?? NOBODY is using those options because deep down we all like it a little dirty now and then.

#4006 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Someone should get these guys a cape or a mask so they can look like the superheroes they are.

That's it! The next superhero pin will be the Pinside Avenger. We've finally identified the mysterious mid-summer release!

#4007 4 years ago

Apparently it is. It's also the same reason my son comes down after we put him to bed every night. Must be genetic.

Quoted from Honch:

Yes. Once a thread is on fire, it's like cleavage. You just cant look away. But You do realize that there's an option to IGNORE anybody you find annoying or distasteful, right??? Hit ignore and presto, their posts vanish!!
Besides, I wasn't talking about draining a thread that you may have an interest in. I'm talking about these pussies that cant take the so called "negativity" and instead of just being an adult and ignoring the thread or draining it, they plead for it to be closed.
Robin has conveniently provided alternatives for any of us who dont wish to see any of the "d-baggery" that keeps some of you Pinsiders up at night.
Honestly though, who are we kidding?? NOBODY is using those options because deep down we all like it a little dirty now and then.

I certainly don't think it should be closed as 2 more will pop up in its place. It just gets time consuming to sift through all the non-informative posts to find out there isn't any new information. Also I have no reason to ignore anyone and I don't think that would help weed out the posts with no new information. I'm really not that worried about it. I typically just look for the number of thumbs to get to the good stuff.

#4008 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That's it! The next superhero pin will be the Pinside Avenger. We've finally identified the mysterious mid-summer release!

It would make a great pin. Especially if youd get extra points whenever your ball drains.

#4009 4 years ago

You can safely drain this thread and have zero FOMO because there will be 17 new threads if and when Deeproot actually does anything.

#4010 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You can safely drain this thread and have zero FOMO because there will be 17 new threads if and when Deeproot actually does anything.

Yeah it won't be too tough to figure out something is going on.

I can't wait for the announcement that they've plugged the "Countdown to Awesomeness Clock" in the break room back in. That'll be a big day for sure!

#4011 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I used the option to mute a small handfull of people and my experience on pinside has massively improved since then.

Funny thing is I still always know who that muted posting belongs to, because of the reaction of others that follow.

#4012 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You really just can't help yourself can you?
How about this one: a rolling stone gathers no moss.

I think the most apt one here, is

"Don't shit where you eat"

#4013 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can't wait for the announcement that they've plugged the "Countdown to Awesomeness Clock" in the break room back in.

Gee. At my company we only have a "__ days since lost time accident" clock.

#4014 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I used the option to mute a small handfull of people and my experience on pinside has massively improved since then.

I work with certain others to mute me and when I check to see if they have, I find that incredibly satisfying.

#4015 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Do not shit where you play pinball. You might end up in Deepshit.. I mean Deeproot.

IBTL!

#4016 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can't wait for the announcement that they've plugged the "Countdown to Awesomeness Clock" in the break room back in.

I heard they now have a Countdown to when the Countdown Clock will be plugged in....

#4017 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Has anyone requested a refund and actually gotten one?

Good question.

#4018 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

10K by Christmas!

They meant most pinside posts produced this year, not pinball machines...

#4019 4 years ago

the other day some of you were trying to tell the deeproot story through the use of proverbs. is that even possible?

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Learn to walk before you run.

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

Don’t bite off more than you can chew.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

A leopard doesn’t change its spots.

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

The show must go on.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Better late than never.

Every dog has his day.

Good things come to those who wait.

It’s not over till it’s over.

You can’t win them all.

Get out while the getting is good.

Half a loaf is better than none.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
proverbs02 (resized).jpgproverbs02 (resized).jpg

#4020 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

10K by Christmas!

Just for the hell of it, I'm thinking of doing a run of t-shirts with "10K by Christmas" on the back.

#4021 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Just for the hell of it, I'm thinking of doing a run of t-shirts with "10K by Christmas" on the back.

id buy one

#4022 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

It could be labelled under a playfield insert/target...
"10,000 by Xmas when lit"

#4023 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I'm thinking of doing a run of t-shirts with "10K by Christmas" on the back.

10Kchristmas (resized).jpg10Kchristmas (resized).jpg
#4024 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the other day some of you were trying to tell the deeproot story through the use of proverbs. is that even possible?

Not unless you want to be accused of practicing law without a license.

#4025 4 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

This entire thread is nothing short of a dumpster fire

Some dumpster fires could be considered controlled or contained.

#4026 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I guess I’m not a REAL pinball fan then...LOL! I’m just done with the whole situation. Good luck to you and all the other real pinball fans. Hope it all works out in the end and you get your two shiny new pinball machines.

Ok, maybe fan was wrong. Supporter of new pinball manufacturers.
At this point the money I lost to Jpop really doesn't matter. I'll never get that back from him.
I'd love to see DR succeed and put out "shiny new pinball machines" for all those pinball fans.
After all the hyperbole, if there are not machines produced the DR team is going to look more like a ship of fools. I hope that is not the case and I would hope other folks would not as well.

#4027 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Has anyone requested a refund and actually gotten one?

If I remember, I don't believe that has been an option until just now after the end of June deadline.

#4028 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Besides rapid prototyping, why are we bothering with inhouse PCB fab, etc? That stuff is commoditized... It reeks of Heighway again where they think they can do it better/cheaper by doing it themselves... (instead of letting 'experts' excel at their trade).

Vertical integration is a thing and it brings with it many advantages. The lightboards in a pinball machine are incredibly simple, so they don't need the highest end stuff to support it.

#4029 4 years ago

Be honest, how many people knew what FOMO was, until Levi said it. Not me!

#4030 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It’s been the center of the LE buying frenzy since Metallica...

#4031 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s been the center of the LE buying frenzy since Metallica...

Oh, good to know lol. I have a Met LE, and fortunately my buddy knew 3 months prior to the announcement it was coming, even though we had no idea what it would look like... Distro wanted $1000 that early so we were not in a frenzy. I can see how that happens though for sure.

#4032 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I came across the term in the height of the Bitcoin frenzy.

#4033 4 years ago

Fear Of Missing Out, used to describe that feeling of anxiety which many people experience when they discover that other people have had fun together, been successful at something, or done just about anything ...
As opposed to Mo Fo.....

#4034 4 years ago

Sprinkle of positivity. Now get off your asses and make me my AIW!

Positivity (resized).jpgPositivity (resized).jpg
#4035 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I click every time this thread is on fire thinking there might be new information about games, but I should know better.

Once a month is more than enough, especially when plopaduece involved.

#4036 4 years ago

If Deeproot could just step up the build quality of current machines that would be a great marketing tool to use against the other manufacturers. It would give DP a good push forward on sales IMO and probably make the other manufactures tighten up their quality issues. One can hope.....

#4037 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

If Deeproot could just step up the build quality of current machines that would be a great marketing tool to use against the other manufacturers. It would give DP a good push forward on sales IMO and probably make the other manufactures tighten up their quality issues. One can hope.....

JJP has pushed Stern a little in this area. Only problem is that Stern will strip toys etc. if they have to up their game elsewhere. It all depends on how much Gary is skimming off the company. In my eyes, considering what I paid for my IMDNLE and what I received, I'd say a lot. It's going to be pretty hard or near impossible for a new company to be as efficient as Stern though, which means they will not be able to pass a lower profit margin on to the customer. I think Gary is riding this bubbly wave to retirement. I think he's smart enough to remember the lean times and to know that this age we're in is an old-man-toy window that ain't gonna last forever. People are buying sight-unseen toys for 9k+, no matter how much they strip out of them.

#4038 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Have you played a JJP ?

#4039 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Have you played a JJP ?

Yes. I think JJP are the most ambitious machines we have. Question is are they being executed to a high level in quality/reliability. I would say sort of and they could be much better in that department. I think manufacturers can achieve 90;s B/W quality/reliability with JJP’s ambition.

#4040 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Have you played a JJP ?

Plenty of them. What am I supposed to be observing?

#4041 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

....I think manufacturers can achieve 90;s B/W quality/reliability.....

I'm waiting for LTG to respond.... (:

#4042 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Learn to walk before you run.
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.
Don’t bite off more than you can chew.
Too many cooks spoil the broth.
A leopard doesn’t change its spots.
You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.
Let sleeping dogs lie.
The show must go on.
Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Better late than never.
Every dog has his day.
Good things come to those who wait.
It’s not over till it’s over.
You can’t win them all.
Get out while the getting is good.
Half a loaf is better than none.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
[quoted image]

"Half a loaf is better than none."

Tell that to Meatloaf. He could lose a few....

#4043 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Me too

#4044 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Quoted from Extraballz:

I think manufacturers can achieve 90;s B/W quality/reliability

HaHaHaHa.

Most people here never uncrated a NIB Williams pin from their DMD era, or even before or after.

I have.

Why would you want Jersey Jack Pinball, Stern, American Pinball, Spooky Pinball, to lower their standards and match the problems and issues of a by gone era ?

LTG : )

#4045 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Plenty of them. What am I supposed to be observing?

Question wasnt for you !

#4047 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

HaHaHaHa.
Most people here never uncrated a NIB Williams pin from their DMD era, or even before or after.
I have.
Why would you want Jersey Jack Pinball, Stern, American Pinball, Spooky Pinball, to lower their standards and match the problems and issues of a by gone era ?
LTG : )

Well in the materials used department I will take the 90,s B/W all day long. Better wood, better metals,better plastics and better clearcoat for starters. And since this is a game of physics played with a steel ball I would say materials used matter. A pin made with stronger more durable materials will hold up better than one with lesser materials. I think the mechs where better with B/W also. I am not one to get distracted by a shiny LCD screen on the back glass. I mainly look down when playing pinball. So advances in the back glass dept mean much less to me than what is on the PF. IMO the standard for the back glass area has gone up as the standard for the PF area has gone down. Which area of the pin is more important? I have my opinion and I respect the opinions of others. Guess it just comes down to what each person is looking to get out of their pin.

#4048 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have uncrated two NIB WMS pins. Still have both and have never had any problem or quality issue with either one.

#4049 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Yes. I think JJP are the most ambitious machines we have. Question is are they being executed to a high level in quality/reliability. I would say sort of and they could be much better in that department. I think manufacturers can achieve 90;s B/W quality/reliability with JJP’s ambition.

The minute I laid my hands on my NIB WOZ, it felt like I was touching my old STTNG, heavy, solid with bats that don’t shake the whole cabinet when they flip and the sturdy sound that was distinct of the 90s Superpins.

I think JJP should be the standard of build quality, it’s surely unmatched in modern production.

#4050 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

the standard for the PF area has gone down.
Which area of the pin is more important?

it is a shame there are so few pinball playing purists here. the majority come across as just art and toy collectors. its as if they are playing an entirely different game, hoping not to get stuck with a forgery.
masterpiece01 (resized).jpgmasterpiece01 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.