• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 669.
#3851 4 years ago

Why are they wasting their time and money with all this bullshit?

Make a goddamn pinball machine already!

What is Brad doing to help make this happen, while we are still middle-aged?

#3852 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Patience. Rest up for pintastic.

#3853 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Patience. Rest up for pintastic.

They're only 30 mins from me, been thinking of dropping in lol

#3854 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I agree 100%...and thus continues the longest pinball jackoff in history...

#3855 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

I agree 100%...and thus continues the longest pinball jackoff in history...

Lmao. No happy ending?

#3856 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

They're only 30 mins from me, been thinking of dropping in lol

Do it. Dress up as a fire marshal and go in for inspection.

#3857 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Do it. Dress up as a fire marshal and go in for inspection.

Gonna ask for a job, them seem to need help lol

#3858 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m digging the art work they keep posting-[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was confused, then I went to their website. Their development and portfolios section says they do:
VFX
Video Games
Pinball
VR
Film
Card / Board Games
TV Development
AR

Makes total sense now.

#3859 4 years ago

I suspect the art is for a built-in screen to provide animated video cut scenes ala Dragon's lair.

#3860 4 years ago

LOOK OVER HERE, ART!

The hard part about manufacturing pinball is not creating art. Jpop created years and years worth of art (or paid others to do so!) No pinball machine was ever held up from shipping because they couldn't get the art done / right.

The reason I am so pessimistic on deeproot is because they're following almost all the same formulas as the other pinball failures.

They all had a carnival barker/salesperson hyping the shit out of people (Jpop, Barry and Jap, Andrew Highway, now Robert)
They all promised the moon, and shit all over everything currently being made
They're doing this whole deal with other people's money (preorders in the case of the above mentioned, some weird fund management thing with Robert)
They spent that money on stuff that isn't core to their business for 'marketing' (dutch pinball's famous parties, and deeproot pinball sponsoring every pinball tournament from here to kingdom come)

The upstarts that have make it to capture a very small part of the market worked lean and kept their mouths mostly shut until they had something to show (Spooky, possibly Suncoast? No idea if Suncoast is viable or if their game is gonna be any good).

Let's be real, in what way is Deeproot going to 'innovate' such that they can create a better pinball machine than Stern can at a cheaper price? Deeproot is still manufacturing in the USA, still hand assembling the games, still paying expensive software developers and game designers and graphic designers. Oh but they're only selling to US customers so their total addressable market is 50% of what Stern's is. I know the last 10 years of delusionally low interest rates has clouded everyone's judgement over what is a viable business and what is not, but how will Deeproot accomplish this 'better game at a lower cost'?

#3861 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

LOOK OVER HERE, ART!
The hard part about manufacturing pinball is not creating art. Jpop created years and years worth of art (or paid others to do so!) No pinball machine was ever held up from shipping because they couldn't get the art done / right.
The reason I am so pessimistic on deeproot is because they're following almost all the same formulas as the other pinball failures.
They all had a carnival barker/salesperson hyping the shit out of people (Jpop, Barry and Jap, Andrew Highway, now Robert)
They're doing this whole deal with other people's money (preorders in the case of the above mentioned, some weird fund management thing with Robert)
They spent that money on stuff that isn't core to their business for 'marketing' (dutch pinball's famous parties, and deeproot pinball sponsoring every pinball tournament from here to kingdom come)
The upstarts that have make it to capture a very small part of the market worked lean and kept their mouths mostly shut until they had something to show (Spooky, possibly Suncoast? No idea if Suncoast is viable or if their game is gonna be any good).
Let's be real, in what way is Deeproot going to 'innovate' such that they can create a better pinball machine than Stern can at a cheaper price? Deeproot is still manufacturing in the USA, still hand assembling the games, still paying expensive software developers and game designers and graphic designers. Oh but they're only selling to US customers so their total addressable market is 50% of what Stern's is. I know the last 10 years of delusionally low interest rates has clouded everyone's judgement over what is a viable business and what is not, but how will Deeproot accomplish this 'better game at a lower cost'?

They are going to sell outside the US, just not day 1.

How they'll manage to manufacture a better game at a lower cost I don't care.
Either they'll do it, wich would be great, or they don't.

#3862 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

LOOK OVER HERE, ART!

Robert Mueller is on record more than once saying they won't do pre orders or deposits, I think that's refreshing! I can totally get why they aren't revealing they're cards, can't say I blame them, STERN has been copycating since 1977! First with Bally, then with Williams system 11, they milked that system all the way to 1997! Frankly they are still using the same philosophy they've had since the 90s ,, license rinse repeat, stern complains about profit margins, all the while raising pin prices every yr , there is always a more productive way to achieve things, let's see what Deeproot has before we dismiss them

#3863 4 years ago

I usually let this thread count get to over 200 more posts than the last time I checked it before rechecking it. I have yet to determine why I do this, as we are now 3863 posts into a thread that has delivered about as much info as deeproot has delivered working pinball machines...

#3864 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I usually let this thread count get to over 200 more posts than the last time I checked it before rechecking it. I have yet to determine why I do this, as we are now 3863 posts into a thread that has delivered about as much info as deeproot has delivered working pinball machines...

That's easy. We're just a bunch of very attractive people! You love us!

#3865 4 years ago

I wish Deep Pockets the best, genuinely. With their multi-format approach, however, I fear the pinball 'division' may be found to be the least profitable and ditched a la Pinball 2000. Personally, I don't think the world needs more screen-based games, but they are easier to make...

#3866 4 years ago

Deep Root = Scientology of pinball

Mystery, money & promises

#3867 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Deep Root = Scientology of pinball
Mystery, money & promises

I am going to go get “audited” and play a game of Monster Bash on my LE while waiting on DR to deliver...

#3868 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Personally, I don't think the world needs more screen-based games, but they are easier to make...

I see what you did there.

#3869 4 years ago

I hope the DR game is close to this Zidware layout.
ad0c73195bb6fbfa4c673f05a080ec9bd256e4fe (resized).jpgad0c73195bb6fbfa4c673f05a080ec9bd256e4fe (resized).jpg06bdbebdbc19e64f0529f0adef5f9ecbdf42be04 (resized).jpg06bdbebdbc19e64f0529f0adef5f9ecbdf42be04 (resized).jpg

#3870 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I kinda think thats ugly as clown puke.

#3871 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I kinda think thats ugly as clown puke.

LED bulbs can be changed. Look beyond that. I believe this is some of Zombie Yeti's artwork.

#3872 4 years ago

That artwork is WAY better than the stuff that looks like it was made for a preteen girls sticker book ... post 3817...

#3873 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I've been in on RAZA since Zidware (unfortunately), and god I hope that isn't still the layout. That game has so many bad ideas in it. Who ever thought that giant dead-end ramp was gonna be fun?

The further the design got away from the original BHZA concept (art, theme, layout, toys, etc.) the worse it got. Hopefully DR and the other quality designers provide enough oversight to help re-do RAZA from the ground up. Like everything jpop was working on post-Williams, it's all shiny things and no substance. Is there any real chance that layout would shoot any better than Magic Girl?

#3874 4 years ago

Back when we had hopes on a game....
I just never figured out how the ball was going to get to the top of the ramp.

#3875 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Back when we had hopes on a game....
I just never figured out how the ball was going to get to the top of the ramp.

Maybe it would just come down the ramp? I see some notes about a magnet lift. It could have been hit some shots, take the elevator, and the ball comes down the ramp completing the "Ride the Cyclone" objective. Or maybe if you hit the ramp going up, it would have diverted somewhere else. Otherwise yeah, there's no way a ball could make it up all the way up that ramp without help along. Or it was just another goal he wanted to do, but never really spent the time to figure out how to do it. Most of the centerpiece in Magic Girl makes no sense either.

#3876 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I followed the link back to their Utah studio page. http://deeprootstudios.com/

but no idea. and they have 31 twitter followers, so dunno who its supposed to be for.

31? WOW!

#3877 4 years ago

RE: ramps my is theory is since John "proved everyone wrong" when the TOTAN curve ramp worked this means any future ramp idea he has also will work, guaranteed!

#3878 4 years ago

I am still very excited for DR's new games.
Sounds like DR will be the first pinball manufacturer to incorporate AR into a pin.

I have been waiting a long time to see this become a reality.

Power on Deeproot
Bring on more teasers please.

#3879 4 years ago

Quoted from RA77:I am still very excited for DR's new games.

Bring on more teasers please.

MORE ?!

I’m still waiting for the first one...

All we have so far are “eye rollers”!

Not just that, but if Pinside had a “dismissive jerking off motion” emoji, I’d be using that in place of the eye-roll.

#3880 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Not just that, but if Pinside had a “dismissive jerking off motion” emoji, I’d be using that in place of the eye-roll.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3881 4 years ago

The thread about nothing - Jerry Seinfeld

#3882 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

The thread about thing - Jerry Seinfeld

The Addams Family?

#3883 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The Addams Family?

Haha, had a brain fade

#3884 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

r/randomreddit

#3885 4 years ago

Not sure if this has been posted here yet or not... Am NOT going through all 78 pages to see if has either. If you hadn't seen it, here it is, if you have, here it is again. Was posted to a couple of Months ago, so...

EDit: Found that is has been posted here already, but not sure how to delete. Sorry, guys.

#3886 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

RE: ramps my is theory is since John "proved everyone wrong" when the TOTAN curve ramp worked this means any future ramp idea he has also will work, guaranteed!

To be fair, the totan ramp is the best ramp in all of pinball.

#3887 4 years ago
Quoted from Barracuda72:

Not sure if this has been posted here yet or not... Am NOT going through all 78 pages to see if has either. If you hadn't seen it, here it is, if you have, here it is again. Was posted to a couple of Months ago, so...
EDit: Found that is has been posted here already, but not sure how to delete. Sorry, guys.

No need to edit with an apology my friend. Your original comment was appropriate for Pinside and perfectly stated. - Made me smile.

#3888 4 years ago

Goodwill amendment received today from Robert (Deeproot).
He is certainly keeping up with his deadlines and offers to Zidware buyers.
Choose wait for games or take the cash.

I'll choose to wait and take the pins thank you! Good luck Deeproot!

#3889 4 years ago

I haven't gotten any offer from DR yet.

#3890 4 years ago

#3891 4 years ago

I'm a Zidware customer. Waiting to hear from jpop when my game will be ready.

#3892 4 years ago
laugh ass off.giflaugh ass off.gif
#3893 4 years ago

Ahh, the Five years of Deeproot, still waiting.
I still think it's a horrible name for a pinball company.

#3894 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I still think it's a horrible name for a pinball company.

They could call it Fart Blossom and I wouldn't care...

#3895 4 years ago

Deepoop?

#3896 4 years ago

Deepupyour...

#3897 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm a Zidware customer. Waiting to hear from jpop when my game will be ready.

That’s some funny shit !

#3898 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Choose wait for games or take the cash. I choose to wait

Unless your promised to get a game at a discount get your money back. Otherwise there is literally no point to take that gamble. My .02

#3899 4 years ago

Nice article from TWIP's Jeff!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/the-deeproot-tour-whitewood-wonderland-and-the-cart-before-the-horse-2/

I like what I read, but I really hoped for some pic glimpse.

#3900 4 years ago

from the article:

"They are now planning to have multiple RAZA prototypes at the Houston Arcade Expo (November 15-16th)."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.